Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Frost Walrus ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 5: Frost Walrus
Josh teleported back to Maverick Hunter HQ to select a new mission after beating Magma Dragoon. “Welcome back, Josh.” Said Double. “I think I'll go to the Snow Base now.” Replied Josh.
“But, you haven't even rested!”
“So?”
“You really should Josh.”
“Since when did Reploids care?”
“Ummmmmmm….”
“I thought so.”
Josh stepped into the teleporter once again. He was encased in a green-blue static, and then a green-blue light. He beamed out of HQ, and beamed into the outside of the Snow Base.
Location: Snow Base
“Here we go!” Josh said, in a mocking, although very good, Sonic the Hedgehog imitation voice. He ran down the path of snow, and game across a Maverick shaped like a seal. The seal launched a spiked ice ball at Josh. Josh kicked the ball back at the Maverick, taking little damage, and destroyed it. He continued up the path, destroying Repliforce soldiers and Mavericks as he went. Then, he found himself at a pit. He saw platforms made of ice coming up from the pit. “Maybe these platforms can control my descent.” Josh jumped down the pit, jumping from platform to platform, until he found a hallway. Josh entered the room from the hallway. Suddenly, a robot came out of the ice, and a wind started to blow around the robot. “Uh oh.” Suddenly, shards of ice surrounded the robot. Then, they attached to the robot, forming a claw. The robot swooped at Josh, intending to slash at him. As it was coming, Josh turned red and white. “Hadouken!” Josh yelled as he launched the fireball out of his hands. The fireball hit the ice robot square in its red crystal. It melted the ice, causing the robot great damage. Josh repeated the process, but used charged kicks instead of the Hadouken to conserve weapons energy. Finally, he destroyed the ice robot. “That thing was annoying!”
Location: Snow Base Area 2
Josh stepped into the Snow Base. “Wow. That's a lot of ice.” Josh continued down the path, dispatching Mettaurs and other Repliforce soldiers. Soon, he came to an area that was blocked off by ice. “Crap!” Josh said, punching an ice block. The block shattered into pieces. “Cool.” Josh jumped into the space where he broke the ice, and uppercutted the ice block above him, shattering it. “Good, now I can stand.” Josh continued on, breaking ice blocks to make a path. On the way, he found a tank with a “W” written on it. “Hey! It's a Weapons Energy tank! I could use this!” He picked up the tank and added it to his inventory. Finally, he reached a door. He went through it, and found himself in a long, narrow hallway. (Mega man veterans should recognize this) He went down the hallway and through the other door. The door shut behind him and locked. “Oh great. Now I'm locked in….” Josh sighed. Suddenly, a walrus-like Animaloid jumped down into the room. “Frost Walrus.” Josh said.
“This puny kid? I don't have time for this.”
“Yeah right. You don't have time because you're a weakling. Idiot.”
“Oh that's it! You've done it now! I'll crush you!”
“Bring it on!” Frost Walrus charged at Josh. “Let's see you try this on for size!” Josh yelled. “Hadouken!” Josh threw the fireball at Frost Walrus. Frost Walrus was hit by the fireball, causing immense damage and melting his tusks. He fell to the ground and slid across the floor towards Josh. Josh wall jumped over Frost Walrus before he slid into him. Frost Walrus picked himself up, and blew steam, regenerating his tusks. “Now you're gonna get it!” He roared. “Oh really?” Josh retorted. Josh threw another fireball at Frost Walrus. Walrus was hit again, and the process repeated. Soon, Walrus was low on energy. “I think I'll finish you now. Shoryuken!” Josh released a charged, Super Dragon Punch, hitting Frost Walrus three times with a jumping, spinning uppercut while his hand was on fire. Finally, Frost Walrus was destroyed. Josh picked up the orb that was left behind. It absorbed itself into Josh's body, turning him light blue and white. “Sweet! I got the Ice Blade!” Josh opened up his communicator. “Double, I'm heading back to Hunter HQ.”
“Roger.” Came Double's reply. Josh teleported back to Maverick Hunter HQ.