Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Jet Stingray ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 6 Jet Stingray
Josh teleported back to Hunter HQ. “Welcome back,” said Double. “I think it's time to go to the Ocean Base now,” said Josh. “Roger,” replied Double. Josh went to the vehicle hanger, and jumped onto a land chaser. “Time to waste some Mavericks!” He gunned the engines, and headed towards the ocean base. Soon, he reached the outside of the base. Some of the guards saw Josh, and chased after him on the ramps. Josh slowed down on the throttle, and jumped right before the guards ran into him, passing over them. He then shot at them with the land chaser's blaster, destroying them. He continued down, and went into a tunnel. He went through the tunnel, shooting down Repliforce soldiers and blowing up barriers. Soon, he came to the end of the tunnel. Enemies were ahead of him, with barriers in front of them. He shot at them, but they were smart enough to dodge, and the shots destroyed the barriers, exposing a large ramp. The enemies jumped the ramp, doing back flips off the ramp, but bailing on the landing and being destroyed. At the end of the ramp, Josh could barely see a panel of judges raise score signs, reading this: 9.0, 8.0, and 2.0 “What the…” Josh thought. Soon, he jumped off the ramp. “Let's see how you like this!” Josh executed a back flip to superman break-dance, landing perfectly. The panel of judges raised score signs reading this: 10.0, 10.0, and 10.0 “Woohoo!” shouted Josh. Josh now entered the second area of the Ocean Base. “Ok, let's see what's going on with Jet Stingray.” Josh went up and over the ramps, destroying Repliforce soldiers, and jumping over spike traps. Finally, he saw a bunch of boxes on the path above him. He scanned the boxes, finding a tank with an “E” on it. “It's an energy tank. That will definitely help.” He dashed into the boxes, destroying them, and picked up the tank as he passed through. He quickly jumped off so he could clear the small wall. He finally, reached the end of the path, and jumped off of the land chaser before it crashed into the wall. He went through the door and found himself in a hall similar to that of the Snow Base. “Now, this looks familiar.” Josh stepped through the door, and fell. “Whoa!” He landed in what seemed like a tank filled one-fourth with water. Suddenly, a stingray type Animaloid came up from the sand in the water. “He's still chasing me? That's just great.”
“Yo! I'm right here Stingray!”
“I guess I'm gonna have to kill him.”
“Bring it on.”
Jet Stingray rose into the air, releasing four smaller stingrays. “Yeaghhhhh!” Jet Stingray then tried to dive bomb Josh, Josh just barely jumped over Stingray as he went under. “I've got to take care of those small stingrays first. Josh pulled out his ice sword, and slashed at the smaller stingrays. Then, Jet Stingray dive bombed Josh again, but Josh jumped up into the air, and downward stabbed Stingray, freezing him in a block of ice. Stingray took a large amount of damage. Then, Stingray broke out of the ice, launching himself up into the air. “Oh great,” Josh said. Jet Stingray then started to hover, slowly coming back down. Then, Josh had an idea. He wall jumped up to Stingray, and slashed him again with his ice sword. Jet Stingray was frozen again, taking a load of damage. Then he broke out of the ice again. Josh repeated the process until he had defeated Jet Stingray. Then, Josh picked up the core that Stingray left. It absorbed itself into Josh's body, turning him a dark blue and grey. “Yes! I got Ground Hunter!” Josh opened up his communicator. “I'm coming back to HQ.”
“Roger,” came Double's reply.