Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Slash Beast: Fight on the Military Train ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 7 Slash Beast
Josh teleported back to Hunter HQ from the Ocean Base. “Welcome back Josh,” said Double. “I going to stop the Military Train now,” replied Josh. “Right, off you go then.” Josh activated the teleporter, and teleported himself to the Military Train. Josh landed right on the back end of the train. “Right on target,” Josh said to himself. He heard his communicator beep. “What is it Double?”
“HQ wants you to destroy the weapons on the train as you go along. We want the Repliforce's weapons to be cut off.”
“Roger.” Josh closed his communicator and started down the train, destroying Repliforce soldiers and weapons boxes. Soon, he came to the end of the car. Suddenly, a Repliforce soldier came up from the other car, and threw a grenade, destroying the link connecting the two cars. “Oh sugar honey iced tea!” Josh yelled. He dash-jumped to the other car, meteor smashing the soldier (Super Smash Bros. Melee veterans should know what I'm talking about.). “That's what you get for trying to kill me.” Josh continued through the car, destroying more enemies and weapons boxes. As Josh went along the path, he got tired of doing about the same thing over and over. “Something better happen soon, because I am seriously getting bored.” Suddenly, a different train came up behind Josh, after he jumped over to the next car. This train, however, was different. It had a lone Repliforce soldier on the top, with three spears below, stacked on top of each other. “That's just great!” Josh back-flipped away from one spear as it was thrust at him, while karate chopping another in mid-air. Then the Repliforce soldier shot at him. Josh jumped over the shot, and flying side kicked the soldier, destroying him. “Now what?!” Josh then proceeded to destroy the spears with the flaming Hadouken. Finally, Josh destroyed the last spear, destroying the car. Soon, the car that Josh was standing on went into a tunnel.
Location: Military Train Area 2
Josh found himself in the tunnel. “That thing was the only fun fight around here.” Josh continued down the line of cars, breaking boxes, and killing enemies. He jumped cars whenever a Repliforce soldier blew up the links. Finally, he came to the last car in the train. Suddenly, he saw Slash Beast chasing the car from the tracks. He then jumped up onto the train, breaking the last box. “Well, well, well, if it isn't Maverick Hunter Josh.” Slash Beast said. “Can it Beast, you're goin' down.” Josh retorted. “Oh really? You have no chance.” Slash Beast charged at Josh, claws out stretched. “Now that's no way to attack, Slash Beast.” Josh said as he jumped over the attack. “Now taste the power of the Ground Hunter!” Josh shot a small stingray from his Buster. Slash Beast was hit, as he didn't see the attack, and was knocked down. Slash Beast tried the ramming attack again, but missed. Josh then proceeded to back flip-kick Slash Beast, knocking him into the air, and hit him with the Ground Hunter to end the combo. “That's it Josh! You're gonna get it! Twin Slasher!” Slash Beast launched two energy blades at Josh. Josh jumped over the first one, but not jumping high enough to be hit by the second. Josh fired another Ground Hunter at Slash Beast, damaging him greatly. Then, Josh ran up to Slash Beast, and finished him with a flying sidekick to the head. Slash Beast exploded, and Josh picked up the core left by Slash Beast. “Yeah! I got Twin Slasher!” Josh shouted as he generated two beam sabers. “Double, I'm coming back to HQ.” Josh said into his communicator. “Roger.” Replied Double.