Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Web Spider ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 8 Web Spider
Josh again teleported back to Maverick Hunter HQ. “Double, I'm going to the Jungle now. I'm gonna take care of Web Spider.”
“Sounds good to me,” came Double's reply. Josh then stepped into the teleporter and teleported to the jungle. (Play Jungle Theme from Megaman X4) Josh headed down the path, killing the maverick bugs, and Repliforce soldiers. Then he came to a waterfall. Josh jumped down, since he had no other path. Just before he hit the ground below, he activated the shock protectors on his feet. He hit the ground hard, causing it to shake slightly, but was undamaged. “That was fun.” He continued down the path, destroying Maverick Bees and their hives. Soon, he came to a dead end. In the wall, there was a red crystal connected to some wires. “This looks interesting.” Josh ran up to the wall, and punched the crystal hard. The crystal shattered, destroying the wall. “I know that would take a couple shots from X's buster.” Josh quipped as he stepped through the opening. Josh then continued down the path, dashing to save time. Soon, he came to a door. Josh opened it, and entered the same long narrow hallway as the other places he went to. “Don't these people get tired of these dang hallways?!” Josh yelled. Josh stepped through the other door. Josh heard rustling in the trees above him. Suddenly, Web Spider shot down from the trees, hanging on an electrically charged web. “You've labeled us as Mavericks!” Web Spider shouted at Josh. “I will not let you pass!” “Well, I see we have to work something out.” Josh returned. Web Spider climbed up his strand of web, into the trees, while Josh pulled out his dual sabers. Web Spider dropped down at a different spot. “Try this on for size! TWIN SLASHER!” Josh yelled as he jumped at Web Spider, slashing him with the sabers. Web Spider was hit with one sword, while the other cut him off the web, damaging him immensely. Web Spider screamed as he was hit. He then shot another web at the trees, and frantically climbed back up. “You can't hide from me, Web Spider!” Josh shouted into the trees. Web Spider came down again, and Josh hit him again. He repeated the process until he killed Web Spider. Josh grabbed the core and absorbed it into his body. “Yes! I got Lightning Blast!” Josh opened his communicator. “Double, I'm coming back to HQ.” “Roger!” came Doubles reply.