MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Seven: Hunt for Protoman ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ahhh (dodges pitchfork thrown by enraged fans), I'm sorry... I'm sorry, keep reading henry's alive... I never kill off anyone I like okay. Looks around nervously, and if you kill me you'll never be able to find out what happens.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Seven: Hunt for Protoman

      The sound of something hitting the wall met Henry's ears, when he heard something metallic hit the ground he opened his eyes bewildered.

      On his knees shaking with emotions was Protoman, Henry shivered and looked behind him... apparently Protoman had decided to hit the wall instead.

      "Takato?" he questioned, Protoman bit his lip.

      "I couldn't do it, no matter what... I can't kill someone I consider my best friend," Takato told, not caring that the robotic humanoid had almost killed him only moments ago Henry hugged him.

      "Its okay Takato, you didn't and that means everything," henry told him, Protoman finally stopped shaking and after taking a deep breath regained his calm.

      "Thanks Henry, what now?" Takato asked, Henry frowned... he knew that Dr. Wily would be sending his other robots to make sure Protoman did the deed... probably to make sure Takato was free actually.

      "Get me out of here for one thing, after all if I'm still here he'll just order one of the other robots to kill me," Henry pointed out, Takato let out a string of expressive swearwords.

      "Then we better hurry, if I know Wily... he'll probably have the others arriving in a few minutes," Protoman said getting up, he then helped Henry up with a metallic hand.

      "Where too, I really don't know where we are," Henry said, Protoman grinned.

      "Actually, were still in the city Megaman is always is. The only reason he didn't find this place yet, is that the Doc has this place shielded," Protoman said. It was at that moment, they heard noises from the floor below.

      "Do you think he did it, really kill the human brat," a voice said, Protoman swore recognizing it.

      "Yessssh, he'sss the worsssst of ussss after all," another voice said, Protoman groaned also recognizing it.

      "Who are they?" Henry asked seeing his friends reactions.

      "Cutman and Snakeman, we have to get out of here fast," Proto growled, Henry nodded.

      "But how, I thought the only way in and out were on that floor?" Henry asked, Protoman looked thoughtful then snapped his fingers as inspiration hit.

      "The roof," Protoman said, Henry nodded but wondered how they would get off the roof.

      It was at that moment; the door to this floor opened, in stepped two idiotic Robots known as Cutman and Snakeman.

      "Protoman, why isn't the human dead. Dr. Wily ordered you to kill him," Cutman nodded, Henry had a feeling Protoman had rolled his eyes at the two robots.

      "Up yours," Protoman said giving then the finger, Henry sweatdropped and the two robots looked like Protoman had grown a second head.

      "Up..." Cutman said blinking.

      "Yourssssss," a bewildered snake robot said also blinking.

      "Always wanted to say that," Protoman snickered, Henry smacked his forehead with his hand knowing that this wasn't the time for such a remark.

      'Of course, Terriermon would have said the same thing' he thought, he could only sweat as the two began to ready there weapons.

      "Seems we overstayed our welcome," Protoman said, with that said he grabbed a very startled Henry and zipped out of the room like the hounds of hell were after them... well that was near enough for they had two robots shooting there weapons at them.

      "Takato..." Henry said dryly, Takato grinned down at him.

      "Yeah," he said as they burst onto the building roof the two robots only twenty feet behind them.

      "Remind me to re-teach you tact, seems you lost all of yours in the last five years," Henry said, Takato only laughed as he ran/carried Henry to the edge off the roof.

      "I didn't loose it Henry, but for some reason... for the first time in five years I feel free," Protoman said, Henry had to smile... and knew at that moment that Protoman was beyond Wily's control.

      Forever...

***

      Protoman while outwardly smiling was truly quite serious, mind you the comment to the two other robots had been so fun to do. But he had other thing to do then exchange remarks and shoot at the other two robots, he had to protect Henry.

      He frowned as he looked over the edge of the roof, they were quite high up... but he had to chance it or henry would be dead and Wily would probably reprogram all his free will away.

      "Henry, Get on my back," he said in a very serious voice putting the blue haired teen down. Henry gave him a strange look but did as he asked, at this point they could hear the loud voices of Cutman and Snakeman.

      "Hurrry, hesssss getting awayyyy," he heard snakeman hiss, Protoman sighed... now are never.

      "Hold on tight Henry," Protoman said, he felt Henrys grip tighten and knew the human was terrified... after all as far as Henry knew they were trapped on the roof.

      "Why?" Henry asked bewildered, Protoman grinned but knew his friend couldn't see it.

      With that he ran forward... and leapt, Henry began to scream as they began to fall.

      Yet before they had gone five stories Protoman was in action, his hand shot out and grabbed an out hanging flagpole. Then using the flagpole; he used it to send Henry and himself safely to the roof of another building two stories down from it.

      Once he landed, actually quite calmly and easily he turned to look at the top of the building Wily's hideout had been. At the top he could see the two distinct forms of Cutman and Snakeman, then he turned and ran quickly leaping to another roof just avoiding the attacks sent after them.

      "You okay Henry?" Protoman asked in concern, from what he could tell Henry was sweating and breathing heavily.

      "I guess, just warn me if your going to do that again," Henry gasped out, Protoman sighed.

      "I think that were going to be doing this a lot today," Protoman said to his friend as something appeared in the distant sky.

      "What do you mean?" Henry asked, Protoman pointed with a metal hand.

      In the distance was a small aircraft that had weapons attached to it, a familiar symbol was on its side.

      "Wily," Henry groaned, Protoman only nodded.

      'This has long day written all over it' Protoman thought.

***

      Wily remained silent as his ship flew through the air, his dark eyes seemed to glare at Pharaohman who was driving... and the robot wouldn't shut up.

      At the moment Wily wanted to pull out a wrench and put the idiot out of his misery, but he didn't... he had an evil figure he wanted to keep.

      As soon as Cutman and Snakeman had stupidly let Protoman get a head start the two had given him a call, so here he was trying to capture Protoman... who he didn't actually want to capture.

      He hid a smile at that, and even more he was proud. Proud at his grandson, Protoman had broken all programs he had used to make him loyal to himself and to keep him under control... and he hadn't even killed Henry.

      That told the white haired man what bonds these two had, even though his grandson was now a robot the bonds of friendship had held.

      'Run Takato... run, today will be one of the worst days of your life and I don't want it to be your last' he thought, he could only hope that everything would work out like he hoped.

***

      "Protoman give up, you cannot escape and you will be punished for disobeying me," Wily said from his hovercraft, Protoman glared at the hovercraft with the 'W' symbol on its side.

      The man demanding him to desert his friend was the bane of his existence, he would not give himself up... Henry would die if he did.

      "No way Wily," he growled, he glared at the hovercraft... sadly no one could see through the visor over the upper half of his face.

      "Then you will be destroyed!" Wily shouted, Protoman quickly dodged the very dangerous laser bolt that came from the hovercraft.

      "No thanks, I'll take a rain check," he said, and with that Protoman began the chase of all chases.

***

      Dodge, dodge... dodge again.

      Yikes... that almost hit, ouch... that will take awhile to fix in his armor.

      These thoughts were running through the robot known as Protomans mind as he ran, for the two hours he had been dodging fire from Wily and Wily's robots.

      If he had been human he would of long ago would of passed out from exhaustion from the energy he was using, or died of blood loss.

      He was getting quite damaged in the process of trying to get Henry to safety, his armor was broken and cracked and eve bits of his visor had broken off.

      If one looked closely enough through the cracks they would of seen his crimson eyes, Proto knew that if he survived this encounter it would take awhile for his systems to fix all the damage to his body.

      'Where's Megaman when you need him' Protoman thought angrily, the blue robot always showed up when evil didn't want him... so where was he when he was needed.

      "Henry..." he said as he managed to slip inside an abandoned building for a few minutes rest, thankfully no one saw him slip inside.

      Henry looked up; his gray-green eyes were wide and his skin pale. It was obvious he wasn't enjoying this, Protoman wasn't either.

      "Did we loose them?" Henry asked hopefully, Protoman sighed and sat down to rest.

      "For the moment at least, but they'll probably find us soon," Protoman replied, he winced slightly as Henry looked over his mostly destroyed armor with a frown.

      "You have to be careful, if I know anything about metal is that if you get hit again the stress of it will probably cause some of your armor to explode or shatter... not a good thing," Henry said, Protomon shivered at the thought.

      "I found them!" a voice suddenly shouted, Protoman paled as best a robot could and quickly grabbed Henry.

      "Wha..." Henry said startled.

      "Bomberman," Protoman said.

      But it was already too late, the world around them exploded.

      Protoman covered Henry's form as best he could as the building crumbled around them, then as they fell into the unknown Protomans systems finally shut down from the massive damage caused by the explosion to repair him.

***

      Megaman blasted away the bad robots as he arrived at the scene; he had finally gotten a message that Protoman had escaped with Henry and on the run from Wily. He didn't know why the other robot had done so, but he wanted to know... Protoman never did anything like that before.

      "No!!" Terriermon suddenly shouted from his position on Megamans head, Mega could only gasp as the building he knew Henry and Protoman to be hiding explode in some areas and collapse violently.

      "Damn," Mega swore, he rarely swore, mega blasting away the rest of the robots (Wily's carrier wasn't anywhere nearby). Quickly he called for help; then Terriermon, rush and mega began to dig to hopefully save Henry and Protoman before time ran out.

      Hours later, with hundreds of helping hands something was finally found. An unconscious Henry was found unhurt: with an unconscious very damaged Protoman shielding his body.

<><><TBC><><>

Next time: Henry recovers at the mega household while a system down Protoman slowly repairs himself with Lights help. Truths are finally unfolded about Protomans past and the sorrow he carries. Find out what happens next in the next chapter.

FH: Well it was about time my writer's block for this ended, and don't worry there will be Rukato soon. Also probably some brotherly bonding between Protoman and Megaman.

R.Calumon: Anyway, it's probably going to be awhile till the next update. FH wants it to be good, and as you can tell this one isn't as good as others because writer's block kept hitting at the weirdest times.

Ja ne