MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Eight: Truths revealed ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well here is the next chapter; at this point in time I only know the general outline of the story. By now you should know I make things up as it come to me, but I do have certain things planned...so don't worry this story does have a storyline... kind of anyway.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Eight: Truths revealed

Tick tick tick tock

Rustle...

Clip tapp tap tap

Henry frowned and with a moan rolled over, no matter how many annoying noises he was hearing he was not you hear getting up. The bed's mattress was firm and comfy, and wow this pillow was thick.

"..." He said sleepily, happily he pulled the blanket tighter around himself.

Suddenly something annoying poked him in the cheek; Henry frowned once again and rolled over to his other side.

He was poked once again and quite a few times, his eyebrow twitched in irritation.

"Go way Terriermon... tryin ta sleep," Henry said still half asleep, the poking stopped. One minute later Henry snapped to reality, quickly he sat up eyes wide in shock.

He also accidentally caused the creature poking him to fall off the bed.

"Terriermon!" Henry cried in joy, getting back onto the bed terriermon grinned and gave a small chuckle as his partner engulfed him in a massive hug.

"What, no hug for me," a sarcastic and cold voice said, Henry turned and gave the owner of the voice a nervous laugh.

"Good to see you too Rika," Henry said, Terriermon snickered but thankfully low enough that the digimon queen didn't hear him.

"Henry," Renamon said appearing from nowhere, thankfully she did it slowly enough that it didn't scare the heck out of him.

"Renamon," Henry said nodding, he then frowned slightly wondering why he had a nagging feeling he was forgetting something.

"Yo Henry, what's wrong?" Terriermon asked seeing the frown, that frown turned to slight terror as he finally remembered something.

"Terriermon, you have to tell me quick... what happened to Protoman!" Henry demanded; Terriermon looked quite startled at this but answered.

"In the lab, but why..." Terriermon said, but at that moment Henry slammed himself out of bed his face white.

"Get me to him quick, I have to stop anyone from destroying him," Henry said, Terriermon exchanged a startled look with Rika and Renamon before shrugging.

"Sure, follow me," Terriermon said jumping off the bed, he then left the room with henry hot on his heels.

Very curious Rika and Renamon followed but kept a bored expression on their faces.

***

He was floating; he was in a place where peace was the only option.

There was no pain, worry or sorrow.

He felt at rest, something he hadn't felt for quite a long time.

He didn't want to ever wake up, in the waking world there was only pain and sorrow.

Strangely... in this place he was in his long lost human body.

"But you have to wake up Takatomon," a soft familiar childlike voice said, startled Protomon spun around in that strange place and his eyes widened.

"Guilmon," he whispered.

***

Dr Light looked up startled from his computer as Terriermon rushed into the room followed by Henry; he quickly noticed the panicked look on the blue haired teen's face.

"Is anything wrong?" Light asked frowning, while he was glad Henry was fine and in good shape even after being buried alive he knew something wasn't quite right yet.

"Please, whatever you do... don't destroy Protoman," Henry suddenly cried to the white haired scientist, at his words the room became very silent... now this was not expected.

"But why, he kidnapped you and you could of very well ended up dead?" Terriermon asked bewildered, Henry sighed, a tired look in his eyes.

"Because, everything isn't as it seems," Henry said in a quiet voice, he then pulled out quite a few disks out of his pocket and held them out to the creator of megaman.

Light took them, and knew whatever was held on the disks would change there lives forever.

***

"Guilmon... is it really you?" Protoman asked softly, Guimon smiled his golden eyes shining with innocence. This was the guilmon Protoman remembered from his life as Takato, innocent yet with a heart of gold.

"Yes its me Takatomon, its been a long time since Guilmon saw you last," Guilmon said, Protoman smiled sadly... yes it had been a very long time.

"Yeah, it has. But why are you here in my dream Guilmon, I'm not human anymore... and after all the horrible things I did would you really want to be partner to me?" he asked, the viral rookie digimon looked at him his expression not changing.

"Takatomon and Guilmon always together forever, always," Guilmon said, Protoman smiled.

"Thanks Guilmon, but... how is it possible for you to be here?" he asked puzzled, the rookie digimon giggled a bit.

"Takatomon was dying and Guilmon knew, Guilmon helped save Takato by becoming one with him... by using his D-ark... now Takatomon and Guilmon one forever," Guilmon said in a way that sounded as if it was normal, Protoman gasped.

"You... you gave up your life," Protoman said in awe and horror.

***

While Dr. Light and the others looked over the disks, one person of the light household watched over the damaged and offline form of Protoman.

Megaman had never expected to see his rival in such a damaged form, never in a million years.

He had never really hated the other robot; Protoman had almost been like an older brother to the blue bomber... the only problem was that Protoman worked for evil.

'What a messed up world' Mega thought with a sigh, with that still in mind he watched the slow and very interesting process of Proto's armor repairing itself.

'I wish I had a program like that' he thought in slight envy, with a program like that it would be easier to fight against Wily. But, it looked like it didn't do much good for Proto. Actually: it was probably, the only reason protoman hadn't been destroyed. The program had been able to repair minor things at the beginning.

'Why protoman, why did you save Henry who you had been ordered to kidnap before. Why now did you choose to save someone and betray Wily, what happened to cause all this' he thought confused.

He turned to look across the room and looked at henry, the blue haired human had a strange look on his face as he helped everyone look through the disks.

'He knows, but why isn't he telling everyone... what is on those disks that is so important that we must discover on our own?' Mega thought confused, but he knew that soon all would be revealed.

***

"Guilmon didn't die, Guilmon still here with you," Guilmon said and placed a taloned paw on Proto's chest over where his heart was if he was still in a human body.

Unknown to Takato, the D-Ark was in the exact spot a human heart would have been.

"But why?" Proto asked bewildered.

"Because Guilmon came from Takatomon, Guilmon always part of Takatomon. Guilmon just joined back with Takatomon, Guilmon doesn't mind... now Takatomon and Guilmon always together," Guilmon said as if it was the simplest thing in the world, with a sob Proto hugged Guilmon to his chest.

"Thank you," he whispered, the golden eyed digimon smiled.

"No, thank you for letting Guilmon come into existence," Guilmon said, Protoman could only smile.

Suddenly the world seemed to get brighter, startled protoman looked around.

"What's going on?" he asked with confusion, Guilmon tilted his head and smiled.

"Takatomon is waking up, soon Takatomon will go back to real world from dream world," Guilmon said, Protomon gasped.

"But what about you, what will happen to you... will I ever see you again?" Protoman asked, Guilmon just smiled.

"Guilmon always with you Takatomon; and will always be with you even if we can't talk. Guilmon love you," Guilmon said, Protoman smiled.

"I love you two Guilmon," protoman said softly, and as the dream quickly faded away Protoman had a feeling that this would be the last time he saw Guilmon. But he would never be truly apart from his partner, Guilmon would be with him for eternity now.

***

"This can't be right... how could this have happened, how could Wily have done such a thing!" Dr. Light suddenly shouted, his blue eyes stared at the information on his screen that came from the disks that Henry had given him.

"What's wrong Dr. light?" Megaman asked from where he watched over Protoman's damaged ands slowly repairing body.

"How can this be true," Light whispered, at that moment he felt tremendous sorrow and pity for the robot known as Protoman.

A human trapped unjustly in a robot body and forced to be a slave to a family member, this was the worst of the worst.

"I know," Henry said, Light sighed and now knew why Henry was protecting Protoman, also why Protoman had not been able to follow that terrible final order.

"What... what's going on, someone tell me..." Terriermon said very annoyed, Light was silent for a moment.

Then finally he told them what the files contained, he told the truth of who protoman had been... and the fact that Protoman had been a slave all this time forced to do everything by Wily.

Silence reined over the room at his announcement.

The only one not surprised by the announcement was Henry for he knew all this already, but he looked grim all the same.

"Protomon is goggles," Rika whispered finally in shock, this she had never expected.

"Your joking right," megaman said walking shock over his face.

"I wish I was, but I'm not and we have to concentrate on repairing him so that he can tell us how he escaped Wily's control," Light said.

"You know, this would be really funny if I wasn't damaged so much," a voice said sarcastically, startled everyone turned.

On the table Protoman had been laying the red robot was now sitting, already Light could see a lot of damage repaired... but there was still a lot of damage to be fixed.

"Welcome back," Renamon said appearing behind him.

"Ack!" Protoman said in shock, and did something Renamon hadn't been able to do for five years... he fell off the table.

Silence filled the air, a few sweatdropped.

"Okay, that was weird," Megaman said dryly.

"can someone help me up, my legs are still too damaged to move by myself," protomans voice finally said, at that point Rika broke out laughing.

This was one of the things she had missed the most since Takato had died.

<><><TBC><><>

Next time: Protoman and the others start to learn about each other, Rika starts searching for new goggles for Protoman... and what's this... Megaman looking totally human!

FH: I know that he acted more like Takato them Proto but I needed some humor at the end there. Don't worry Proto will soon be acting cool again... and I plan to give him a pair of sunglasses... you can't have proto without shades.

R.Calumon: Anyway enough rambling, next FH will be telling you about her argument with an aol buddy on the subject of who is cooler... protoman or Zero. Really, what is she on, a permanent sugar rush... ahhh I need a mature author for once.

FH: Sorry, I fed R.Calumon too much ice cream... see you all next chapter.

Ja Ne