MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Nine: To be human ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi everyone, here is the next chapter. Most of this chapter will be brotherly bonding between Proto and Mega. Also, Protoman will soon be acting more like Protoman instead of goofy Takato. Someone pointed out (forget who, sorry) that he was acting too much like Takato. Can't have that, I want him to be cool like Proto most of the time, so he will be cool.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Nine: To be human

Protoman scowled at the sight before him, Dr. Light was looking over his damaged legs in hope of finding a way for him to help the recovery time for them... mind you the program was helping but he was low on energy so it was slow now.

"Hmmm... Not much I can do but let your program repair it," Light said, Protoman made a face and rolled his eyes. Mind you no one saw the eye part, he still had his helmet on and the helmet was already repaired.

"Joy," Protoman said dryly, he heard someone snicker in the background... probably Terriermon.

"I read in the files on the disk that your body in convert food into energy and other substances to repair and energize your body, you also have a sleep mode," Light said, Protoman blinked... not that anyone could see it.

"Yeah... what about it?" he asked confused, the white bearded man smiled up at the robot his blue eyes twinkling.

"So, what do you want to eat... have any preferences?" the scientist asked putting Protoman off guard, the robotic teen was silent for a moment.

"Not really, to eat though I have to use my program to look human though," protoman said thoughtfully, Light nodded and Proto knew that the human knew of the program. Either he had read it in the disks information, or Henry had told him.

"Hmmm... you might as well change now, Roll is getting some food ready for lunch... also I am quite interesting on how you change from armored to looking totally human," Light said, everyone who was still in the room also wanted to know.

"Alright... but since my legs are damages in this form they still will be when I look human. In other words, I still won't be able to walk anywhere," Proto pointed out, Light nodded.

With a slight sigh protoman concentrated on the programs within him, finding the 'Civilian program' activated it.

Silver light covered the robot in question, then the light faded away and so was everything that made him look like the robot he was.

Standing there was a human looking Protoman; he wore normal clothing. The only thing that hadn't vanished that he had been wearing was his scarf; at least that was the same. He was wearing a navy blue sweatshirt with a white hazard symbol on it; he wore tight form fitting black jeans and simple white sneakers. The final touch was black fingerless gloves.

"Momentai," Terriermon said in awe, Protoman sweatdropped at the slack jawed reactions he was being giving... thankfully Henry wasn't fazed since he had seen it before.

Proto sighed as he looked down at his legs, while they were still damaged so he couldn't walk thankfully you couldn't see the damage in this form.

"You need goggles," Rika said finally, Protoman grew a giant sweatdrop and wondered if in her mind would he always be labeled a gogglehead or goggles.

"Where can I get a program like that," megaman said in awe, Protoman gave a small laugh and scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't ask me, it was only installed in me," he said, Megaman sighed his blue eyes filled with envy. Protoman knew why, all too well why that envy was there.

He could look, eat and sleep like humans and his blue counterpart couldn't. Protoman had once been human and had missed all these sensations, and then there was megaman who had never felt the joy of these things.

'Sometimes... even this robotic life sucks for even someone as nice as mega' Proto thought sadly, he would love for the blue robot to experience the pleasures that all humans take for granted.

Neither noticed a strange look that came into Dr. Light's sapphire eyes... one that showed a scientists thoughts.

***

Megaman blinked and blinked again, by the way his counterpart Proto was eating the food must be really good... boy did he wish he could eat food.

Energy canteen were good and all, but he wanted to eat the human food... the smells were so good. At this moment he wished DR. Light hadn't given him such good smelling, why had he anyway... he didn't eat... probably to make him more human like.

'I want a program like that' a small part of megamans electronic super computer brain whined, thankfully he didn't say it out loud... people would think him nuts. He never whined, but here in his mind for once he was.

"You know, if you had the ability you would be drooling over the food," a voice suddenly said, startled the blue bomber came back to reality to find Protoman staring at him with a gleam in his eyes.

"Me drool, you must be mistaking me for something else," Mega said, protomans grin widened and his crimson eyes twinkled. And somehow like all brothers they began to fight, the rest of the household watched this with giant sweatdrops.

***

"You going somewhere Rika?" a voce asked, startled Rika turned from the main door of the light household to turn to the owner of the voice. Leaning against a wall was Henry, by the blue haired teens feet was a smirking Terriermon.

"Most of my clothing are dirty, I'm heading home to get some clean ones," Rika replied in her usual frosty tone, however a small blush brushed across her face almost unnoticeable in the light.

Henry grinned seeing it, but he nodded.

"Sure, my parents are stopping by for me in an hour... do you want to wait so they can drop you off too?" he asked, Rika blinked and felt her blush darken.

How could she tell him what she planned to do on the way home, she had been planning to buy a new pair of goggles for Goggles... he needed goggles or her nickname for him wouldn't fit.

"No, I don't need a ride," she said, with that she slipped outside closing the door behind her hoping that her blush would go away.

***

As the door finally closed Henry let out a snicker, he looked down at his partner who was grinning quite evilly. He loved it; it wasn't everyday you got to see the Digimon queen blush like that.

Mind you, if she heard him snicker about it he would probably find himself missing a few teeth... he rather liked his teeth.

"So, how are your parents doing?" Terriermon said, Henry winced. His parents had been so happy he was okay and were rushing over as soon as they could, he had a feeling that his whole family was making there way here to make sure he was okay.

"The usual," he said with a sigh, he had a very bad feeling his mother and Jeri wouldn't let him out of there sights for the next few months... not that he mined the Jeri part.

"Henry and Jeri, up in a tree," Terriermon began to chant, before he could get any further a furiously blushing Henry whapped him in the head.

"Spoilsport," Terriermon sulked, Henry still blushing walked away wishing that after all this time his partner would stop doing that stupid chant.

***

Blue eyes met crimson eyes; a spark of challenge went between them... challenge accepted.

In a flash of light and battle calls the two leapt into battle, the looser fell to the ground with swirly eyes.

"Victory!" Proto cried giving the 'V' victory sign with his hands, beside him Mega groaned and put down the controller next to the game console.

"No fair, that's the third time in a row," mega said slightly sulkily, on the television screen the words 'Game Over, Red player wins' flashed across.

"You did better then last time though," proto pointed out, Mega smiled a bit.

"That's a bit better, you must tell me your secrets," Mega said and proceeded to give Proto his version of the dreaded puppy dog eyes of the younger brother variety.

"I use to play this all the time when I was still human," Proto said in a dry voice, a giant sweatdrop had appeared on the side of his head.

"No fair," the blue bomber cried, unknown to mega he was acting like a human child would react to an older sibling... this was the nearest to human emotions he had ever been.

"Maybe you'll win next time," proto said changing the subject some, mega brightened and challenged Proto to another round of games.

"Ready, set... go!" mega cried, with determination in there eyes the two once again leapt to battle.

***

"Dr. Light?" Roll said, she was looking out of the lab's door to where the two robots were playing and bonding in the normal human like way of brotherly bonding. She had a huge sweatdrop, she wondered if this was normal and wondered why anyone would want to be human if they acted so silly.

Mind you she didn't put her creator in that category, he was beyond amazing... he was part of her small family that was now it seemed a bit larger.

"Yes my dear?" Light asked not looking up from his computer, whatever he was doing it looked like he was very excited and interested in it.

"I was just wondering, how can Megaman and Protoman get along so well when just a week ago they were blasting away at each other in hope to destroy each other?" Roll asked, this had been really bothering her. In the past Protoman had pretended and tricked them into believing he was good, could this be another trick... and why were the two getting along so fast so easily.

"Because they both have the ability to forgive Roll. To ere is human, to forgive is Divine. That's a quote, they are forgiving each other for the past, that is what brothers do," Light said, yet Roll still felt and looked confused.

"But they aren't brothers Dr. light, they were both created by different people. I don't get it, why are so trusting of Protoman so suddenly?" Roll asked still confused; Light looked up a small smile on his face.

They were both created off the same project, just made differently from it. They are brothers, take a look at them Roll and learn... what you see now between them at the moment is something so human that humans take it for granted," Light said, at that moment laughter drifted into the room and Roll looked out.

Both Megaman and protoman were laughing, looking at the screen she saw that they had Ko'd each other so both lost.

"I still don't get it," she said, still laughing the two male robots restarted the game still smiling.

"Someday you will," was all Lights reply.

***

"Hmmm," Proto said suddenly and he blinked, startled megaman looked at the human looking robot next to him after pausing the game.

"Hmmm what?" he asked, Proto smiled slightly.

"Oh... my leg repairs are done, I can finally walk again," Protoman said stretching said legs, Mega smiled, that meant he wouldn't have to carry the other robot around when they were done playing.

"Kewl," he said, he didn't noticed the look Protoman had given him... he hadn't realized that he had just sounded like a normal kid.

"That's good, now I can borrow you," Light said suddenly appearing behind the brown haired robot, Protoman gave a yell of protest as the small white haired scientist dragged the human like robot into his lab and locking the door after pushing Roll outside.

"That... was just freaky," Mega said sweatdropping, Roll could only agree.

***

"There we go," Light said as he connected the last wire to Protoman, at the moment Proto was once again in his armored state with his chest open so Light could access his programs.

"You know, you could have just asked instead of dragging inside," Protoman said dryly, Light nodded.

"I should have: but I didn't want to spoil the surprise," Light said, Proto blinked confused.

"Surprise?" he asked confused the scientist nodded smiling.

"After finding out about your 'Civilian Program' I created a chip that once I connect you to the computer will make a copy of the program so I can install it into another robot. Sadly it will only work once, if I tried it again it would destroy the program within you or the copy program if I tried copying either. Wily didn't want this program getting around I must say, but at least I can get one copy of it," light said, at those words Proto smiled.

"So, giving my little bro the 'Civilian program' so he can experience humanity or as close as the program lets him," Proto said, Light nodded.

"Yes, but I want to surprise him," he said, Proto grinned.

"Hook me up Doc," Proto said, Light grinned and nodded with a thanks.

***

"Where in the world would I buy goggles?" Rika asked herself, she had thought this task would be easy. But so far, she hadn't found anything other then stupid kiddy ones for the pool.

'Mind you, goggles would of looked hilarious in that pink pair' Rika thought, she giggled a bit before returning to her search.

"No suck luck yet?" Renamon asked appearing beside her, Rika shook her head no.

"None," she sighed.

"It might not be goggles, but would those do?" Renamon asked pointing to a shop window, Rika turned and gasped... they were perfect.

It was a pair of sunglasses that reminded her of Protomans helmet where the shades were, they would look great on them.

"Lets go," Rika said heading into the store, idly she wondered how Takato would take to being called Shades instead of goggles or gogglehead.

***

"What in the world are they doing in there?" Megaman said in curiosity, it had been half an hour since his creator had dragged Protoman into his lab... and he was just itching to know what was going on.

It was at that moment the door to the lab opened, Megaman looked up and was surprised to see a grinning Protoman walk out still looking human.

"Your turn," he said, then before the blue bomber could say anything Protoman grabbed him and dragged him inside the lab.

"See you later dear," Dr. light said waving to roll as he closed the door.

"Operation human has begun," Light said his eyes twinkling in a devious way, Protoman nodded.

"Dr. Light?" Megaman question, the last thing he saw as he was shut down was Lights grinning face.

***

Megaman blinked as he was brought back to activation, sitting up he saw that Dr. Light and protoman were looking at him with quite strange smiled on there faces.

"Yo bro, activate your new program," Protoman finally said, megaman blinked.

He had a new program, searching his systems he did have one... but what did 'Civilian Program' mean. Not knowing what else to do, he activated it.

***

Proto looked on in awe as a silver glow covered his blue counterpart, it soon faded but leaving a totally new figure in his place. The only thing Proto could find similar was megas face and his blue eyes.

The blue bomber looked to be a human boy around thirteen with short messy brown hair that had a slight reddish color to it. He wore a white long sleeve T-shirt with a blue vest over it; he wore simple blue jeans and a cool pair of blue combat boots, and last of all he wore blast wristbands.

Proto could only think one thing.

"How come he got such cool boots," Proto said with a frown, Megaman sweatdropped and Light laughed.

***

"This is cool," megaman said as he walked around with his now human like form, Roll and Rush looked at him in amazement and yes... a small bit of jealousy.

"I know," Protoman said with a grin, he was at the moment in a very comfy chair and he felt that he didn't want to get up anytime soon.

Strange as it was, Proto couldn't help but notice how much Mega looked like Davis from the Digimon 02 cartoon series. Mind you his hair wasn't spiky only messy, but wow... he wondered what mega would think if he introduced him to the digimon series.

"Now that your use to that form megaman, I think we need a name for you while in it. It will confuse people if we refer to you as Megaman, especially since I think it's a good idea to keep this forma secret," Light said, megamans face fell a bit.

"Why not Rock, that's what you originally called me before you changed me into a fighting type robot," Megaman suggested, Light nodded.

"Good idea, but what I find fascinating is that your human form is different from how I designed you before... but be because of the programming," Light said, Megaman now rock smiled.

"So does that mean we should call Protoman... Takato while in his human form?" Rock asked. Proto blinked.

"I guess, it would probably freak less people out of they didn't know I was Protoman," he said, Light nodded.

"Now that this is out of the way, I need to do something else," Light said, the two male robots blinked.

"What?" they asked.

"Signing Takato and Rock up for school," Light said, he left the room never hearing Protoman's/Takatos cry of horror and Rocks cry of surprise.

<><><TBC><><>

Next time: Its time for school, Takato and Rock go to school as the Light brothers and boy will things be interesting. Takato finds himself in the same class as Rika and Henry, also Rock needs to figure out how he's suppose to keep his robotic origin secret. And don't forget, Wily's not out of the picture and he still has world domination in mind. All this and more

FH: Konnichi wa everyone, I hoped you liked the chapter. It drove me nuts to write this one, in fact I started over twice. I couldn't seem to write certain scenes right... ahhh writing block sucks.

R.Calumon: At least you readers didn't have to wait forever for this chapter at least, FH got into a creative writing mood after she got home from work (yuck) and just had to start writing.

FH: Hey, at least I got some really deep conversations into this one.

R.Calumon: So what, at first you didn't think you'd get this done in time for this week. You had one page you hear me... one page done. Then late the night before you post you start writing like nuts and its out. At least you surprised the person you said you'd send the one page version with the full version instead.

FH: Until next time.

Ja ne