MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Eleven: Before the Storm ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Heh, here is the next chapter. This story is getting more and more fun to write... but harder and harder to make good. Damn storylines for each chapter is hard to write. I swear I delete half of each chapter to start again to make it all good. Firehedgehog falls asleep briefly at keyboard before waking up, maybe I should stop writing so late at night... but that's when my writing seems to come out best.

BY the way, lots of humor this chapter.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Eleven: Before the Storm

      "How was school today?" Doctor Light asked; as Rock climbed into the car, the boy didn't answer till the door was closed.

      "It was okay, I made a friend... she's pretty nice. But it was weird, I actually met a bully... he ate part of my lunch," Rock said a bit of his voice a whine, he never noticed Lights mouth twitch slightly in what looked suspiciously like a smile.

      'I wonder how he would react if I pointed out he just whined' Light thought amused, he quickly shook that thought away.

      "You didn't get hurt did you?" he asked concerned, Rock sighed.

      "No, but I got pushed around a bit... but that was all," Rock replied as the hover car began to move, as the two drove to Takato's school Light finally asked something he had been wanting to ask all day.

      "I hear there was a fight in front of your school, one with Wily's robots... did everything go alright?" Light asked, Rock smiled.

      "Yeah, thankfully no one got hurt but Wily's robots. Even Rika and her digimon helped. Takato managed to help a bit too... but no one saw him at all so everyone thinks Protoman is still dead," Rock said cheerfully, Light had to fight off more laughter... Rock was chatting away at an almost hyper speed of any normal kid the age he looked.

      "Were here, now where's Takato," Light said driving onto the parking lot in front of Takato's high school.

      Rock looked around for his 'brother'; he quickly spotted the crimson-eyed teen.

      "There he is," Rock said pointing, Light nodded and beeped the horn.

      Takato who had been leaning against a wall looked up; the teen blinked then started walking over at a calm pace.

      Finally at what seemed like forever (since Rock knew that since Takato was a robot like himself, and could go much faster in reality), Takato got in the hover car. He sat in the back with the other robot.

      "So how was your day?" Light asked, Takato shrugged.

      "Normal," Takato said, he leaned back and pulled something out of a pocket, putting them on his face Rock saw they were sunglasses.

      Rock sweatdropped at the very calm voice Takato spoke, he had spoken like a very bored Protoman.

      Sometimes it was almost hard to remember he was Protoman, but times like this reminded them all loud and clear that Takato was... at least those who knew Takato was also the red robot.

      "Where did you get the shades?" he asked as Doctor light began the drive home, Takato smiled a bit.

      "Rika," Takato said, that was the last thing he said on the drive home.

      Just before they got home Rock finally asked something, something that had left Rock confused all day.

      "Dr. Light, what's a panic attack... is it some kind of animal or something," Rock asked, at that point Light broke out laughing.

      It took quite awhile for Rock to calm him down, but soon enough panic attack was explained to him. (1)

      A large object slowly hurtled through space; sickly energy crackled around it and fizzled behind it.

      Its size was one forth the size of the Earth's moon, anything it hit was instantly decimated to nothing.

      It had entered a certain solar system not long ago, its energy made it hard to detect but soon it would be... especially at the speed it was moving and it's gigantic size.

      It moved in a certain path, its destination of its next destruction...

      Earth...

      "This is good," Takato said, Rock just nodded his mouth full.

      Dr light just smiled as the two-presudo humans ate, tonight they were having spaghetti... the first time for Rock... and it looked like for Takato too.

      "Gewd," Rock said through a full mouth, Light sweatdropped at the open mouth.

      "Eat with your mouth closed," Light said, Rock swallowed his mouthful of pasta and looked at him curious.

      "How can I eat with my mouth closed?" he asked curious.

     "You've lived around humans this long and haven't noticed how yet?" Light asked puzzled.

      "What do you mean, I never had any reasons to wonder how you humans eat," Rock pointed out.

      'Yes, that is a good point' Light thought with a sigh.

      "Try to eat, like Takato then," Light asked, Rock sweatdropped.

      "But I am Dr. Light," he said, Light looked at Takato and placed his hands on his forehead.

      'Oh yes, I forgot he hasn't had to eat for five years... manners would have been forgotten' he thought in exasperation. For there was Takato eating a huge mouthful of pasta with his mouth open.

      "Never mind then Rock, looks like I'll have to teach you both how to eat right another time," Light responded.

      Because he looked down he never saw the two exchange grins and high fives.

      "Bwaaa ha ha ha," an evil laugh went through the entertainment room of the Light household, Roll shivered a bit at its familiarity.

      "Um... Dr. Light?" she asked poking her head into her creator's office, inside the room the white haired scientist was working on some project and trying to ignore the laughter.

      "Yes Roll?" he asked looking up, she shivered a bit as laughter was once again heard.

      "You are going to break him of that laugh... right," she said, Light nodded.

      "Yes dear I am, but give him time... he's only been free for awhile and it takes time to break bad habits," Light told her, she sighed.

     "I was hoping it would just take fixing a wire, or something along that line," she said, he came up to her and patted her on the shoulder.

      "There there, I'm sure he'll stop soon," Light told her, at that moment the laughter that could easily be recognized from their encounters with Protoman once again echoed through the house.

      "Takato, I know that you like killing those weird aliens in the game... but can out please stop laughing every time you blow one up," came Rocks voice, their was a bit of silence to everyone relief.

      "Eh... I was laughing, I didn't even realize I was," Takato's voice said filled with curiosity.

      "How can one not know when they're laughing evilly," Rock pointed out.

      "When one had to be evil for five years," Takato replied.

      Light and Roll had to sweatdrop at that one, but thankfully Takato didn't laugh evilly after that... too much.

      It was dark, but he was use to the dark... it seemed to him that it had been surrounding him for the last five years.

      He had walked through its sticky ways trying to find freedom since his human death, now he was free of it... but he was still lost.

      He had no idea what to do with his second chance with life, he wasn't human even though he looked it... and he wouldn't age.

      Worse, he couldn't even help Megaman against Wily... his grandfather.

      The world had to keep thinking Protoman was dead. If not, he could probably never find peace.

      Yet... he still wanted to fight.

      Was that wrong, he didn't know.

      He knew he should be helping the fight against Wily, with Megaman at his side as he had long wished to do.

      But that was out or his reach for now, people would never believe that Protoman one of Wily's most 'loyal' robots... that was even a sarcastic thought in his mind he mused... was good.

      "What a mess I'm in," Takato mused, he closed his eyes and shifted into sleep mode.

      'Humanity' Rock mused, he had never realized how being human was so interesting. But now: with the new program that let him experience human life he was enthralled, he didn't understand why so many humans destroyed there lives or other people's lives.

      Take Wily for instance, Takato had dies and Wily brought him back as a virtual robot slave bring terror to thousands. Takato had hated it but could do nothing but follow the commands, how Takato/Protoman must have wished to still be plain human Takato still.

      'Will I mess up in this presudo human existence, would they accept me if they knew what I was. They would react badly if they knew I was actually a robot acting like a human' Rock thought.

      Closing his eyes, he thought about those groups of robot haters that thought all robots should be destroyed... even himself Megaman.

      'Better stop thinking like this' Rock thought, to stop his mind from getting any more confused he shut himself down for the night enjoying the feel of the bed Light had given him for his human form.

      It was very late at night as the scientist began planning for his next day; he looked over the reports on his desk.

      It had taken Wily awhile to get hold of these, and the information and graphs they held were very important.

      "Darkman, Cutman... snakeman," he said, the three robots quickly came to his side and waited for orders.

      "Yessss ssssiiirr," Snakeman hissed.

      "I have something I want you to retrieve for me tomorrow, do not fail," Wily sneered, the robots nodded.

      They listened and memorized his orders, then left once dismissed.

      Once they were gone Wily sighed and pulled a picture out of his desk, it was a picture of a husband and wife and a young child. The picture was many years old; the old man touched a finger to the child's face.

      "If only things were as simple now as they were then Takato, but I can't turn back time... no matter how much either of us wish it was possible," Wily whispered, once he had tried to change time. He had tried to steel a time machine from light, but in the end the machine had been destroyed... destroying all chances of saving Takato's life in the past. (2)

      "But they aren't that simple, and now because of what I did five years ago you'll never forgive me," Wily sighed, he put the picture away and began to look over future plans... he could always think about Takato/Protoman another time.

      It was morning, yes he could tell that without climbing from the warm bed. Through his sheets he could see the light leaking into the room, warm and golden.

      'Too early' Takato thought with a yawn, but his sleep mode was done and he had no reason to stay in bed.

      'Wait I do, its comfy' Takato smirked, it had been years... actually since he had been human that he had been able to laze in bed at this time of day. His deceased parents running a bakery had cut down on his sleeping in time... but there were a few occasions that he had.

      Strangely, it didn't hurt as much now that his parents were dead or the fact he would never see them again.

      'Time heals all I suppose' the robot thought, it still hurt but only a dull ache in pain of the memory.

      'Enough depressing thoughts, I'm going back to sleep' he thought with a smirk, he began setting his sleep mode to let him sleep another hour. Not that he needed it, but he dreamed when he was in sleep mode and made him feel closer to human.

      Then all thoughts of sleep ended as the door to his room opened and the shades to his room pulled up; bright light fell upon him.

      "Rise and shine," a cheerful female voice said, Takato sighed... he had forgotten that Roll knew when his sleep mode ended or usually lasted.

      He pulled himself deeper under his covers, he was not climbing out of bed... he was too comfy.

      "Hey!" Takato cried as the sheets were pulled off him, he sat up and glared at the blond who smiled at him.

      "Stop being lazy, now get dressed so you can eat breakfast," Roll told him, she then began to walk out the room. "And don't even try to go back to sleep Takato, after I wake up Rock I'll be back to check on you," she said.

      A moment later Roll ran from the room laughing and a smashed alarm clock (for show) crashing into the floor where she had just been.

      "Have to be faster then that," she called.

      Takato muttered under his breath as he ate breakfast; Dr. Light read the newspaper as he ate a light salad. Across from Takato was rock who still looked not quite up. The blue bomber was still not use to the sleep mode offered to him by the chip that made him look human.

      "Way to early," Rock moaned acting like a human child would, Takato's mouth twitched... he wondered how his blue counterpart would react to the fact he was acting so human.

      "It's nine in the morning," Light said not looking away from his paper; the two teen robots gave him a glare.

      "Still too early," Takato said in agreement, Rock nodded and sipped some orange juice.

      Finally Light put down his paper as he finished eating, he looked towards the two human looking robots.

      "I have an announcement to make," Light said; this grabbed both robots attention.

      "You're going to introduce us to a new robot?" Rock asked.

      "Roll will stop waking us up?" Takato asked.

      "Were having Pizza for supper," Rock chirped in.

      "Your letting me get a weapons upgrade?" Takato asked eagerly, everyone paused and looked at him. "What, it's a valid question," he said glaring, everyone decided to ignore that. (3)

      "No no, none of that," Light said.

      "What then?" Rock asked curious.

      "Were going to have a family outing today, since we can now act like one," Light said smiling. The silence was so deep you could hear crickets.

     "Whatever," Takato said as he finished eating, he pulled out his shades and put them on.

      "Um... okay I guess," Rock said blinking.

      'Hmmm... I thought they'd be more excited' Light thought, he forgot one simple thing. Takato and rock had the personality of teenagers, and teenagers weren't that big on family outings.

      Takato smirked, as the three of them put on some light armor like things, in his hands was a gun like apparatus.

      Next to him Rock adjusted his armor, looking to his left he saw that Dr. Light was also ready.

      "I've never played this before," Takato said.

      "Me neither," Rock agreed.

      "Then it will be something new for all three of us," Light said smiling.

      "The rules are easy enough to remember," Rock said thoughtfully.

      "Yeah yeah, lets just start," Takato said, he rolled his eyes behind his shades.

      "First we have to split up," Rock reminded him.

      "..." Takato said.

      Soon the three of them split up as the lights were lowered in the area; Takato smirked and readied himself to seek out the other two.

      "Time to play," Takato smirked, he then began to walk silently through mostly dark halls and rooms.

      Ten minutes later he found them, Rock and light had cornered each other and couldn't move without revealing themselves to the others mercy.

      His smirk grew, this was perfect; he cocked the gun like object and aimed it at Rock and Light.

      "Hi little bro," Takato said, this startled both of hem and they turned not even bringing there guns up.

      "Uh oh," Rock said seeing him, Takato grinned at him and began letting it rip.

      Multiple shots barreled towards the two; he saw the counters take affect.

      "Bwaaa ha ha hahh," Takato laughed darkly as he shot the hell out Rock and Light.

      He had won; his opponents were no more.

      "Um... Takato, this is laser tag... you don't have to use your real life skill," Light said to the laughing Robot.

      "I don't think he hears us Dr. Light, but does he have to laugh so much... this is a game?" Rock asked.

      "Until we break him out of the evil laughter thing, yes then," Light sweatdropped. He did wish Takato wold stop shooting though, fifty times was a bit excessive.

      "I did say I was sorry," Takato said to an annoyed Rock.

      "You won easily, you didn't have to keep shooting and laughing," Rock pointed out, Takato sighed.

      "I really am sorry Rock, its just that Wily had control of me for so long that certain things are engraved into my programs. It will take awhile to purge that laugh and trigger happy thing," Takato said with a wince, if that game had been real Rock would have been scrap metal and Light little bits of bloody flesh.

      "That's okay, we'll just have to work on it," Rock replied with a shrug, Takato gave a small smile.

      "Thanks," Takato whispered.

      "Well, we still had a lot of fun never less," Light said, at that moment their order arrived.

      The three of them had stopped at a small cafŽ for lunch; Light had ordered the soup of the day, Rock the daily salad. And Takato, well he had a large hot chocolate and had a simple sandwich for his order.

      "But I still wish I hadn't just kept shooting like that, I have to really stop doing the bad habits Wily forced on me," Takato said with a soft sigh, Rock patted him on the shoulder.

      "Think nothing of it, you're with us now and everything will work out in the end," Rock said, Takato smiled a bit more.

      "I guess your right," Takato said, Rock grinned.

      "So, when are you going to ask Rika on a date," Rock teased, if robots could blush Takato would have... he level a glare of death at his 'brother'.

      Thankfully he had taken off his shades so he saw it, Rock sweatdropped and decided to drop the subject.

      "Be good you too," Light said, they both sighed.

      "Yes sir," they said softly.

      It was at that moment Lights Cell phone rang, light dug it out of his pocket and turned it on.

      "Hello, Dr. light here," Light said, both robots tried to hear what the other person said but couldn't hear what was being said ion the other side.

      "Yes, yes, I'll stop by," Light said to some question, Takato and Rock exchanged glances, both wondering what was going on.

      "See you soon then," Light said, he then turned off the cell.

      "Boys, wee going to have to stop the family outing early. A friend of mine needs to see me as quick as possible, that means as soon as were done... and that means since I can't drop you off home you'll have to come with me," Light said, Takato shrugged.

      "Not like we have anything else to do," Takato replied, Rock only agreed.

      It was a tall building with small clumps of trees surrounding it; the building was gray but didn't look to bad for its old age.

      "Were here," Light said as he parked his hover car in a parking space near the edge of the parking area.

      "Not too bad looking," Takato said as they climbed out, Rock smiled.

      "Not bad, Takato this building is over a hundred years old... its in great shape... so don't say its not bad," Rock told his brother.

      "Whatever," Takato said stretching.

      Rock decided not to argue with the other robot, Takato was in one of his dark moods. Most of the time he was a cheerful person (now that he was away from Wily), but today he was in a darker mood and acting more like his Protoman personality.

      "Come along now," Light said, the two of them then followed him into the building.

      Security let them in easily knowing they were expected, as they walked towards an elevator Rick mildly wondered how those guards would have reacted if they knew the two teens were Protoman and Megaman.

      The elevator ride was a quick one, there wasn't even the usual droning elevator music playing.

      Ding

      The door opened as they came to the top floor, Light stepped out the now open door first followed by the two robots.

      "Dr. Light, thank goodness you came!" a portly white haired man cried seeing them, he wore a white lab coat all scientists seemed to wear, gray slacks, blue sweatshirt beneath. His hair; was combed over the top, this signified that he was starting to bald.

      "Your call sounded urgent Timothy, what is the matter?" Light asked his blue eyes filled with worry, the man sighed. He was about to answer; when he spotted Takato and Rock, he looked hesitant.

      "What about them?" Timothy asked.

      "Anything you can say to me you can safely say to them," Light said, Timothy nodded.

      "Follow me then," he said, he then led the three of them into a Lab filled with computers, lab equipment of course and telescopes that would have made any scientist drool with envy.

      "Take a look at these printouts," Timothy said passing the other scientist a wad of papers, light began to leaf through them his face paling as he did.

      "This can't be right," he said softly.

      "I'm afraid they are, we first thought our telescope had a glitch... then we realized that it wasn't and the radiation it was giving off was making it hard to detect. We were able to get a few good images of it, I even set everything up so you can view it," Timothy said in a grave voice, Rock frowned wondering what the two were talking about.

      He turned and looked at Takato, the teen; had pulled off his shades and were looking at the proceedings with a small frown.

      "How big will it be?" Takato asked, the two scientists looked up from the scientific papers and peering through the telescope. It was evident they had forgotten the two were there.

      "A few months," Light replied, Takato sighed.

      Rock looked back and forth between the two scientists and Takato, he had a feeling he was missing something... but he didn't know what.

      "A few months what?" Rock asked confused, Takato was the one who answered.

      "A meteor little bro, a big one heading for earth," Takato said folding his arms in front of himself.

      "What, that isn't good... can't we just blast it apart?" Rock asked frowning.

      "No such luck, it's so big weapons won't affect it, and if we did hit it the pieces would just hit earth anyway making it a larger version of the moon," Timothy replied, Rock shivered at the thought of that.

      "How big...?" he asked.

      "Big enough, with one hit it will destroy the earth making it space dust," Light replied.

      "So, the earth is doomed in a few short months," Rock said, the scientists sighed.

      "Damn," Takato muttered summing it up for all of them.

      "Were here," Cutman smirked.

      "Reeadyy, the explosssionsss," Snakeman said, Darkman nodded.

      "All in place," Darkman said.

      "Now," Cutman said, with a press of a button, 3 explosions sounded shaking a building. Smoke spewed from a few windows, startled and fearful shouts rang out.

      "Perrrfect," Snakeman hissed.

      "Let's do this," Cutman said, with that the three robots slipped into the building.

      "What was that!" Timothy yelled as the building shook, Rock shared a look with Dr. Light who nodded.

      "Go ahead," Light said to his unspoken question, as he ran from the room Rock took a quick look at Takato who was shaking his head... probably guessing also who it was.

      "Be careful," was all Takato said.

      "Right," Rock said.

      Once out of the lab and no one was around he deactivated the program that made him so human, in a flash of light Megaman stood there.

      'Wish we hadn't left Rush at home, but he wouldn't get here on time anyway this time' Megaman thought, with that in mind the blue bomber quickly rushed to where Wily's Robots would be.

      "Here it is," Cutman said as he found the reason for this, in front of him was a small silver chip.

      Suddenly he found himself blasted across the room and out a window, the other two bots were also blasted out of the building.

      "What... wasss that," Snakeman hissed as he got up. Unnoticed to them a crowd of people had gathered curious about the explosions, they backed away to a much safer distance seeing the three robots.

      "Sorry, but I can't let you steal from here," a very familiar voice said, the three robots wanted to scream as the owner landed nearby.

      "Meeeegaman," Snakeman hissed angrily.

      "Hope I didn't interrupt a bad time," Megaman said, Cutman snarled.

      "We won't let you win Megaman!" Cutman yelled angrily, he did not want to face Wily with yet another failure.

      "Ahhhhh!" Megaman suddenly shouted; as purple sparks surrounded his body, he fell painfully to the ground.

      "You forgot about me," Darkman said, the dark robot had gotten behind Megaman and managed to hit him with one of his attacks... it would be hours till the blue robots would be able to get off.

      "Lets finish him," Cutman said, the three of them readied there weapons knowing that they were about to get rid of there hated enemy.

      "This isn't good," Light said looking down to the scene below.

      "What should we do?" Timothy asked.

      "WE have to get that chip to safety and save Megaman," Light replied, he turned to say something to Takato.

      "Hey, where did the kid go?" Timothy asked as they both peered around for the crimson-eyed teen.

      "I don't think so," a voice said as the three charged there weapons, the three bots gasped and spun around to see a familiar red armored figured.

      "Protoman!" the three shouted, the crowds also began to whisper at this new development... all had thought Megaman's counterpart dead.

      "We thought you dead," Darkman said.

      "Specially when your wires crossed and you went nuts!" Cutman said, none noticed the sweatdrop behind Protomans head.

      'By the digital world, they think I did all that because of a crossed wire' Protoman thought, looks like he would have to show them that he wasn't playing on Wily's team anymore.

      "Come, help us destroy Megaman," Darkman said, Protoman smirked and everyone thought he was agreeing to Darkman's suggestion.

      "Sorry, I only came out of retirement because your about to destroy my little bro," he said, disbelief showed on the three robots faces. "By the way, it wasn't a crossed Wily that let me escape Wily..." he said.

      The three robots looked upon him with disbelief and waiting for his to explain.

      "I HATE WILY'S DAMN GUTS, THAT DEMON CONTROLLED ME AND NEVER LET ME MAKE MY OWN DAMN CHOICES. I AM MY OWN DAMN PERSON AND I HAVE MY OWN PERSONALITY AND NOT THE ONE HE FORCED ON ME!!! I AM FREE OF ALL HIS CONTROL PROGRAMS AND STAYING THAT WAY, HE CAN ROT IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE!" Protoman screamed, letting out the rage that he had felt for five years.

      This caused everyone to gasp never having heard so much anger and sorrow in the red robots voice before.

      "And so can you," Protoman said darkly, the last thing the three robots remembered as they were blasted apart was the image of Protoman happily... yes happily firing at them.

<><><TBC><><>

1) This was something continued from last chapter. If you don't remember read last chapter.

2) This is an actual episode, mind you the reason of Wily stealing it was a totally different reason.

3) Hey, After having a blaster and playing with weapons Takato's bound to have a thing for weapons. Wouldn't you, after all Takato likes fighting to a certain degree. And what guy doesn't like weapon upgrades.

Next time: Protoman is alive and well, that is what the world finds out. Then when they start getting over there shock they get an even bigger one, in a few months time a meteor will hit earth destroying it. But hopefully they can find a way to destroy it before it arrives.

Hi everyone, I watched my Megaman episodes and realized that the Megaman series took place in the united states... so I'm saying now that it takes place in Japan in this version.

Ja Ne