MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga ❯ Chapter II : Crossfire! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga
by Wazuki Orochi

Chapter II : Crossfire!

"Jack in! Freep, power up!", Freep felt himself being ejected from his PET and into the port by the door. There were black scorch marks everywhere in the area, and strange flaming wolves were prowling around as well, looking for a tasty program or Navi to snack on.

Freep let out a low whistle as he surveyed the area, "Man oh man...somebody did a number on this place, Wazuki. Judging from the looks of it, I'd say this is an area where we could get the door open, but it'll take me a second to find the program to do that."

"Any viruses, Freep?", Wazuki voice said over Freep's headphones.

"Yeah...but it's strange. I don't think I've ever seen viruses like these. They look like Spikeys but more....realistic. They look like actual wolves made of fire. Think you can give me something to deal with that?"

"New viruses...? That's never a good sign. Yeah no problem, Freep! Double ColdPunch battlechips in, download!", Wazuki slid the chip into his PET as Freep's arms turned a soft blue with steam shooting off of them.

"Thanks a lot!", he whistled loudly, getting the flaming wolves attention, who growled in response, "Come here doggies!!! I got some icy treats for ya!", the wolves dashed at Freep in two packs of five, Freep crouching down and putting his fists up. One of the Wolves ran apart from its pack and leapt towards Freep with fangs beared. Freep quickly retaliated with an uppercut to the wolf's jaw, shattering it and quickly deleting the enemy. The other wolves, seeing the death of their comrade, came attacking full force. One of them attacked Freep from behind, pinning him to the ground as the others circled him. Freep silently swore as the attack turned his forearms turned back to normal.

"Not good! Help, Wazuki!!!"

"I'm on it, Freep! Invis3 battlechip in, download!", Freep's body turned invisible, confusing the wolf as Freep grabbed its front legs and flung the flaming monstrosity towards the other wolves, sending them scattering as Freep walked towards the pack of wolves with his feet crackling with electricity. He laughed as he casually kicked and stomped them aside, booting one into a group of three as they flew like bowling pins into deletion. Freep soon became visible again as he raised his fists up in triumph, "Man, that was a great workout! Anyone else want a piece of me!?"

"Freep, now's not the time! Get that door open before the security turret shoots this guy!"

"Right!", Freep's eyes turned to a console not far away, more wolves were guarding it, and they already noticed the long-eared Navi thanks to his hooting and fighting. Instead of fighting, they started to howl loudly, making Freep cover his ears, "Agh! Wazuki, what are they doing?"

* * * *

"Crap! They're calling their leader! Stay on your toes, Freep!", Wazuki was patiently trying to figure out who could have done this when an officer tapped his shoulder, "Son, are you a NetBattler?"

Wazuki blinked, "Well...no, I'm not, but I-"

"Only NetBattlers are authorized to handle situations like this, son, don't you know that?"

"So where are they?", Wazuki waved an arm out at the crowd, "This is a bank robbery no doubt! Why aren't they here?"

"...That's...that's a good question son, where are the NetBattlers?", the officer looked down at him, "You're all we got right now son, give this scum hell."

"Right.", Wazuki turned towards his PET again, "Where are they...?", he muttered quietly.

* * * *

Freep stood in front of the wolves as the wolves turned to a thin, tall man that stepped out of the darkness of the scorched landscape. He had firey red eyes and long trailing tresses complely created from flame. His armor consisted of tight shell-like armor crafted from obsidian, covering the rest of his body was a firey red jumpsuit. Burned onto his forehead was a symbol of a skull being cremated by fire, this was most likely his icon. He looked at Freep with a deep stare, "...What the hell? A NetBattler...here?"

Freep pointed a finger at the strange Navi, "A NetBattler? Me? Heh, no way! I'm a NetDiver, pal! I'm Freep, and I'll be kicking your bank robbing heiney tonight!?"

The Navi let out a laugh, "How amusing, but you hardly seem the effort! You may call me PyreMan and trust me, I'm not robbing a bank, I'm making my organization known!"

Freep looked at him, "You're not robbing a bank?"

"I'm not some worthless pickpocket, bunny. I'm a master of the flame. See, in excatly ninety seconds that turret is gonna pour flaming liquid on that man locked in the building, if he moves, the turret moves with him, he won't escape a firey death. This in turn, will make the people fear our organization, and give me a good laugh as well."

"You sick twisted little monkey! I'm gonna take you down right now!", Freep slung his guitar into his arms as PyreMan laughed, "What the hell is this? You gonna play a song for me!?"

"Sure! I'll play my favorite, 'Rabbit Axe'!", Freep started playing his guitar with a lot of ferocity, sending electrical pulses at PyreMan who leapt up into the air. PyreMan then landed on the ground effortlessly as he smirked at Freep, "You're not an average Navi, I'll give you that. However NetDiver, it's time to put you in your place.", PyreMan then held out his arms as the surrounding wovles around him turned into flame, merging with his armor as it glew a hot red before bursting into flame, "Ahh...that feels good! Let's get it on!", PyreMan threw out his hand as lava shot out of it and quickly cooled into a curved, jagged, twisted sword of obsidian. Freep smirked as he slung his guitar over his back, getting ready to give the burning Navi a kick, "Wazuki, something to handle him?"

"Gotcha, let's give him the 'Trick Riff'. Guts Punch battlechip, download! RockCube battlechip, download!", Freep's right hand became large and the color as Guts Man's fist as a cube of stone appeared in front of him. He gave the cube a mighty punch as the cube was sent hurling towards PyreMan, who just casually stepped aside as the rock cruised along, "I've fought security programs tougher than you! Now where...huh?", PyreMan looked over at where Freep was, yet he wasn't there, "How did you move so fast? What the...?", Freep bounded off of the RockCube he clung onto as he put his guitar into his hands, sending another electrical wave at PyreMan hitting the target dead on, sending PyreMan flying into a nearby wall, "Not bad, 'Peter Cottontail', but it's not gonna be enough if you're gonna play that guitar all day. Final Flame!", PyreMan's armor burned in intensity as PyreMan shot his arms forward, spewing forth a great deal of flame as it rushed towards Freep, dousing him in the flames.

"That's right! Perish! Suffer! You NetBattling scum have really screwed yourselves now!", PyreMan laughed as the wolves came out of his armor, turning it back into obsidian.

"You have something against the NetBattlers, huh? Hm, is that why they aren't coming, did your organization scare them? Funny, UnderNet Navis don't scare so easily!", the Flames died down as a green barrier surrounding Freep shattered like glass, "You also put down your guard, man you must be reeeeal sure of yourself!", Freep ran a firm hand across the strings of his guitar, sending electricity through the wolves and deleting them with one shot, "Whoops. I'm sorry, was that your power source?"

PyreMan scowled as he looked at Freep, "It's okay bunny, it's all good. Consider yourself the one thing that single handedly killed the Hikari family."

"What!?", Freep wasn't expecting that.

"Wonder why no NetBattlers came a knockin'? It's cause our leader threated to kill Dr. Hikari and his family should just one NetBattler get in his way. Actually I was here to lure a NetBattler to stop me, just so our organization could shed some blood tonight. Ta ta, bunny. I bet you won't love the morning news, but I'll be recording it!", PyreMan cackled as he dissapeared in a flash of fire.

PYREMAN LOGGING OUT

"Dammit! I screwed up big time! Gotta get that door open!!!", Freep slammed his fist on the switch, "Wazuki! It's open! Get him out of there!"

* * * *

The door lock opened with an audible click as the man quickly ran out the door moments before the flamethrower doused him in flame. Wazuki logged out Freep as he found himself surrounded by cheering people.

"Wazuki, did you hear that? Now that stopped this guy his organization is gonna whack Dr. Hikari and his family!", Freep yelled from his PET.

"I know, you tell Krach and the others!", Wazuki hit a black button on his PET, "Hacking Protocol One, transmit."

Freep's straps flew off of his chest, swirling around like snakes. Under each strap was a strange silver disk, "Protocol One recieved, commencing UnderSquare Portal!", the straps flew forward, thrusting in front of Freep then quickly retracting and attaching themselves to Freep's body again as a glowing tear suddenly spewed forth from the empty space his straps attacked.

"Alright, I'm going now!", Freep jumped into the tear as it quickly repaired itself, Freep flying through a strange white area as he headed to the UnderSquare.

* * End Chapter II * *

* Next Chapter! *

Freep : Hey! The leader just gave us an order! What? We have to do what now?

Wazuki : It seems we have to hack into Lan's own PC and warn MegaMan! Who knows how strong this organization is!

Freep : Yeah, but if MegaMan doesn't beleive me, I'll be cannon fodder!

Wazuki : Next time on MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga, 'Long-Eared Messenger'!

Freep : Thnink he'll believe a Hacker like me?

Wazuki : Be thankful you have lucky feet.

* * * *