MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga ❯ Chapter III : Long-Eared Messenger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga
by Wazuki Orochi

Chapter III : Long-Eared Messenger

In the bleak realm of the UnderSquare, a large deep green Navi twice the size of GutsMan plodded through to its center. The Navi was covered in thick, spiked armor and wore a spiked helmet with a single shining red eye scanning back and forth across a black visor. The Navi bore a humongous rocket launcher-type weapon that was being held with ease in one of the beast's large hands as its other arm clenched its spiked hand, "Freep is not here. He is late by .0000672 seconds."

Another Navi walked by him, this one's face was covered in aged bandages, wearing a iron headband and cuirass, with steel bracers and boots. His arms were wrapped up in worn bandages as well as his legs, torso, and below his knees. Covering the rest of his body was a black jumpsuit. He flicked back his wild, red hair as his eyes scanned the area as well, ".0000672 seconds? Really, Krach...you can be really punctual when it comes to Shield meetings.", the smaller Navi replied.

Krach looked down, towering above the smaller Navi easily, "All Shield meetings are precise, no one misses a meeting Bola."

Bola shrugged, chuckling, "You barely got to this one, big guy. What was your hold up? Internet lag?"

Krach shook his head, "No, alot of Viruses popped up along the way, so I killed them with this.", He held up the monster of a weapon as Bola whisted in acknoledgment, "Wooo...nice gun, Krach.", just then the empty space in front of them shimmered and turned like water as Freep tore out of it, landing effortlessly as the rip closed up, "Sorry Krach, Bola! What did I miss?"

Bola shook a finger at Freep, "Tsk, tsk, Freep. Late by...how much Krach?"

"8.0087544 seconds.", the giant Navi responded.

"Right, seriously though, most of Shield got here early. Why not you?", Bola crossed his arms, "Your leader awaits a response.", he sniffed the air, "And what smells like toast?"

"That would be me.", Freep said, "I just saved some guy in Kotobuki from a fire bath. Some Navi from an organization named PyreMan was gonna do him in for kicks. I stopped him...but..."

Krach stuck out a large hand at the rabbit, "Not now, the UnderBBS does not need to know anymore. Let us get going to the meeting area."

"Right...UnderNetA. Heh, man, I bet the Officials still don't know anything about it!", Bola let out a laugh as he walked out of the UnderSquare, "Follow me you guys."

Krach silently followed as the surrounding Navis jumped out the way or ran off, followed by Freep.

"Who the hell were they?", a regular Navi to the UnderNet said.

"I don't know, but what's UnderNetA?", another one said.

"Do you want to know...? I mean, if it's were THAT big green mecha is going?"

"...you're right, I don't want to know.", the two Navis then continued their business.

* * * *

In the bleak ambience of the UnderNet the three Navis stood as Bola put his hands together, along with Krach and Freep, "NetDiver Code...GATE!", white rings surrounded the Navis as they vanished into thin air. They reappeared in an area with red floors and buildings with gates leading into shops, arenas, rooms, and the ever useful DiverBBS. Digital trees were scattered about the area as many NetDiver Navi's were out on their operator's business. It looked almost like an actual village, not bleak and desolate like the UnderSquare.

Bola took in a deep breath, "Ahh...DiverSquare, UnderNetA...I love this place. Such commerce, so unique."

"So illegal. Piracy, hacking, if an offical like ProtoMan even found this place we would be so screwed.", Freep and Bola looked at each other, then laughed out loud.

Krach nodded, "Yes, we are hackers, and piracy and shareware is in abundance here. However this is the only area to get great battlechips, subchips, jobs...without the ONB's laws."

Bola rose up a finger, "And with us and the other members of Shield, soon the UnderNet won't have to fear NetCriminals or NetTerrorists, ya know? It almost like were looking at the underSquare in the future.", he looked up at the cloud wallpaper drifting by, making DiverSquare look like a city in the clouds.

"Bola, you have an organization to lead, you can dream on your ideals later?", Freep suggested, shoving him towards a building with an iron door. The building was a bit bigger than the others ones, with a emblem of a shield with a hand grasping a sword on the shield.

"Right, right. C'mon Krach, Freep. Let's go!", Bola ran towards the building with Krach and Freep right behind him. They approached the iron door as Bola knocked on the door, "Candygram."

A small slot on the door slid open to reveal a pair of gleaming yellow eyes looking down at the three, "Mmm...Bola, Freep, and Krach."

"Klaymoor old buddy...let us in so the meeting can commence?", the door opened as a massive hulk a bit smaller than Krach approached the three. He was covered in thick iron armor, a full helmet with two topaz-colored slits for his eyes covered his head. He gave a simple nod towards the three, "Come in, we have been expecting you after all...", he smelled the air, "What smells like fried rabbit?"

Freep rose his hand, "I'll explain at the meeting.", he said bluntly as he walked into the building. As the others walked in, Klaymoor looked around to make sure noone was around, then he shut the large iron door.

* * * * *

Wazuki walked back to his apartment as he thought about just what had happened, it was hard getting away from that crowd, but luckily he grabbed onto the back of a truck. He found himself in the heart of the bustling city, looking up at an old building, covered in clean cut holes. It was once just a simple apartment building, but traces of radiation left it still hazardous. He heard about the whole Gospel incident from his father, knowing that MegaMan did it all.

"The ONB. Heh, all of the other Netbattlers tried, but only a ten year old could defeat Gospel, what a task. And now the Hikari family is in grave danger, and it's up to a bunch of NetDivers to help him?", he gazed at the radiated tower as he nodded slowly, "Right, it'll be up to Shield to help the ONB this time, but if we slip up...we'll be thrown in the can."

A voice called out behind him, "Yup. Hey don't worry though, Shield members always come out smilin'.", Wazuki turned around to see a man with spiky black hair looking at him through a pair of sunglasses. He was wearing camoflage pants with combat boots and a white T-Shirt with a pair of dogtags hanging from his neck, glinting in the waning sunlight. He cracked a smile as Wazuki gave a nod, "Leon Fireheart."

Leon waved at him, "Wazuki Orochi, how's it going? Getting used to not living the high life?"

Wazuki shrugged, "You remember my little brother was the one that lived with my parents. I just visited to catch up on things, I learned all I could about viruses and how they tick by living with my grandpa. Speaking of Netopia, how's your military life?"

Leon gave a quick salute at he gave out a laugh, "Oh 'Zuki, every Fireheart is in the Netopian Military Force the moment they get potty trained. Hell, my little sister is in it for cryin' out loud."

"How old is she..?", Wazuki raised an eyebrow at him. Leon gave a quick glace at the sky, "Seven, she'll be eight next month. Real firecracker, Jenny is."

"She's SEVEN!? What the...?"

"Under the watchful eye of my pa, Lieutenant General Edgar Fireheart.", Leon shrugged, "The rank means nothing though. I'm a Captain, however I'm still a Fireheart, and a Fireheart never surrenders. It's what you do, that's what determines your power."

Wazuki smirked, "Same old Fireheart."

"Same old Orochi."

They both gave a laugh as Leon slapped him on the back, "Come on, never tried any Electopian food before. Let's grab a bite, the pay from Shield should be coming in soon, add that to my salary from the military and I'll be set for quite a long time."

Wazuki grinned, "Yeah, we do get a hefty pay from Shield. Let's get that food, I know a great place Reika and I went to around my Apartment building that has the best chicken." Leon and Wazuki then left the area as they walked out towards the main street.

* * * *

A man with wild, wiry hair the color of flame wlaked through a black hallway, dimly lit by streams of white light emanating from the bottom of the floors. We was wearing a bright red shirt with loose black jeans with a fire motif at the bottom, the most catching part of this emsemble was a shimmering long coat in the style of Japanese High School students. The surface of it was covered in a strange material that shimmered with a firey color giving an illusion of flame. His shoes clicked against the steel ground with the light shining forward with each step he took and dying out behind him. He approached a gargantuan steel door with a sparkling black surface, unknown runes were carved into the door with a bluish orb near the bootom in front of the man. The man placed a hand on the orb as it hummed into life, crackling with bolts of energy.

"Ronero Shimsi...PyreMan.", the orb turned from blue to green as the door opened up with a hiss. An errie mist opened up from the massive gate as a small tablet covered with markings was at the back of a small room. A man in a scarlet robe covered in black markings was standing solemnly in front of the tablet, holding a large black book. He looked back towards Ronero with a shining red eye, "Ronero...did PyreMan finish his assignment?"

Ronero bowed to the robed figure, "Yes, my Lord Inri...now that we have been 'thwarted' we can assassinate the entire Hikari family!"

Inri nodded, "Excellent work PyreMan...you may have continue the search for the moment. I'll send RuneMan after the Hikari family. His operator is a crack sorcerer, Rabarta...more than a match for Lan, wouldn't you agree? RuneMan deletes MegaMan, Rabarta assassinates the Hikaris", the robed figure known as Inri let out a deep laugh as he opened the book again, waving Ronero away, "Dismissed Shimsi, tell Rabarta the news."

"Yes, my Lord Inri.", Ronero quickly pivoted on his heel and walked casually out of the strange chamber as he saw a pair of sapphire eyes gazing at him in the darkness of the hall, "He gave you the command, Rabarta."

The hallway lit up to reveal a man with long, stone gray hair that trailed all the way down his body, nearly touching the floor. His icy blue eyes gazed into Ronero, wearing a black robe emblazoned with crimson runes with the Bloodmoon symbol on the back. Leather boots clicked against the ground as he turned around and walked down the hall without saying a word.

"Man he creeps me out...", Ronero said as he followed behind Rabarta.

* * * *

Back in DiverSquare, in the Shield HQ, many different Navis were congregating in a great hall of sorts. Bola standing behind a podium with the Shield crest on a green banner behind him with Klaymoor and Krach on either side of him, more than likely to act as bodyguards.

"My fellow brothers and sisters, allow me to call this meeting into order. The first pressing issue at hand, it seems that all ONB activity has ceased in the terms of NetCrime. A soldier of ours, Freep, may have found the solution to this problem..."

Freep stood up in the massive crowd of Navis, "There was an 'incident' at Kotobuki, a snuff crime at one of the banks in Kotobuki. My operator jacked me into the server there to try to unlock the door, but I ran into a strange Navi named PyreMan, who proceeded to charbroil me. I came out in the end, but I did not get the name of the organization. What's worse, now they're going to try to rub out the Hikari family!!!"

Gasps and wild murmuring rang out from the crowd, one Navi stood up. This one was encased in black armor and looked like a custom model of a basic Navi, "We need to help them!"

"They're ONB, they'll save themselves!", another Navi rang out, this one looking like a medieval knight.

Krach turned towards the knight, "Not if they don't know about it, Halberd."

A female Navi stood up, this one was clad in a white bionic suit of armor with a dark blue body suit under the armor. The armor itself was very sleek and streamlined, with pulses of bluish green energy going through the creases in the armor across the bodysuit. A half helmet with a black visor covered her eyes with long powder blue hair coming out the back of the helmet. Two slender bionic gauntlets covered her arms and thigh high boots protected her legs, "What about the ONB...? They didn't protect that man at the Kotobuki bank! Something is keeping the ONB from doing its job! We have to warn the Hikari family somehow, like sending a Shield member to the Hikari navi MegaMan to warn the family!"

Bola looked at the female Navi, "A splendid idea Jehuty...we need a Navi to get there fast. Our fastest navi is..."

Every single pair of eyes turned towards Freep he slapped his forehead with his hand, "I'm going...I'm going..."

Bola whispered something to Krach, then turned back to Freep, "Then Freep shall be our envoy! Get your butt to the ACDC net pronto! Warn MegaMan of the attack!"

Freep grabbed his guitar as he nodded to Jehuty quickly before dashing out the door, Bola slammed a gavel onto the podium, "This meeting is now adjourned! Your pay has been tranmitted into your PET's. May our Shield protect the net from all oppression!!!"

* * * *

Freep was dashing through the ACDC internet as he grumbled, "Dammit, no WAY is MegaMan gonna think this is true! He's gonna fry my hacking rear with his Mega Buster, you can count on that!", Freep skidded to a halt at the entrance to MegaMan's homepage, a SecurityCube barring his path. Freep let out a laugh, "SecurityCubes are no match for me. I have the skills to get through it easily.", Freep got out his guitar as he ran towards the cube, his guitar coursing with amperage, "BUNNY BASH!!!", Freep's guitar hit home as the cube shattered. Freep grinned as he walked into the link, "When all else fails, hit it really hard...so sayeth Klaymoor."

Freep came out of the link as he stayed low to the ground, looking around from any signs of MegaMan, "Nope, I don't-", Freep felt icy steel against his head as Freep slowly put his hands up, "Oh...yeah. SecurityCubes give off an alert signal when destroyed and not unlocked...heh heh...", Freep was sweating bullets as he put his hands behind his head, "Look now...I don't want to fight you dude. Just came to relay a message."

The Navi slowly put away his MegaBuster as the legendary MegaMan still kept his aim on Freep, "Drop your weapon, then."

"How do I know you won't shoot me?"

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"Because I'm here to tell you about an assassination attempt, on Lan and on you."

MegaMan let out a slight gasp as he put away his weapon, "You're...serious?"

"The Shield never lies.", Freep said turning around, "Can I put my hands down now? I'm cramping up."

"Oh! Yeah, of course.", Freep let out a sigh of relief as he placed his hands back down.

"You know who Lan and I are, however...who are you?", MegaMan said, slightly confused as he circled around Freep, "You don't look like a Navi built for combat."

Freep shook his head, "I wasn't originally. I was made after my operators love of music, but when I joined Shield, I was given a few tweaks so I could fight better.", Freep then showed his guitar to MegaMan, "A weapon in a pretty package."

"What does it do? Also, what is Shield?", MegaMan said curiously as he looked at the guitar.

"That's a story for another day. As for Shield, we're a peacekeeping force, unaffiliated so we aren't ONB. Just NetBattelrs who work...'outside the box'.", Freep said while observing Lan's Homepage.

"I...see. So where is this attempt supposed to take place? I should get Lan on this one and-", MegaMan was stopped by a very large green navi in extremly thick spiked armor with a large cannon on his back and a gargantuan shotgun in his arms, "I would advise against that. It's two in the morning, we should handle this discreetly. A public display will only push this organization futher."

MegaMan jumped back from the Navi who appeared out of nowhere, "And who are YOU!?", MegaMan said. He looked back as Freep who was laughing, "Oh, that's Krach. What are you doing here? How did you get here so quickly?"

"The Boss thought you may need reinforcements, so he sent me to look after your cottontailed butt. As for how I got here quickly, a Diver code.", he cocked his shotgun and looked down at MegaMan, "I believe the assassin's Navi will shut down the security system first off. Once that's finished, the assassin is free to infiltrate the facility and do his job."

Freep looked at Krach and nodded, "Sounds like a plan!"

MegaMan interjected, "Only the security system can't be accessed through the net, it's an independant server."

Krach then let out a laugh, "MegaMan, we're here to help you. Observe...Freep! Hack it!"

"HACKING IT!", Freep straps flew off his body, "DIVER CODE...PASSAGE!", the straps thrusted into open air as they tore a hole in the landscape, "That'll get us into the security system!"

MegaMan facefaulted as he looked at Freep, "What was that!?"

"Um...call it...a makeshift door...?", Freep said, letting out a nervous laugh. Krach looked down at MegaMan, "He created a rip in cyberspace leading to another point in cyberspace, in this case, it's your home security system. Don't worry it will close once we eliminate your problem, then the ONB will be able to do its job once more."

MegaMan looked at Krach then nodded as the three of them walked inot the rip the Freep made as the tear then sealed itself up.

* * * *

In the silent town of ACDC, the moon was full as Rabarta was floating in the air. He gazed down upon the Hikari home as a malevolent smirk went across his face. He just had to wait for RuneMan to deactivate the secrity system. After that, it would be a simple tragedy in the quiet town of ACDC...

* * END CHAPTER 3 * *

Krach : Hey, I'm doing the intro this time! Next chapter, Freep, Megaman and myself go after the enigmatic RuneMan!

MegaMan : What the...? Why aren't are attacks hurting him?

Freep : We have to stop him! If we don't Lan and his family is done for!

Krach : Next time on shield Saga : 'Bloodmoon Revealed!'

MegaMan : Let's do this!

* * * *