Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ A New War for Independence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a crappy computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 1
-A New War for Independance-


-U.C. 0089.09.01-
Axis Asteroid Fortress near Side 4


A figure walks down the darkened halls of the former Neo Zeon base. However a light was at the end of this hall, sounds of people talking became more evident as he continued his calm pace. The figure entered the room, it was a meeting hall. Men in black and gold military uniforms sat before the figure as he walked in and took his seat at the head of the table. On the walls of the hall is the symbol of Zeon, yet with a background of stars and a lorrel leaf pattern on the left and right sides.
"General, everything has gone accourding to plan, Anaheim Electronics at Von Braun has surrendered all of it's facilities to our military force, also the completion of the mass produced mobile suits is at 90%, we should be at full effiencey by the end of the mounth." An older man sitting the figures left continued his report. "We also have begun Project Shadow, by the end of this year the weapon should be completed and ready for Xenol's use." The man closed his folder and waited for the General to speak.
"Very good gentlemen..." said the General.
"General Galven, we are ready to begin the live broadcast." said another man in a military uniform. Galven stood up, his face breaking form the shadows of the hall, he was young, his face unscathed by war, and his eyes showed he had talent in battle. Galven dismissed the officers and entered another room directly off from the meeting hall. In the room was the Zeon flag and a stand with Galven's speech. "Were on in 5...4...3..." the young man mouthed 2 and 1 and gave the go ahead for Galven to begin.
"People of the Earth Sphere...I am Galven Zelnor...the savior of Zeon...I come to you today, not as an enemy of the Federation, yet as an idealist. I wish for peace, not war, all we ask is that the Colonies become independant from the Earth Sphere and its governing body, the Earth Federation." The speech continued into details of his idealistic plans of independance and the avoidance of a unecessary conflict. However the idea of a revival of Zeon was far from accepted by Earth Federation officials. "All I ask is a chance to prove that with Space and Earth seperated that a glorious revolution will begin! Come people of space and people of Earth, let us join under peace!" The speech ended with the symbol of Zeon appearing on the screen.
"Wonderful job Galven." said a Zeon officer.
"Galven Zelnor...you do know this will fall in the vast majority of unpopularity of many Colonies?" a young woman, around 15, dressed in a navy blue and silver Zeon military uniform came into the room and took a seat.
"Ah, its been sometime Ashe, yes I do know of this and I have a solution." Galven smiled wickedly. "Come Ashe, let us watch the revolution begin...and please tell me more about your new project..." Galven with Ashe by his side, walked out the door and into a hall. This hall was in the front of Axis and a line of windows was before them, both could see Side 4's Colony 2 and 3 in the distance. "All the Colonists need is a little persuasion...and they will be putty in my hands." Ashe looked perplexed at Galven, however he turned her head towards the two colonies. Ashe watched as Colony 2 and 3 lit up and then exploded, the shockwave rocked Axis slightly, only enough for Ashe and Galven to feel it.
"So this is your plan...blame the explosion on the Earth Federation, making the colonists believe they have been betrayed..." Ashe smiled. "Your a genious Galven."
"Yes I am..." Galven laughed and turned down the hall, Ashe followed behind. "And now the gears of war have begun to turn..."

-U.C. 0089.09.02-
Laisha, Tibet. Earth Federation Headquarters.

Men in blue and white uniforms watched the video again of Colony 2 and 3 of Side 4 exploding. The video ended a third time, and yet the room remained silent. A man in a business style suit took a seat at the head of the table and looked around at the men sitting in the room.
"As you can see...this recent attack on the colonies is a tactic of Zeon." said the man. "And I hate to report, it has worked well. Side's 4,5 and 6 have declared independance from Earth Sphere and have joined the growing New Principality of Zeon...I also have to report that this new Principality over threw the former Republic of Zeon, killing the man we placed in charge of Side 6...I am afraid the rebirth of Zeon has been completed and war is unavoidable." There was an uneasy silence in the room as the man in the business suit glanced around the room.
"Chancellor...if I may..." a man dressed in Federation military attire sat across from the Chancellor.
"Yes Commander Johnson, what do you have in mind?" asked the Chancellor.
"I would like to lead this campaign against Zeon." Johnson opened his eyes and looked at the Chancellor. Johnson was 29 years old and was a commander of a unit within the Earth Federation known as the Midnight Cosmos. "I could have my army mobilized..."
"Absolutley not!" yelled another general to the left of the Chancellor. There was talking amungst the other men in the room as Johnson remained silent.
"Johnson...you have my full permission to use whatever is needed to bring down this revived Zeon..." the Chancellor stood up and the general to his left was about to protest when the Chancellor snapped. "Keep silent! As we have known from the past encounters with Zeon, they do not plan a unified peace! They will do what it takes to rid Earth of the populace...they have already made a formal declaration of war early today, and as we have witnessed during the One Year War, Zeon has the ability to mobilize massive forces within days of its beginnings! My decision is final general...we are at war, question my authority again and I will have you court marshalled!" The general slumped down in his seat as the Chancellor stormed out of the room. The room quickly emptied after the Chancellor left, however Johnson stayed in the room alone. He laughed to himself as he took out his cell phone and placed a call.
"Hello this Commander Johnson..." Johnson was silent for a moment. "Yes...yes...I want him back into my unit ASAP...yes I know of the former sentence and yes the court trial...yes I told you, bring Kenneth to Laisha Space Port within the hour...tell him a battle waits his call and he will not refuse." Johnson closed his cell phone and walked out of the room with a smile on his face, a war was about to begin, he had never felt so alive in such a long time.
An hour later at Laisha Space Port, Kenneth arrived. He stepped out of the taxi and only grabbed his military uniform. Kenneth was a former ace pilot of the Midnight Cosmos, that was until he failed to follow orders and attacked a decoy Zeon stronghold which was filled with civilians from Side 2's Colony 5. He was court marshalled and sentenced to prison. However Johnson holds much power in the courts, and after all Johnson was the one who tried and convicted Kenneth of his war crime.
"Haven't changed a bit." said Johnson from behind as the taxi drove away.
"Neither have you..." said Kenneth glumly. "Still sucking up to your higher ups? Or did you finally grow some..."
"Not now Kenneth...we have more important issues than what I tried you for." said Johnson, scowl growing across his face. Johnson showed Kenneth a few photos of a massive Zeon Army building up at Side's 4,5 and 6. A smile came across Kenneth's face when he saw the possible officers in this army. One was Ashe Cenna, she was the tactician that placed the decoy Zeon base and caused Kenneth much grief during his last year in jail.
"So...Commander...you need my skills?" asked Kenneth, he already knew the answer, he just wanted to see Johnson finally admit he needed help for once. Johnson smirked, he knew Kenneth's trickery.
"No, I need you to train the new recruits." Johnson smiled and walked by Kenneth as his jaw dropped. "Either you come with me or return to your cell...the choice is yours." Kenneth clentched his fists, Johnson won this round, and he followed the commander to the shuttle. Once inside both remained silent as the shuttle rose into space. "Space...an empty void..."
"For now..." said Kenneth breaking his own silence. "Soon to be filled with those bodies of Zeon soldiers..." Johnson nodded more in hope than in agreement, Johnson knew that Zeon would use any tactic to defeat their opponent. He just hoped that Zeon would obey the rules of war and not use harsh tactics to win the war. The shuttle began its approach vector, using some verniers to slow itself down. Kenneth looked out one of the portholes and saw what they were docking with. It was a new state of the art battleship, its long, covered in white and blue paint with the Midnight Cosmos symbol painted on its left and right side. On the back was a Mobile Suit docking bay, the front had two more docking bays for fighters and shuttles, on the top were two long ramps used to launch mobile suits and fighters. This ship was armed with two large ion cannons on the left and right, also four smaller turrets at the bow and stern. The bridge was centered at the top like most ships, however this ship also included the new Battle Bridge which was located in the heart of ship, making it harder for mobile suits to destroy the ships or immobilize them. This battleship was a monster in its self, something the Earth Federation hasn't used since White Base during the One Year War. "Your newly commisioned ship?" Kenneth asked while looking over the hull as they passed by into a docking bay.
"Yes, it's designed after the Argama and White Base, we named it Alexander..." Johnson went quiet again as the shuttle docked, after the docking procedure was complete Johnson and Kenneth exited the shuttle. Inside was something Kenneth has never seen. Two-hundred Core Fighters were docked already, and there had to be at least four-hundred people working in the docking area, making this ship highly efficient to dock and launch.
"Welcome Commander Johnson to the Alexander..." said a young woman, Kenneth immediatly recognized her.
"Laura?" Kenneth's eyes about popped out of his head.
"Yes, I am Johnson's assistant." answered Laura handing Johnson a folder holding information on newly commsioned Mobile Suits. "We have already recieved our first mission and of course he has arrived as well...Callum Orlen...the NewType soldier that transferred from California Base." Johnson nodded along as Laura continued her reports. Kenneth however hated NewTypes, he believed they were the cause of so much death in the previous wars, using their special talents to kill others. It all seemed wrong to him, unfair to other soldiers.
"Captain Kenneth!" yelled Johnson trying to get Kenneth's attention again. "Your to go to the Mobile Suit Bay with Laura and begin training Callum with the new Gundam...it seems we are short handed as well...and you will be piloting a Gundam during battles...looks like you got your wish, I need your talents after all." Johnson kept his emotionless face on the entire time, letting no chance for Kenneth to say something smart. Kenneth sighed, he didn't want to train a NewType for Mobile Suit combat. However he didn't want to be in a cell either, so he complied to his orders and left with Laura to the Mobile Suit Bay.

Axis Asteroid Fortress in Side 6 Space

The large fortress finally made its way back into Side 6 Space and stopped near the ruins of A Baoa Qu, a former Principality fortress during the One Year War. Galven watched his Zeon fleet approach from Side 6 and a smile formed across his pale face. All was going accourding to plan, he had gained unrivaled support from almost all the Colonies, his Mobile Suit Force was nearly completed and Project Shadow was under way.
"Sir...fleet preperations are nearly complete." reported a young cadet. Galven remained silent for a moment.
"Indeed...thank you...and Hail Zeon." Galven turned and saluted the cadet as he left the room. "Finally my new battle will begin and with the support of the Colonies and the largest Zeon Army ever mobilized...I will be victorious and the Earth Sphere will feel the wraith of Zeon..."