Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ The Threat of Zeon ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 3
-The Threat of Zeon-


-U.C. 0089.09.21-
Astaroth Fleet-Space-


Galven sat in his chair in the observation deck high atop the bridge. Before was his intended target: Earth. Over half of his fleet had already landed on Earth and overtaken numerous facilities important to the Earth Federation. His plan to cripple the Earth Federation was working perfectly, all he needed to do know was attack a few important bases and the Earth Federation would have no choice but to surrender, but before that he had to deal with a rather big problem. Three of the most powerful bases were hidden in various areas throughout the Earth Sphere. There was a beeping sound coming from the table and Galven looked up, pushing a button on the keyboard and Ashe’s face appeared on the screen.
"Report." commanded Galven.
"Sir, it seems the Alexander is headed towards a base...we have taken a few pictures of the surrounding area, " Ashe's face was then replaced by aerial photos of a forest.
At first there seemed to be nothing, but as the camera began to magnify the image a familiar shape began to appear, one of a cross. It looked like it was a massive airfield and that’s when a smile broke across the general’s face.
"It seems your former comrade has done well in leading us to this base," Galven laughed.
He knew that mentioning Kenneth would bring up sour feelings within Ashe. Ashe face soon reappeared on screen and as expected; her facial feature showed that she was bothered by Galven’s mention of Kenneth.
"So tell me Ashe, what is the name of this place?" Galven said.
"This is known as Kiev Base or simply code named Air Base: Cross,” Ashe said sternly, "Galven, this is one of the three main bases used by the Earth Federation. It is well guarded and the fortifications on the hillside would make a sky attack suicide. We need someone to infiltrate the base and destroy the power supply to the fortifications.”
“What do you suggest,” Galven said as he raised an eyebrow.
“What about our spy?" Ashe said.
"No, such an action would most certainly blow her cover, and for the moment, her skills are still required," Galven closed as he closed his eye's to think when they suddenly shot open with renewed vigor, "Ashe just how bad do you want revenge?”
“It’s the constant thought that keeps me going sir,” Ashe said.
“In that case, I'm leaving this entire task to the Black Luna Team, we will send reinforcements once your assault has begun. May the glory of Zeon be spread through you! Hail Zeon!" Galven said triumphantly.
"Hail Zeon!" Ashe saluted before ending her transmission.
Galven sat back in his chair, he knew Ashe was a capable pilot and this was her biggest test, would she be able to kill Kenneth in combat? He laughed at his just how devious his mind was; it always amused him when he was able to manipulate others for his own advantage. Galven reached forward and pushed a button on his console.
"Captain...return to home base...it's time we finish Project Shadow."
The soldier on the screen saluted and went off to do his work. After the screen went blank again, Galven was alone once again to his deviations. He glanced out side and saw Earth before him; he reached out to make it seem his hand was around the Earth and then closed his hand into a fist around it.
"Soon this all will be mine...and nothing can stop me..."

-U.C. 0089.9.30-
Air Base Cross: Kiev, Russia

A young man watched the skies above the base, his eyes scanning every cloud, every inch of the wondrous blue sky. He was around the age of 18, his hair spiky, short, and brown. He wore his Federation uniform in a sloppy mess, the shirt untucked and the jacket unbuttoned. He sighed; they had spent the last nineteen days searching for a particular object in the skies and had yet to find it. He and the others soldiers of Cross has nearly given up hope.
"Ensign Hito!" yelled a gruff voice from behind; it was Hito's father, Commander Lee, "Son, we have picked up there transmission of the Alexander, they will be here momentarily."
"It’s about time..." said Hito glancing back at the sky.
He yearned for a fight, and although he was stationed at Cross, he wasn't getting him anywhere near the fighting. He was hoping that his transfer to the Alexander and Midnight Cosmos would get him the action he so desperately desired. He had heard they are one of the highest ranked units in the Federation.
"So what does Chancellor Onfel think about Commander Johnson staying with the Midnight Cosmos?" Hito asked.
"He was already prepared for that decision,” Commander Lee responded,” so when Johnson arrives, I have orders for him to follow, they are supposed to join up with Alpha Fleet and engage the enemy at Von Braun Lunar City."
Commander Lee stopped and took out his cell phone.
"Yes, yes...of course...have our sensors have picked up on the Alexander? That's good, ten minutes?" Commander lee said as he ended the call.
Lee was puzzled and looked out the window toward the sky when suddenly the Alexander came out of no where. The state of the art battle ship cut through the clouds, as the sun shone on the ship, it was clear that the Alexander still retained most of its gleam, except for the obvious battle damage on the bow. Within minutes of its sighting, the Alexander landed and Commander Lee and Ensign Hito ran to meet with Commander Johnson.
"For heaven’s sake Hito, button your shirt!" Lee ordered his son to straighten himself out before he met Johnson, "This is an elite unit, it is important that you look your best!"
Hito grumbled and complied, just as the boarding ramp dropped down, both could see and hear the steam being released. Lee and Hito stood at attention as three figures emerged from the hull of the massive ship wearing civilian clothes.
“What are civies doing on board,” Hito whispered to Lee.
“I believe that is Johnson,” Lee responded.
Johnson walked down the ramp, however he wasn't in uniform, neither was Callum and Kenneth.
"Ah, Commander Lee," Johnson saluted and then held out his hand to Lee.
The opposing commander hesitated and then took Johnson's hand and shook it and asked in a slightly aggravated tone, "May I ask why you’re not in uniform?"
"What the hell do you expect us to do in space in that damn hell hole?" Kenneth spat, "It’s uncomfortable as hell and you want to make it worse by forcing us to wear tight uniforms?"
Lee was taken back by the Captain's mannerism, he was about to say something back to the Captain when Johnson stepped up.
"Captain Kenneth is my responsibility; you have no authority with the condition of my unit." Johnson kept a stern look in his face.
He kept it until he saw Lee was defeated in the argument, a small smirk crossed his face.
"Good, now where is the recruit? Ah there he is," Johnson said as he walked over toward Hito and examined the cadet then said, "Kenneth, he's under your jurisdiction as of today, do what you will to get this mess straightened out!"
Kenneth smirked and cracked his knuckled while looking at Hito, which made the young Ensign swallow hard.
"Callum, you go with Captain Kenneth for the remainder of the day to aide him with Ensign Hito, me and Commander Lee have some work to get to,” Johnson added before leaving.
Soon the two Commander's were gone into the main building of Cross. HIto turned and looked at Kenneth and Callum.
"So what do you have planned?" asked Hito.
"First you will address me as Captain Kenneth, sir," said Kenneth with a devilish smile, "As for training...a few laps around the base will do."
Hito looked at the base and then sighed, but didn't bother to argue and got to work. Callum started to laugh at Hito as the Ensign took off.
"And what are you laughing at?” Kenneth said as he shot a dirty look toward Callum.
“Sir,” Callum asked.
“Get out there!" Kenneth snapped.
Callum shook his head and complied and began to run. Kenneth stood there and watched the two run, however he felt like he was being watched. He turned around to see a woman dressed in Federation attire with long black hair, but when he turned to look at her, she quickly hid her face and walked away back into the main building. Kenneth thought nothing more of it and joined the cadets in the run.
“If I catch up to the two of you I will personally kick your asses,” Kenneth snapped.
***
Night came quickly and the training led by Kenneth ended in time for the cadets to eat their supper and head to bed. Kenneth couldn't sleep, that black haired girl was on his mind, she seemed so familiar, but he couldn't but his finger on it. He continued to walk around the base, until his eye caught some strange movement out of the corner of his eye. The figure seemed to be running from shadow to shadow trying to avoid detection; however Kenneth could see the figure well enough and quietly began to pursue the figure. After chasing the figure through most of the base the figure stopped and stepped into the light. Kenneth saw that it was the woman with the long black hair, and as soon as he saw her face, his jaw nearly dropped to the ground.
"Ashe?!" a voice yelled out.
Ashe turned to see a figure step out into the light and her face became contorted with shock and disbelief when she saw it was Kenneth.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Kenneth asked.
"What does it look like," Ashe said as she stepped back as Kenneth started approach, "I'm working on freeing the colonies!"
"Sure, kill a few million people and liberate the colonies." responded Kenneth as he grabbed her wrist, "That's why we never saw eye to eye..."
Kenneth was about to grab her other arm when she punched him in the face freeing her other hand and then she kicked him in the jaw. Kenneth stumbled back, surprised by the sudden move by Ashe. She quickly got into a fighting stance, when Kenneth saw this he simply sighed.
"Still using martial arts I see..." Kenneth said as wiped the blood from his jaw and punched her in her jaw and while she was still dazed, head butted her.
"You just head butted me?" Ashe grabbed her head in pain.
“Hurt’s doesn’t it,” Kenneth said.
She then went to punch Kenneth, yet he caught her fist and pulled it behind her back. She yelped in pain as he pulled back on her arm.
“Give it up,” Kenneth said,” I got y…”
She used her other free hand and punched Kenneth in the stomach, causing him to let go of her other arm.
"Yeah, that’s right! Kneel before me!" Ashe smiled as Kenneth doubled over in pain.
"Bitch..." Kenneth stood back up and caught his breath.
"What did you just call me?" Ashe looked at Kenneth in slight disbelief.
Yet this was what he wanted, she let down her guard and he lunged at her grabbing both of her arms and pushing her against the wall of one of the facilities. She grunted as her back slammed into the concrete wall. She opened her eyes waiting for him to hit her, yet she saw that he was just staring at her.
“W…what,” she said.
"You know you always had beautiful eyes..." Kenneth just stared into her eyes.
Ashe looked away sighing and then she tried fighting back but she couldn't find the strength to. Kenneth knew he had won and he leaned in. Ashe turned her head back and was caught off guard as Kenneth kissed her, she however didn't fight back. The moment lasted a minute and when he pulled away he let go of her, leaving her standing there in a daze.
"You’re not going to turn me in?" asked Ashe blushing slightly.
Kenneth shook his head no and turned away from her," Just go."
Kenneth stood there; he was slightly surprised when he was embraced from behind. He turned and embraced her back. War was what tore these two apart, their views on the colonies and the atrocities of Zeon. Galven manipulated Ashe into joining Zeon while the first Neo Zeon movement was still in effect, and this alone tore them apart.
"I never intended for that to happen to you during that battle two years ago," whispered Ashe, "If things were different...if only this war never happened...if only..."
Ashe stopped as she felt some tears come to her eyes; fortunately Kenneth gently wiped them away.
"Promise me that you will survive this war," said Kenneth looking seriously into her eyes.
"I will...you promise me the same," said Ashe looking back at Kenneth.
He nodded and they kissed one more time before they let each other go.
"Meet me tomorrow night...right here," Ashe said.
“Of course,” Kenneth said.
Ashe blew Kenneth a kiss before vanishing into the shadows.
Kenneth sighed then said to himself,” I must be crazy.”
She left the young captain alone to himself; unknown to Kenneth, Johnson was not too far away hiding in the shadows where he watched everything that transpired.
"He's going to be the death of me," Johnson thought with a light chuckle.
He remembered his little fling with a Zeon officer, so he knew what Kenneth was going through. He decided he wouldn't bring it up to anyone other than Kenneth himself. Johnson returned to bed, but unknown to him or anyone else an idea was already being formulated against them...the destruction of Air Base Cross!