Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ Traitorous Intentions ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 5
-Traitorous Intentions-


-U.C. 0089.10.08-
Axis Space Fortress in Side 6 Space


Galven stood on an elevated platform deep within Axis. He smiled to himself as citizens of Side 6 came into the large auditorium. The all began to take their seats one by one.
"Little puppets of mine," Galven said with a light chuckle, "It's time put on a show."
Galven walked out into the lights of the elevated platform and the crowd erupted into cheers and began chanting ”Hail Zeon” over and over. Galven waved to his people as he slowly approached the podium, he absorbed the crowd’s cheers and loved every moment of the spotlight. It was like he was the ringmaster of this fantastic circus called life, and it was time to start the show.
"Citizens of Side 6, your oppression has gone on for far too long,” Galven said triumphantly,” As of today, I swear to you all that I will dedicate all my efforts to liberation of the Space Colonies and the reconstruction of damage Side's."
Galven's eyes scanned the room and smiled as he saw the excitement in their eyes. The room suddenly erupted in thunderous applause and cheers as they all began to chant, “Savior of Space!” “The Prophet of the Colonies!” Galven brought both of his hands up to quiet down the colonists.
"Listen to me, learn from me, fight along side me against the treacherous Earth Federation and we will put an end to this war, together,” Galven shouted confidently as the people cheered again he smiled and then said,” but first...let me show you something."
Galven snapped his fingers and suddenly Zeon officers dressed in Federation attire started to march onto the elevated platform, each with their weapons commissioned that would be used by soldiers in the military. There was loud murmuring from the spectators, but they all fell silent as Galven took the microphone in hand.
"My people of space, in order to completely join the glorious ranks of Zeon, show me your anger, show me your protests! Let the Earth Federation and the vile dogs in which rule hear your cries of anguish!"
Galven knew that all was needed to ignite the fire was a simple spark and he had now placed the match in the hands of the commoners. He stepped back into the shadows of the auditorium and pressed a button on small controller activating a camera. The people in the auditorium began to rant and rave, as though it was a colony in protest.
“Dance my little puppets,” Galven thought with a smile,” Dance for your master!”
"Vile dogs of the Earth Federation!" yelled a commoner.
"You killed our families and friends!" yelled another.
Soon the place went into an uproar and the crowd became unstable, and made themselves seem dangerous to the fake Federation soldiers. Suddenly there was a single echoing blast; the colonists all fell silent and watched as one of the colonists fell to the ground. Right after the body fell, the single shell casing hit the ground echoing loud enough for everyone to hear, and then came the screams. The soldiers suddenly unleashed a barrage of bullet that tore through the screaming people. The echoing gunfire came to a halt as the last colonist collapsed to the ground. Despite the floor being saturated with blood and littered with bodies, some of the colonists were still twitching and as if to seem even crueler, the soldiers marched over the corpses and unleashed another wave of bullets into the few survivors. Galven turned the camera off and stepped back into the light and smiled.
"Get someone to clean up this mess," Galven said with a wicked laugh.
“Right away sir,” one of the soldiers said with a salute.
Galven began to look over at the footage and smiled as he thought, "With this I have assured the fall of the Federation and the glorious rise of my empire!"
***
Alexander, over the Dead Sea

Callum wondered the halls of the Alexander late at night. He began to contemplate what had transpired in the past few days, the battles he had faced and the many trials and tribulations. He admired how some people could go on with their lives despite the war as though it was nothing but at the same time, it also greatly disturbed him. He found it difficult to understand how some people could go on living normally after killing so many people. As he thought this, Ashe’s face flashed through his mind, even she was willing to kill Kenneth at one point, despite the feelings she had for him. Fortunately, the Battle of Cross put an end to that desire. War and all its extremes destroyed her willpower and she became nothing more than a victim, a person whose soul had been tortured and twisted by the very lies that she was told and forced to believe.
“Poor Ashe,” Callum thought,” well at least she has Captain to help her.”
Suddenly he heard what he thought was someone talking, he looked around and saw a door slightly ajar, he didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but his curious nature overtook him. He silently crept toward the door and began to listen carefully to the conversation.
"We are currently headed over the Dead Sea towards Tibet" said a female voice from within a room.
“Who is that,” Callum thought,” and who is she talking to?”
"Yes, once we are about half way over the Dead Sea I will sabotage the ship and Gundam's as planned...yes General Galven," the voice said.
“General Galven,” Callum though as he moved closer to get a better listen.
He accidentally nudged the door open, it creaked open loudly.
“Shit,” Callum thought.
The figure in the room turned off the monitor and pulled up a black hood over their face and turned toward the door with pistol in hand.
"Come out…now!” The female snapped.
Callum had no choice but to comply, he slowly stepped in the room with his hands raised.
"You’re not going to get away with this," Callum said in an attempt to sound brave, however the black clothed spy could tell he was afraid and began to laugh.
"You’re too late to stop me! I’ve already gotten away with more than you think, and I’m not about to let some kid stop me" the figure laughed as she ran forward and then leapt over Callum, landing behind him.
Callum was about to turn when he felt the figure press the barrel of the gun up against his head.
"You know you NewTypes are more predictable than normal people," she wickedly.
“Just get it over with,” Callum said angrily; angry at himself for falling into this predicament, he then closed his eyes waiting for the end.
The female figure pulled back on the trigger and Callum could hear the barrel clicking into place and the chamber being loaded with the bullet. There was a loud click, which made Callum flinch, but there was no bang. Callum opened his eyes as the beads of sweat dripped down the side of his face. He turned and saw that the figure was gone and he let out a heavy sigh of relief.
"Where did that spy go?!" Callum said.
He stepped out of the room and saw a figure walking down the hall.
“Gotcha,” Callum thought.
Callum darted down the hall as fast as he could go, once he was in range he leapt at the figure and tackled the person the figure to the ground. The bright lights of the hall popped on with a click as the two fell to the ground.
“Got ya, you dirty son of a …” Callum started when he turned to figure over and saw that he had tackled the wrong person,” C…C…Commander Johnson?!”
Johnson began drumming his fingertips along the floor and with a sigh said, "Callum…just what in the hell do you think you’re doing?"
“Sorry sir,” Callum said.
“I don’t suppose you would mind getting off me, would you,” Johnson said.
Callum quickly got off the commander and he stood up and straightened his uniform and turned toward Callum and said,” You need to watch were you’re going. Now, why are you in such a rush, did you see a ghost?"
"We have a spy on board...this spy is planning on sabotaging the entire ship while we are over the Dead Sea," Callum yelled with urgency.
He was hoping the spy was near by and could hear him revealing the spy's plans, but that was just wishful thinking.
“Now Callum,” Johnson said sternly,” Are you absolutely sure of this…there can be no room for error!”
“I’m sure sir,” Callum said,” No doubt about it.”
"If you what you say is true, then we are in trouble. Quickly, wake Kenneth, Ashe, and Hito, have them meet me in the bridge. Also find Laura as well," Johnson gave his list of commands and the left post haste to the bridge.
Callum darted off into the direction of ships quarters and began to pain staking action of getting Kenneth, Ashe, and Hito up.
***
Thirty minutes later all four officers of the Alexander arrived at the bridge, on the bridge was Laura and Johnson, already discussing the situation. Johnson turned and looked at the officers and chuckled lightly at their faces, all had bags under their eyes, especially Kenneth and Ashe.
"Captain Kenneth, I trust you remember the regulations about females sleeping in male’s quarters and vice versa. So in the future…keep your “Extracurricular Activities” to a minimum,” said Johnson in a jokingly manner.
"Johnson, this better be really important," Kenneth looked at Callum and then back at Johnson, "Or you'll be needing a new Lieutenant."
Ashe nodded in agreement, however Hito was more or less in his own world. Hito was already starting to snore while asleep on his feet when Kenneth elbowed him sharply in his sides bringing the Ensign back to the current situation.
“I’m up! I’m up!’ Hito said.
“What’s the situation,” Kenneth asked in an annoyed manner.
"There has been a report of a spy amongst our crew of the Alexander...however I am afraid there is no real proof, yet we cannot rule out the possibility of this spy and his or her activities…”
“Female sir,” Callum spoke up,” The spy was definitely female.”
Eyes suddenly fell on Ashe who looked and around and then said,” Don’t look at me, I was with Kenneth.”
With a cough, Kenneth added,” uh yes…I can vouch for that.”
“Regardless, I must warn you all to be on high alert while on and off your shifts, both on and off the Alexander, there is a high possibility they are trying to get to Laisha, and you know if the spy could find out anything about the Federation's space operation, it would be ruined." Johnson said with a sigh.
He knew there was a spy on board, but at the same time he refused to believe that one of his crew could be a traitor. He still had his doubts of Ashe, but he trusted Kenneth when he spoke up on her behalf.
"Normally I would have you go back to bed, but due to the urgency of the situation, I need all of you on standby. I will be posting a guard near the Gundam's and other high importance zones on the Alexander. That is all."
Johnson turned away, obviously in deep thought. The others decided to leave and not bother Johnson.
“Laura, pull up the roster,” Johnson said,” I want to know the location of every female crew member for the past forty-five minutes.”
“Yes sir,” Laura said.
As the others left one by one, Laura looked around anxiously. Her heart was racing, and she had to act quickly.
“You’ll have to excuse me sir, I have the roster in my room,” Laura said.
“very good,” Johnson said.
***
The young girl darted down the hall as quickly as possible; she tried to avoid the high traffic areas as so not to seem suspicious. However one person caught her running through the halls of the ship, and it was Callum. He thought that the spy and Laura sounded the same; it was undeniable in that area, and maybe even in the shape of their body. He silently perused her, by the way she was acting Callum could tell that was in a nervous state. Being a NewType, he could feel her brain waves and heart beat, it was erratic, even terrifying at times. She stopped momentarily and looked around to make sure no one was nearby, when she felt the area was secure, she entered her room. Callum slowly snuck toward to door and peered inside, he was determined not to make the same mistake again. Callum watched as she pushed a few buttons on a nearby computer console and a hidden door opened, inside there were a Zeon uniform and a gun. Callum couldn’t see quite well and was about avert his eyes when she began to undress but suddenly his eyes were now as wide as saucer plates when he saw the half naked Laura getting into a Zeon uniform.
"She…she...she's with Zeon!" said Callum as he moved away from the door.
He looked around the corner and saw her enter the hidden entry way, he followed as quickly as possible hoping he could stop her before she did anything drastic. He still couldn't believe that Laura was apart of Zeon, never in his wildest dreams had he imagined this. The girl he secretly had crush on was nothing more than a Zeon officer, in his mind he refused to believe it was true. Unfortunately, he would have to face the facts, when he emerged from the tunnel into the Mobile Suit hangar.
"It can’t be,” Callum said then looked around and saw Laura and shouted,” Laura wait!"
Laura stopped dead in her tracks, in her mind she was cursing.
"Looks like you finally found the spy everyone has been talking about,” Laura said with her back to Callum, she then turned to face him and he saw that her face cold and emotionless.
"Laura!" yelled Kenneth.
Callum and Laura Kenneth and the others rushing toward the hanger, but just before they could enter she shot the control console forcing the doors to seal shut.
“What the hell,” Hito shouted.
“She hit the damn console,” Kenneth said as he began to bang on the door,” Stop this Laura!"
He continued bang on the door, but it wouldn’t budge. Laura smiled wickedly as she heard her brother continue to plea.
“What now,” Ashe said.
“Kenneth thought for a moment then said,” Control room, there a window to the hanger!”
***
"Please, don't do this!" said Callum, begging to no end.
Yet his plea was met with something unexpected, a loud bang went off and Callum felt a sharp pain in his abdomen and looked down, a red river of blood began to leak out. He gritted his teeth as he collapsed to his knees and tried to stop the blood from flowing. He looked back up at Laura and saw her gun, the barrel still smoking, but something was different, her facial expression had changed from emotionless to some tears.
"Laura...." Callum said before collapsing to the ground unconscious.
Kenneth and the others reached the control room and began banging on the window, Laura turned toward them an smiled.
“Laura,” Kenneth shouted.
“Captain,” Hito said,” It’s Callum.”
Kenneth looked down and saw Callum lying on the ground surrounded by a small pool of blood.
“Callum,” Kenneth said in shock.
“What is she doing,” Ashe said.
Kenneth and the others watched as she set a strange device by Zeta Gundam and Gundam sentinel. She then rushed over toward one of the core landers with a small pen-like object in her hand with a bright red button on the top. Laura looked back at her brother and smiled as she pressed the trigger.
“Laura no,” Kenneth shouted.
Kenneth, Hito, and Ashe watched as the Zeta Gundam's left leg was blown apart and the Gundam Sentinel's right arm and shoulder canon were destroyed.
“The Gundams,” Hito said.
They all heard a loud boom; they looked down and saw Laura begin to activate the core lander. Laura glanced back at Kenneth and smiled wickedly before she ran closed the cockpit, just then the engines began roar with life and the landing gear slowly came up. Soon the small fighter was out the hangar and gone from sight. Inside the Core Fighter she slammed her fists into the console, some tears escaping from her eyes.
"DAMN IT!" cursed Laura to herself as the Core Fighter began to enter the upper atmosphere, "I am a Zeon warrior! I am a NewType...I...I...damn it!”
Laura couldn't get Kenneth or Callum off of her mind. She betrayed her brother and she betrayed someone she secretly loved. But that was in the past now, she was now a full fledged officer of Zeon, a warrior to liberate the people of Space.
She wiped the tears away and smiled wickedly saying,” Just wait brother, we will meet again, and when we do I will destroy you!”