Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ No Dream, No Hope ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 6
-No Dream, No Hope-

-U.C. 0089.10.10-
Alexander, near Laisha, Tibet


"Sir, our inspection of the ship is complete," A young Federation officer reported to Johnson.
Johnson however seemed to be preoccupied with something else. One of his best officers was down from a wound delivered by his own assistant, someone he had the utmost trust in, and he had told her almost everything.
"Sir?" The young officer asked.
"Oh, yes, go on with your report," Johnson said.
As the officer continued to talk, Johnson simply slumped down into his chair. He really did not want to continue with this conversation, mostly because he was still in shock over the whole mess.
"There is severe damage to the Aircraft and Mobile Suit Hangar, but we have already begun repair work. The real problem is the damage done to the Gundams, with the damage received at Cross Base and the damage inflicted by the spy, both Sentinel and Zeta cannot be fixed until we reach Laisha. It would be well advised to have the Federation government send us a team that can repair Mobile Suits and the Gundam's."
"It would be well advised if you didn't advise the commander." said Kenneth as he entered the bridge.
“Excuse me sir,” The young officer said as he saluted and then quickly left the bridge.
Kenneth looked over at Johnson, seeing the commander slumped in his chair.
"You know that’s not good for your posture," Kenneth said with a light smile.
He hoped his comment would relieve some of the tension resting on Johnson’s shoulders.
Johnson scoffed and said,” You would know.”
“Just a suggestion,” Kenneth said.
Johnson smiled as he nodded his head and slowly sat up in the chair, his eyes focused to the set of windows in front of the bridge, scanning the area that lay before them.
"How is Callum doing?" asked Johnson not moving his eyes from the windows before him.
"He will be fine, the medical staff said that Callum would make a full recovery and be back in action within the week." Kenneth said with a smile then frowned and said, "And before you ask, I’m not exactly sure how to describe how I feel at the moment. I mean we were betrayed by my only sister, the last of my family."
Johnson remained silent; he had more his mind than just the betrayal. Kenneth saw that he was really distressed, it was more than Laura.
“What’s wrong Johnson,” Kenneth said.
"Command received footage of Zeon officer's posing as Federation soldiers. The scene was made to look like a colony was rallying to the Zeon cause and to stop the violent crowd, they fired into them....killing every last colonist," Johnson said as he clenched his fists, "The Earth Federation has lost the backing of the colonies and some say the Earth Parliament is going to start peace talks with the New Principality of Zeon, giving it and the colonies complete autonomy. As of right now, the Federation is on its own in the fight against Zeon. I am afraid that everything we have fought against, what we have fought to control is now gone. Zeon has won one part of their battle, only one part remains and at the rate they are destroying Federation Fleets and Bases, the Federation will fade away until it is nothing more than a memory."
Kenneth sighed and said,” If that’s the good news, then what’s the bad news?”
Johnson stepped up from his chair and stepped close to Kenneth's side, "As of today the Midnight Cosmos is on its own...Federation Forces can no longer support us, after the repairs are done to the Gundam's and the Alexander, we must plan our own counter strike. I know the situation is dire and hopeless, but as a friend, I’m asking you to stay on with us."
All this news was rather disturbing to Kenneth, things really were as bad as they seemed. Zeon would stop at nothing to get what they want, the Earth Parliament has become nothing but cowards, even the Earth Federation, Earth's last defense, was starting to crumble. Johnson was right, Zeon had won in more than one way, but as long as there are organizations like the Midnight Cosmos, there will still be hope.
"There’s no need to ask Johnson, I’m with you until the very end," answered Kenneth confidently, "I imagine everyone will stay, no one wants to see their homes destroyed or their families killed."
"That’s what I wanted to hear,” Johnson said with a smile,” now we must prepare for our arrival at Laisha, once we have arrived, we will get what is needed and then we are on our way.”
“Where to,” Kenneth asked.
“I only know that where we go is where we will defeat Zeon,” Johnson said.
Johnson walked away and out of the bridge to report all his findings to the other officers and crew members. Kenneth stared at the ceiling for a moment before coming back to the real world.
"Laura...please be okay," Kenneth whispered to himself and walked off the bridge.
***
Astaroth Fleet, location unknown

Laura walked down the halls of the flagship towards the meeting room. She had just received word that the Earth Parliament and Earth Federation were arguing amongst themselves over the situation. She smiled to herself as she walked down the metal halls, she knew that Earth was now divided, and soon it would be conquered. As she walked farther down, she could hear the voice Galven talking to the other members of the New Principality of Zeon and of course the top officers and pilots. Laura walked in and took a seat near one of the Generals working at Von Braun.
"As you have heard, Earth is now split, and it is high time to take this initiative," Galven said," Our current plan is to attack Laisha, Tibet. This is the Federation's HQ and where the Parliament is currently staying, the purpose of this mission is to attack the weakened Federation and taking the Parliament by force, and placing our own puppet Parliament in its place until all the sectors of Earth are under our control."
Galven looked around the room at his cast, nothing more than tools for him and his goals. Galven took a seat and allowed another General to talk about other plans.
"Currently our forces are strong and plentiful. We have the advantage of numbers and skilled pilots, making us more than a match for the crippled Federation," The general said.
He then looked around to see if his subject was here and once he spotted the young officer, he smiled and then pushed a button on a small console in front of his chair and a screen came down with a display of a new Zeon Mobile Suit.
"This is our newest model, Gundam Siren, this is a female mobile suit that is too be used by our NewType, Laura Baxley. She will be using this new weapon in the upcoming battle. As some of you may already know, Gundam Siren is another part of Project Shadow, which also includes our NewType weapon called Psyco Gundam Mark 2. Yes this is the same design used by Rosamia Badam during the reign of the Titans, however this one is 100% complete and ready for full close range and long range combat. Our Cyber NewType will be piloting this monster and is training with it at Von Braun as we speak, and if I may so, he is a true demon."
Laura smiled deviously at the schematics of the new Gundam for Zeon, she knew that with this mobile suit and her NewType skills she could easily beat Kenneth and finally show him that he could no longer control her.
The meeting adjourned an hour later with all the generals splitting up and heading back to their ships and soon their posts. Laura, however, stayed behind and met with Galven to discuss the up coming invasion.
"You wanted to speak with me sir?" asked Laura as she took a seat closer to the leader of Zeon.
"Yes Laura...you know this next battle will be a test of your allegiance to Zeon and your loyalty to me," said Galven with sternness in his voice.
"What must I do?" asked Laura.
Galven turned to her and looked her right in the eyes, his own showing hatred, coldness and anger.
"Your comfortable with us being responsible with your parent’s death?" asked Galven with a wicked smile.
"Yes" Laura said with an emotionless face.
"Are you willing to destroy Kenneth, your last blood relative?" Galven asked with a raised eyebrow.
Laura paused for a moment then smiled and said,” Yes sir!”
"And you do understand that if you betray us, we will hunt you down to the end of space itself, and when we find you, we will torture you until you beg for death’s sweet release,” Galven asked.
"Yes Sir!" Lara said.
"Good," Galven said then turned back away from Laura, a wicked smile crossed his face, "You will accompany me to the battlefield and I will then see if you’re as good as you claim. If not...well there is no place for failure in Zeon. In short, you fail...you die."
Laura nodded and followed the leader of Zeon out into the ship, preparing for the strike on Laisha.
***
-U.C. 0089.10.11-
Laisha, Tibet. One day after Alexander arrived.

The workers worked quickly on the Alexander through the night, it took all of them to repair a majority of the ship. The Gundams were repaired as quickly as possible and in addition to that, the ship was now carrying extra parts, ammunition and mechanics incase of damage to this ship or mobile suits. Commander Johnson was looking at his ship as the repairs are being completed. As he waits, Ashe and Kenneth come to Johnson with a folder.
"Hey Johnson!" yelled Kenneth startling the Commander.
“What’s up,” Johnson said as he turned to face them
“Here,” Kenneth said as he handed Johnson the folder and then said, "The Federation is adding one last unit to our outfit, it is called Gundam Eres. A female MS that is equipped with Funnels, I high out-put beam rifle and saber, also an optional I-Field, yet they didn't give that to us."
Johnson looked over the schematics. The design did remind him of a woman, very smooth and curvy lines, nothing boxy like most Gundams.
"And I guess that Ashe will be its pilot?" asked Johnson closing the folder.
"Yes I will be piloting this Gundam into battle," answered Ashe
This decision didn't sit well with Kenneth, but he couldn’t changer her mind now. The three of them discussed possible plans of the future of the Midnight Cosmos. Hito had come into the large hangar where the Alexander was being kept to tell the Commander it was time for them to leave.
"Comman..." Hito started but was cut short as sirens started to blare.
"What the hell?" Kenneth shouted.
Everyone ran outside of the base, the sky was already ablaze as the city below, the main base, was already on fire. Johnson and Kenneth looked towards the skies for any signs of cruisers, yet there was nothing.
"Kenneth, Hito, Ashe...get in your Gundams now!" ordered Johnson.
The three pilots nodded and ran for there Gundams. Johnson couldn't see the enemy, but he knew they were here and more were coming. He began to walk back to the Alexander when he heard a high pitched whistling sound, he quickly turned around and horror struck his soul. The sky above Laisha was covered by Drop pods and cruisers.
"Damn it! Seems like Zeon is going to hit us with everything they got. And here at the HQ of all places!!" Johnson said as he clenched his fists.
Several drop pods landed near by the hangar and opened up to reveal a new unit he had never seen before. This was more of a GM design, yet it held to rocket pods on either side along with a Heat Blade and an Ion Rifle. From another pod came a larger MS decked out with weapons, two large machine guns were firmly planted in its waist, also it seemed to have a large shield on its left shoulder for protection against close range attacks. This new unit also carried a grenade launcher on one shoulder and a missile launcher on the other. Johnson quickly rushed inside, and as he did three Gundam's emerged from the hangar, Gundam Enforcer, Eres and Zeta Mark 2.
"Alright! Ashe, Hito follow my lead! We need to get these Zeon scum back away from the main hangar so the Alexander can launch and take out those cruisers!" Kenneth's commands rang through there other pilots helmets.
"Got it," said Ashe.
"Yes sir!" added Hito.
He primed his main gun and fired at an approaching Hizack, blowing a hole into the torso. Hito then full throttled the Zeta Mk2 firing into the group of Grunts, he then drove his beam saber into a ShockTroopers torso and destroyed it. Ashe in the Gundam Eres flew around in venrier mode, launching its special weapon: Funnels. Ashe found her targets, a group of Gaplant's attacking a group of outclassed GM's. The small cannons flew around in a circular pattern before stopping and firing into the group, the lasers caused the Gaplant's to scatter, and in doing so Ashe flew in and went back into normal mode, revealing her beam saber. She flew in a great speeds and sliced through all the enemy MS. She landed gently on the other side and put her saber away, as she did so all the Gaplant's exploded into a massive fireball.
“Quite an impressive Mobile Suit,” Ashe said.
“Wow…she good,” Kenneth thought as he saw the explosions.
He on the other hand had yet to encounter anything on his side of the battlefield, yet he kept getting this feeling deep inside that something was coming.
"Kenneth, Hito and I have cleared and secured this sector,” Ashe reported,” Also, the Alexander has taken off to engage the enemy cruisers."
"Good to…"
Before Kenneth could finish his sentence, the warnings alarms suddenly went off, in response he dodged to the right and a purple laser went flying by.
"What the hell was that?!" Kenneth's said.
Gundam Enforcer turned around and Kenneth saw another female mobile suit slowly descending. He sighed because he immediately knew who it was.
"Laura," Kenneth said.
His warnings alarms went off again as another MS approached to the left of Laura's Gundam. The MS emerged, and Kenneth knew what it was. It was a black and red version of the Qubeley, a infamous MS used by Haman Kahrn, and exceptionally deadly.
"Captain Kenneth of the Midnight Cosmos...it is an honor to meet and soon defeat you," said Galven as the Funnels from his MS come around to the front, "Laura, why don’t you show him the power of the Gundam Siren!"
The female MS began running forward with the saber already drawn. Kenneth had no choice but to defend himself, he used his saber to counter his sister’s attacks. The new enemy Gundam suddenly used it's thrusters to pull back and fired off its rifle, the blast barely missing Kenneth's Gundam. Kenneth didn't get a second to rest as he saw Funnel's coming straight at him, he quickly activated the venrier mode and took to the skies.
“Lost them,” Kenneth said then as he looked down saw that they were following him," Shit! How the hell…"
Kenneth's warnings went off, he looked up but it was too late for him to react as Siren approached and punch Enforcer's head, cracking the visor. Gundam Enforcer flew backwards straight into the series of blast let off from the Funnels. It seemed to be over, nothing but smoke and fire existed where Enforcer once was. Laura smiled when she saw the smoke, but suddenly her smile began to fade as her eyes began to tear up.
"Kenneth...I’m so sorry," said Laura to herself, hoping that Galven didn't have his headset on at the time.
She wiped the tears away as her Gundam slowly started flying and when suddenly the warning signals going off. She saw a series of blast fly up at her and quickly dodged to the side, her gundam floated in the sky looking down at the fire below. From the smoke and flames came Enforcer, the shield on his back took the entire force blow but now was completely destroyed.
"So...you’re still alive...FOR NOW!" Laura said.
“Damn it,” Kenneth said as the video feed was slightly garbled,” That blow to head damaged the video feed.”
He then looked up and saw the two mobile suits floating over head, the video feed was slightly covered with static, but he could still see well enough.
“Sorry about that sis,” Kenneth thought with a sigh,” but I can’t afford to be defeated here…not now.”
“Here I come dear brother,” Laura shouted as she dove downward.
Galven smiled the whole time, what a fun spectacle to watch as siblings fought amongst one another and this battle would prove to be quite entertaining.