Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ Retaliation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 7
-Retaliation-


-U.C. 0089.10.11-
Battle of Laisha


The two forces of Zeon and the Earth Federation clashed in this climatic battle. The most powerful battleships took the sky alongside the Alexander to fight off the invading Astaroth Fleet. Mighty cannons blasted beams of bright energy lighting up the sky, as the bombs exploded all around the ships, this igniting what could be one of the greatest battles ever seen. The Midnight Cosmos flagship, Alexander, led the ragtag Federation fleet into the battle. Johnson looked from the bridge and saw the chaos among the fleet, and knew that he had to take initiative.
"Listen Up,” Johnson said,” To all ships! I want all Salamis Kai's to my left and the Magellans to my right, all other flagship class battleships behind the Alexander, lets drive these Zeon's from our world!"
The ships slowly began to take up their formation by the Alexander and once everything was ready, they would lead off with a giant simultaneous attack.
"On my mark, fire missiles and follow through with a barrage of beam cannons,” Johnson said as the cold sweat ran down his brow, he had to time it just right,” FIRE!"
The entire fleet let off their terrific display of Federation firepower into the opposing Astaroth Fleet, which had no time to dodge the oncoming attack. A number of Musai Class Cruiser's were immediately destroyed in the attacks, the burning debris slowly began to travel downward onto the already burning city.
"Sir, we have Hizack's in bound!" yelled a female officer.
"Get Hito up here now! We need some sort of MS defense against these mobile suits!" Johnson snapped then looked over to a male officer, "Order all available GM pilots to prepare for launch! We need them out there immediately!"
"Yes sir!" the officer saluted before running off to accomplish his task.
Johnson returned his gaze back to the screens before him and saw just how grave the situation was, there was only one course of action left open to him.
"Prepare to activate the Battle Bridge, we are going into that fleet even if it costs us this ship!" Johnson shouted.
No one hesitated under Johnson's orders and they quickly exited the main bridge. Johnson followed behind as the last of his personnel went out. He took one last look at the main bridge and ran to meet up with the others in the Battle Bridge.
***
The fierce confrontation between Galven, Laura, and Kenneth continued to gain momentum as the two Zeon ace's attacked in organized patterns. Moving at quick speeds in which it was hard for Kenneth to detect with his own eyes. He had to depend mostly on the Gundam's warnings since the display screen was slightly garbled from the damage Gundam Enforcer received from Laura.
"Laura! Stop this now!" yelled Kenneth, but it seemed that his plea's went unnoticed.
His sister was slowly becoming an emotional puppet soldier of Galven. Siren and Enforcer clashed in close combat as the Qubeley launched a barrage of laser from the funnels.
"Damn it!" Kenneth said pulled back on the throttle forcing him to disengage his sister.
"Kenneth!" a familiar voice rang through his helmet.
Kenneth turned and when the image started to clear, he saw it was Ashe. Within seconds, Gundam Eres showed up, her weapons primed and ready for combat.
"Ah so another victim...wait...that’s...that bitch!" yelled Galven realizing that the new arrival was none other than Ashe, "I could sense your fighting spirit a mile away! Come! Let me show you what happens to those who betray Zeon!"
Galven quickly went in, with thrusters on full. Ashe didn't have time to counter with her own saber; she was forced to pull back, but saw that she was being pursued by the madman.
"Ashe!" Kenneth went after Ashe, but his sister blocked his path.
"Oh no you don’t dear brother! Let Galven deal with the traitor, stay put so I can kill you!" Laura said as she flew in with saber drawn.
Kenneth parried all of her attacks with his saber and soon the two were dueling in the skies. The thrusters flared as Laura went after Kenneth again, yet her attempts would be in vain as a single beam flew through and broke up their battle.
"Captain, you go and help Ashe," a familiar voice shouted.
“Callum,” Kenneth said slightly surprised.
Kenneth saw Gundam Sentinel flying toward them at great speed.
"Me and Laura have score to settle," Callum said sternly.
Kenneth seemed reluctant at first, but somehow he knew Callum's intentions were true.
"Got it...good luck Liuetenant!" Kenneth said as he gave one last look towards Laura's MS and proceeded off into the direction in which Galven went off to fight Ashe.
Laura growled angrily, she missed her chance at revenge and freedom. Clenching her fists she banged on the console in front of her then looked down at the approaching Gundam Sentinel.
"Damn you Callum, how dare you interfere with my fight! You will pay!" Laura said as she activated the sturm boosters on her MS and began her 'kamikazee' attack on Callum.
***
The battle in skies continued to be as fierce as the battle on the ground. The Alexander headed straight into the enemy fleet, breaking the tight defense of the Zeon forces. Hito had done well in his mission as well, he managed to keep every single Hizack and Gaplant off of the Federation ships.
"Ensign Hito,” Johnson shouted,” this is the Alexander, we are preparing a boarding party, protect the boarding vessel!"
Johnson had just finished equipping his Commander's Pistol and under armor, then looked towards the troops in his unit and saw they were ready.
"Ready?” Johnson said and saw his troops nod,” Follow me to the fall of Zeon and our victory!"
Johnson and the soldiers ran into the small shuttle equipped with only laser turret for defense. As the shuttle pulled out of the front docking bay, the crew was rocked from side to side from the small explosions of nearby missiles. Soon the Zeta Mark 2 was near by shooting down oncoming missiles, MS, and enemy fighters.
"Head for that red ship there, its one of the Zeon capital ships. Once inside we head for the bridge, fight to the end, and do not give up," Johnson shouted to his men.
The small boarding ship was accompanied by four others, and soon they were next to the hull of the massive capital ship. The long cylindrical object came from the left side of the boarding ship and drilled into the hull of the Zeon ship. Johnson stationed a few men at the entrance that would soon be made. Everyone tensed up as they all heard the loud sound of metal popping, there was no telling whether there would men on the other side waiting to cut them down, and suddenly there was the loud clang as the metal hit the ground. The troops quickly disembarked and began to search the area for enemies, but saw nothing. They then signaled it was clear and Johnson and the rest of his unit moved in. Once inside, Johnson ordered half his unit to secure the southern half of the ship. Johnson turned to command the boarding ship to leave, when he suddenly heard sound of screaming and then saw the entire ship was engulfed in a ball of fire. The Federation soldiers fell to the ground and covered their eyes as the smoke began to flood the corridor.
"Shit!" Johnson cursed.
Slowly the soldiers began to stand as the smoke and flames cleared. Johnson slowly began to push himself up and gritted his teeth. He felt sharp pains in his arm and face, and as he reached up he could feel bits of shrapnel sticking out as well as blood starting to flow down.
"Commander are you okay?” one of soldiers said.
"Just dandy" Johnson said gritting his teeth as he slowly began to pulled out the chunks of metal from his sore flesh.
Johnson ripped a sleeve off his uniform and used it to cover his face, he would worry about the wounds to his arm later.
"Okay, move out!" Johnson snapped.
He wasn't sure just how well Zeon's soldiers fought on the ground, but judging by the MS battles, it would seem that they were just as skilled on foot. This would prove to be interesting.
***
Ashe was busy dodging the scattering beam cannon on the Qubeley.
“Can’t believe I’m able to avoid his attacks,” Ashe thought with a smile then came to a halt,” Looks like he’s not as good as I heard, guess I’ll just have to find out for myself”
"I won’t run anymore," said Ashe priming her beam rifle.
She fired off a shot that seemed to be dead on target, but the Qubeley suddenly shot up, dodging her attack.
"What the hell?" Ashe said with wide eyes.
"Well since you decided to stop running, then I guess it’s time I stop playing!" Galven said with a wicked smile.
He suddenly launched his Funnel's off towards Ashe. She tried to dodge the multiple beams, but this proved to be too difficult. All the beams plastered the torso of the Gundam Eres causing multiple warnings to go off and her console to spark and short out. Ashe cursed over and over again, that feeling of being defeated finally sunk in.
“He was only toying with me,” Ashe said as she clenched her fists, this was nothing but a game to him.”
"And now...you die!" Galven shouted.
The Qubeley charged up its beam weapon and prepared to fire when suddenly Galven felt something coming and quickly strafed to the right, dodging an incoming beam blast.
“What the hell,” Galven snapped as he turned.
"Ashe!" Kenneth's shouted as Gundam came flying over at full speed, still firing off rounds from his energy chain gun.
"Damn you" cursed Galven as he was faced his new opponent," Well it seems the lover's will finally be able to die together...how sweet."
"Not unless you die first!" Kenneth snapped as he forward charged at Galven.
The two clashed sabers in mid air, and it seemed the force of the two opponents was equal as they pushed against each other.
“Time to die,” Galven said.
"I made a promise to Ashe to survive, and I will be damned if I let you kill her!” Kenneth said as hot tears ran down his face,” The one who will die…is YOU!"
Kenneth used the other hand of the Gundam to punch the head of the Qubeley, causing the machine to let go of its beam saber. Kenneth then fired off a large volley of his chain energy gun; he continued to fire until his weapon overheated and smoke began to travel upward. There was some intense silence as they waited to see if the Qubeley survived. Something small and round shot out of the smoke and into the sky; it appeared to be and escape pod from the MS. Kenneth finally let go of his breath, they finally defeated Galven, but there was still one person standing in their way...Laura. Both Gundam's powered up their thruster’s and went back towards the battle that Callum was fighting.
***
Callum and Laura fired off a set of rockets at each other, there was a giant explosion in midair. Through smoke and flame the two clashed again in close range combat.
"Laura, I don't understand what you hold against Kenneth...why did you betray us?" Callum asked as he shielded himself from her barrage of beam rifle blasts.
"It's none of your business!" yelled Laura, "Don’t interfere in my affairs!"
She drew both sabers and flew forward, preparing to do what it took to take out her enemy.
"So...does it matter that I love you?" Callum's said.
His MS simply floated in midair and remained motionless. Laura heard what Callum said and tried to fight back her feelings as she drew closer to her target. She had an objective, it was on her screen, yet it became blurry and she stopped her attack, her sabers were just inches from Sentinel’s neck and cockpit.
"You...love me?" Laura said.
She couldn't even really see the screen anymore. Her eyes looked like pools, as they filled with tears. She waited to hear him say it again, but the arrival of Ashe and Kenneth prevented that. She quickly pulled back when Ashe fired off her weapon.
"Stay back Laura!" Ashe shouted as she powered up her rifle again.
Laura was confused, and in emotional pain, she was torn between killing her brother, gaining her freedom and love. Unable to decide what to do and it was clear she couldn't take on three Gundam’s; she flew off in the direction of the Zeon Flagship. As she flew away her heart skipped, she was in love, but she also had great hatred inside there as well, in order for the pain to stop, she needed to kill her brother.
“Once Kenneth is gone…then we can be together Callum,” Laura thought as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
***
“Laura,” Callum said softly.
"Are you alright Callum?" asked Kenneth.
"Yeah…I'm fine" said Callum then thought to himself, " Yeah I just confessed my love to girl who was about to kill me..."
After that thought he chuckled lightly, it seemed he was in the same boat as Kenneth and Ashe. As the three floated in empty air, a familiar voice came through on their headsets.
"This is Ensign Hito of the Midnight Cosmos...Zeon is retreating...I repeat Zeon is retreating."
The message ended and a burden seemed to be lifted from the shoulders of the three pilots.
"So this battle is over?" asked Ashe.
"Yeah...but not the war," responded Kenneth as the three Gundam's flew off back towards the Alexander.

-U.C. 0089.10.13-
Laisha, Tibet-2 days after battle

Inside the makeshift HQ sat more men in blue and white uniforms. At the head was a man wearing a metal retaining mask over the left side of his face, his eye showing underneath and his left hand was covered by a white glove.
"Thanks to the efforts of the Midnight Cosmos, we have successfully driven off the invasion led by Zeon commander, Galven Zelnor...yet this was just the turning point in this war," spoke the man with a metal mask.
"Yes, but Johnson, what of the other Zeon rebels scattered throughout the Earth Sphere?" asked a Federation general.
The man in the mask was Commander Johnson, the injuries he received due to the explosion aren't healing correctly and he hides his deformed face behind a mask now. Despite this, he still has gained much respect from others.
"From the reports I have received early this morning, the Zeon forces have left Earth, abandoning every base they have held...it seems they are reinforcing themselves at Von Braun...which is what I called this meeting about," Johnson scanned the room, his mask was getting looks from a few of the newer generals, "Me and a few tacticians believe that with your backing we can launch a successful counter attack on Von Braun, we will be using the captured capital ship which can carry a massive amount of mobile suits, which can triple our MS Forces."
"So you’re asking permission from us to organize a large operation against the highly defended base of Von Braun? What would happen if we won?" asked another general sitting at the end opposite of Johnson.
"They would lose any and all MS facilities, thus ending their seemingly endless supply of forces," Kenneth said as he walked into the meeting to back up Johnson's plan, "Also this would give the Federation a chance to replenish any and all losses due to MS combat...giving us a numerical advantage."
The room went silent for a moment, then a few of the head general talked amongst themselves.
"Commander Johnson...what do you propose we call this operation?" asked the general with a smile.
"Operation OverKill" responded Johnson, his smile partially hidden by his mask.
"Consider it done Commander...begin preparations at once," the final command was given by the Grand General and the men in the meeting departed.
Johnson and Kenneth stood in the room for a while longer, soaking in the news they have just received.
Johnson nudged Kenneth in the side and said, "Maybe it’s high time you got a promotion....after all I am becoming a general. So what do you say, Commander?"
"I accept...General," added Kenneth with a smile. "So, this battle is wrapping up soon right?"
Kenneth followed Johnson out into the massive base in which the makeshift HQ was stationed at. Hundreds of Salamis and Magellan Class ships were being repaired and restocked; other places were filled with pilots training themselves for the next battle.
"Maybe...but you never know what could happen, war is a surprise in it self...one moment you’re winning and the next…” Johnson trailed off as he touched the mask on his face then said,” Well you get the point, we definitely don't want the 'next' to happen."
Johnson stopped at the Alexander, which has been repainted to the Midnight Cosmos colors of black, red and silver. There was another mobile suit being loaded into the back, a MS that had been remodeled, rebuilt, and hopefully would be used in the upcoming battle.
"What is this new weapon?" asked Kenneth in curiosity.
"It's a little project I have been working on since the last war we participated in," Johnson kept his mouth shut about the rest of the details of his project.
Soon Johnson and Kenneth boarded the Alexander, inside waiting for them was Hito, Callum, and Ashe, all dressed in their uniforms.
"Welcome back commander," said Hito.
All three saluted and both Kenneth and Johnson saluted back.
"Well actually I am General Johnson now; your commander now is Kenneth," Johnson said with a smile.
Johnson stepped off to the side and watched the three crowded around Kenneth. All seemed to in joy over the promotion that Kenneth got, he smiled as Hito and Callum continued to elbow Kenneth in the sides while Ashe threw her arms around his neck, but the smile soon faded and turned into a frown.
"Enjoy it while you can my friends...I’m not sure if anyone will survive this next battle," Johnson thought to himself.