Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Blood Chronicles ❯ Life after Death ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I dont own Gundam...if I did, would I be sitting here in a small house typing on a computer? Didn't think so. However all characters in this story are of my own creation, however thanks to INK for his creative talents: Enforcer, Sentinel, Siren, Shocktrooper, and Grunt are his and must have his permission to use. Thank you for your time and patience, please enjoy the story.


GUNDAM
Blood Chronicles

By: Death Emperor Daeron


CHAPTER 10
-Life after Death-


It's October 21, 0089 of the Universal Century and the war with the New Principality of Zeon has come to a close. With the death of General Galven Zelnor, all hostilities of Zeon have ceased for the time being. The horrors of war would not soon be forgotten; the weapons Zeon used caused heavy casualties and the deaths of fine officers. The Astaroth Fleet has been disbanded and the remnants of Zeon forgotten as though they were never there.
However, war is ever present...no one will forget the Attack on Cross...Assault on Laish...Battle of Von Braun...the Tragedy at 8th Luna...and the Horrific Battle of Side 6...these battles prove that war only causes pain and never truly accomplishes anything. The ideals of Zeon may have been good in their initial intent, but those who use the lives of civilians as weapons are not Saviors, but Harbingers of Death and Destruction. After the battle of Side 6 with the Astaroth Fleet, the files regarding the former Gundam's: Eres, Siren, Sentinel, Blaze, Zeta Mark 2, and Enforcer have been destroyed. All records of the Midnight Cosmos locked away, and the Midnight Cosmos itself was disbanded. The Earth Federation made it seem as though this war never happened...but the marks left behind by Galven will never be forgotten...

Laisha, Tibet 2 week after the Battle of Side 6

Ashe stands alone outside the base, her mind going over the last few months. There are times where she still cries, but there are also times where she smiles as she remembers all her joyous memories.
"Kenneth...you know...I miss you so much," she said to herself as she rubbed her hand over her belly and laughed, "You would have made a great father."
"WHAT?! I'm going to be an Aunt?" Laura shouted.
Ashe nearly jumped out her skin and turned around with a smile on her face when she saw Laura.
“Eavesdropping huh,” Ashe said with a smirk.
“Sorry about that,” Laura said with a smile.
"Yes...I found out today that I am three weeks pregnant," Ashe said with a smile as rubbed her belly once again.
"So it's Kenneth's?" asked Laura.
"Of course it is!” Ashe shouted.
“Sorry…I was just asking,” Laura said as she raised her hands in defense.
”Don't be ridiculous...even when we were apart I never dated anyone else. Your brother was my first love and my last..." Ashe frowned a bit but then smiled and said, "I still don’t have a name for him."
"I'm sure you will find a suitable name for your son," Laura said.
Both Laura and Ashe remained silent for sometime while they stared up at the sky. A couple of ships flew over head, the sounds of trainee's in the background made the base alive.
"Did you hear?” Ashe asked Laura, “Hito has been promoted to Commander, supposedly he is going to start his own special unit."
"Yeah I did...me and Callum will join up with him after our break," Laura said as she handed Ashe a card, "It's where we are going."
Ashe looked at the card and smiled knowing where they were headed was the same place Kenneth took her on their first big date.
"Going to Paris Colony?” Ashe said,” Enjoy your self."
Ashe stared at the picture of Paris Colony and remembered everything that happened during that trip.
She then handed Laura the card back and said, "Has anyone heard about Johnson?"
Laura shook her head when Ashe asked about Johnson, her face obviously disappointed.
"No, it seems he really has just vanished,” Laura said,” he hasn’t been spotted in any colonies or even on Earth."
“I see,” Ashe said with a frown.
"I wouldn't worry too much,” Laura said with a smile,” I'm sure he will return someday and when he does all of us will be there to greet him. Anyways, I better be going, me and Callum need some sleep before we leave tomorrow, bye Ashe, see you soon."
Ashe waved to Laura as she walked away and she was once again alone.
She smiled as she once looked out over the sky and said to herself,” Kenneth, can you hear me? I’ve decided on what our child will be called…I’m going to call him…Kenny.”
***
Stationed on the moon was a small base, inside rebels were furiously moving about. Gathering and distributing information on the Federation, as commanded by their leader.
“I have the facts on that new base sir,” a young female soldier said.
“Excellent take it to him immediately,” another soldier responded.
The young female soldier did as she was told and quickly rushed toward the war room. Inside, their leader was strategizing with other military advisors when she suddenly entered.
“Commander Sir,” she said with a salute,” we have the information you required.”
“Excellent,” the commander said as he took the data sheet from the young soldier and looked it over,” This is exactly what we were looking for.”
“So are we ready to strike,” she asked eagerly.
The commander hesitated to respond as he ran his left hand over hhis metal mask then said,” Not yet…we have to gain more support before we even attempt to overthrow the corrupt Federation! You must have patience.”
“But I hunger for action now Commander Johnson,” she said with a smile.
“So do I,” Johnson said with a wicked smirk,” So do I.” Johnson peered out the window that faced towards the Earth, he brought up his hand slowly and seemed to close it around the Earth. "They will never know what hit them...the former hero of Federation..." Johnson straightened his new mask and continued to watch the Earth, his gaze never breaking from his future goal...

THE END

AUTHORS NOTES:
I would like to thank a few people for all the help and inspiration for this story.

INK: For all the help. He's been my Beta Reader, editor (more like my co-author, it should be By: Death Emperor Daeron and INK) Also the awesome concept drawings for the Gundams featured in this FanFic. Without his help, this story would have been rock bottom. Also inspired the character Kenneth

Dragon the Bard: Another reader of this Fic, he's been an inspiration through his fun loving self...and those god forsaken HUGS he keeps giving me online! Also inspired the character Callum

Kurai Kami: Another Beta reader who helped inspire the character Laura.

Thanks to them this story is what it is today...thank you again...