Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 11 reasons Kakashi never healed ❯ Reason #1 - Seeing Oneself ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11 REASONS GENERAL THEME - 11 reasons Kakashi never healed
CHARACTER - Hatake Kakashi
TITLE - Seeing oneself
RATING - PG
WARNINGS - Spoilers from the Kakashi Gaiden and beyond.
DISCLAIMERS - I don't own Kakashi or any of the Naruto characters. If I did Kakashi would be a stripper.
Table 1 - #1 eyes/sight
--
 
It seemed so simple at first. Just accept the gift. It was rude to deny a gift. But how was Kakashi supposed to know the long terms effects of what at the moment seemed like a great idea. Who was he to tell a dying boy, no a dying man, that it was a stupid idea.
 
Taking the gift was the least he could do.
 
So he took it.
 
There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't remember. He remembers the pain, and the way no one made a sound. He remembers seeing the world in a way he never knew possible for the first time. He was amazed at how easy it was to use. For a moment he thought to himself, “I am worthy of this.” He wanted to kill himself a moment later for thinking that.
 
The first couple weeks were hard. He broke every reflective surface in the house. Looking at himself was a constant reminder of who he had lost and how much he had lost. But as the years passed it became easier to look at himself. His eyes reflected who he was and why.
 
One side was himself. Follow the rules. Never stray from the mission. Be as strong as you can, then surpass it. This was him. This was his father. This was who he always wanted to be.
 
The other side was him. Do anything you can to protect your friends. Sacrifice no one to the mission. Don't be trash. This was not him. This was also his father. Which took him years to truly understand.
 
There are times he looks at his eyes and he wants to rip one out. The problem isn't that he can't do it. Oh no he has it in him to do it. The problem is he can't decide which eye to rip out.