Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 11 reasons Kakashi never healed ❯ Reason #2 - Hand Full of Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11 REASONS GENERAL THEME - 11 reasons Kakashi never healed
CHARACTER - Hatake Kakashi
TITLE - Seeing oneself
RATING - PG
WARNINGS - Spoilers from the Kakashi Gaiden and beyond.
DISCLAIMERS - I don't own Kakashi or any of the Naruto characters. If I did Kakashi would be a stripper.
Table 1 - #7 Arms/Hands/Fingers
 
--
 
The first time he used the Chidori in battle, he almost died had it not been for his sensei. The second time he used it, he was able to seek revenge for his friend.
 
Or so he thought.
 
Every single time he used the technique his fingers would tingle for hours. Kakashi would sit, stand or run, depending on the situation, and the memories would start to come to the surface. He would remember what the weather was like on that day. He would remember how little pain he was in. He would remember hearing the screams of his comrades. But mostly he would remember how his arm, hand and fingers felt.
 
They tingled, and vibrated and burned. Not from the immense power he was holding. No they tingled with revenge. Someone had to pay for what happened. Someone had to die. And someone did die that day at his hand. Yet as the years passed his hands never stopped tingling. When he asked Sasuke how his hand felt afterwards he was surprised.
 
“It goes numb, but as soon as I use the jutsu I feel fine.”
 
His hand would hurt for hours. It was then he began to realize. It was not revenge that made his hand tingle, or his arm hurt. It was not revenge that allowed him the ability to use his power this way. It was him. He was there, in his hand every single time. And Kakashi knew why.
 
Without his help the Chidori would not exist. If the Chidori did not exist, Obito wouldn't be cheering for Kakashi every time he used it.