Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 11 reasons Kakashi never healed ❯ Reason #3 - The Good Son ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11 REASONS GENERAL THEME - 11 reasons Kakashi never healed
CHARACTER - Hatake Kakashi
TITLE - The Good Son
RATING - G
WARNINGS - Spoilers from the Kakashi Gaiden and beyond.
DISCLAIMERS - I don't own Kakashi or any of the Naruto characters. If I did Kakashi would be a stripper.
 
Table 2 - 21. Rage/Anger
 
--
 
It took him years to really understand it all. He had to lose his friends, his sensei, his teammates, his sanity to really understand why his father did what he did. When he finally understood he was consumed with so much rage he killed every single enemy that crossed his path.
 
Afterward when he stood before the monument and reflected upon his newfound knowledge the anger returned. His father failed a mission to save his comrades. Comrades that eventually turned their back on his father. Comrades whose names are etched on the monument; unlike his father's name.
 
Kakashi suppressed the urge to Chidori his fathers name into the stone.
 
He had wasted years being angry at his father. His father was disgraced. His father made the fire country suffer a great lose. His father sacrificed everything to save his friends. His father was not trash. His father was a respected hero. A fallen hero. And Kakashi never knew it.
 
But now, as an adult he understands. There is a way to fulfill ones mission without being trash. But instead of defending his father, or following his fathers footsteps, he denounced him. Maybe if he had understood why his father did what he did so many years ago, all his friends would be alive. Maybe he wouldn't be known as the Copy Ninja.
 
Anger filled his again. He could have realized the truth as a child and grown up to be a well-respected ninja. Or he could have gone down the path he was on now and be known throughout the lands as someone to fear.
 
He wasn't angry because he felt he made the wrong decision. No, he was angry because he was selfish. He wanted people to know his name and fear him. Because without all the death in his life he wouldn't be who he was today. He was angry because if he could do it all over again, he would be mad at his father for disgracing Konoha.
 
He was angry because he wasn't a good son and he would never be.