Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 12 Days of Christmas ❯ Cookies ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Kakashi, if you touch that cookie, I'll be forced to take action.”
 
Kakashi frowned as he moved his hand away from the plate of holiday cookies. He didn't want to know what Iruka meant, but also didn't want to find out.
 
“I wasn't going to eat it, I was just going to taste it. Don't you want to know if they're any good?” The question earned Kakashi quite a glare from Iruka, who was mixing the ingredients for another batch of cookies. Kakashi said nothing further and sat on a stool behind the counter.
 
“You know Naruto has been working very hard with Jaraiya-sama; they're for him when he gets back.” Iruka sighed. It's been such a long time since he's seen the little hellion. “It's nice he'll be home for a Christmas break.” Kakashi eyed the cookies carefully, wondering if Iruka would notice if he very quickly took just one. “Kakashi. Don't even think about it.”
 
“How the hell did you know?!” Kakashi was stupefied. Iruka didn't have sharingan eyes, so how did he read his mind? Iruka turned, smugness spread all over his features.
 
“It's been two years, Kakashi, I know your antics quite well. I saw you staring at the cookies.” Iruka smirked at him and continued to stir.
 
Damn, he's good. Kakashi smiled.
 
“I knew there was a reason I fell for you! You're a genius of your own kind.” Kakashi continued to grin, and Iruka glanced at him.
 
“ I hope that's not the only reason.” Iruka said thoughtfully.
 
“No…you also make great cookies.” Kakashi said, wiping his mouth to rid himself of the cookie crumbs.
 
“Kakashi!!” Iruka yelped.
 
“I couldn't help it. You're a hopeless romantic, and far too easy to distract.” Kakashi pulled his mask back up and got up from the table. He knew he'd pay for this later, but it was worth it.