Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 12 Days of Christmas ❯ Family ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Oto-san
 
A fan fiction written for Reggie-san's 12 days of Christmas Challenge. Theme: Family.
 
--
 
Envious? I guess. Yes, Kakashi supposed that's how he felt when he watched Iruka tickle Naruto. Why doesn't he ever tickle me? Part of Kakashi's mind told him `You're not ticklish!'. Kakashi sighed. I could pretend, just as well as Naruto pretends he's ticklish! Kakashi eased up off of his chair and made his way towards the couch, where Iruka and Naruto sat.
 
“Isn't Sasuke-kun supposed to be here?” Iruka suddenly remembered.
 
“You know he'll be a little late! He caught lateness from Kakashi!” Naruto exclaimed, and they both laughed.
 
“Har har…very funny.” Kakashi remarked sarcastically, though plastered on his face was his famous one-eyed smile. Kakashi gasped as he felt a poke on his back. He turned and glowered at his former student, Sasuke. “You should know better than to sneak up on your elders!” Kakashi continued to glare at the man now in front of him. Sasuke had gotten so fast with movement over the years, Kakashi couldn't even sense his presence until it was too late. Too late to stop that poke that Kakashi had become so accustomed to. What was it with Sasuke and poking, anyway? Kakashi supposed he had picked that habit up from someone…
 
“Ah, now that Sasuke's here, why don't we all go eat?” Iruka suggested.
 
“Good idea.” Naruto was more than happy to lead them all to the dining room.
 
Kakashi looked at each one of the three people gathered around him. Naruto had already helped himself to second helpings of the Christmas dinner. Sasuke had also finished, but seemed to be satisfied.
 
“It's only been five minutes and you've both finished a plate?” It was really more of a statement, rather than a question from Iruka, but Naruto nodded anyway.
 
Finally, Kakashi looked at his year-long lover, Iruka. He had an exasperated and defeated look on his face, which quickly faded into a smile. Kakashi smiled as well. Ruki-koi could never stay made at Naruto.
 
“Could you hand me the bowl of mashed potatoes, please, oto-san?” Naruto asked Iruka, and Iruka obliged with a smile.
 
“How come you never call me oto-san, Sasuke-kun?” Kakashi sent Sasuke a look that was as close to a pout as he could get. Sasuke gave him an odd look that turned to a frown.
 
“Are you serious?” Sasuke asked, a slight hint of bewilderment clear in his voice. Kakashi sighed.
 
“No, I suppose I'm not.” He answered.
 
--
 
Iruka sighed, though a huge grin currently occupied his face as he leaned on Kakashi's shoulder as they sat on the couch.
 
“It's been a long day, getting everything ready, but it was worth it! Hmmm, I am glad to have you all to myself, now, though.” Naruto's asleep in our bed, and Sasuke seems to have disappeared…Iruka thought, snuggling closer to Kakashi. But something was off. “What is it, `Kashi-kun?” Kakashi didn't hesitate one bit.
 
“Why won't he call me father? He's already told me I'm like a second father to him, so why?!” Kakashi exclaimed. Iruka sighed, he should have known.
 
“You've lost it. Maybe it'd be too much for him right now to call you father all the time. He was so embarrassed when he said that to you, remember? I'm sure he'll come around eventually.” Iruka spoke in a calming tone, which make Kakashi go lax.
 
“But…okay.” Kakashi took a deep, cleansing breath before he took his mask off. He slowly leaned down to press his lips on those of his lovers…
 
“Am I interrupting?” Kakashi and Iruka looked behind them to see Sasuke grinning rather sheepishly.
 
“Um…no, Sasuke, did you need something?” Iruka was lying straight through his teeth and everyone in the room knew it.
 
“I just wanted to say goodnight. So, I'll see you tomorrow? Goodnight Iruka-san. Goodnight Oto-san.” Sasuke spoke the last part in a very quite voice, and before Kakashi could respond, he was gone in a puff of smoke.
 
“There, you see! He thinks of us as family…his average-sized-but-far-from-average-dysfunctional-family. Are you happy? Now where's that kiss?” Kakashi was beaming, and was more than happy to kiss his Ruki-koi.