Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 5 ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 5
Protector of Gaara
 
"Just stay out of the way," Yashamaru demanded as he attached a cloth mask to his hat.
"I won't," Samuno argued, stepping in his way. "I can't let you take away his future like that."
Yashamaru immediately socked her in the gut, effectively knocking her out. He rested her against the wall in a sitting position and took off to fulfill his mission.
A few minutes later, Samuno woke up again, quickly snapping out of it.
Oh no, Gaara, she thought as she got up and rushed out of the building.
She jumped up to the roof in bounds and made it just in time to pull out her blocking fan, open it, and block all of the kunai knives that were aimed at Gaara.
"Gaara!" she screamed as she leapt in the way and blocked them.
"Huh?" Gaara blinked as he turned around.
She managed to block all of the initial attack, however, Yashamaru had an entire collection just floating, waiting to be used. In order to get her out of the way, he attacked again, this time knocking the fan out of her hand and attempting to get her to dodge out of the way. The thought never entered her mind to dodge, even though she knew that the sand would protect Gaara. She simply covered her face with her arms and allowed the kunai's to fly. They stroke hard and dug deep.
"AHH!" she screamed out as Yashamaru forced the kunai's to knock her off the roof top, leaving Gaara to fend for himself.
By the time that Samuno managed to get back onto the roof, injuries and all, Gaara already knew Yashamaru's identity, and the fact that he had done what he had done voluntarily. Yashamaru opened his vest to reveal exploding tags and Gaara froze in shock.
"Gaara!" Samuno screamed as she ran across the roof and dove between him and Yashamaru, holding the child close to protect him.
The tags exploded and Gaara's sand shot up to protect Gaara and Samuno, since Samuno was attached to Gaara.
When the smoke from the explosion floated away, and the sand fell loose again, Samuno fainted from the loss of blood. When she woke up once again, she found Gaara standing next to her with a newly formed tattoo of the word 'Love' on his forehead above his left eye.
"Gaara, are you all right?" she asked, getting up to face him in the eye.
He looked truly hurt from the events, as if he could no longer trust anyone.
Tears formed in Samuno's eyes as she pulled him into her arms and held him tightly.
"I'm so sorry, Gaara, I couldn't stop him," she apologized as tears fell down her face, landing on his back. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me."
Gaara did not respond; he did not even try to force his way out of her arms, still shocked at her reaction.
"You found hope
you found faith
found how fast she could take it away
Found true love but
lost your heart
now you don't know who you are
She made it easy
made it free
made you hurt til you couldn't see
Sometimes it stops
sometimes it flows
but baby
that it how love goes
You will fly and
you will crawl
god knows even angels fall
no such think as you've lost it all
god knows even angels fall
It's a secret
that no one tells
one day it's heaven
one day it's hell
And it's no fairy tail
take it from me
that's the way it's supposed to be
You will fly and
you will crawl
god knows even angels fall
no such think as you've lost it all
god knows even angels fall
You laugh
you cry
no one knows why
but oh the thrill of it all
You're on the ride
you might as well
open your eyes
You will fly and
you will crawl
god knows even angels fall
no such think as you've lost it all
god knows even angels fall
Even angels fall
Even angels fall"
It was the only thing Samuno could think to do. Whenever she was crying when she was a baby her mother would sing to her and after her mother died Meloca would do the same thing any time Samuno was upset. Samuno had grown up under the influence that the best way to calm someone down or get your feeling out to the world was through song.
Shallow breathing hit Samuno's ears, and she realized that the young boy in her arms had fallen asleep. She smiled and moved over next to the wall, holding him in her arms softly, careful not to wake him up. Apparently something about this sleep was different because the Shukaku sealed within his body was not responding at all.
Samuno smiled as she looked at his face resting against her shoulder.
Go ahead and sleep, Gaara, she thought to herself. You've earned it. Dream it all away. Tonight was just one horrible nightmare. It's time for you to experience a pleasant dream.