Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Well, so far so good. The reviewers from mediaminer say they like this even though everyone is OOC and it is AU. Bare in mind I am new to Naruto and if something from any series doesn't fit I'll change it, I mean I have the war against Oz going for how long in Surrey Trouble? This chapter is pretty much just snapshots as time passes, showing various important events as they get to know each other.
 
Chapter 2
 
 
“Well, that was fun.” Itachi shot Kisame a glare.
 
“You nearly died and I had to carry you out of there. Exactly how does that count as fun?” Itachi sat back and surveyed his handiwork.
“You won't bleed to death anytime soon. Still, we should stay here for a few days to let you heal.”
 
“Sure you don't want to stay just so you're not too tired to meet up with Harry?” Kisame asked slyly.
 
“You're not too badly hurt for me not to hit you.”
 
“Face it Itachi, you like the kid.”
 
“He's only two years younger than me. Besides it's his birthday soon.”
 
“Not like you can get him anything.” Kisame shrugged and then winced slightly. Okay, maybe he had been a little careless against those hunters but it had been fun.
 
“So you don't think I'm crazy?”
 
“Itachi you've been crazy for years. Do I think you've gotten crazier? No. If anything you've been calmer since the dreams started. Are the dreams actually real? Who knows?” Itachi started at his friend in shock.
 
“Thanks, I think.”
 
“No problem, now get to sleep. Harry's probably worried.” Itachi threw a rock in Kisame's general direction since he didn't actually want to kill him.
 
-----------------------
“I'm going to try to teach you a jutsu tonight.” Harry sat up from where he'd been laying in the grass, trying to catch his breath after his usual workout.
 
“Really? Do you think it'll work?”
 
“You managed to find your chakra when awake so I don't see why not. I'm going to teach you henge. From what you've told me it seems to have the same basic results as your glamour magic. It will help you stay hidden once you leave home.”
 
“That's great! When do we start?”
 
“Now.”
 
--------------------------------
“I did it! No one suspected a thing. It was brilliant! Thank you so much!” Itachi froze as Harry threw his arms around him in an impulsive hug. Except for when he'd been tortured they had rarely touched outside of training. Itachi forced himself to relax and hugged Harry back. He knew that like him Harry had not received a lot of physical affection as a child so he couldn't push him away. Sasuke had been the most physical of his family and Itachi had tolerated it, pity these days it was his fists that Sasuke wanted to use on him. He'd just ignore that little voice in his head that sounded suspiciously like Kisame that was telling him he wasn't pushing him away because he actually really liked the hug.
 
“So what happened?” Itachi stepped back and sat down, Harry flopping gracelessly down beside him.
 
“I snuck out when Tonks went on duty as my guard, it was easy. Once I was away from Privet Drive I used henge to change my appearance and to look older. Caught the Knight bus to Diagon Alley and went straight to Gringotts. Not even the goblins could see through my disguise so a wizard has no chance. I had to drop it in private to prove my id. Turns out Sirius has a will and that I'm his heir, something I should have found out last year! Get this; Dumbledore's been funding his little group using my inheritance, the Potter's and now the Black's. I really need to talk to him about that, preferably in front of Rita Skeeter. For now I've blocked him from all of my accounts. Then, on my way to muggle London I saw Ron and Hermione. I decided to eavesdrop for a bit, very Slytherin of me I know. But watching Hermione punch Ron like that was brilliant! His being a lying bastard I could have done without though. Apparently Dumbledore's been paying him and his family, once again from my money, to be my friend and fill him in on everything I do. He let slip to Hermione so she let her fist slip, right into his nose. Good to know I'm not a total failure when it comes to judging the loyalty of friends. I listened for a bit and then headed for the real estate. I am now the proud owner of a penthouse apartment in a lovely area of London. I move in on August first. How was your day?” Itachi stared at Harry in shock, still trying to sort out exactly what Harry had said. So it came as a bit of a shock when he suddenly broke down into tears.
“How could Ron do that to me? I would have died to protect him and all he cared about was my money!” Itachi hesitantly reached out and pulled the distraught teen into his arms, letting him cry and scream as much as he needed to.
“If there's a way to get to your world I'll find it! I just can't take this much longer.” Itachi smiled slightly at that. Life would certainly be interesting if Harry where around, that was for sure. It was a good thing he knew of no way to Harry's world or he would really be guilty of a clan massacre, just not the one he was accused of.
 
---------------------------
“Happy Birthday!” This time Itachi initiated the hug and Harry smiled brightly at him. His training was coming along well and in a few hours he would leave his `family' behind forever. Life for Harry was definitely looking up.
 
“Thanks! So, can I have the night off from training as a present? We could just talk or something.” Itachi made a show of thinking about it before nodding. Harry had been working hard and one night wouldn't hurt.
“Want to hear what I set up for my loving normal family?” Harry's grin was pure evil.
 
“Will I hear their screams from my world?”
 
“It's possible. Good thing I plan to be long gone before they get up. The twins sent me a `care package' so I decided to put it to good use caring for my family. By the time I'm finished with them their beloved `normality' will be nothing but a fond memory.” Both snickered slightly at that. They sat quietly in their usual positions, Itachi leaning against one of the trees lining the edge of the clearing and Harry lying flat out on the grass beside him. Itachi smiled as he listened to exactly how Harry had booby trapped the house and felt proud, some of those techniques he'd taught the Wizard himself and if they could get a ninja then Harry's relatives didn't stand a chance. He didn't notice when his hand dropped down to gently stroke Harry's hair and Harry didn't say anything to bring it to his attention.
 
-------------------------------
“Itachi? Where are you?” Harry couldn't hide the concern in his voice. It had been almost a week since he'd last been drawn into the glade and now he was here but there was no sign of his best friend and trainer.
 
`What would you do to help him?' Harry looked around wildly, trying to see who had spoken but he was alone.
 
“Who's there?” Harry mentally conjured a kunai and got ready to fight if necessary. It was odd that he called a ninja weapon instead of preparing a spell but using magic here felt weird.
 
`You hardly need that with me young Gryffindor.' There was a flash of flames and Fawkes was hovering a few feet in front of him.
 
“Fawkes? How? What is this place really?”
 
`There is no time, your friend needs your help.'
 
“But how can I help? I don't know where he is!”
 
`Lie down and sleep. The path between you lies in dreams, so it is through dreams that you can reach him.' Harry stared at the phoenix for a few seconds before deciding to trust it. He lay down in the grass under their tree and closed his eyes. He smiled slightly as Fawkes began to sing and willingly surrendered to the pull of sleep, aided by the haunting song.
 
Harry opened his eyes and stared around. If it weren't for the fact that his scar didn't hurt he would think he was having a vision. He took a step forward and tried to touch a wall only for his hand to go right through it as if he were a ghost. How was he meant to help Itachi if he couldn't touch anything? He took a closer look at his surroundings; the hall he was in was empty and kind of gave him the creeps. He nearly jumped as a door swung open and cloaked figures entered. Even though everything was in black and white he could recognise them from Itachi's description when he had told him about the organization he was hiding in. This was starting to look very bad for Itachi and possibly his friend Kisame too since he couldn't see the other man anywhere. On the plus side no one seemed to be able to see him either.
 
“Bring the traitors.” At least he could hear what was going on. Harry gasped, as Itachi and Kisame were dragged in. he struggled to keep hold of his temper as they were tossed onto the cold stones and left there. He watched as Itachi stirred and pushed himself to his knees a few seconds before Kisame.
 
“Itachi.” Harry breathed, worried that if he could hear them they might hear him. Surprisingly Itachi looked straight at him but from the looks of it he wasn't sure if he was really seeing Harry or a figment of his mind.
“I'm here Itachi, just hold on. Remember, just like you told me.” He smiled at his friend, trying to be brave for his sake.
 
Harry watched as the two were but through an utter farce of a trial before being found guilty, not that there could have been any other verdict from those people. He stared in horror as the sentence was declared, death by burning. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the scene as every person in the room began a set of hand seals that were very familiar from a lesson Itachi had given him just last week. He remained frozen until the resulting fire reached the midpoint between the accused and their accusers.
 
“NO!” Without thought Harry moved until he was standing directly between the two groups and threw up a hand, his magic visibly swirly around his form. From the multiple gasps he realised he was now visible to more than Itachi. The fire slammed to a stop not an inch from his palm, impacting against a wall of pure magic and being absorbed.
 
“Harry?” Kisame asked very quietly.
 
“Harry.” Itachi stated, shocked. He'd guessed Harry was powerful since he had a prophecy hanging over his head dealing with an incredibly powerful enemy but he'd never really seen Harry use magic, not like this. But how was Harry here and as some sort of spirit? Emerald eyes turned to meet his gaze for a second before turning back to the others.
 
Harry focused his magic, acting purely on instinct and threw back a wave of power three times more powerful than the fire he had stopped. As people were tossed into walls like dolls he summoned a loose pit of scroll and pushed magic into it, turning it into a crude portkey. He threw it at Itachi and Kisame.
 
“Go!” Itachi nodded and grabbed the piece of paper, keeping a firm grip on Kisame. Harry relaxed as they vanished.
 
Itachi lay gasping for air, Kisame half on top of him. No wonder Harry hated those things.
 
“What the hell was that?”
 
“Portkey, a method of travel from Harry's world.”
 
“At least we now know for sure that he's real. But how?”
 
“Don't know, I'll ask him next time I see him.”
 
“Hope he got out okay. Where are we anyway?” Itachi didn't need to sit up to know where they were.
 
“The glade. It's the only place Harry knows here since we meet here in our dreams. It also means we are far to close to Konoha to be safe.”
 
“Yeah, well let me know when you can move and I'll follow you.” Kisame groaned as he rolled off his friend.
 
“I want to be sure Harry's safe, keep watch?”
 
“No problem.”
 
--------------------
Itachi looked around the glade and smiled as he saw Harry asleep under their tree. But he tensed as he noticed the bird nearby.
 
`Harry is fine, he will awaken in a few seconds.' With that the bird vanished in a flash of flames. Not trusting it, after all how many birds can talk, he ran over to Harry. He swiftly checked his pulse and breathing before allowing himself to relax. Sure enough Harry began to stir even as he was removing his hand. Dazed green eyes blinked open before focusing on him.
 
“Itachi?” Harry suddenly bolted upright, nearly hitting Itachi.
“Merlin, are you alright? What about Kisame?”
 
“Bruised and tired but we'll be fine, thanks to you. At least we now know beyond a doubt that this is real.”
 
“Brilliant way to test that fact. And thank the ruddy bird. I was worried but Fawkes told me you needed my help and showed me how.”
 
“So that was Fawkes. But you're okay? The attack didn't hurt you?”
 
“I'm fine, I promise.” Harry smiled shyly, not used to such concern from anyone other than Hermione.
 
“Good. I've never seen anything like what you did Harry, you saved our lives.” Itachi frowned, as Harry seemed to close off.
“Harry? What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing. I'm glad you're both okay. Guess I'm tired.” Harry gave a smile that was obviously false.
 
“Don't lie to me Harry. You know it won't work here.” Itachi put his hand on Harry's shoulder only to feel him flinch. He thought about what he'd said and then back over all of their conversations. It suddenly hit him.
“Harry. You are my friend because you are you. Anyone else would have been scared of me but you accepted me. I don't care about how powerful you are or what you can do, except where it will keep you alive. You could be totally powerless and you'd still be Harry to me. Those people are just glory seeking idiots who don't know what they're missing out on.” Harry looked away, ashamed of his reaction.
 
“I'm sorry.” Itachi hugged him, ignoring the pain it ignited.
 
“Don't be, it's not your fault.” Itachi let him go.
“I think it's safe to say training's cancelled tonight.”
 
“No, really? You should probably get some deeper sleep anyway to heal or wake up and move if the glade isn't safe. I would have sent you somewhere else but it is the only place I know of.”
 
“Trust me, its better then where we were.”
 
“Yeah, it's missing the giant fireballs.” Harry smiled a real smile this time.
 
“See you later Harry.”
 
“School goes back tomorrow so I may be too tired for a few nights.” Harry called as Itachi began to fade. He managed to see him nod before the glade vanished.
 
TBC…