Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
I was honestly surprised by all the encouraging reviews I've gotten for this fic. I originally wasn't going to post it due to the characters being so OOC and my pitiful knowledge of Naruto outside of others fics but now I'm glad I decided to take a chance.
People have been asking if one of the guys will end up in the others world, especially after Harry's ghostly intervention. The answer is yes though I'm not telling whom until it happens. A lot of fics have magic and chakra being the same thing but here they are completely different so while Harry is able to use both that does not mean that everyone who uses magic can use chakra and the other way around. Seeing as everyone has assumed it is HarryItachi and seems to like that idea I'm going with it. Now on with the story!
This chapter will focus more on the HP world to show exactly how much having someone to talk with and who genuinely cares has changed Harry.
 
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Harry stared out the window as the civilisation vanished to leave wide-open country. So far he'd managed to avoid his friends so he was alone in his compartment and he was happy to stay like that. He'd have to start acting soon enough as it was. Or would he? Should he tell Ron what he thought of him now? He knew he was going to get called to the Headmasters office due to his vanishing act over the summer but he didn't really care. Harry turned as the door slid open to reveal a familiar blond.
 
“Either come in and sit down or move on Draco. Standing in the doorway is going to attract attention I would rather avoid.” Harry stated as he turned back to the window. He held back a smirk as he saw Malfoy's expression reflected in the glass.
 
“Who are you and what did you do to Potter?” Draco asked as he slipped inside and settled on the seat opposite Harry. Harry laughed.
 
“Oh its me Malfoy. Lets just say I found out a few things this summer that forced me to re-evaluate a lot of my beliefs. Don't get me wrong; I'll still hex you if you call Hermione a Mudblood but Ron? Well, lets just say its open season shall we?”
 
“So the Golden Trio is no more?”
 
“It never existed apparently. Do what you want to him; he's a backstabbing glory hound and no friend of mine. So, how was your summer?”
 
“Not bad, Mother and I spent a lot of time in Paris. She loves travelling, I actually spent a lot of my childhood there before Hogwarts.”
 
“It sounds wonderful. I've never been out of England except for school.”
 
“Your relatives don't like to travel?”
 
“Oh, they love it. Taking the resident Freak however?” Draco stared at him in shock.
“Don't believe everything you hear. My family and I share a mutual dislike of each other, although on their side it's more like hatred.”
 
“Then why do you stand up for Muggles?”
 
“Because for everyone bad one there are at least five good ones. It's the same with Wizards. In the end, we're all human. So since you were in Paris I'm guessing you haven't joined the club?” Draco stared at him blankly before he realised what he was saying.
 
“I…No. That was the reason we left. Mother didn't want.” He stopped and Harry nodded.
 
“Do you want to join?” Draco stared at him, unsure what to do. On one hand he was talking to the poster boy for the light, on the other this Potter was a lot different to the one he usually fought with and he could use someone to talk with.
“It's your choice Draco, no one can make it for you. However I will listen if you need to talk and I won't say anything to anyone unless of course you admit you're going to kill someone at school or something.”
 
“Why?” Harry shrugged.
 
“Everyone needs someone to talk to. I found someone over the summer and it let me sort out a lot of things I didn't even realise I needed to sort out. If you do decide not to join don't go to Dumbledore.” Draco stared at him in shock.
“For now lets just say he isn't exactly what he makes everyone believe. I have no doubt he'll be calling me in for a nice little chat at some point since I managed to get away from my babysitters for most of the summer.”
 
“Nice to see you thinking for yourself Potter.”
 
“Thanks, and it's Harry.” He extended his hand and Draco slowly took it. They began talking about various things as the train continued on its way to Hogwarts, keeping the conversation light to let Draco think things through. Both looked up as the door slid open and Hermione stood frozen in shock.
 
“Are you coming in Granger? We've managed to keep the groupies out this long however you just standing there will attract attention.” Hermione stared at him and then Harry, not sure what to do. Harry's warm smile had her stepping inside and sitting beside him.
 
“Harry, there's something you need to know. It's about the Weasley's. I…” Harry took her hand and squeezed it comfortingly.
 
“I know Mione. I was there that day when you punched Ron. I heard everything. Thank you for standing up for me like that.” He hugged he gently.
“You should be glad she punched you in third year Draco, her punches appear to have gotten a lot harder since then.” Draco chuckled slightly.
 
“She hit hard enough back then. I'm sure the Weasel deserved it Granger.”
 
“Harry? What's going on?”
 
“I better go find the `groupies' before they find us and storm in.”
 
“I meant what I offered Draco.” The blond paused with a hand on the door. He nodded slightly and then left.
 
“Harry?” Hermione was nervous. Something was different about Harry and she wasn't sure what. There was no way he'd side with Malfoy's views, was there?
 
“It's okay Mione. I'll tell you everything.” Harry smiled softly at her and she relaxed, no he was still her Harry.
 
-----------------------------------
“Ah, Harry my boy. Come in. Lemon drop?”
 
“No thank you.” Harry sat and made himself comfortable. Unknown to the old man his hands were already part way through forming hand seals in case he needed a quick get away. He turned to look at Fawkes as the phoenix let out an amused trill and shook out his feathers before settling more comfortably. The bird obviously knew this was going to get interesting.
 
“No Harry, you caused a great amount of worry with your disappearing act this summer. I understand that you suffered during your captivity and that you feel bad over Miss Weasley's death but that was no reason to put yourself in unnecessary danger. You know you are only safe as long as you remain with your family.”
 
“Frankly sir it is none of your business where I go or what I do outside of school. You are my Headmaster not my guardian.”
 
“Now Harry.”
 
“No. I am not a pawn on your chessboard Dumbledore. I will fight riddle because he must be stopped, not for you or your precious Order. You can no longer take my money and I the only reason I haven't thrown you out of Grimmauld place is that I have no desire to live there myself. You are manipulative and in some ways as bad as Tom. You have known since I was born that I would have to face him and yet what have you done to prepare me for my fate? You left me in the care of my oh so loving muggle family. A family that decided to starve and beat the magic out of me, that kept me locked in a cupboard for ten years. You manipulated my life in the Wizarding world from the word go. You sent Hagrid to collect me and then paid the Weasley's to befriend me. Oh yes, I know all about that. Ronald really needs to learn to watch what he says in public. Every year I asked you why Tom is after me and every year you denied me an answer. And when I do find out you claimed you wanted me to have a normal childhood. Tell me sir, how many children do you know of that are treated the way I have been? I will not play your game any more Dumbledore.” Harry spat, breathing heavily and struggling to control his temper.
 
“I am sorry you feel that way Harry. It is obvious that your capture has affected you more than I originally believed. I can not risk you going Dark and it is obvious you have started down that path.” Harry saw the wand move and quickly finished the last hand seal. Instead of him the spell hit the bowl he had replaced himself with, giving him plenty of time to get out of the office. Using chakra to increase his speed he ran along the ceiling towards the dungeons. He only hoped he hadn't judged the man wrongly.
 
-------------------------
Itachi smiled as he saw Harry leaning against their tree. They hadn't seen each other since the rather spectacular rescue and he was eager to hear how his friend had been. His smile vanished as he got a closer look at the other teen.
 
“Harry? What happened?” Itachi dropped to his knees beside his friend.
 
“Thanks for teaching me how to do replacement or who knows what I'd be like now.”
 
“What do you mean?” The worry was clear in Itachi's voice.
 
“Dumbledore called me in for a chat like I figured he would. I told him it was none of his business what I did outside of school and that I knew what he had been doing. He decided I'm going Dark and shot off a spell. Luckily I had the hand seals all but complete so the spell hit a bowl and I ran to Professor Snape. I told him what was going on and he gave a Magical Oath to keep my secrets and let me stay for the night. I don't know what the spell was but I'd guess it was to knock me out or make me susceptible to suggestion. What am I going to do? I have to finish my education but how can I with Dumbledore in control?”
 
“You're a celebrity right?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“So go to the press. Reveal him for what he is. Use your money and influence.” Itachi said, wishing more than anything that he could do more to help.
 
“I do that and I'll end up dividing our forces. I can't fight Tom and his Death Eaters alone.”
 
“True but anyone with sense will realise that siding with someone like Dumbledore is stupid so you shouldn't loose too many.” Harry nodded slowly.
 
“I'm scared.” Harry whispered.
“Everything's moving so fast now.” Harry leant against Itachi and the ninja wrapped his arms around him.
 
“I wish I could do more to help.” Itachi whispered.
 
“You have helped a lot. If I hadn't had you to talk to I don't know what I would have done.” Harry smiled up at him warmly. Itachi smiled back and leant down slightly even as Harry stretched up towards him. He froze as their lips brushed, waiting for Harry to push him away but it didn't happen. They stayed like that for a few minutes, leaving the kiss at just a light brush before pulling back. Itachi looked at Harry closely and the younger teen smiled shyly, no sign of regret or disgust on his face or in his eyes.
 
“Harry.” He started only for Harry to put a finger over his lips.
 
“I like you Itachi, a lot. I know the odds of our ever having something are pretty non-existent what with the whole different worlds thing but can't we try? I don't care that you're a wanted man there; I know you're innocent and that's enough. You…you see me. Not the Boy-Who-lived or James Potters son but me, Harry. Please?” Itachi nodded slowly.
 
“I like you Harry, I have for a while now. Kisame noticed it first and I didn't want to believe him. But I can't ignore it any longer.” Harry smiled brightly at him and leant back in. Their second kiss was less unsure but still light. Neither had much experience after all and this was very new to them.
“Don't think this means I'm going to go easy on you in training.”
 
“Wouldn't dream of it.” Harry snuggled closer and sighed.
“I should wake up and get to the press before Dumbledore has a chance but I don't want to leave.”
 
“I'll see you soon Harry, you're right. You should go, I don't want him to hurt you anymore than he has.” Itachi kissed him softly goodbye.
 
“I'll be back tonight if I can.” Itachi nodded and Harry faded away, still smiling at him.
 
Harry sat up on the couch Snape had let him sleep on. He smiled softly and touched his lips, remembering their kisses before slipping quietly into the bathroom to neaten up. He jumped in surprise as he left it.
 
“You startled me Professor.” Snape nodded.
 
“A little late to be up and about.”
 
“I've been thinking. Dumbledore has decided I'm going Dark, what's to stop him going to the press or government about it? It would be a way to get control of me back.”
 
“Agreed. So what will you do?”
 
“I need to beat him to them. The goblins have proof of his theft and it's about time I started using my stupid fame for something.” Harry looked at him, waiting for a comment about how much like his father he was but it never came.
 
“You'll need backing from at least one family. The Weasley's are obviously out, as am I due to my dubious loyalties. The Longbottom's could be a possibility if you had time but they are not quite your equals in station.”
 
“What is your opinion of Draco? Do you think he'll take the mark?” Snape raised an eyebrow and Harry shrugged.
“We talked on the train. I think I nearly gave him a heart attack when I told him to shut the door and sit down.” Harry chuckled slightly at the memory.
“He seemed confused to me.”
 
“Narcissa took him to Paris so that he couldn't be given the Mark on his birthday as he should have had. Draco is spoilt and can be a bully but I think actually being exposed to some of the life of a Death Eater since the Dark Lord's return has shocked some sense into him. You are thinking of him?”
 
“He's got the family station and money if he can disconnect himself from his father's shadow.”
 
“I will speak with him now. If you want to beat Dumbledore you need to go now. Get your proof from Gringotts and then got to the Prophet, there is some staff there all night.” Harry nodded and stood, moving to the fireplace and the Floo powder.
“Wait.” Harry turned back
“You can hardly go in school robes. Change into your dress ones, if I remember correctly they are at last presentable.” Harry nodded and disappeared back into the bathroom to change.
 
“Thank you sir.” Snape nodded and Harry disappeared into the Floo.
 
-------------------------
“Hey.” Harry leant in for a tentative kiss and Itachi wrapped his arms around him.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Spent the whole night and most of the day with the prophet and then at the ministry. Turns out I totally beat him to the press and just to the ministry. They're bringing charges against him, the trials in a month. I'll have to testify under Veritaserum.”
 
“You'll do fine. Come on, let's get you training.”
 
“Sir, yes, Sir.” Harry grinned and took off.
 
“Brat.” Itachi stated fondly before taking off after him, kunai in hand.
 
---------------
“Breath Potter.” Harry nodded numbly at Draco's instruction, still in shock. They'd done it. The verdict was unanimous; Albus Dumbledore had been stripped of all titles and positions and wouldn't be seeing daylight for a long time. All it had taken was Harry making a stand for several dozen others to come forward and press charges against the aging Wizard. Only Draco's firm grip on his arm kept him from bolting as the approached the exit where they could already hear the shouts of the press and various people who had not been able to get inside.
 
“How dare you!” Both teens fought a flinch at the shrill voice of Molly Weasley. The irate woman grabbed Harry's arm, pulling him away from Draco.
“You ungrateful little brat! Albus warned us you were going Dark and this proves it! Consorting with a Death Eater to imprison such a great man!”
 
“A great man because he uses other peoples money to line your pockets Molly?” Harry spat, finally pulling his arm free.
“For your information Draco is not a Death Eater, just because his father licks that hypocrites boots does not mean he does. Draco is a good friend to both Hermione and I, a far better friend then your pathetic family. How much exactly did Dumbledore pay you to `befriend the poor little orphan'?” Harry was well aware that the media could hear every word but he didn't care. He could see Draco smirking out of the corner of his eye, a smirk that turned to a look of shocked horror.
 
“Harry!” He spun back to Molly only for her open palm to connect with his face with considerable force. He staggered back slightly but didn't fall thanks to his training, not that it made the blow hurt any less. Aurors were on the group in seconds, pulling the Weasley matriarch away and surrounding the two teens for their safety.
“Merlin, are you all right?” Draco tilted his face to look at where he'd been hit.
 
“I'm okay, just shocked, never thought she'd do that in public.”
 
“Yes, well the press will certainly have a field day with the pictures of that.”
 
“Harry! Draco! What happened?” Hermione shoved her way past the Aurors and to their side.
 
“Just Mrs. Weasley expressing her anger at my actions. Nothing to get worked up over.”
 
“Oh you were brilliant in there.” Harry stumbled in shock as Hermione threw her arms around him.
 
“Uh, thanks Mione. Could you let go though? I do need to breath at some point.”
 
“Well done Mr. Potter.” The teens looked up and smiled at their Potions Professor.
 
“Thank you sir. Come on, lets get out of here and celebrate.”
 
----------------
“It's finished.” Harry said as he collapsed beside his friend? Boyfriend? What exactly was he meant to call him?
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Exhausted. I got questioned and then cross-examined and then they made me take Veritaserum. Then after the verdict I had to face a very mad Molly Weasley and then the press. After that we went out and celebrated. Remind me to never touch Firewhisky again! I have such a headache!” Harry's groan turned to one of relief as Itachi sent healing chakra into him, easing the pain.
“Thanks.”
 
“Your welcome. So I'll assume he was found guilty?”
 
“Yep. All it took was me to start things and a whole lot pf people stepped forward wanting to ad charges. There is a nice cell in Azkaban with Dumbledore's name on it.”
 
“Good. I don't want that man anywhere near you.” Itachi kissed him lightly and Harry snuggled in closer. Itachi smiled, he no longer minded the physical contact that Harry seemed to crave and was quite willing to give it. That did not extend to anyone else though as Kisame had found out the hard way, he was still nursing the bruises. So far he'd managed to keep his friend from learning of the change in his relationship with Harry and he hoped to keep it that way for as long as possible, last thing he needed was for the other man to start gloating.
 
“Voldemort's going to have a field day though. Dumbledore was the only thing keeping him from attacking Hogwarts. Now that he's gone…”
 
“You'll need to increase the defences. I've taught you how to do that and plan for an assault. Believe in yourself Harry, I do.” Harry nodded and they fell silent, content to just sit together.
 
---------------------------------
“How's Harry?” Itachi looked at Kisame as they travelled through the treetops.
 
“Worried. He did just cause the so called most powerful light wizard to get sent to prison after all.”
 
“Yeah, nice job. Give him my congratulations.” Itachi nodded and they fell silent. Since they're rescue by Harry they had kept moving constantly, only stopping to sleep. They simply had too many people after them now. Kisame groaned and Itachi shook his head, joining his partner in turning to face the latest group of attackers. Life was getting very predictable.
 
TBC…