Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 21
 
 
“Okay, do you want the good news or the sort of bad but also good news first? Forget that we'll go with the good. I can remove the Seal now.” Harry stated and Sasuke's eyes widened slightly.
“Sorry about this.” Sasuke had no time to react before he slumped over, asleep. Harry smiled at how innocent the usually cold teen looked while asleep before gathering him into his arms and apparating into the warded room. He placed Sasuke down gently in the pre-prepared circle and then moved over to his workbench, grabbing a pendant and activating it. He knew that Itachi would want to be present for this, even though Sasuke would remain unconscious the entire time. It had been a long time since the brothers had been able to be in the same room without fighting and he wanted Itachi to be able to watch, if he was able to leave Kisame. He really needed to change that portkey so it would work for two. He smiled as he felt the familiar tingle of a portkey being used.
 
“Harry? Sasuke! What's wrong with him?” Itachi dropped to his knees besides his little brother, cradling his unresponsive form to his chest.
 
“He's under a sleep spell, relax. You really think I'd let anything happen to him? I'm ready to remove the seal and I thought you'd like to be here while I do it.” Harry explained as he continued gathering what he needed. Itachi nodded, still holding Sasuke close.
“You need to get out of the circle Itachi. Why don't you wait on the couch? Once I start you have to stay silent and still.” Harry told him, giving him a soft kiss.
 
“How risky is this?” Itachi asked as he moved away, eyes locked on his little brother and lover as Harry moved around, setting up his supplies.
 
“I've studied everything Konoha and you had on this seal and I've studied the actual mark on Sasuke. Still, there are risks. There is no chance of death, luckily. He could lose all memory of anything after being given the seal or it could screw his chakra up so much that he'll never be a ninja again.” Harry admitted, closing the circle around Sasuke and himself.
 
“But if left on he could end up enslaved to Orochimaru. I trust you love, do your best.” Itachi answered and Harry flashed him a brilliant smile before taking a deep breath and centring himself. This was one time he wished he still had his wand, just for the comfort if nothing else.
 
Itachi watched as Harry worked his magic, literally. He could feel the power gathering in the air and shivered as Harry began speaking, well hissing was more accurate. It was eerie and inhuman but watching Harry it suited him somehow. He had only really seen Harry's power once before, the day he had saved Itachi and Kisame but he was seeing it again now and watching him was incredible. Glowing green eyes suddenly snapped open as his chant finished and Itachi had to fight the urge to back away but his lover wasn't even looking at him, his focus was solely on Sasuke. Harry put his hand over the seal and started chanting again, this time in what Itachi had been informed was Latin. Itachi began to find breathing difficult as the air became heavy with power. He flinched as, even unconscious, Sasuke began to scream, his spine bowing and his body going into spasms. His hands curled into fists as his brother continued to scream and the magic built in the air until suddenly it all stopped. Itachi blinked and shook his head slightly. The air was still and without the feeling of overwhelming power that had been present not even a second earlier and Sasuke was lying limply on the floor. He stared at Harry who was still kneeling over Sasuke with his hand pressed to the seal, head bowed. Slowly, the teen raised his head again and Itachi relaxed as his eyes were no longer glowing. Actually he looked exhausted. Harry smiled and removed his hand from Sasuke's neck before breaking the circle. Itachi jumped up and moved to catch his lover as the younger man crumpled.
 
“Harry?” He asked, worried but Harry smiled again.
 
“Just tired, I'll be okay.” Itachi helped him up and Harry quickly downed a bottle of pepper up potion, straightening as it hit his system. Itachi looked over to Sasuke and then back to Harry.
“Go on.” Harry shooed him toward his brother and Itachi stepped into what remained of the circle before bending to lift Sasuke into his arms. Itachi checked Sasuke's neck only to find no sign of the seal.
“I'm going to go tell Tsunade and then I'll be back. Why don't you put him to bed, it's big enough for all three of us.” Itachi nodded and Harry apparated out.
 
--------------------------------------
Tsunade started when Harry appeared before her desk looking a bit tired.
 
“Why doesn't anyone ever use the door?” She grumbled and the teen smiled.
 
“Why do something so ordinary?” She just glared at him.
 
“I'm assuming you're here for a reason since you don't usually just appear like that.”
 
“I've removed Sasuke's seal.” Harry said calmly as he took a seat.
 
“WHAT?!” With her yell the door flew open as the two Anbu guards rushed in only to stop since there was obviously no threat. She glared at the two and they quickly left, not wanting to be sent to the hospital. Harry wished he could do the same but mentally shook himself, he would not be intimidated.
“Would you care to repeat that?”
 
“I removed the seal Orochimaru placed on Sasuke. You knew I would do it eventually; we've discussed it plenty of times. He is now free of the snakes influence but we'll have to wait until he wakes to see if there are any side effects.”
 
“Side effects?” Harry sighed.
 
“It's possible that he won't remember anything passed the Forest of Death or…” Harry trailed off, knowing she was not going to be happy with the other option.
 
“Or?” She growled dangerously.
 
“His chakra will be so badly messed up that he will never again be shinobi.” Tsunade stared at him in shock.
 
“And you didn't consult me, why?”
 
“Because frankly it wasn't your decision to make.”
 
“It wasn't yours either!”
 
“You're right. But Sasuke did agree awhile ago to me removing the seal when I was able to and I did have family permission.”
 
“Itachi! He's a missing-nin!”
 
“He's also Sasuke's only remaining family and is the oldest Uchiha. Therefore he does have a say. Once Sasuke wakes up and I give him a check up I'm telling him everything. I better go before he wakes up alone.” Before she could say anything he had vanished, leaving one mad Hokage behind.
 
-----------------------------
Harry smiled at the sight of Itachi curled protectively around Sasuke on the bed. He had lied to the Hokage, Sasuke wouldn't be waking up for several more hours but he had wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. He knew she would be calling him in later though. Itachi stirred and then went for a weapon.
 
“Relax love, it's just me.” Harry soothed as he approached the bed, sitting on the edge and running his fingers through Itachi's hair.
 
“How'd it go?”
 
“She's more than a little mad at me at the moment so I think I'll be staying down here till we know how Sasuke is.” Harry chuckled slightly. Itachi rolled over slightly and Harry crawled into bed beside him.
 
“Sleep Harry.” Itachi said, kissing him gently. Harry nodded and cuddled close, making Itachi smile. He wished he would never have to move, having Harry on one side and his little brother safe on the other.
 
------------------------------------------
Sasuke groaned, his head was pounding and his body ached. He tensed as a hand rested on his face and then a cool cloth was placed on his forehead.
 
“Easy Sasuke, you're alright.” A familiar voice soothed. Sasuke forced his eyes open and blinked as the face of an older teen came into focus.
“Do you know who I am Sasuke?” The other asked in concern and Sasuke forced himself to think clearly. He knew the other boy was familiar.
 
“Harry?” He croaked and then drank greedily as a glass of cool water was placed against his lips.
 
“Yeah, it's me. You remember what happened?” Sasuke thought and then shook his head.
“I removed Orochimaru's seal. You're free Sasuke.” Harry smiled at him and Sasuke's hand instantly went to his neck.
 
“It's gone?” Sasuke asked quietly and Harry nodded.
 
“The fact that you recognised me is good since it means you haven't lost all memory of events since getting the thing. But, could you mould some chakra for me?” Harry was tense, hoping Sasuke hadn't lost his ability to do so and only relaxed once the teen succeeded.
“Get some rest, we'll talk later.” Harry said and smiled as the mild sleeping draught he'd put in the water did its work. He made the sleeping teen more comfortable and smiled as Itachi became visible.
 
“Thank you.” He murmured, kissing Harry firmly. The younger man wrapped his arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. They finally parted for air and Itachi smiled at Harry.
“I have to go.”
 
“I know.” The wizard whispered sadly.
 
“Look after yourself and Sasuke.” Itachi kissed him once more and then activated the portkey. Harry sighed sadly and then settled in to wait for Sasuke to wake up again.
 
TBC…H