Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine, no matter how much I wish otherwise.
This is my last update of anything since I fly out on Monday for my holiday. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
 
Chapter 22
 
 
Harry sat and stared calmly at Sasuke who had gone an interesting shade of white during his story but was now starting to turn red. He easily caught the younger teen as he flung himself at Harry to attack and kept his grip even as Sasuke began fighting wildly.
 
“You traitor!” Sasuke spat as he fought. Harry sighed but didn't loosen his grip.
 
“Calm down!” Harry summoned a calming potion and the next time Sasuke opened his mouth he shoved it down his throat causing him to cough and splutter a bit until it kicked in and he began to still. Harry stood and walked over to the couch, gently laying Sasuke down on it. Angry sharingan eyes glared up at him even as Sasuke pushed himself up into a sitting position.
 
“What was that?” Sasuke asked, voice calmer but still angry.
 
“A calming potion. Head feeling clearer?” He smiled slightly at Sasuke's grudging nod and then sat beside him.
“The whole world does not revolve around you Sasuke-kun. I met your brother long before I met you. If not for him I'd be dead by now and probably in a very painful manner considering how much Tom hated me. When Itachi found out I had ended up in Konoha he was scared I'd be used against him but you know what the first thing he asked me to do was?” Sasuke didn't answer but it didn't really bother him, at least the teen was listening.
“He asked me to look out for you, to protect you from Orochimaru, and I agreed. The first time I saw you, you reminded me so much of your brother when we first met, cold and distant. I love Itachi and he loves me Sasuke and I'm sorry if that hurts you but I can't change the way I feel.”
 
“He's a murderer! He killed them.” Sasuke stated firmly and Harry wrapped his arms around him in a gentle hug, ignoring Sasuke's escape attempts.
 
“No he didn't Sasuke, I swear it. You can hear it from him if you want but he is innocent of your clans massacre.”
 
“Then why did he leave?” Sasuke asked, voice soft and unsure but still angry and hurt.
 
“To protect you silly. He loves you Sasuke, never doubt it.” Sasuke looked up and Harry was happy to see his eyes were no longer the red of the sharingan. He let Sasuke stare at him for as long as he wanted to. Finally Sasuke looked away and grunted and Harry smiled, knowing it was the best he could hope for, for now
“Now, we better go see the Hokage before she starts looking for us. I told her I removed the seal and she's not too happy with me at the moment.” Harry stood and offered Sasuke a hand up. The teen hesitated before accepting it and letting Harry pull him up and then into his arms.
“Hang on.” Harry warned and then apparated.
 
--------------------------------
“You're brother sure knows how to hold a grudge.” Itachi looked down at Harry in amusement.
 
“Oh?”
 
“He hasn't spoken to me since we reported to the Hokage, two weeks ago. He leaves whenever I'm around, unless it's for something official. Sakura is getting suspicious because of it and I really don't want to have to deal with her if she finds out. I know you were just trying to protect him when you told him to get strong enough to kill you but did you have to make my life so difficult by doing so?” Harry complained. Itachi kissed him softly in apology and laid back, content to just hold Harry close for a while.
 
“Give him time, he'll come around.” I hope, Itachi finished silently. He hated the fact that their relationship was causing his lover so many problems but Harry simply smiled and kissed him if he tried to say anything. Maybe he should turn himself in? But his death would break Harry's heart and the younger man had been hurt too many times in the past for him to want to add to it. He sighed and then moved to claim Harry's lips in a gentle kiss, which was eagerly returned. It still amazed him how willing Harry was to accept his touch when all others flinched from him. Even Kisame occasionally flinched away from him. But never Harry. Sure, part of it was probably teenage hormones and the fact that Harry had been starved for affectionate touch as a child but all he had to do was look into those green eyes to see how much Harry wanted him, loved him and it was the most wonderful thing he had ever seen.
 
---------------------------------
Kakashi frowned as he watched Sasuke giving Harry the cold shoulder. He knew that Harry had removed the cursed seal and told Sasuke everything so he knew why the teen was acting that way; he had just hoped that his student would be mature enough to actually listen and think things through logically. He sighed as he saw Harry frown tiredly, he knew that Sasuke's actions were hurting his flatmate but he didn't know what else could be done. He'd tried to talk to the teen as had Iruka and the Hokage herself but none of them could get through to him. His attitude was destroying their teamwork and Kakashi was dreading the possibility of them receiving a mission that called for them to leave the safety of the village.
 
------------------------
Sasuke bent over to grab a clean shirt from the draw only to lunge for a weapon as he stood, noticing the second figure in his mirrors reflection, but it was too late. A whispered word and he crumpled at Harry's feet.
 
“Sorry Sasuke but this has gone on too long.” He muttered and lifted the smaller teen into his arms before apparating out of the Uchiha district and into the warded room where Itachi was pacing nervously.
 
“You really need to stop knocking him out Harry.” Itachi commented dryly and Harry shot him a glare.
 
“And you tow seriously need to talk. The room's warded against violence, you won't even be able to give each other a paper cut.” Harry reassured his lover as he set Sasuke down on the couch.
“He'll wake in a few minutes. Call me on the pendant when you're done.” Harry kissed Itachi and then went to leave.
 
“Are you sure you won't stay?” Itachi swallowed nervously, not that he'd admit it and Harry smiled.
 
“You two need to talk with no distractions or chance of bodily harm. Talk to him Itachi, he really does want to understand.
 
TBC…
I know it's short but I was writing in between packing so you're lucky to get anything at all.