Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Sorry about the wait but this chapter has been giving me problems.
 
Chapter 23
 
 
“It's awfully quiet.” Harry chuckled at Naruto's nervous comment.
 
“With all the silencing charms on that room we wouldn't hear a bomb go off.” Harry told him.
 
“Do you think they're okay?” Harry hugged him, knowing the teen was worried about his friend.
 
“They'll be fine Naruto. I charmed that room myself remember.”
 
----------------------------
Sasuke could feel a gentle hand against his face as he began to wake, what had happened? He didn't remember being in fight.
 
“I'm so sorry Sasuke, I never meant for things to end up like this.” He froze, recognising the voice but it was a lot warmer than he could remember Itachi ever sounding. His eyes flew open and he pushed himself away, looking around. He recognised the room as the one he had woken in after Harry had removed his seal and then he remembered seeing Harry's reflection in his mirror. Had the older teen betrayed them?
“Sasuke.” He turned back to Itachi to see that his sharingan was not activated. To his surprise Itachi lowered his eyes.
“I never wanted to hurt you, I just wanted to keep you safe. If you'd gone after those responsible you would have died.”
 
“You expect me to believe you? I saw you over our parents!”
 
“They were dead when I got there! You saw me removing the blade but you never saw me put it in.” Itachi countered.
 
“Yes I did.” Itachi swallowed.
 
“I had to make you believe I did it. I knew you would survive what I did, you were always stronger than father ever gave you credit for.” Itachi explained quietly.
 
“Why should I believe you?” Sasuke sneered.
 
“Because it's the truth.” Itachi picked up the small bottle Harry had left behind just for this purpose along with strict instructions. He held the clear bottle up for Sasuke to see.
“Do you know what this is?” Sasuke shook his head slightly.
“Veritaserum, from Harry's home world. It's an extremely powerful truth serum. Three drops and even the sannin would spill their darkest secrets.” He opened the bottle and removed the dropper, raising it to his mouth. He half hoped that Sasuke would stop him at seeing his willingness to take it but the teen continued to stare at him. Sighing he closed his eyes and let the drops fall onto his tongue.
 
----------------------------
“Think they've killed each other yet?” Naruto asked and Harry smiled tightly.
 
“No, but Itachi has taken the Veritaserum.” Naruto winced, remembering the stories Harry had told of how powerful that substance is.
 
“So Sasuke will have to believe.” He said hopefully but Harry was frowning slightly.
 
“Aniki?”
 
“Question is how will he take that knowledge?” Harry said softly and Naruto moved closer. Harry smiled and hugged the younger teen.
 
------------------------------------------
“Don't suppose you've seen three quarters of my team?” Iruka looked up as Kakashi dropped through the classroom window.
 
“Not since last night when I treated Naruto to ramen. Why?” Iruka smiled and returned Kakashi's greeting kiss.
 
“Can't find them anywhere.” Iruka frowned and then smiled.
 
“I forgot, Harry decided to kidnap Sasuke to make him talk to him again. He probably roped Naruto into being his accomplice.”
 
“And I suddenly feel sorry for Sasuke.” Kakashi commented.
 
“Harry's stubborn understanding along with Naruto's pure stubbornness. Sasuke doesn't stand a chance.” Iruka chuckled slightly and then gasped as Kakashi's hands began wandering.
“Kakashi not here! My students will be back any minute!” Iruka admonished, making Kakashi pout hard enough that it could be seen through his mask.
“I'll see you tonight okay? We'll have dinner, my place at seven.” Kakashi nodded and moved back to the window.
“Oh, and Kakashi?” He paused, balanced on the sill.
“Don't be late.” Kakashi grinned and nodded, hearing the `or else' in the teachers' voice.
 
------------------------------
Harry paused in the doorway and smiled softly at the sight before him. Itachi was reclining on the bed; Sasuke curled up fast asleep in his lap while Itachi gently stroked his hair. Itachi looked up at him and smiled, making Harry's smile widen. The ever-present pain in his lovers' eyes was all but gone and that was enough for Harry to believe the relationship between the brothers was on the mend. Harry silently moved over to the bed and leant down to gently kiss the older man.
 
“Everything okay?” He breathed against his skin and Itachi nodded.
 
“Sleep with me tonight?”
 
“Do you really need to ask? I'll put him with Naruto.” Harry grinned and Itachi just looked at him before shaking his head in disbelief. Harry easily levitated Sasuke upstairs and into Naruto's bed where the other boy was already fast asleep. He had to smother a laugh as the blonde latched onto his teammate in his sleep and surprisingly Sasuke snuggled closer. He summoned the camera and took a photo before retreating downstairs. He was snickering slightly as he sat on the bed.
 
“What's so funny?”
 
“Wait till the pictures developed but I think it's safe to say Sasuke's a snuggler.” Harry laughed at the expression on Itachi's face. He snuggled up to his lover himself and smiled as Itachi's arms wrapped around him.
“So it went well?”
 
“I had to use the serum as well you know. There is no way you didn't have some sort of spell on the bottle to alert you.” Harry blushed slightly but nodded.
“He believes now and we started working things out. Thank you.” Itachi kissed him gently.
 
“For what?”
 
“Making me see sense and tell him the truth.” Itachi admitted. Harry just smiled and kissed him moving so that he was straddling Itachi's waist. He felt Itachi smirk against his lips and then suddenly he was lying on his back on the bed. He laughed slightly as Itachi smirked down at him before bending down to join their lips again. Harry willingly parted his lips, wrapping his arms around Itachi. Finally, things were beginning to work themselves out.
 
---------------------------
Iruka paced nervously, glancing at the clock that just didn't seem to be moving. He sighed and went to check on the food once more. Tonight was the night. He couldn't go on like this; he had to know what this was. He stiffened slightly as he felt Kakashi drop in through the window and move up behind him. He sighed as Kakashi's warm arms wrapped around him and a masked face nuzzled his neck.
 
“Smells good Ruka.” Iruka melted into the embrace, unable to help himself. But then he steeled his resolve and moved away.
“Iruka?” He swallowed at the sound of slight hurt in Kakashi's voice.
 
“What is this Kakashi?” He asked quietly.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“This…us…what is this?”
 
“You have to ask?” Kakashi asked quietly.
 
“You show up at odd times, we've kissed, you eat my food, but what does it mean? What am I too you?” Iruka turned away, unable to look at Kakashi, afraid his face showed too much. He heard Kakashi sigh and then he was in the jounin's arms.
 
“I though you knew, I thought all those things were enough to tell you. I…I love you Iruka. The way you smile, the way you blush at the slightest thing, even the way you yell at me.” Iruka turned his head to look at Kakashi, too shocked to do anything else. He stared into miss-matched eyes, distantly realising that Kakashi had removed his hitai-ate.
 
“Love?” He breathed and Kakashi nodded, releasing Iruka and raising his hands to his mask. Iruka's breathing hitched as Kakashi removed the cloth and revealed his entire face. Iruka reached out with a shaking hand and gently touched the smooth skin, pale from always being hidden. He smiled and stepped right up to Kakashi so that their bodies touched and then wrapped his arms around the jounin.
“I'm sorry for being silly.” He whispered.
 
“You weren't. I should have told you.” Iruka silenced him with a kiss.
 
“I love you too. Food's going to burn if we don't eat now.” Kakashi smiled and nodded, watching as Iruka went about preparing the meal before deciding to help out by setting the table. As they sat down to eat Iruka gave him a brilliant smile, finally his life seemed to be going right.
 
TBC…