Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 27

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own HP or Naruto.
Sorry for the long wait. Been trying to figure out exactly how I want the fight to go, still not 100% sure but figured I'd have a go at it.
For people thinking this is almost done, there is one member of Akatsuki that escaped Harry's little magical BBQ. I know nothing about the leader of the group except that he must be rather powerful so if someone wants to fill me in? I may use cannon stuff for him and I may not, depending on what I find out.
 
Chapter 27
 
Harry kept a close watch on Orochimaru while trying to remain aware of everything around them too, the last thing they needed was to be ambushed by more Sound-nin while fighting. He felt more than saw Kakashi move away from them and over to the other two sannin, leaving Itachi and Kisame with him. Figuring those three could take care of themselves he ignored them except to throw some quick protective charms their way.
 
Orochimaru stared at the strange, dark haired shinobi. What bothered him most was that he had no idea who the boy was. He was obviously powerful, connected and assumedly had some sort of bloodline due to his interaction with Manda, there was no way such a person could have escaped the notice of his spies over the years. So where had the boy been hiding?
 
Harry smirked, he knew he had Orochimaru confused and that was what he wanted. He didn't want the snake to be able to think utterly clearly and his presence and attitude were keeping him from doing that. He spared a glimpse for Itachi and Kisame, both of whom gave him a small nod in return, with Kisame drawing his sword. Harry took a deep breath, they could do this. Even with everything he'd already done his magic was still pulsing just beneath his skin, ready and waiting to be unleashed and his chakra levels were still fairly high. Itachi and Kisame had been running flat out for several days but even then they were still fairly fresh and they had two sannin and the famous copy-nin as further back up if they needed it.
 
------------------------
Naruto grinned as he heard the sound of a chidori colliding with flesh; Sasuke was easily holding his own. The ground trembling pointed out that Sakura too was fairing well. His grin turned feral as he slammed a rasengan into his opponent before moving onto the next one that wasn't being swamped by his clones. Kakashi-sensei had been right to make them fall back, Iruka-sensei and the others wouldn't have stood a chance against this many curse seal users. Even they were beginning to tire slightly, not that any of them would admit it. He really wished Harry's magical wind would come back, they could use the help but Harry was facing Orochimaru and would need all his concentration. Naruto could admit, at least to himself, that the snake scared him a lot. Even using Kyuubi's power the sannin had easily beaten him. But Harry had Kakashi-sensei and the others with him. No way would that creep beat them all.
 
----------------------------
Iruka could feel his finger nails cutting into his palms but he didn't care. A second front of fighting had opened up just inside the village; he could see it from his vantage point. But what had him clenching his fists so tightly was that he could see the ground splitting and the eerie blue glow of a certain jutsu. There was only one team that could be and he hated being able to see them fight without being able to do anything to help. What had caused team 7 to break from the main fight? Had they followed their opponents or had someone sent them to be a last line of defence for the shelters? He'd seen Manda vanish a while ago but the other two boss summons were still hanging around, though they weren't fighting at the moment. Did that mean they were wining? He wished they had a way to receive news but no one would be spared from the fight to come tell them unless things went very badly and they were told to run for Suna. All he could do was pray that didn't become necessary.
 
------------
Harry rolled to his feet quickly even though Kisame had locked swords with Orochimaru to give him time to recover. He winced as he felt his ribs shifting back into place as they healed from the hard blow. He gave Itachi a brief smile when the older man shot a glance his way to let him know he was fine. Kakashi was out cold but still breathing several feet away with Tsunade healing him while Jiriaya was fighting Kabuto who had suddenly appeared about ten minutes ago, taking Kakashi out before anyone realised he was there. Meanwhile the three of them were playing a weird game of tag with the snake sannin. And it was getting really annoying.
 
It happened so quickly that they were unable to do anything to stop it. One second Orochimaru had been fighting Kisame and then next his sword was buried in Itachi's chest. Everyone froze at the sight for a split second before a scream of utter rage rent the air. They turned to see that it was Harry who had screamed, a look of utter horror and wrath on his face. For the first time in a long time Orochimaru felt the cold grip of terror around his heart as an unnatural wind whipped up around the teen, glowing emerald looked with serpentine gold. Orochimaru yanked his sword free, barely dodging a blow from the enraged wizard. Kisame caught his partner as the Uchiha's legs gave out. He tried to staunch the bleeding even though he knew it was no use, Orochimaru's blade was poisoned. He was surprised when Tsunade knelt beside them and began to heal the wound.
 
“Go help Harry; I'll do what I can for him.” Kisame stared at her and she sighed.
“Go. He's too mad to focus properly and I don't need to try to heal both of them.” He nodded and went to the younger mans aide.
 
A haze of red seemed to be surrounding his thoughts as he attacked without pause. The creature in front of him had harmed his mate and must die. If he had been thinking clearly he would have wondered at calling Itachi his mate but he was beyond rational thought by this point, operating entirely on instinct and those instincts screamed for the snake to die and die painfully. He didn't even feel it as his body suddenly twisted and changed but everyone else saw and froze. Orochimaru couldn't dodge and screamed as sharp claws racked down his chest, knife-like teeth barely missing his throat as he threw himself backwards. The creature that had been Harry snarled, tail lashing and wings outstretched. Kisame blinked and then lunged, using he advantage of Orochimaru's shock to shear his blade through the mans neck, removing his head from his shoulders. Kisame stayed utterly still as the animal prowled towards him and the body, knowing that showing fear would be a very bad idea since he doubted Harry was in any form of control at the moment. He couldn't help but flinch slightly though as the wizard turned animal began to savagely maul the body.
 
“Harry.” The breathy whisper reached sharp ears and a bloody muzzle lifted from its prey. The large creature rose and padded over to Itachi, whining softly as he nuzzled the downed ninja. Itachi weakly raised a hand to rub soft fur. Once again they watched in shock as the creature shrank until a bloody Harry was kneeling beside his fallen lover.
 
“You're going to be okay now Itachi.” The teen whispered, gently kissing the fingers resting on his face.
 
“I'm sorry Harry.” He looked over at Tsunade as she spoke, blinking as he forced himself to focus on her and to not give in to the need for sleep.
“I can heal the wound but the poison has spread too far, there's nothing I can do.” She told him sympathetically.
 
“No, no he's going to be fine.” Harry shook his head in denial. Kisame moved up behind him and wrapped an arm around the shaking teen. Harry looked up at him, green eyes wide with horror and pleading. Kisame took a shaky breath and looked down at his pale partner. He could tell Itachi was fighting to hide his pain from them.
“No I can't loose you too!” Harry sobbed falling onto Itachi and clinging to him. Itachi held him weakly.
 
“Shhh, it'll be okay. You have to look after Naruto and Sasuke.” Itachi whispered.
 
“Don't leave me.” Harry whispered back. He couldn't loose Itachi like this. He'd already lost everyone he loved once, he couldn't handle losing the one person he had clung too for years. His very soul screamed out in anguish at the thought and to his surprise he received an answer. A ball of flame exploding made everyone but Harry look up even as the most beautiful sound they had ever heard filled the clearing. They stared in awe at the fiery bird that flew over to Harry, alighting easily on his shoulder. He sat up and then slowly smiled, shaky fingers moving to stroke the crimson plumage.
“ 'Lo Fawkes.” He whispered. The bird trilled in response before moving to perch on Itachi, studying him intently for a few seconds before beginning to cry. A smile slowly spread across Harry's face before he began to laugh.
 
“Harry?” Kisame asked cautiously.
 
“Everything's going to be fine now.” Thew wizard answered. Sure enough Itachi's colour began to improve as the phoenix tears soaked into his skin, his breathing easing. Dark eyes slowly opened and he stared at the bird perched on his stomach.
 
“Hello Fawkes.” The ninja greeted the mythical creature. Fawkes bobbed his head before taking to the air and letting out a piercing call. With a flash of fire something appeared in his talons. Flying over to Harry he released his burden and the wizard caught it easily only to stare in shock at the blade he now held. Harry smiled as he looked down at the sword of Gryffindor, the blade he had used against Voldemort. Itachi looked as the sword as he sat up.
 
“Is that?” He asked and Harry nodded.
 
“I thought it was buried in the rubble of Hogwarts, guess not even several tonne of stone can stop a phoenix. Thanks boy. You staying?” A sad trill answered him.
“Let Mione and Sev know I'm okay and happy?” Fawkes bobbed a nod and then vanished in a flash of flame. Harry stood, conjuring a sheath for his sword and slipping it through his belt for the moment. He held his hand out and Itachi accepted the hand up.
 
“So who is going to explain this to me?” They turned to look at Tsunade who was standing there, hands on hips and glaring.
 
“Umm…I'm going to check on Naruto.” With that Harry vanished.
 
“Traitor.” Kisame grumbled.
 
TBC…
Anyone guess what Harry turned into?