Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or Naruto.
Sorry for the long wait but I've been trying to decide what to do with the battle and Running Home has been persistent in its want for attention.
 
Chapter 26
 
Naruto grinned as four familiar figures burst into the clearing they had been fighting in. It was good to have confirmation that their sensei and older teammate were fine. And having Itachi and Kisame on their side instead of trying to capture him was a big bonus. Orochimaru was going to regret ever messing with them now!
 
“You three okay?” Harry asked as soon as they were closer, his eyes scanning them for injuries.
 
“Few scrapes and bruises, nothing serious.” Sakura answered him, earning a smile.
 
“Good. We're going to help the Hokage. I want you three to pull back toward the village.”
 
“What? Why?” Naruto glared at Kakashi.
 
“Because we haven't seen any of the ninja bearing his curse seal and with all the high level fighters out here and only chuunin guarding every one else they are a tempting target. I want you three between the battle and the civilians just in case. I may be wrong, they could all be with Orochimaru but we can't take the chance.” Kakashi explained tersely. The three teens nodded and took off but not before Naruto gave Harry a quick hug good-bye. Sasuke looked to Itachi briefly and his brother smiled slightly at him. Once they were gone the four took off again.
 
“Do you really think they're going after the civilians?” Harry asked as they ran.
 
“It's something he would do just to demoralise our shinobi.”
 
“Good thing I warded the shelters as well.” Harry muttered. They paused briefly as three giant animals suddenly appeared not far ahead.
“That thing's bigger than the basilisk! Is this good or bad?” Itachi shrugged in answer making Harry roll his eyes.
“So can any of you guys call animals that big?”
 
“None of my dogs are any bigger than normal.” Kakashi told him and both Itachi and Kisame shook their heads.
 
“Great, we're going to get squished.” Harry grumbled under his breath and earning him an amused snort from Kisame.
 
“Think you can at least distract Manda?” Itachi asked him as they began to slow down. At his lovers questioning look he indicated the giant snake.
 
“I can try. Don't know if the rules concerning Speakers apply here or not though. But I suppose a Parselmouth should be enough to at least get its attention.”
 
-------------------------
The three teens crouched, hidden from sight just inside Konoha and between the battle and the shelters. Anyone trying to get passed was in for a surprise since they were no ordinary teenagers. Two had been trained by the legendary sannin and the other was an Uchiha. No one trying to get to the shelters would have an easy time of it, that was for certain. Without Orochimaru's curse seal Sasuke's skills had increased dramatically, Sakura had finally mastered Tsunade's monstrous strength and thanks to Harry's influence Naruto had also greatly improved. Between them they would be able to at least hold back any invading force long enough for help to arrive, they hoped. Because if anyone got passed them it would be up to a handful of chuunin and genin to protect everyone.
 
------------------------
Kisame grinned as Manda simply stared down at the hissing teen, a look of shock on the serpentine visage. Orochimaru, perched on the snakes' head, was looking madder by the second as Manda began to hiss back. The look of shock on Jiraiya's face was rather amusing too. And then, to everyone's amazement, Manda vanished from under Orochimaru, leaving him to fall to the ground. Harry had a rather satisfied smirk on his face as the sannin glared at him.
 
“Oh sorry, did you need that snake?” He asked cheekily, making Itachi snort softly. Harry apparently had the bad habit of annoying his enemies in a fight and he was showing that now. But they became serious as several Sound-nin came out of nowhere, curse seals activated. Deciding to end things quickly Harry once again let loose his magic, only this time Itachi was there to ground him so he didn't become lost in the current. They screamed as their seals were forced to deactivate as the magic focused around them. Kakashi and Kisame quickly killed them before they could recover leaving Orochimaru shocked and even madder than before. He focused his gaze on Harry who simply shot him a bored look, making Itachi smirk proudly, his lover had come a long way from the young wizard he once was.
 
-----------------------------
“Who's the boy?” Jiraiya asked since their old teammate was focusing on said teen.
 
“Potter Harry, the fifth member of team 7, Kakashi's flatmate and Uchiha Itachi's lover.” That made him almost choke, earning him a laugh from Tsunade.
“He's also from another dimension and is an incredibly powerful wizard, a magic user. He's the chuunin I sent to Sound after that scroll because he may be harder than Naruto to kill.” Jiraiya just looked from her to the dark haired teen that seemed to be enjoying annoying Orochimaru. Either Tsunade had lost it or the unassuming looking teen below was one powerful kid with no fear of insane immortality seeking shinobi who had more power than most people knew what to do with. Then again there was this little voice whispering that Potter had something to do with the Sound shinobi that had been dropping dead for no apparent reason. Add in Itachi and Kisame fighting on there side and this fight had suddenly become a whole lot more interesting.
 
TBC…
I know this is very short but I wanted to get something out and this section of the story is giving me a lot of trouble. Any ideas for the coming battle would be welcomed.