Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine
 
Chapter 25
 
 
Harry dodged and slashed, slitting his opponents throat before moving on to the next. The air was thick with smoke and the smell of blood, making it hard to breath without choking or gagging. He had lost sight of Team 7 within minutes of the battle starting but he could still feel them so he wasn't too worried yet. His Occlumency shields were fully up and being used to push his emotions back, he hated battle, hated killing and that was something he couldn't afford right now. He whirled around, dodging what would have been a killing blow and blocking another with his kunai. He was really missing his sword right now but as far as he knew it was buried under several hundred tonne of solid stone who knew how far from here. Instead he let go of the tight leash he held over his magic, letting the power bubble up under his skin before overflowing, his hair and clothes beginning to move in an unseen wind. It didn't even take a thought to send that power lashing out into his enemies while forcing himself to ignore the cut off screams.
 
--------------------------
Iruka fought the urge to pace as he stared out over the village from the hidden entrance. He could see smoke from where the battle was but little else. So far none of the boss summons had been called but was that a good thing or a bad one? He knew that Kakashi and Harry would do their best to protect the others but he knew they couldn't be everywhere at once, not even Harry.
 
“They'll be fine.” Iruka turned slightly to see Izumo moving up beside him.
“Those three kids are pretty indestructible and their sensei's no slouch. Not to sure about the new guy but, well guess who it was that retrieved that scroll from Sound?” Iruka blinked, so that was where Harry's last mission had been. What had the Godaime been thinking to send a chuunin on a mission like that? But then again Harry was one of the few almost guaranteed to be able to survive with his insane healing rate and power reserves of magic.
“Come on, your turn to eat and get some rest.” Iruka nodded and headed back into the shelter.
 
------------------------------
Kakashi ran through the trees, trying to loose the Sound-nin that was trying to kill him. He'd lost track of his team not long after the fighting had started but he wasn't too worried, all four teens were competent fighters and Harry would keep an eye on the younger three. He hurled shuriken at another enemy, getting the ninja off a comrades' back for a few precious seconds. The fight seemed to be going well for Konoha, so far, but he knew all that could change in an instance and this was Orochimaru they were facing. He was worried that so far no one seemed to be using the infamous curse seal. So where were those shinobi? Guarding Orochimaru or somewhere unexpected? He spared a thought for Iruka and the others hiding in the shelters, they had been moved since Orochimaru's defection so he shouldn't know where they were, right?
 
Kakashi blinked as an unnatural wind suddenly picked up and the ninja chasing him suddenly let out a choked scream before falling to the ground below unmoving. Looking around he saw more Sound-nin doing the same. Whatever was causing the wind wasn't chakra based which meant… Kakashi took off in the direction it was coming from and then froze for a brief second as he found Harry. Yes he had seen the teen fight before but never in a life or death situation like this and apparently that made a big difference in his style. He could feel Harry's chakra as he used a katon justu but there was also the feel of the same energy from that night in the forest when all he'd been able to do was listen to the teens screams and be there for the other three. Frankly the power was overwhelming but it also had a comforting feel to it, like it recognised him as a friend and would protect him, which of course was ridiculous.
 
Harry could feel Kakashi perched on a nearby branch as he viscously disembowelled his current opponent though he didn't acknowledge his presence, too deeply submerged in the flow of his magic as it sought out the enemy. He knew he was losing his grip on the world around him but the pull was so strong he didn't want to fight it. He didn't notice as his kunai slipped from relaxed fingers, the wind kicking up even more around his body, almost obscuring him from sight.
 
Kakashi's eyes widened and he swore as Harry dropped his kunai, his eyes sliding shut and the wind around him picking up speed. He had no idea what was going on but it made him uneasy.
 
----------------------------
Two figures were running flat out through the trees heading for Konoha, a route they had been following for the past several days at top speed. Finally they were only minutes from the battle they could both sense and now hear. One suddenly stopped, forcing his partner to stop as well.
 
“Itachi?” Kisame shot him a worried look.
 
“I don't know, I think something's wrong with Harry.”
 
“Better move then.” They redoubled their efforts, moving to fast for the average eye to track as they finally reached the battle, ignoring it for the most part as Itachi searched for his lover, sharingan blazing.
 
-------------------------------
Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke had somehow managed to stay together in the semi-organised chaos and were watching each other's backs. The Rookie Nine, at least those that were still genin, were the only ones below the rank of chuunin participating in the battle because of the ways they had proven themselves previously. Sasuke blinked and then turned his head.
 
“Sasuke?” Naruto questioned.
 
“Itachi's here.” He answered quietly.
 
“Makes sense, Harry probably warned him.” Naruto answered just as quietly.
“What is that?” Naruto's eyes widened as an odd wind moved passed them, making Sound-nin drop like flies.
“Harry?”
 
“Harry.” Sasuke agreed, looking at the wind with his sharingan.
 
---------------
Itachi ignored Kakashi as he dropped to the ground on the edge of the almost tornado like winds. He frowned as he studied his lover, he'd seen the wind spreading across the battlefield and the dead Sound-nin. Harry was obviously using magic but he was positive it wasn't an actual spell, more like raw magic being set free to do his will.
 
“Harry!” He yelled above the wind but the younger male didn't respond. Without a thought for his own safety Itachi flung himself into the gale, trying to reach his lover. To his surprise the wind didn't hurt him, instead it wrapped around him protectively as he moved to Harry's side. Glazed emerald eyes stared straight through him making Itachi more scared then he had been since he had seen the bodies strewn about the Uchiha compound. He grabbed Harry and shook him but got no response. Not knowing what else to try he pulled Harry close and then covered his lips with his own, kissing him frantically.
 
Kakashi and Kisame relaxed as the wind died down and then looked away as the two males were revealed, kissing frantically. Kisame laughed and shook his head, Harry had definitely changed his partner and for the better as far as he was concerned. Though kissing like that in the middle of a battle probably wasn't a good idea.
 
“Break it up you two! We've got a snake to kill.” Kisame called, making them break apart. Harry looked up at them and turned crimson from embarrassment. Itachi settled for glaring.
 
“Shall we?” Harry asked with a smile and Itachi nodded. They got ready to begin looking for the sannin but Harry put a hand on his arm, making Itachi pause.
“Thanks.” Itachi nodded, smiling softly and then they were off.
 
TBC…Haa