Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Espionage ❯ Gifts from the Heart ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Sasuke is a spy for Shinobi Inc. and is sent to guard the #1 hyperactive blond of Konoha High School, Naruto Uzumaki. He finds out later that Naruto has two personalities and both are driving him crazy, but for two different reasons.
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or “Lovestoned” by Justin Timberlake or Dir En Grey.
Espionage
 
She grabs the yellow bottle
She likes the way it hits her lips
She gets to the bottom
It sends her on a trip so right
She might be goin' home with me tonight
Gaara gritted his teeth as the music from the guest room next door boomed in his room.
 
She looks like a model
Except she's got a little more ass
Don't even bother
Unless you've got that thing she likes
I hope she's goin' home with me tonight


Those flashing lights come from everywhere
The way they hit her I had to stop and stare
She's got me love stoned
Man I swear she's bad and she knows
I think that she knows
 
The redhead growled as he got up from his bed to move across the room.
 
Never has anyone hated Justin Timberlake with a passion like he did. And its all thanks to that woman he thought bitterly. Of course it wasn't just about the non-stop playing of JT music that annoyed Gaara. It was everything about her that had him cringing somehow. He didn't care how valuable of a Shinobi was, the girl was annoying!
 
`She's an example of why I don't do girls…' Looking through his CD collection, he smirked when he found the one he was looking for. “Two can play this game…” he placed the CD into the player and cranked up the volume. He waited patiently for the sound to come out; he was not disappointed.
 
A few seconds later sound of the guitar started blaring into the room. His nerves started to calm down as the singer began the song.
 
The bands loud, upbeat music and odd, dark lyrics has made Gaara a fan of Dir En Grey for years. Whenever he played their CD's, he always managed to find a song that describe he was feeling at the time. And somehow, the crazy, yet beautiful voice of Kyo manages to sooth him.
 
Gaara mentally patted himself on the back. The atrocious music coming from next door was tuned out by the Japanese Rock band. He redhead lied back down in his bed and stared at his ceiling. Too engrossed staring at the wall, he barely noticed his cell phone ringing. Gaara decided to ignore it, thinking that it wasn't important. And so he continued staring contest. That is, until his phone started ring again.
 
Annoyed, Gaara growled before answering, not even bothering to look at who was calling.
 
“What?”
 
The person chuckled. “Nice to see you've learned manners.”
 
Gaara paused then growled again. He found the remote to his player, pausing the song that just came on. “Why the hell are you calling me?”
 
“Can I not speak to my favorite cousin?”
 
“…”
 
The man on the other side chuckled again. “Don't tell me you're still sour about the whole motorcycle incident? That was almost a year ago!”
 
Gaara could feel a twitch forming. “You wrecked it! That was my favorite bike too.” If Gaara wasn't who he was, he would've pouted. Instead he scowled.
 
“Gomen, Gomen. I'll make it up to you soon, okay. I promise.” Gaara only snorted in annoyance. The stupid jerk… “But that isn't the reason for calling you.” Gaara noticed the serious tone of his cousin. “The elders have been getting on my case lately. They want you back now.”
 
The redhead remained quiet. He had a feeling that they were going to have this conversation again. “For the last time, no. I am on a mission right now and I do not need a bunch of senior citizens distracting me. Besides, you're doing an… adequate job.”
 
“But, I'm not you. And for some reason, they think that a puny runt like you can do better.”
 
A sigh left Gaara lips. This was really too much. It was time like these where he wished he wasn't a Shinobi spy. “My answer is still the same.”
 
“…Your not going to make this easy are you?”
 
“Afraid not.”
 
The man sighed. “Alright. But they are not going to be happy at all.”
 
“They can jump off a fucking building for all I care.” Gaara replied instantly.
 
“You never change. Well, I have to go. I'll will talk to you soon, alright?” Gaara grunted before hanging up.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
The shopping district was crowded and Naruto occasionally bumped into someone while walking. How dumb was he to wait to the last minute to go Christmas shopping! Everything he wanted to buy was sold out!
 
The blond sighed as he looked in the window of a clothing store. Maybe he could buy Sakura something to wear? But then he realized that he did not know his girlfriend's size in…anything. It was not the first time today he realized he didn't know something about Sakura. Did he know anything about her at all?
 
Was their relationship really that serious?
 
Naruto was brought out of his thoughts when the store next door caught his attention. He looked at the sign posted in the window. The light bulb went off in his head as he thought about the day he went to Sasuke's house.
 
: Flashback :
 
“Come in.” Sasuke called out when he heard someone knocking at his door. It opened and revealed Naruto.
 
Naruto took a moment to look at the Uchiha. He was sitting at his desk, his laptop on. Naruto could only assume he was doing homework. He was wearing a pair of grey sweat pants and a dark blue sleeveless shirt. But what surprised the blond the most was the pair of reading glasses he was wearing.
 
He looks almost cute-
 
Naruto blushed. He did not just think that Sasuke looked cute? Just because he just so happened to have a glasses fetish and Sasuke looked absolutely delicious…
 
Gah! I did it again! He is not cute!
 
Sasuke frowned. “What do you want?”
 
The blond narrowed his eyes into a glare, blush now gone. This guy was so infuriating. I can't believe I'm going to even do this! He thought bitterly.
 
“What do you want, dobe?” he repeated, annoyed that Naruto didn't answer.
 
Not cute at all!
 
“I'm not a dobe, you bastard! Anyway, I'm not here to fight with you.” Sasuke raised an eyebrow, showing that he was paying attention. “Jiraiya and me are having a Christmas party at our house. I figured since I'm inviting Neji, Hinata and Kakashi-sensei, I may as well invite you.”
 
Sasuke gave him a long, hard stared before sighing. Naruto wondered what that was about. “What's with the sigh. If you don't want to go, you have to…” Naruto trailed off as he stared at the wall behind Sasuke. Sasuke didn't notice his staring as began typing on his laptop once again.
 
“Whatever, dobe. I'll be there. What day is it?”
 
Naruto came out of his trance. “Um… The day after school lets out.”
 
Sasuke nodded. “Alright. If that's all, you can leave now.”
 
Naruto was about to insult him for being so rude, but he stopped. There was no point getting into a verbal argument. The blond glared at the offensive teenager in front of him before leaving the house.
 
: End Flashback :
 
“The jerk doesn't even deserve a present…” he grumble but despite himself, walked into the shop.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Naruto and Jiraiya stared at the chicken.
 
The chicken stared back with non-existent eyes.
 
Naruto cleared his throat. “Is it supposed to be so…black looking?”
 
Jiraiya shook his head. “Doesn't look like the one I saw on Guy's Big Bite…”
 
“…do you think it's still edible?”
 
“…Try some and see…”
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
“I rather not…”
 
“We suck at this!” both said in unison. All around the kitchen were remnants of poor attempts at cooking for their Christmas party. One would believe a food fight had occurred. Being two bachelors, Jiraiya and Naruto never considered learning how to cook. So when the time came, the kitchen easily resembled a war zone.
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
“I'll call a catering company to deliver.”
 
“We should have done that in the first place…” Naruto mumbled as Jiraiya walked over to the phone book. The blond was about to sit down when he heard the bell ring. “Coming!”
 
He opened the front door, revealing Sakura carrying a bag and a fruit basket. “Hey!” She raised the fruit basket that was in hand. “I brought something for you guys.”
 
Naruto grinned and stepped aside for her to enter. “Hey. Come in. You're a bit early.”
 
“I know. I figured I could help out a bit.”
 
The couple walked inside. While walking into the kitchen, Sakura stopped and stared in astonishment. “What happened here?” She took notice of the aprons resting on the kitchen chairs. “You guys tried to cook, didn't you?”
 
Naruto gave a sheepish grin. “Technically, Jiraiya tried to cook. I only helped.”
 
Sakura sighed and shook her head. She placed the basket onto a clean part of the counter. “Let me put these gifts under the tree and then I help clean this up.” Naruto nodded in agreement and waited for Sakura to come back.
 
A half and hour later, the kitchen was spotless. As Sakura wiped away the last bit of mess on the table, the door bell rung. “I'll get it!” Naruto called out and ran to the door. This time it was Tsunade.
 
“ Hey granny- OW!” he exclaimed and grabbed his throbbing head. Tsunade's forehead twitched in anger.
 
“Didn't I tell you not to call me that?” she growled and pushed the hurt blond aside, entering the house. Naruto began to mumble insults under his breath and was closed the door. However, someone had stopped it from fully closing.
 
“Yo, Naruto! Open up!” The familiar voice barked.
 
Naruto swung the door open. “Kiba! What up?” Naruto looked curiously at the giant wrapped gift in Kiba's arm. “What is that?”
 
The brunette blushed slightly. “It's the gift that I got for Hinata.” He replied, shifting the large package.
 
Naruto stepped aside. “Bigger is better I suppose. Come on in.”
 
After Kiba, Kakashi and Iruka came together, giving Naruto to some suspicion of their relationship. `Make a note to have a talk with Kakashi…' Next, the Temari, Kankuro, Shikamaru, Neji and Ten-ten arrived. Gaara and Lee arrived soon after and the last to come were Hinata and Sasuke.
 
“Good e-evening, N-Naruto.” Hinata greeted the blond, her signature blush in place.
 
“Hey Hinata. Glad you could make it.” He stared at Sasuke who hadn't said anything. “Sasuke-teme.”
 
“Dobe.”
 
The two engaged in a staring contest. After a minute of non-stop glaring, Sasuke began to smirk. Blood rushed to Naruto head the site of the other teenagers smirk and he blinked stupidly. Sasuke smirk grew wider as he walked passed Naruto into the house.
 
Naruto blinked again then suddenly growled. “That bastard.” He mumbled before slamming the door shut.
 
Soon, everyone began to socializing. The grown-ups talked amongst themselves while the teenagers formed their own little groups. They were all gather around as Kiba and Lee had a competition on who could drink an entire glass of eggnog first. Of course, the two only began the competition to impress two very special people; Hinata and Gaara.
 
Naruto and Temari cheered them on, Kankuro was amused, Sakura and Ten-ten frowned in slight disgust, Hinata blushed, Gaara, Neji and Shikamaru looked on indifferently and Sasuke looked bored, but in fact he found the sight entertaining.
 
“Hah! I win!” Kiba shouted victoriously. He wiped the eggnog mustache that formed.
 
“It was a close call, my friend.” Lee countered.
 
“So what? I still won!” Kiba replied back, a huge grin on his face. Before the two could into an argument, Naruto interrupted.
 
“Hey, let's open gifts already!” he chimed, running over to the Christmas tree. Everyone else agreed and followed suit. Once everyone was seated by the tree, gifts were handed out to their rightful owner.
 
“Here you go, Sakura!” Naruto handed her the present. After everything, he still didn't know what to get her. He hoped that he did alright.
 
Grabbing the present, Sakura tore away at the wrapping paper until she was able to see what she was given. Her smile slightly deflated. In her hands was a medical encyclopedia. It had been the expensive one that she has always wanted. However, she was disappointed that it was her boyfriend who gave it her. It's selfish, but she was expecting a little more something romantic instead. She glanced over at Kiba who was handing his present to Hinata. She saw how her face lit up when she opened the present to find a very large stuffed dog with a bow on it. Sakura turned her attention back to Naruto. “Thanks, Naruto. I really appreciate it.”
 
Naruto grinned at her, not noticing Jiraiya and Tsunade sighing and shaking their heads.
 
Sasuke saw the entire gift giving and snorted at the blond's stupidity. Anyone could tell that the pink haired girl did not like the gift as much as she said. Before he could think any further, a small gift was shoved in front of his face. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before staring up. Naruto stood before him, the gift in his hand.
 
“Here.”
 
“…You got me a gift?” Sasuke asked dumbly. Naruto rolled his eyes.
 
“I wouldn't be giving this to you if I didn't. Now open it!”
 
Sasuke wordlessly took the package and began to unwrap it. There was a medium sized velvet box. Curious as to what was inside, he opened it. His eyes widen and he grew speechless. His family crest rested on the cushion, connected to a slim silver chain.
 
“But…how…?”
 
Naruto shrugged, looking away. “When I went into your room the other day, I saw that symbol everywhere; I figured that it was very important to you. I hope that it's correct. I had to remember it off memory.”
 
Sasuke remained silent. Naruto began to fidget. Sasuke was taking way too long to reply. Did he really make a mistake? After a long moment of silence, Naruto opened his mouth to say something, but Sasuke beat him to it.
 
“…Thank you.” Naruto looked at him. “I really like my gift. Thank you.” He gave a little smile. Naruto felt his cheeks begin to burn at the beautiful sight of the normally stoic Uchiha smiling at him.
 
“N-No problem.”
 
Sasuke looked at his present again before closing the lid and placing it in a safe spot under the tree. “Since you got me something, I may as well give you your present.” Sasuke said with a shrug. Naruto attention was gained. Sasuke had actually bought him a gift? “Here.” Sasuke handed the gift to Naruto.
 
When he opened the present a pair of eyes stared back at him. Completely getting rid of the wrapping paper revealed a large frog wallet. “Sasuke…”
 
Afraid that Naruto hated his gift, Sasuke was caught off guard when the blond broke out into a large, bright, smile.
 
“YAY! It's so cool!” Naruto exclaimed, staring at the green frog intently. “I love frogs! Thanks, Sasuke.”
 
Sasuke wanted to blush at the sight of the bright smile coming from the lively blond but managed to refrain. “There's also something inside as well.”
 
Naruto looked at him curiously before opening the flaps. His face lit up like Christmas tree. “It's-it's…” He took out the coupons that were inside. “It's Ichiraku coupons!” he said with awe in his tone.
 
Before Sasuke could blink, Naruto had jumped him, throwing his arms around the Uchiha and embraced him in a tight hug. This time he could not stopped the blush from reaching his face. Secretly, he enjoyed the touch, and wanted it to last a little longer. However, he noticed that everyone was staring at the two. He tugged on the back of the blond's shirt. “Dobe, let go!”
 
Unfortunately, Naruto complied, but the happy grin still remained on his face. “Sorry.”
 
Sasuke shook his head. How could Naruto be so happy about receiving a wallet and some coupons? `Especially since he got me that necklace. Is he really that much of an idiot? Or is he just simple to please?' Sasuke remained in deep thought as the party continued.
 
Meanwhile, Neji had gotten up to go into the kitchen to get more eggnog. He had given everyone their gifts except for one person; Gaara.
 
He had asked Naruto what things the redhead was interested in, but for some reason, he was too nervous to give it to him. After seeing what Kiba gave to Hinata (Although he was not too happy with the dog lover's interest in his cousin) and Naruto's gift to Sasuke (The two didn't even like each other and Sasuke received an amazing gift), Neji lost all courage to give his present to Gaara.
 
“Dammit. I never had this problem with Ten-ten…” he muttered to himself as he poured himself some more eggnog into his cup. “Alright. Once I get out there, I'm going to give it to him.” Neji told himself, determination in his eyes.
 
As he was leaving the kitchen, the redhead he was previously talking about just so happened to be walking in. The two got tried to pass each other but they kept on getting into each other's way.
 
“Sorry.” Neji mumbled when they finally managed to get out of each other's way.
 
“FREEZE YOU TWO!” Everyone in the house paused when Temari shouted out. Neji and Gaara noticed that she was pointing at them. “Look up.” She said smugly.
 
The two pairs of eyes slowly looked up. To their horror, the beautiful poisonous plant known as mistletoe dangled above them. Their eyes came back down to stare at each other. Gaara noticed Neji was a little paler than normal.
 
“You guys know the rule.” Temari chimed. Instantly protests were heard.
 
“No way, Temari! Neji can't kiss Gaara!” Ten-ten argued.
 
“I agree!” Lee added, sounding a little panicky. “Neji and Ten-ten are an item, it would be odd if they were to kiss.”
 
“Calm down you two. A little kiss won't hurt, will it? Besides, we fangirls never miss out on a chance to see some yaoi action!” Temari countered, a smirk appearing on her face.
 
“I don't think-” Neji started.
 
“What are you chicken? I bet you're afraid of a tiny little kiss.” Temari teased, setting a trap. It worked.
 
Both Neji and Gaara's eyes narrowed as they glared at the blonde girl. It was taboo to call a Shinobi a coward; they would never back down from the challenge. And every Shinobi in the room knew this. Some groaned while others shook their head. The two were going to take the bait.
 
Ignoring the pleading looks of Ten-ten and Lee, Neji and Gaara leaned closer until their lips touch. They begin to move their lips against each others gently. The kiss was gently and neither were brave enough the deepen it. After about five seconds, Ten-ten had enough.
 
“You can stop now!” she nearly growled, glaring at the two spies. Gaara and Neji broke apart. They stared at each other before walking in separate ways; Gaara to the Kitchen and Neji back to his seat in the living room. As the brunette walked to his seat, he tried to ignore the whistling and inappropriate sounds. When he sat down beside Ten-ten, he looked at her. She did not look happy at all. I'm in trouble…' he thought as he avoided Ten-ten heated glare.
 
Luckily, the door bell rung to catch everyone's attention. Naruto jumped up and ran to the door, thinking that the food finally arrived. Everyone continued to talk but stopped when they heard Naruto shouting.
 
“What the are you doing here?”
 
It was silent before Naruto appeared back in the living room. “Hey guess who was at our door step?”
 
A person came up from behind him. He casually leaned against the blond, his arm resting on Naruto's shoulder and a lazy grin on his face. The man was tall and had short, wavy, chestnut hair and his eyes were an amber color. “Hey, guys. It's been a while.”
 
Temari and Kankuro popped up from their seats and rushed over the new-comer. “Hey! What are you doing here?” Temari asked smiling.
 
The man shrugged. “I figured I would come visit my family. I got some time off of `work'.” He looked towards the adults and nodded at two in particular. “Jiraiya, Tsunade.” The two nodded back, Tsunade scowling, Jiraiya grinning.
 
The man looked around. “So where is my favorite redhead?” As if on cue, Gaara walked out of the kitchen. He stopped suddenly when he saw who was standing before him.
 
Gaara narrowed his eyebrows. “What the hell are you doing here, Shukaku?”
 
Shukaku's grin grew wider. “I got a gift for you and want to give it to you in person.” He responded.
 
Gaara rolled his eyes. “So where is this fabulous gift that you have to give me?”
 
“Come outside and you'll see.”
 
“No.” Gaara responded without hesitation. Everyone else was silent as the two talked. No one dared to interrupt.
 
“C'mon. Please Gaara.”
 
“Why do I need to go outside?”
 
“Because I can't bring it in here. Just humor me for a second, will you?” the amber eyes pleaded. Gaara remained silent. The ever lively Naruto decided to end the silence.
 
“Hey, I want to take a look!” He exclaimed. Before anyone could say anything, the blond rushed off the front door.
 
“WOAH!” Naruto voice echoed through the hallway into the living room. Gaara's curiosity was getting too great. Shukaku noticed that.
 
“C'mon, Gaara. I know you want to find out what I got you.”
 
“Gaara you gotta see this!” Naruto encouraged.
 
Sighing, the redhead made his way towards the front doors, everyone who was interested in tow. When Gaara reached the front door, Naruto moved out of his way to reveal a brand new motorcycle with a large ribbon on it. It was painted red and black, Gaara's favorite colors and by the looks of it, it was very expensive. To say Gaara was shocked would be an understatement. The Redhead could not find the words to say anything and could only marvel at the new bike in front of him.
 
“I told you that I make it up to you, didn't I?” A voice whispered in his ear. He felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist as he was hugged from behind. “Merry Christmas.” Shukaku mumbled.
 
Gaara closed his eyes. “Idiot, get off of me.” He said with no real malicious better it. Every watch the scene before them with mixed emotions. Most of them knew that Gaara did not like people touching them, but there he was, letting this person hug all over him.
 
Neji frowned. `Are they really cousins? Because I sure as hell don't hug Hinata in such an intimate way!' Neji froze. It sounded almost as if he were jealous. But that was impossible, right?
 
“I bet the elders are having a fit right now.” Kakashi muttered. Neji stood beside him and caught what the older man said. “Why would they?” he asked, making sure to keep his voice down.
 
“Don't you know who he is?” Kakashi asked, a hinted of surprise in his voice.
 
Neji shook his head. Was he supposed to know? `He doesn't look very important to me…'
 
Kakashi sighed at his ignorance. “Kids these days. Don't even know the faces of their superiors.”
 
Neji glared slightly. “What are you trying to say, Kakashi?”
 
Kakashi's eye curved up as he smile mischievously. “I'm trying to say that that guy is the Kazekage.” He chimed, smiling even wider when Neji's eyes grew wide.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
Hey Everyone. I hoped you all had a good Christmas. I'm sorry. I tried to finish this and post it on Christmas, but I couldn't completely it on time. Everyone please forgive me!
 
Also, I have a sneak peek at a new story that I am writing now and I wanted you guys to tell me what you think. The story is about how princess Sakura is kidnapped by Orochimaru and the only one destined to save her and take her hand in marriage is Sasuke. However, prince Naruto, Sakura's brother joins Sasuke on his quest and Sasuke soon begins to fall in love with him.
 
I'm very excited to write this story. However, it won't be posted for a very long time. So I hope you enjoy this little part of it. Here's a part of Screw Prophecies!
 
 
 
 
“Thank you very much.” I said in my business tone, shaking the hand of my customer. After saying goodbye, I turned around to leave this village to return back home. I sighed at the thought of traveling. Sure, Konoha was only twenty minutes away on horse back, but I hated leaving my shop without anyone there. Considering that I am the only worker there, if I leave for the day, I lose business and that isn't good at all.
 
Finally reaching the large city, I make my way through the bustling roads. I hate the city. There were just too many people and not enough space. It gets annoying when you can't even walk down the street without bumping into someone or something. But I stay here because I am one of the best known blacksmith in the city. Even though I am only 19 and run a business single-handedly, I've been able to live comfortable with the money I receive.
 
“Sasuke!” I winced as I heard my name being squealed. I tried to ignore it, but the shrilling persisted until the girls finally caught up. “Sasuke! How are you?” one asked, fluttering her eyelashes at me.
 
“Hn.” Is my reply. It is always my reply, but for some reason, that is enough of a response for girls to continue talking. So stupid.
 
“Have you heard about what happened at the castle, Sasuke?” the girl didn't even give me time to reply, not that I was going to. “The princess had been kidnapped. And part of the castle had been destroyed too. Isn't that awful!”
 
“Very.” I replied, no sadness in my tone. What do I care if the princess had been kidnapped. It's not like she's going to take the thrown. And if a war starts, I'll just move. See, no concern for me. “Excuse me but I have to get to work.” I said as politely as possible towards the group of fangirls as everyone calls them. I ignored the disappointed noises that they made and made me way to my shop.
 
About to pull out the key to unlock the door, I noticed that it was already open. I looked around the streets; no one seemed to have been part of this. Hesitantly, I slowly pushed the door open, pulling out a dagger placed on my side. I walked into the darken room, noticing no changes. All the weapons seemed to be in their rightful place and there was no mess whatsoever. “If it was a thief, they did a poor job.” I snorted before sheathing my dagger.
 
The door I left open sudden shut and I twirled around in alarm. There was no light so I was unable to make out the figure that standing near the entrance.
 
“You must be Sasuke Uchiha.”