Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Espionage ❯ Pleasure and Pain part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Sasuke is a spy for Shinobi Inc. and is sent to guard the #1 hyperactive blond of Konoha High School, Naruto Uzumaki. He finds out later that Naruto has two personalities and both are driving him crazy, but for two different reasons.
Shukaku is a bit OOC in this story, but I had to make him that way. So if that annoys someone, sorry.
Espionage
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Painpt 1
“Hey Gaara!”
“…”
“Don't mind me, just trying to get comfortable.”
“…”
“Hey, you feel like doing something. We can go to the movies or go out to dinner. It'd be just like a date!”
“…” twitch.
“What's wrong with your eye?”
Gaara remained silent and attempted to keep control of the little patience that he had. He was a Shinobi for Christ sake! Nothing like this should make him lose his temper. `Even if it is annoying, overly-obsessive, older cousins…'
The redhead took a deep breath. “Shukaku, why are you in my room, on my bed?”
Shukaku indeed was on Gaara bed, lying down while staring at one of Gaara's many CDs cases. (It was Gackt's Redemption CD if you must known and just so happened to be the gift he received from Neji. He almost blushed at the remembrance of the brunette.) The chestnut haired man grinned.
“I've decided that we need to bond a little more. I know that we haven't been on good terms in the past,” Shukaku noticed Gaara slightly flinch “but I want to make things right between us. I'll be like the brother you never had!” Gaara rolled his eyes.
“Idiot. I already have a brother. Or have you forgotten Kankuro?”
Shukaku blinked dumbly and actually thought about it. “Oh yeah…” Honestly, how dumb could a person be? “Well consider it bonding between an old kazekage and the future one!”
The atmosphere in the room grew quite tense and instantly, Shukaku knew he said something he shouldn't have. The two remained silent before Gaara spoke up. “Shukaku, for the last time, I'm not becoming Kazekage, no matter how much you or the elders or anyone else wants me to.”
Shukaku sighed. Swinging his legs off the bed, he stood and walked over to where Gaara stood. The redhead remained in his spot, watching the other approach.
“Gaara,” he started, standing next to the boy. “In all honesty, you're about one of the greatest Shinobi that has ever joined the Suna division. Don't let the resentment of your father cause you to turn away from becoming kazekage.”
Gaara felt his blood begin to boil. How dare this person in front of him preach to him as if he were some type of saint! “Well fucking excuse me for being tormented for half my life by him and those damn elders! It's a little hard to forgive when thought of as only an experiment. Of course, you loved to torture me before then, didn't you? I made the perfect little punching bag for you.” Gaara's voice began to grow louder, but suddenly turned almost whisper-like, full of malice. “So before you talk about forgiving others, you should consider if you've earn it yourself.”
And with that, Gaara stormed out of his room, leaving a silent Shukaku behind.
Gaara practically stomped into the living room, taking a seat in the arm chair. He hunched his upper body over, his elbows on top of his knees and his head resting on tightly balled fists. He needed to cool down. He was seriously considering hurting someone might now and needed to control himself before he did anything he would regret. `Just calm down, Sabaku. No need to get yourself worked up. It was just Shukaku being his normal, stupid self.' Just as he felt his anger began to fade away, a presence made itself known.
“Gaara?”
Said redhead looked up to see Ten-ten standing at the entrance of the room. `Oh joy…' he thought bitterly. “Yes?”
She gave a weak smile as she walked farther into the room, hands clasped behind her. “How are you today?”
Gaara raised an invisible brow. What was this girl up to? “It's been pretty shitty, but I can't really complain.” Ah, such subtly, Gaara…
Ten-tem smile grew a little wider. “I'm sorry to hear that. But it's winter break, I'm sure things can't go too wrong. Right?”
`Not with Shukaku or you around… “Yeah…listen, you probably don't like me and I sure as hell dislike you, so why don't you cut the sweet girl act and tell me what you want.” Gaara really didn't have the patience to participate in small talk with this girl.
Instantly, the smile on Ten-ten's face formed into a scowl. “Yeah, you're right, I don't like you. You rude, obnoxious and always have something smart to say.”
“Aw, you're, making me blush.” the redhead replied dryly.
Ten-ten ignore him and continued. “But that's not the reason I'm talking to you right now.”
“And what is?”
“I want you to stay away from Neji.”
That caught Gaara's attention. “Excuse me?” He must have heard wrong.
“Stay away from Neji.” Or not. “You may think that I'm just a stupid girl who knows nothing, but remember that I'm a Shinobi as well and I could immediately tell you were attracted to him. So I'm telling you for his sake and yours get over him and find someone else.”
Gaara wasn't sure if he was amused or angered by the girl's request. “Hn. Do you honestly believe that I'll stay away just because you told me to? You're dumber than I thought you were.”
Ten-ten's face scrunched up in fury. “Listen you little brat! I don't care if you're related to the Kazekage; do not interfere with other people's relationships just because you began to get a little crush. Neji and I have been dating for over two years now and I'll be damned if I see an attention seeking, slut like you ruin that. Neji isn't even gay!”
“Then maybe you just forgot that little kiss we share at the Christmas party. But I guess it wasn't so little, was it?” he licked his lips then smirked when he saw the raw anger radiating off of the teenage girl. “I can still feel his lips on mine,”
“You bastard-”
“Just like that other time.”
Ten-ten froze. That other time. “What are you talking about?” Gaara continued to smirk. He got up and instead of answering her, he walked right past her. “Hey wait!” she called out for him, but Gaara ignored her shouts and made his way the front door.
For the second time in less than fifteen minutes, Gaara felt true anger. He needed to get out of the house. Grabbing his helmet, he yanked the door open, slamming it shut on his way out. He looked at his motorcycle sitting in the driveway, as if waiting for him to get on.
He mounted the new bike and put on his helmet. In no time, he zipped down the street, just vaguely catching a glimpse of Ten-ten in his rear-view mirror. `that bitch…'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Naruto walked up the stairs of his school feeling refreshed and rested from his long winter break. He did have fun while out of school, however it was quickly getting boring staying in the house all the time.
He noticed Gaara standing at the entrance of school. Naruto and Gaara promised to always meet each other at the front entrance of the school so that they can go in together. With the large grin possible, Naruto ran up to his best friend. “Hey Gaara! What's up?”
The blond's grin faded slightly. It was only close up could he see the not so pleasant glare Gaara was giving. Something must be wrong.
Nothing. Lets go inside.” The red head said calmly. However, Naruto could sense his anger. Not wanting to make the situation worse, Naruto smartly kept his mouth shut.
He followed Gaara into the school, wondering what was wrong with his friend. Although the redhead was known for his foul attitude, he rarely acted so cold to Naruto (Unless of course it was Naruto fault to begin with).
`Maybe Gaara is angry at me.' He thought. `But I haven't even done anything!'
“Hey, Gaara…”
“What is it?” Gaara snapped, not looking back at his best friend.
“Did…did I do something wrong?”
Gaara finally stopped to look at the blond. “What? Why would you say that?” he asked confusion noticeable in his tone. He saw the hurt look that Naruto had on his face.
“You seem very angry with me.” He explained. Gaara wanted to kick himself for acting that way towards his best friend. It wasn't Naruto's fault that Gaara's break was absolutely horrible.
The red head gave a small sigh. “Sorry.” He mumbled. “It's been a little rough these past few days.”
Naruto's sadness quickly disappeared into relief. However he still did not know what exactly was wrong with Gaara. Most of the years that Naruto had known the redhead, Gaara had always been passive and only when getting into fights did his mood change. Something must be incredibly wrong to have Gaara so angry. “So, what's with the angry vibes?”
Before Gaara could answer, the warning bell rung, informing students that class would start in a few minutes. “I have to go. I'll see you next period.” The teal-eyed teenage began to walk away without answering the question.
“Gaara, wait!”
But he had already disappeared into the crowd of teenagers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gaara sat down at his desk, wondering if he should tell Naruto what was wrong with him. It wasn't as if the situation was a major problem; Gaara's pride just got in the way of telling the truth.
He looked around the history class and saw most of his classmates talking to each other. He, of course was sitting by himself. He wasn't much of a social butterfly, if you haven't noticed yet. As he glanced around the room, he saw the last person he wished would spontaneously burst into flames.
God really did have a sick sense of humor, putting that JT obsessed girl, otherwise known as Ten-ten, into the same class as both Gaara and Neji.
He cringed when he heard her giggling all the way from the other side of the room, laughing at whatever Neji had said. The redhead, focused his attention on the tall brunette. Ever since the Christmas party, neither have spoken to each other. Even with Gaara and Ten-ten living in the same house, Neji had always managed to avoid him, which pissed Gaara off. So what if he didn't know what he planned on talking to him about; it was the fact that he was being ignored and avoided.
Knocked out of his train of thought, Gaara noticed the glare directed towards him by none other than said brunette's girlfriend. If Gaara had any eyebrows, he would've raised them at the audacity of the girl to actually glare at him. Him! She even threatened him. Even after he left the house and came back after cooling his head, the glares and snide remarks continued each day. Of course, Gaara retaliated ten-fold and still refused to tell her about their first kiss. But even after beating Ten-ten in verbal fights, he felt defeated.
Sure he absolutely enraged her when mentioning that he kissed Neji once before (he especially loved the `fish gasping for air' impersonation), but he could not deny that he was actually feeling… jealous. Jealous that even after sharing two kisses, the older spy was still with the whore-bag.
He glared in their general direction when Ten-ten began to start her loud, obnoxious giggling again.
No. He couldn't tell Naruto that he was jealous over some stupid girl. He couldn't tell him that he was still in love with Neji.
- - - - - - - - -
I just have to say I am so sorry that this is late. I went to Japan for 6 weeks and never updated. Being slow on chapters is usual for me, but I actually had this before I left. And it's not even the full chapter. I had to break it down because I had no time to finish the entire thing. So once again, sorry for my forgetfulness.