Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ HitMan (ItaNaru SasuNaru) ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
For the new readers hello my name is yaoi-san! It is very nice to meet you. Please sit back and enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own (or want to own) Naruto or any of his characters.

Parings:ItachixNaruto, SasukexNaruto, KakaNaru, NejiNaru, OroNaru and much more!

Genre: Action/angst/tragedy/ and a hint of supernatural.

Warnings: Blood, gore action and lots of violence. Not for the easily offended.

Hitman STAGE I

Prologue: The Beginning

“Please,” the cowering man begged. “Please don’t kill me! I have a wife and kid!”

The tall dark figure standing over the sobbing man looked impassive. His long raven-colored hair was tied up in a pony tail and his eyes were blood-red, making him look, for all intents and purposes, a demon from Hell. He was dressed in a white vest and an ankle-length black leather cloak. In his left hand he held an unused knife.

“I-I have money, I can pay you…is that it? Is that what you want?” The man began to fumble in his pockets dropping his lose change on the wooden floor.

The raven-haired man smirked; he always loved to give his victims time to scream and beg for their lives: the rush it gave him was what he lived for, really. He enjoyed the sound his knife made when it entered their throat and the snapping of the neck that followed. And that’s exactly what he did.

The body collapsed on the floor, arterial spray splattering across the walls. The killer took a step back, watching the red substance soak in the floor. He hadn’t noticed it before, but there was a woman carrying a small child in her arms, standing wide-eyed with shock in the corner of the room.

“You saw every thing, didn’t you?” the killer asked voice cold, but mild.

The woman didn’t say anything. She just looked at the body of her dead husband lying face down in her living room floor. This is a nightmare, she thought. I’m asleep in my bed right? This isn’t real, right? She turned her questions to God. It was no use, of course, God wasn’t around; He was never around. He’d turned his back on humanity never cared about us in the first place.

The unknown killer walked up to the woman. She could see his face clearly now as he had stepped out of the shadows. The pale man looked at her, his blood red eyes showed no traces of human emotion.

“You where suppose to be at your sisters house till four pm. next week,” he informed her, meaning he knew their habits and plans. It obviously wasn’t just a spur-of the-moment murder.

“I-I decided to come home early.”

“I see.”

“Are you going to kill me?”

“Yes.”

She looked down at the child in her arms, and then said calmly: “Go ahead and kill me, but please, let my baby go, she doesn’t know anything.”

The killer didn’t move. He wanted her to fight, to protect her child from him—a cold-blooded murderer. She did nether, which puzzled the man. He had never expected this to happen.

“I’m sorry, I can’t do that.”

“Well, before you do kill us…Can I at lest know your name?”

The killer wiped his knife clean on his pant leg, before taking out a gun from his back pocket. He loaded it with five bullets, just in case she did decide to run.

Then he pointed the gun at her forehead allowing the reality to sink in. She never moved.

“Uchiha Itachi.”

“Well Itachi-san,” she said slowly. “I forgive you.”

There was a volley of loud bangs as five gun shots echoed throughout the dead man’s house.

-ooo-

Naruto’s stomach grumbled. He hated the winter: it was the hardest time to get food in the big city, not that it was ever particularly easy. He walked down towards the shopping center, just to look at the food, and breathe in the smell of it. He could pretend he had to go shopping for Iruka, just like he used to in the good old days.

He stopped and stared at a little girl, about half his age, begging people for money. She had short pink hair and a broad forehead; she wore a dirty wrinkled red dress. It was obvious that she was new on the streets.

In the year 2098, America is the poorest country in the world. Naruto has stopped being affected by the atrocities he sees in the streets around him. Every day hundreds of people starved and died. It had become an all too common sight to see dead or staring children on the street corners and in the gutters. The government (if you could call it that) didn’t give a damn about its poor people and left them to rot where they lay. Mostly, people seemed to believe that it all started after world war three, when America lost—badly—and had to give over all power to the enemy nations. Once all the resources had been mined and taken, the enemy moved out of America leaving nothing of use behind for the population to survive on. Twenty years had passed since then and things had only gone from bad to worse.

Naruto had been an orphan for as long as he could remember, but he was one of the few lucky ones who had someone to care for him. His self-appointed caretaker was a middle-aged man by the name of Iruka. Naruto knew the story by heart of how Iruka had found him on a dirty blanket by a dumpster in the ally way, barely alive. Iruka had taken the four-year-old boy in, but it would be a whole year before the blonde child could learn to trust him. When the wall between them was finally torn down they became family and best friends.

But as with all things, nothing could last forever, no matter how good, or how much someone wanted it to. Iruka, the only person who had ever acknowledged Naruto’s existence, had been killed by a car five years ago, leaving Naruto to fend for himself in the world.

The twelve-year-old boy walked to where the young pink hared girl was sitting and asked:

“Hey kid, what are you doing?”

“That lady saided that I needed moneys to buy food.”

The girl pointed at a food cart that had sandwiches and warm fresh baked muffins. “Mommy loves making muffins in the winter and—”

“Where’s your mommy now?” Naruto asked as kindly as he could.

The girls smile faded. “My daddy said she went to heaven, I don’t know where that is, do you?” Naruto shook his head. “I want to bring her back!” the pink-haired girl suddenly began to cry. “I want my mommy!”

Naruto couldn’t help but feel bad for the girl: it was the same for a lot of the kids on the streets. One parent dies the other ends up dumping the child at the park ‘forgetting’ them.

“Um….What’s your name?”

“Sakura! My name means cherry blossoms in Japanese! My mommy loved cherry blossoms so she named me Sakura!” she chirped happily. “And you?”

“Naruto.”

This could be a mistake, this girl talks too much, Naruto thought to himself. “Well Sakura, I got to go. It was nice meeting you!” I dont have time to talk Sasuke is going to kill me for being late.

The girl grabbed hold of Naruto’s dirty orange jacket, her green eyes silently pleading with him. “Don’t leave me alone!”

The blonde boy sighed. “What if I show you how to get a muffin for free?”

The girl let go, looking wide-eyed and hopeful. “Really? For free?”

“Yeah, you’ll just have to keep watch for me, ok?”

Sakura nodded her head, and watched while Naruto walked over to the food cart. The owner seemed busy talking to a customer. Perfect! The boy reached his arm out and took the warm banana-nut muffin in his hand and walked away. But today wasn’t Naruto’s day, the owner saw him from the corner of his eye and he grabbed onto the boy’s wrist, hard.

“You little shit, do you think you can steal from me?”

“I-m sorry! I won’t do it again! I swear! ”

The old man was about to strike the boy when a hand stopped him.

“I told the boy to get me the muffin.” A tall man with black, shoulder-length hair, pale skin and golden eyes in an expensive purple tuxedo looked at the blonde boy.

“Mr. Orochimaru, sir! I-I'm very sorry, sir, I didn’t know.”

"Now you do."

Orochimaru paid for the muffin and went on his way. But before he left he looked over his shoulder at Naruto and smiled cruelly.

Shit, now I’m going to pay for this later, Naruto cursed. Damn you Orochimaru!

Naruto ran over to Sakura who was sitting on the curb watching the cars go by. So much for keeping watch. He smiled and handed the steaming muffin to her. She took it gleefully and shoved it into her mouth. When she was done she smiled toothily at Naruto.

“Thank you, Naruto-niisan.”

Sakura turned around and looked at Naruto. He seemed sad.

“Nii-san, who was that snake-man?”

“Heh…He’s my boss.”

-ooo-

"Yesterday Mr. and Ms. Vizcarra where tragically murdered last night in their home. The police believe it to have been a robbery, as all of the valuables where taken."

“It was horrible sight,” one of the police officers said. “The husband was stabbed while his wife and three-month-old child were found shot multiple times in the head. How could any one do this, they po—”

Click.

“You did your job well Itachi,” Orochimaru sat at his desk. “I will be looking forward to doing business with you again.”

Itachi glared at him from the shadows, never moving from his spot.

“The money,” he demanded coldly.

“Ah, but of course. The money is in the suitcase by my desk, fifteen-thousand in cash just like we bargained.”

To be continued… Review :D
Return to Top