Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ HitMan (ItaNaru SasuNaru) ❯ Chapter ONE ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
-Chapter One-

“It’s Sakura-Chan! C-h-a-n! Sakura-Chan! Get it right, Naruto-nii-san!”

“But I don’t really see the point of honorifics!” Naruto said, sounding exasperated. Both of his hands where full with a big tub of sudsy water. The sun was shining through the window and Naruto could hear the birds chirping outside in the garden.

“It’s a sign of respect; my mommy said that if people was more respectful, this world would be a better place, Sasuke-kun would know what I mean”

Naruto grinned. As much a he hated to admit it, he had grown attached to the five-year-old girl. She was like the annoying little sister he’d never had. Everyone in the whore-house called Sakura ‘ducky’ because every where Naruto went she followed right behind him. The blonde boy didn’t mind; he enjoyed it, really: he felt like she needed him. It was nice, being needed.

They walked down through the halls, doing their best not to drop the big basin of soapy water on the floor.

“Ok, Sakura-chan! I want you to clean the floors and I’ll take care of everything else.”

Three weeks, Naruto thought. Since I went on my hands and knees and begged Orochimaru to let Sakura work here in the red light district.

-Two weeks earlier-

“Please, Orochimaru! I promise that Sakura will work hard for you! Just let her live here with me and—”

“This is not a goddamn daycare, Naruto. This is a whore house: a profitable business. If it wasn’t for Sasuke I wouldn’t even have you working here. You should be grateful for that.”

Naruto bowed his head lower. "I’ll work two weeks for free…just, please! Please don’t make me toss her out.”

Orochimaru’s office was a large room, beautifully decorated with plants and flowers in every corner. A few feet above his desk, on the wall behind him was what he called his ‘work of Art’: a giant portrait of himself sitting in a large overstuffed chair with a snake around his shoulders. He rested his hands on his knees, looking the boy up and down. Then he smiled.

“I think there is a way for you to change my mind, Naruto.”

“Really? I promise to have this place shining! I will clean this building so well that you’ll be able to see your reflection in the floors! You won’t regret it Mr. Orochimaru, sir!” Naruto told him, bouncing on the balls o his feet.

The snake-like boss sighed, “I’m not talking about cleaning Naruto. What I really want is for you to--”

“Get off the floor, Naruto. I’ll talk to Orochimaru about Sakura”

“Ah, Sasuke-kun. I didn’t see you come in.”

Sasuke stood at the doorway. He wore his usual long blue kimono that dragged on the floor. Naruto stood up, nodded and trotted obediently out the door. If anyone could talk Orochimaru into anything, it was Sasuke.

Once Naruto was out of sight, Sasuke untied his obi and let his kimono fall to the ground. He stood in all his nude glory, proud and arrogant in the face of Orochimaru’s roving gaze.

“Why are you willing to go so far…just for that Naruto kid? Really, what exactly is that boy to you?”

“I told you a million times before, he is my lover.”

The bone cracking laugh sent a cold shiver of disgust and fear down Sasuke’s naked spine.

“I think there’s something you fail to understand about all this: you are a working whore. You don’t get the satisfaction of having a lover. Without me you would still be out on the streets giving blowjobs for petty cash and digging moldy sandwiches out of the trash.”

The snake-faced man slid one long finger over the planes of Sasuke’s naked shoulders.

“Before you brought that boy to me, he was a pickpocket. He even stole from you, and yet you still brought him here. You’ve only known the boy for two short years and yet you clam to love him? And now you want me to watch yet another brat?”

Sasuke stood still while Orochimaru violated his body with his long fingers. The snake man leaned closer to whisper in Sasuke’s ear, his hand cupping the boy’s jaw. “You won’t be able to protect that boy for long; he will work here, sooner or later. And I’ll tell you right now, I’m going to be his first costumer.”

Sasuke smacked Orochimaru’s hand away, glaring at the man. “That won’t happen. Not while I’m still alive.”

-ooo-

After the long day of cleaning and scrubbing the marble floors of the whore-house, Sakura fell asleep next to Naruto on the blanket in Ni-san’s room. Sakura was sound asleep dreaming of ponies and lollypops or whatever five year old girls dream about. Naruto, however, was tossing and turning. Dreams are always made more real when a person’s guilt is strong enough to devour them.

Naruto found himself standing a cemetery, amongst hundreds of grave stones. Iruka’s gave stone was plain: nothing more than a name scribbled on a rock. At the time the little boy had no money and couldn't afford to buy a proper grave stone with an angel or something special. All he wanted was the best for Iruka.

It was the same as the day Iruka was buried. Naruto was dressed in black, the color of mourning and death. The old sadness came over him again.

Iruka…

It seemed for a moment that all time stood still. In a blink of an eye, the grey clouds turned red and the blue sky bled black.

What the hell? It was then that a partially-rotten hand clawed it way out of Iruka’s grave, pulling up clots of dirt and sod. Naruto stepped back. What the fuck?

Bodies all around the cemetery pulled them selves free from their resting places, and turned their blind dead eyes to stare accusingly at Naruto. Then Iruka, the man Naruto loved like a father, stood before him. His body was moldering and decomposed, Naruto could see his bones through his rotten gray flesh. The smell was terrible, it invaded all his senses until he thought he choke on the taste of it. His flesh and muscle tissue was literally falling away from his bones, chunks of it landing with soft ‘splat’s on the soft earth. Maggots and worms made ate at his insides, forever crawling from inside his body.

“Why Naruto? I thought I meant the world to you? Why did you let me die? How could you do this to me? I loved you…”

“I didn’t mean…it wasn’t my fault.” The dead thing that had once been Iruka moved closer, his boney hand stretched out to the trembling boy.

“It was your fault. You could have saved me Naruto…instead you let me die! You don’t deserve happiness. It was who you who should have died! I hope you burn in Hell, you little bastard!”

“No, Iruka! Please! It wasn’t my fault!”

Iruka’s cold carcass moved toward the blue eyed boy, his skeleton arm slowly snaking out, boney half-rotten hands clenching around his neck, meaning to choke the air out of him.

“Stop it, Iruka! Iruka!”

IRUKA!

Naruto woke up with a start; he was sweaty, breathing heavily and shaking uncontrollably.

That was one hell of a nightmare.

Naruto looked at the door and saw that the light was on in Sasuke’s room. He got up slowly, so he wouldn’t wake up Sakura, and then he tiptoed into Sasuke’s room so he could snuggle up against the black-haired boy. Sasuke leaned over and turned on the bed lamp light.

“Naruto? What are you--” Naruto rested his head on Sasuke’s chest and pressed his lips against the young prostitute’s soft cheeks.

“Did you have that nightmare again?”

Naruto ignored him.

“I love you Sasuke.” The blue eyed boy said calmly. Naruto knew he loved Iruka but the love he felt for Sasuke was completely different.

Sasuke blushed and gently playfully pushed Naruto away. “Usuratonkachi.”

Sasuke may have been experienced but he never went far with the boy. One day when he felt the time was right, Sasuke would take Naruto into his arms and make love to him, but not yet, Naruto wasn’t ready to do that yet. He was too young. It had never gone past kissing and hugging.

“It’s true! I love you so much! When I get old enough I’m going to take you away from this horrible place! You, me, and Sakura-chan! You’ll never have to work again! We’ll all live in a nice home by the sea. It will be perfect!” The tanned boy with sunflower hair jumped on the Sasuke’s bed.

A small voice from the end of the room chose this time to speak up: “M-me too?”

“Sakura-chan! I’m sorry, did I wake you up?”

Sakura shook her head. “I never went to the sea before... has Sasuke-kun and Naruto-nii-san?

Naruto walked up to Sakura and placed his hand on her head. “I have been once ….with Iruka it was so much fun! The only thing I hated about it was that the sand got in my underwear and food…but everything else was really great!

“Really? Will we go? I can’t wait!”

Sasuke watched them. It seemed that Naruto's smile always made the whole room light up. And Sasuke was glad that Naruto found Sakura when he did. She hadn’t around for long, but she was already family.

-ooo-

He lived in a small house on the east of town. There was only one bedroom with one bath; he kept no furniture except for his dirty mattress, which lay by itself on the floor. The walls where filthy: covered almost entirely in old graffiti, every window in the house was broken and boarded up with planks of wood so the sun would never enter.

This was home to the cold blooded killer Itachi.

The phone rang, shrill and irritating in the silence of the house. Itachi sat up on the mattress and extended his arm to grab the phone. It rang twice more before he bothered to actually pick it up.

He said nothing into the receiver upon lifting it to his ear, but his breathing seemed to alert the person on the other end that he was listening.

"You have another job: 101 D Lamer Avenue…meet me there tomorrow night at twelve for more details."

“Got it.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask you...what did you do with the money you got from Orochimaru?”

Itachi looked at the big crate labeled in black stencil letters that took up half of his living room space.

“Nothing much, just some new toys to play with.”

-ooo-

Itachi waited at the old abandoned parking lot at 101v Lamer Avenue. It was filled with broken beer bottles, trash and the rusted-out frames of ancient cars. It was the best place to talk about business with clients because no one was ever around except the occasional drunken bum here and there. It was now 12:05 and Itachi was still waiting for Kisame—his hired assistant who would get him his new jobs.

Finally Itachi heard two sets of footsteps approaching that echoed across the vast parking lot. Two sets of footsteps meant that Kisame had brought someone with him or that someone was following him. Once the two figures where in sight Itachi pulled out his hand gun and aimed it at a tall man standing just behind Kisame.

“Wait, Itachi! This is the guy who wants to hire you!” Kisame put his arms up, as if to shield the stranger standing behind him. “Don’t shoot him!”

Itachi eyed the stranger warily; he had short messy, silver hair and a black eye patch that covered his left eye. The man was dressed fairly well in a suit and a tie; meaning that he had money. Itachi never lowered his gun.

“You know the rules, Kisame. Why did you bring him?”

“I know! Never bring anyone to our ‘secret’ meeting place, but he said he wouldn’t do business with us unless he met you in person!”

Itachi frowned then pointed his gun towards Kisame’s feet. He shot off four bullets making the poor guy hop on one leg in order to avoid being shot in the foot.

Their guest, however, stood patently, watching as Itachi made Kisame dance.

“Make me wait again and I’ll kill you,” Itachi informed Kisame, a low growl in his voice.

“But it wasn’t my fault! It was him!” Kisame sobbed, sounding panicked and pointed to the stranger.

The sliver haired man smiled and took this statement as his cue to speak to the red-eyed killer.

“Your name is Uchiha Itachi one of the best hit-men in all of the US. I did some research on you. In the Second Great Depression at the age of twelve you killed your entire family for a lousy hundred dollars.” Itachi stood still showing no emotion to what the man was saying. “You’re a heartless man, Uchiha, and I admire that.”

“You know a lot about me, …I didn’t catch your name.”

“My name?” The man stroked his chin as if he had forgotten or lost it some where. “It’s Hatake Kakashi.”

TO BE CONTINUED...
Tell me what you think and review~