Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Little Spark: Intro to Fire Hound ❯ I Become...Father? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Spark: Intro to Fire Hound

Act I: The Making of a Little Spark

Chapter 4: I Become…Father?


Deep in the woods, just 3 miles from the Inn where the unsuspecting beauty queen slumbered, the 6 shinobi made their way through the dark woods with great stealth. The leader, a tall man with a scruffy, brown beard and sideburns stopped in a clearing. His men stopped with him; 3 were clean-shaven, while the other two sported whiskers similar to their leader, only thinner, more kept and black. They all lifted their heads suspiciously.

What’s the matter?” One of the clean-shaven men questioned. “Why did we stop?”

Shh!” The leader demanded. “I hear something…”

The men listened intently. Sure enough, a clear ‘clip-clop’ sound could be heard in the distance. The men squinted their eyes through the darkness. Suddenly, between two trees, a big black horse appeared. It stopped and stared at the men. One of the bearded ones pointed to the massive equine.

It’s a horse.” He stated the obvious.

It hasn’t got a rider.” Another bearded man said.

Should we catch it?” The youngest shaven guy asked.

It is a nice looking horse.” Another shorn man gawked. “It’ll be worth a lot of money.”

Hey, isn't our current task embarrassing enough?” The leader snapped. "I'll be damned if we're gonna stop to play with a pretty pony, too!"

Want me to take care of it, Atsuko-sama?” The youngest man asked, hoping to get in his boss’s good graces.

Well, alright, Toshio. But don’t make a whole lot of noise doing it.”

Toshio smiled wickedly and pulled out a kunai knife. “Don’t worry boss. It will be quick and silent.”

Atsuko grinned, quite pleased with his troops’ cold-heartedness.

Wanting to show off to his fellow teammates, the boy covered his eyes with one hand and positioned the knife in the other. “Right between the eyes…blindfolded!” He predicted.

The men leaned forward eagerly, thirsty for the demise of the big black distraction. Toshio let the knife fly.

The horse lifted his head high to get a better view of the threat that was zipping towards him. At the very last possible moment, the horse whirled and gave a single buck, bringing one of his hind legs high in the air. The knife made contact with the horses’ shoe, ricocheting off of it with great force and causing the knife to flip it’s pointy end towards the squad. With incredible speed, the knife flew through the darkness. It went straight through the Toshio’s hand and burrowed deeply between his eyes, stabbing him in the brain and causing instant death. His squad watched in horror as he fell to his knees, then tumbled backwards, blood oozing from the wound.

The men were terrified and sickened by the horrific sight. They slowly turned back to the horse, whose eyes burned an angry red. Ears pinned, the horse reared and let out a roaring neigh. Then, it charged; tearing up the ground as its powerful haunches thrust it forward with breakneck speed.

Let’s get the hell out of here!” On of the shaven men shouted.

The others were quick to follow, but Atsuko insisted that they stay.

You cowards aren’t going anywhere, got it? We have a job to do, and I’m not about to let some lousy horse get in the way! Show some backbone! You’re a bunch of elite ninjas for pity’s sake! Kill it!”

One of the bearded men stepped forward, pulling out a handful of shuriken.

He’s right! Let’s send this old nag to the glue factory!” He shouted as he released the 8 deadly stars directly at the oncoming horse.

They watched in awe as the stallion leapt into the sky, dodging two of the stars. Then, in midair, he twisted his body, his legs pointing to the sky for a moment as 4 shuriken swept by, inches from the horses’ knees. It flipped itself right-side up just before landing, then ducking low to the ground as the final two stars zipped over his head. Picking itself up, the horse ran directly at the man who attacked him. Once upon him, the stallion lifted his haunches and lashed out with his back hooves again; the man leaned back in an attempt to evade the powerful kick. He couldn’t help but grin as he saw the horses’ hoof come just inches from his neck. But his grin quickly turned into a frown as a blade concealed in the horses’ shoe sprung out and slid across his neck with one quick swipe. Blood squirted from the deep wound, and then man fell back, bleeding to death.

Even Atsuko was afraid now. “What the hell kind of horse is this?”

Suddenly, a second horse came crashing to the ground from the treetops. It reared up, and struck out with its front hoof. A kunai knife shot out from the center of the hoof and landed neatly into one of the clean-shaven men’s spine. He fell forward, dead instantly. The leader and the last shaven man stepped back fearfully. But one of the bearded men; the second in command, tore his sword from its sheath.

I’ve had just about enough of this!” He shouted, burying the sword in the new horses’ shoulder.

The horse squealed as though it were in a ton of pain, but then, in a puff of smoke, it was gone; a ninja dressed in black with a hood over his head appeared, hunched over on one knee, gripping the sword tightly.

It’s a guy!” The shorn man shouted.

It’s not just any guy.” Atsuko whispered, recognizing the masked shinobi immediately. “It’s The Black Ninja. I’ve heard of him. Also known as the Mounted Black Ninja or the Ninja Knight. He’s known for his quick kills. He rarely uses his own weapons to slay his enemies. He prefers killing people with their own weapons. Ryuji, get out of there, you fool!” He tried calling to his teammate.

The second-in-command known as Ryuji didn’t happen to hear Atsuko’s warning, and stepped towards the fallen ninja proudly. He looked down on him and laughed.

So much for your little ambush.” He chuckled.

The black ninja tilted his head slightly and looked at the sword. It had gone over his shoulder and sat nicely in the crook of his armor. He then lifted his to look up at the man who stood over him victoriously.

What? Not dead yet?” Ryuji questioned as he unsheathed a second sword. “Why don’t I just take your head off?”

Good idea.” The Black Ninja answered with a mechanical-sounding voice.

In a flash, he stood up straight and whipped the knife from his shoulder. He swung it hard across Ryuji’s neck, causing the severed head to fly right towards the 2 remaining assassins.

I can’t take anymore of this! I’m outta here!” The shaven man hopped away into the trees.

Right behind you!” Atsuko called, leaping away into the thick branches above.

Completely engulfed with fear, the men didn’t realize that they were headed in different directions. The Black Ninja looked at his horse and nodded before hopping into the trees after the leader. The horse, meanwhile, disappeared in a puff of smoke, turning himself into a replica of his master. Once in this human form, the horse bounded into the trees in pursuit of the last man.

The shaven man looked behind him worriedly. It seemed that he’d outrun the elite Black Ninja, but his boss was nowhere to be found. Feeling suspicious, he slowed his pace. He turned to face forward again, only to be kicked in the face by what appeared to be the Black Ninja. The force caused him to lose his footing and fall from the tree, hitting most of the branches on the way down. The Black Ninja leapt right after him. The man looked up in wonder as the ninja disappeared in a cloud of smoke, the massive horse taking his place. It landed with one hoof on the assassin’s chest. The man looked with fear into the blood-red eyes of the demonic stallion. The last thing he heard was the stallion’s roar, and his last sight was the vision of 2 dripping fangs digging into his neck.

Atsuko stopped on a large branch. He tried to catch his breath before the black ninja was upon him again. He looked up to see the dangerous man standing in front of him, leaning against the tree.

You…” The man gasped out. “You and your wretched beast slaughtered my men.”

The ninja stepped forward. Atsuko quickly straightened himself out and prepared to defend himself as well, if need be. The ninja just stood there silently.

Do something, dammit! Or say something! Don’t just stand there. If you think you’re going to finish me off, you’ve got another thing coming! Come on! Attack me! I dare you!”

The black ninja tilted his head like a curious puppy.

Really?” He asked in his scratchy, metal voice.

With lightening fast speed, the black ninja lunged. With a few quick jabs in the gut, he snatched the 2 swords the assassin had swung over his shoulders. The Black Ninja flipped over the assassin’s head and pushed him in the center of the back with his foot, causing the man to tumble forwards. He caught himself on a branch before falling. Irritated, he whipped around to kill this Black Ninja Knight once and for all…only to find that the ninja had one sword to his throat, and the other to his gut. Atsuko laughed nervously, knowing his life was at an end. He attempted one last time to save himself.

Hey, pal…let’s talk about this, huh?” He pleaded.

The black ninja lowered his head slightly, the plexi-glass slits that served as his eyes glowed red. With a single, synchronized jerk of both arms, the swords slid through the man like a hot knife through butter, slicing the leader of the assassin group in 3 pieces. The remains fell apart separately and landed in the grass below. The battle was over; the assassins were dead, and the Black Ninja Knight added yet another victory to his belt. He dropped the swords and gave a little whistle. In an instant, his horse trotted below and halted. The Ninja leapt onto the back of his loyal steed.

Before they headed off, the Ninja Knight let loose a black card. It landed neatly on the remains of the lead assassin, simply to let the world know that the he, the Black Ninja, was responsible for the veritable bloodbath. The horse reared and let out his trademark wail, and the team dashed off, leaving behind a gory mess.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------

Akita opened her sleepy eyes. She turned to the pillow next to her, only to find that the man she’d had made beautiful love with was no longer there; instead, a small piece of paper took his place. She reached over and grabbed it. It read:


My dearest Akita:

Got a report on my CB last night, calling all available mounted officers to assist in rounding up some cattle that broke loose and were heading towards town. Be back later in the afternoon. I’ve set up a carriage to bring you home. Every moment I’m away from you is agony.

All my Love:

~ Kamachi


Akita smiled to herself, clutching the note to her bosom. A small knock on the wall brought her attention to the butler standing in the entrance of the bedroom.

Lord Kamachi has prepared a carriage to take you home, my lady. Would you like something to eat before you go?”

Oh, no thank you! I think I’m just going to get dressed and go home. My little brother may be worried about me.”

Very good, ma’am.” The butler ended with a respectful bow before leaving to give Akita some privacy.

Once dressed with the note safely tucked away in her pocket, she paid farewell to the kind and polite servant, then left in the carriage provided for her.

------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------

Kamachi came charging through the door at around 1:00 p.m. The servant greeted him with a bow.

Welcome home, my Lord.”

Hey, Kenji. Where’s Akita? Did she get home okay?”

I just sent her off about an hour ago. She should be arriving at her doorstep just about now.”

Great!” Kamachi pulled a small box out of his pocket. He opened it and shoved it in Kenji’s face. Inside, a sparkling princess-cut diamond sat in the center of the platinum ring surrounded by yellow marquise-cut diamonds. “What do you think of this?”

Kenji blushed. “I’m flattered, sir. But I’m obligated to tell you that I’d only be marrying you for your money.”

Kamachi rolled his eyes and put the ring-box back in his pocket. “Ha, ha. Very funny…it’s for Akita.”

Ah, yes. That was my second guess, sir.” Kenji said with a humorous smirk.

I’m gonna ask her to marry me.” Kamachi sighed. “I hope she says yes.”

Me too, sir. She is a very lovely young lady.” The loud ringing of Kamachi’s phone brought the conversation to a halt. “I’ll get it, my Lord.”

As Kenji left, Kamachi pulled out the ring again. He sighed heavily as it sparkled brightly, even in the dim-lighted house.

I REALLY hope she says yes…


--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Akita stumbled into the house and scurried to the living room. There, sprawled out in their chairs, were Kakashi and Gai, snoring loudly. Akita looked at the clock that hung over the TV. It read 1:15 p.m. She then brought her eyes down to the movies, which lay on top of the jackets. Akita picked them up and read them, appalled. The movie jackets certainly did NOT fit the movies that were inside. With an irritated grunt, she returned the movies to their jackets, then left the living room. After a moment, she returned with an old fashioned fire alarm. She held it over the sleeping boys, then set it off.

Both boys, naturally taken by both surprise and fear, leapt up, eyes bulging. Gai went tumbling backwards in his chair, while Kakashi fell forward, landing hard on the coffee table before falling off to the side, taking the empty pizza box with him. Satisfied, Akita grinned and set the alarm down.

Good afternoon, boys.”

Afternoon?!” Gai shouted worriedly as he scurried to get his movies together. “I gotta get home! My moms’ gonna kill me!”

As Gai rushed out the door, Kakashi pulled himself to his feet slowly, gripping his head, which was still ringing.

Have fun with your porn-buddy?” Akita asked sarcastically.

What?” Kakashi shouted, digging in his ear.

I SAID, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR PORN-BUDDY?” Akita repeated louder.

I was about to ask you the same question!” Kakashi snapped back, finally regaining his hearing.

Akita simply smiled at her smart-mouth little brother. “As a matter of fact, I had the time of my life.”

Kakashi shuddered at the very thought.

Ugh…Gross.”

-------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

It’s for you, sir.” Kenji said as he handed the phone to his Master. “The Chief officer.”

Kamachi snatched the phone and put it to his ear. “Yeah?”

Kamachi, this is Sarutobi…” The Hokage whispered on the other line.

Uh…yeah, sure, Chief…it was my pleasure to help out last night…” Kamachi tried to sound convincing as he left the room to get some privacy. Once he was out of range from Kenji, he sighed and focused on who was really on the other line. “Sarutobi, why are you calling me at this time of day? What happened?” He asked worriedly, usually only getting private calls from the Hokage at night.

A really important mission that requires the skills of both you and Minato; some of our troops have been attacked in the Sand Village, and you 2 need to be there to provide backup and make peace. I’ll give you the details at my office.”

Exactly how long will this take?”

You know these kind of things can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months.”

Damn.” Kamachi whined. “Alright. I’ll see you in a little while.”

---------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
< br> The Next Day…

Akita picked up her had at the sound on the knocking on the door. She had been recording her voice for yet another artifact at the museum when the knock came, and since Kakashi wasn’t there, she couldn’t send him to answer it. She turned off the tape recorder and opened the door. A man handed her a message, bowed, and left. She retreated inside the house and sat down to open the envelope. It was another letter from Kamachi.


Akita, my Love:

I’ve been called away to the Sand Village to make peace in hostile territory; one of many duties a Lord is obligated to do. It will be a long peace process; up to 3 months. But I assure you, I will miss you everyday that I’m gone. I can’t wait to see your beautiful face again.

Until my return; Eternally yours:

~ Kamachi


Akita sighed as she read the letter to herself over and over again.

He…loves me.” She whispered as she re-read the letter. “And I most assuredly love him.”

------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------

Kamac hi’s peace-making skills were just as powerful as his fighting skills, and after a 3 month long negotiation, hostilities came to an end, and Kamachi and Minato returned to Konoha without a scratch.


And so, he raced along the road, egging Katavi on with his voice rather then a whip. The horse tore through the road like lightning towards Akita’s home.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------

Akita looked at her nude figure in the mirror. A small paunch had formed on her stomach only a week ago. She rubbed it gently, knowing very well what was inside. She hadn’t told a soul about the newly forming baby-bump, and simply covered it with baggy clothes. Dressed, she stepped outside to pick some flowers. She snapped her head up as the clip-clop sound of hooves came echoing down the road. She got up, hands clasped together hopefully. As though an angel answered her prayers, Kamachi and Katavi came into view. Akita dropped the flowers and ran to her beloved. Kamachi leapt from Katavi’s back and embraced Akita tightly swinging her around & around.

Oh, Kamachi! I’m so happy you’re back!”

I’m so happy to be back, Akita. Did you get my letters?”

Every last one of them!” She hugged tighter, reminiscing all the letters he wrote since he’d left.

Oh, Akita. I’ve been dreaming of this day. There’s something I must ask you.”

And I have something I’d like to tell you.”

Please let me go first.” Kamachi begged.

Well, alright.”

Kamachi took a seat on a rock near the large Koi pond in front of the house. “Remember how I told you on our date that I substituted at the local high school as a chemistry teacher?”

Of course I do.” She answered, taking a seat next to him.

Well, if they were aware of the concoctions I made there, I’d probably get fired.” He laughed, pulling a large vile of some kind of liquid from his pocket.

What is that?” Akita asked curiously eyeing the bottle of strange chemicals.

This is a fish pheromone. Hopefully these little koi can help me with this experiment.”

Akita watched as Kamachi dripped the chemicals in the water very carefully, as though he were writing something. The fish began surfacing towards the pheromone in the pattern in which Kamachi dropped the chemical. Akita clasped her hands over her mouth as it became clear what he was writing. She looked up at him teary-eyed. “Oh, Kamachi!”

As though that were his cue, he removed the ring from his pocket and offered it to her. “Please make me the happiest man in the world…” He began as he got down on one knee.

Yes!” She shouted before he could finish. “Yes I will!” She threw her arms around him tightly.

You will? Really?” He gasped, hugging back. “I so hoped that would be your answer.”

They kissed lovingly; the fish that grouped together forming the words ‘Marry Me’ slowly departed as the pheromone wore off.

Kakashi, walking up to his sisters’ house, lifted his eyes to see them in their loving embrace. He groaned and rolled his eyes, but continued towards them. Akita noticed Kakashi approaching & immediately flashed him the ring.

Kakashi!” She shouted happily. “Look! Kamachi and I are getting married! Isn’t that wonderful?”

You are? Great…and why shouldn’t you get married? You’ve known each other 10 minutes…” He mumbled sarcastically.

This means we’re gonna be brothers, little buddy!” Kamachi laughed, putting his arm around his new siblings’ shoulders and rubbing Kakashi’s head with his free hand.

Don’t make me beat you up in front of my sister.” Kakashi hissed quietly so that Akita couldn’t hear his threats.

Akita stood up, hands at her sides. “Now I have news for you two.”

The two lifted their heads and looked at Akita, who seemed to be glowing. “Guys…” She took a deep breath. “I’m pregnant!”

To the surprise of both Akita and Kamachi, it was Kakashi who rolled his eyes in the back of his head and fainted.