Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pain and Healing ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Alright here’s my latest work in progress hope you enjoy.
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

Pain and Healing

The Valley of the end

A raven haired boy charges a blond haired one his left arm sparking and chirping as if it were covered in birds and lightning. The blond just stares stunned as black marking’s spread across the other boy. “Sasuke have you really become so hungry for power that you would use the curse seal?” Thought the blond as Sasuke came closer. “NARUTO!” Came a yell as the blond felt something push him.

“CHIDORI!” Yelled Sasuke as he thrust his arm forward at the same time then his eye’s widened as his arm impaled a pink haired girl through her chest. “SAKURA!” Yelled Naruto as he watched her fall to the ground. “Sa…Sakura.” Said Sasuke pulling his arm out of her and slowly backing away. “SASUKE!” yelled Naruto rushing at him a red orb in his hand Sasuke watched as his heart slowed he was frozen in place then Naruto was blown away by an explosion and Sasuke felt himself being lifted off the ground. Naruto got up shakily as he looked around.

“Damn Sasuke he’s going to pay he’s going to pay for what he did!” Yelled Naruto as tears streaked down his face while he knelt down and lifted Sakura up into his lap then buried his face in her hair and cried even harder. “Why…why did you push me out of the way?” He asked as he looked at her before bending down and kissing her. “I love you Sakura.” He whispered. “Enough already if you keep going on like that she WILL die.” Came a deep voice as Naruto looked up. “What do you mean Kyuubi she is dead.” Replied Naruto sorrowfully. “She hasn’t died yet but she is close.” Said Kyuubi. “What.” Said Naruto. “She‘s not dead yet you can still save her Kit.” Replied the giant fox as Naruto looked at him hope in his eye‘s. “Telling me what to do I’ll do anything if it means she’ll live please Kyuubi.” Naruto said rapidly. “It’s simple kit make her your mate.” Replied the demon. “WHAT!” Yelled Naruto “Make her my mate as in wife?” He asked as Kyuubi sighed in agitation. “Yes now hurry time’s running out.” “But how?” Asked Naruto puzzled. “Bite her.” Replied Kyuubi.

“Bite her?” He asked. “Just do it her heart’s almost stopped beating and before you ask anywhere will do!” Yelled Kyuubi as Naruto quickly bent down and sank his fangs into the base Sakura’s neck while Kyuubi’s chakra flared then surrounded her. Naruto pulled away and watched as red highlight’s appeared in her hair. “Kyuubi what’s going on why did Sakura’s hair change?” He asked. “Look when a demon chooses a human mate they mark them to let other’s know that they’re taken but also part of the male’s chakra is transferred to the female to help make her stronger and in doing so some minor changes are made the same goes for a male who is chosen by a female demon.” Replied Kyuubi as Naruto looked down at feeling Sakura move he watched as her eye’s slowly opened revealing not there normal jade color but a dark emerald green causing Naruto to gape in awe.

“Na…Naruto.” She whispered looking at him as he hugged her then pulled away which caused her to see that she was covered in blood. “Naruto wha…what happened how am I still alive?” She asked as Naruto looked at her. “I have something to tell you first…do you remember when we read that when the Yondaime faced the Kyuubi No Kitsune he managed to kill it at the cost of his own life?” Asked Naruto as Sakura shook her head not knowing what this had to do with why she was still alive. “It not true he was unable to kill Kyuubi so he sealed it with in a newborn child…that child was me Sakura.” Said Naruto as Sakura looked at him oddly. “Here look for your self.” He continued lifting his shirt showing her the seal on his stomach he watched as she touched it then ran her finger’s around it sending a shutter up his spine.

“Is that why the villager’s look’s at you with so much hatred?” She asked as Naruto shook his head. “I‘m not the Kyuubi just the vessel that contains it our personalities are different but no one cares and now I’m afraid they may look at you the same way.” Continued Naruto as Sakura looked at him even more confused. “Why is that?” She asked as Naruto looked down at the ground. “Kyuubi said the only way to save you was to make you my mate and in doing so part of his chakra was transferred to you and it caused a few changes.” Replied Naruto as Sakura looked at him as he pointed to a nearby stream causing her to get up and look at her reflection which caused her to gasp.

“I much rather have you alive and hate me then dead.” He continued as Sakura walked back toward him and knelt down before hugging him. “Thank you Naruto.” She whispered. “Why I’ve probably cursed you for the rest of your life.” Replied Naruto. “You did the right thing if I had the power to save someone’s life then I would’ve done it.” Replied Sakura trying to brighten his mood. “We should round up the rest of the team and head back before more Sound forces come.” He replied getting up. “Damn this is not good the whole village is going to find out what happened if Sakura got hurt because of me I would just die better keep an eye on her I know that she can take care of her self but If what happens to me on a daily basis start’s happening to her she may not know how to handle it or expect what’s coming.” Thought Naruto as Sakura looked at him.

“Naruto you don’t have to worry about me so much you don’t have to watch me all the time what about your training how can you train to become the Hokage if you do that?” Asked Sakura as Naruto turned to her. “Do what?” He asked as she looked at him. “You said you were going to watch me.” Replied Sakura. “How did you know that?” Asked Naruto. “I heard you say it duh.” As she looked at him oddly. “I didn’t say it out loud I was thinking it.” Replied Naruto. “What? I heard you clear as day Naruto.” Countered Sakura. “Now.” Thought Naruto as Sakura’s eye’s widened. “How did you do that? Your lips didn’t even move.” She said while Naruto sighed. “Kyuubi what’s going on?” He asked as he stood in front of the fox’s cage. “Naruto where are we what’s going on?” Asked Sakura as Naruto turned to find Sakura standing behind him. “How did you get here?” He asked as Sakura looked up her eye’s widening at the sight of the Kyuubi. “Is…Is that the Kyuubi?” She asked as Naruto turned to look at the huge eye’s staring down at him.

Ah she has a very strong spirit to match her beauty Kit I see why you love her.” Replied Kyuubi causing Sakura to blush a little. “Your not smooth talking your way out of this one I want answer’s. How is Sakura here and why can she hear my thought’s?” Asked a annoyed Naruto as the Kyuubi smiled. “Why it’s simple it’s a mind link it’s usually established when a demon takes a mate it allows the relationship to go more smoothly and is handy when in battle.” Replied Kyuubi as Naruto sighed. “Great now I have to watch what I say and think.” He replied as he looked at Sakura who had a wondering look on her face which turned into a sleigh smile which caused Naruto’s right eye to twitch in annoyance. “My life just became more complicated.” He said under his breath. “In time you’ll learn how to turn it on and off.” Replied Kyuubi as Naruto and Sakura started to walk away then disappeared. “Okay we just have to watch what we think from now on.” Said Naruto as Sakura shook her head as they made there way into the forest.

Else where

“I killed her I killed Sakura what have I done?” Asked a distraught Sasuke as a man with long white hair looked at him. “What dose it matter you achieved your goal you have the Mangekyoo Sharingan and are on your way to becoming more powerful.” Replied the man. “I’ll never use it never I’m just like my brother I need to go back I need to find some way to…” “I’m sorry Sasuke but I can’t let you go you are after all master Orochimaru’s new body.” Replied the man knocking Sasuke out then lifting him up as he sped away.

Konoha

“I’m going to go see my parent’s I’ll meet you at the Hokage tower.” Said Sakura as Naruto looked at her. “Be careful Sakura let me know if you need me.” He said as she looked at him “I’ll be fine Naruto don’t worry so much.” She replied disappearing.

Haruno Residence.

“Mom I’m back.” Called Sakura as a pink haired woman looked around the corner. “Welcome…home.” Said the woman as she trailed off “Sakura what happened you look so different?” She asked as Sakura looked at her. “There was a accident when we tried to retrieve Sasuke mom.” Replied Sakura as her mom looked at her. “What kind of a accident?” Eyeing her. “Well um Sasuke tried using the Chidori on Naruto but I shoved him out of the way and I got hit instead so…” “WHY DID YOU DO THAT WE COULD HAVE BEEN RID OF THAT DEMON FOR GOOD!” Shouted the woman as Sakura looked at her in shock not believing what she just heard. “But mom Naruto is the reason I’m still alive he brought me back to life I would be dead right now if it wasn’t for him.” Replied Sakura as her mother glared at her. “I look like this because the only way to save me was for Naruto to make me his mate but I’m still Sakura I’m still your daughter.” She replied as she watched her mom begin to tremble a tear sliding down her face.

“You aren’t my daughter you’re…you’re an abomination a demons whore YOU ARE NOT MY DAUGHTER SEE DIED THE MOMMENT THAT DEMON TOUCHED HER!” Screamed Sakura’s mother pulling a Kunai from her holster and throwing it at Sakura which imbedded it’s self deep into her left shoulder causing her to grunt in pain. “Mom please I’m still me and Naruto isn’t a demon he’s just a vessel for the Kyuubi his personality is different from AHH.” She screamed as another kunai imbedded it’s self in her leg. “This is for your own good Sakura I’ll save your soul from being consumed it’s the least I can do to save you I love you Sakura that’s why I must do this.” Continued Sakura’s mother throwing a kunai directly at Sakura’s heart as Sakura sat frozen in place tear’s streaking down her face as she watched the kunai come closer then it was deflected and she stared at a orange jumpsuit. “Come to get your whore demon.” Seethed Sakura’s mother. “I’m not a demon and Sakura’s not a whore I did what I did to save her I would have done the same for anyone else.” Replied Naruto as Sakura looked at him. “You should have let her die instead of cursing her as I said she is no longer my daughter.” Replied Sakura’s mother watching Naruto holstering his kunai before lifting Sakura up bridal style and disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

Hokage Tower

A blond woman sits at her desk tapping her finger impatiently looking at the retrieval team she sent out minus two people when a puff of smoke appears in the room reveling Naruto and Sakura who had her face buried in his chest to two kunai still lodged into her body. “Sorry that I left so suddenly Tsunade-sama but something else required my attention looking at the blond woman as she immediately got up and rushed to him followed by the rest of the group. “Naruto what happened?” Asked Tsunade carefully pulling the Kunai out of Sakura after Naruto set her on the couch. “Well Sakura pushed me out of the way of Sasuke’s Chidori as he was charging at me with it and took the hit she was close to dieing when well I guess I can’t explain the rest right now but Sakura’s mom wasn’t understanding of what happened and attacked her.” Replied Naruto as Tsunade shook her head. “Alright I want to discuss this with you in private Shikamaru fill out a report on your mission have it ready by tomorrow morning.” Said Tsunade looking at a pineapple haired boy who sighed. “How troublesome.” He muttered under his breath. “Your all dismissed expect for Naruto and Sakura.” Said Tsunade as everyone bowed and either walked out the door or disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

“Alright Naruto it’s obvious that the Kyuubi has something to do with this so let’s hear the rest of it.” Replied Tsunade as Naruto shook his head. “As I said Sakura was almost dead after the attack I charged Sasuke but I was blown away by an explosion then Sasuke was gone I thought that I had lost Sakura after Sasuke’s attack but Kyuubi said she was barely alive and that if I wanted to save her then to do so I had to make her my mate when I did Kyuubi transferred part of his chakra to Sakura which revived her but also changed her appearance a little.” Replied Naruto as Tsunade finished healing Sakura.

“When I told my mom what happened she flipped out started calling me a demon whore and that I was dead to her I don’t understand I’m the same person that I’ve always been but she thinks I’ve become some sort of monster.” Said Sakura as Tsunade shook her head in understanding. “The village’s hatred toward the Kyuubi has blinded them to the fact that Naruto is nothing more then the demons container but they only see the Kyuubi not the actual person what you experienced with your mother was only a sample of what Naruto has to deal with on a daily basis, I found records that have said that a lot worse has happened to him.” Replied Tsunade as Sakura’s eye’s widened before looking at Naruto who was looking down at the floor then back up giving her one of his false smiles. “Normally I wouldn’t allow this but with what’s happened I want the both of you to move into my residence immediately for your own safety.” She continued as Naruto and Sakura both shook there heads. “It wont take me long to gather my stuff since there isn’t much but I don’t know about Sakura.” Replied Naruto as Sakura looked at them. “Not to worry both of Sakura’s parent’s have a mission tomorrow you can get your thing’s then.” Replied Tsunade as Sakura shook her head. “Well it’s starting to get late so we better get going.” She continued motioning for Sakura and Naruto to follow her.

Hokage Mansion

“Thank you Shizune-sama I hope it wasn’t a inconvenience for you.” Said Sakura while holding a night shirt and looking at the short haired woman who just smiled. “Oh no it’s not a inconvenience at all I have a lot of those shirt’s lying a round I’m glad I could put one to use goodnight Sakura.” Replied Shizune silently closing the door to a rather large bed room. “Goodnight.” Replied Sakura as she slipped out of her cloths then into the shirt. “Goodnight Naruto.” Said Tsunade. “Goodnight Baa-chan and thank you.” Said Naruto as Tsunade shook her head and shut the door her left eye twitching at the name but deciding to let it slide for tonight. “What do you think will happen now Tsunade-sama?” Asked Shizune as Tsunade rubbed her temples. “It’s early but at this point I don’t think we have a choice now it won’t take long for what happened to spread so you should tell Naruto about his father we won’t make it public knowledge yet but the heads of the main houses will be told as well as the council if they start respecting Naruto then the village will hopefully follow.” Replied Tsunade disappearing into her room. “I hope you‘re right.” Thought Shizune disappearing in to her room. “I hope you can forgive me Naruto.” She thought looking at the picture of a blond haired blue eyed man.

Where am I?” Asked Sakura as she looked around her. “Wait this isn’t that far from Naruto’s apartment but how’d I get here?” She wondered looking around then noticing a small crowd of people gathered around something. “Excuse me but what’s going on?” Asked Sakura as the crowd ignored her she watched as what looked like a stick rise up then come down as three other people kicked something on the ground. Sakura inched closer and found that the small group had surrounded a little boy. “This is for my sister demon!” Yelled a villager kicking the boy sending him flying into someone else who then threw a kunai at him causing it to imbed it’s self in the boy’s open hand making him scream in pain the kunai pinning his arm to the ground. Sakura watched in horror as another kunai was imbedded into his leg. “Scream demon by the time we’re done your going to be begging us to kill you which we’ll gladly do slowly and painfully.” Said another villager. “STOP!” Screamed Sakura trying to throw her self onto the boy but passed through him she watched helplessly as a club came down on top of the boy’s stomach knocking the air out of him she covered her ear’s when hearing bones snap as tear’s streaked down her face. She looked and saw the familiar whisker marks that only belonged to Naruto and caused her to cry even harder. “STOP! What has he done to you he’s just a little kid STOP!” Sakura continued to scream but to no avail as blood pooled under him his eye‘s half open and glazed over almost lifeless as his screams stopped and he remained silent while a broken bottle was dragged across his chest spilling more blood.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?” Bellowed a angry voice as Sakura looked up between sob’s to find the Third Hokage and a squad of Anbu standing between Naruto and the villager’s. “He’s alive Hokage-sama but barley.” Said a Anbu with a lizard mask. “Get Naruto to the hospital immediately and arrest everyone here for attacking a citizen of the leaf punishment is execution first thing tomorrow morning.” Seethed the Third. Sakura looked at the former Hokage in fear never before had she seen him so angry as she continued to hiccup through her tears but managed to calm herself a little glad to see someone had stopped the ruthless beating. “Well who would’ve thought the mind link would let you see Naruto’s dreams or in this case a memory.” Said a familiar voice as Sakura looked up at the Kyuubi. “This actually happened?” Asked Sakura as Kyuubi shook it’s head. “This was one of the worst beating’s but there was another incident where two men actually raped him that was the worst thing that ever happened he wouldn’t allow another man near him for week’s.” Replied Kyuubi as Sakura buried her head in her hands. “How could he keep going after this after everything if he had to live through thing’s like this then how did he keep going?” She asked as Kyuubi sighed. “To tell the truth I don‘t really know my self he may not show it on the outside but he‘s in a lot of pain if it wasn‘t for his dream of being Hokage he might have given up long ago.” Continued Kyuubi watching as Sakura lowered her head. “I think it’s best if you woke him up these type’s of dreams have a tendency to go on all night and make him depressed.” Continued Kyuubi as Sakura shook her head before disappearing.

Sakura woke up she could feel the tears still on her face her pillow soaked from them. She crawled out of bed and walked silently to Naruto’s room and quietly opened the door and found him tossing and turning in his bed. “Naruto.” She whispered as she silently closed the door after entering the room then walked over to the bed then got on to it. “Naruto wake up.” Whispered Sakura placing her hand on his chest causing him to snap wide awake. “Sa…Sakura what are you doing here?” He asked as Sakura inched closer to him her now emerald colored eye’s looking deep into his. “I feel so much more at peace when ever I look into Sakura’s eye’s.” Thought Naruto as Sakura gave him a small smile. “I saw your dream Naruto how long did thing’s like that happen?” She asked as she got on top of him causing him to tense. “It’s alright.” She whispered as her hands slid over his chest and onto his shoulder’s slowly massaging them causing Naruto to relax a little. “Just let everything out Naruto you’ll feel better I’m here for you.” Said Sakura bending down and lightly kissing his cheek causing Naruto to stare at her wide eyed. “Talk to me.” She continued as Naruto looked at her. “The beating’s continued until my third year in the ninja academy that’s when I actually started defending myself because I was able to but they continued to destroy my apartment, no stores would let me in to bye new clothing or actual food the only thing I could afford was ramen even then I was charged triple the normal amount.” Said Naruto as Sakura took his hand and squeezed it.

“I never knew who my parent’s were still don’t the only person I knew at that time was Hokage-sama after that Iruka-sensei when I joined his class it was the first time I met you I remember it real well you had just come into the room and you smiled at me you were the first girl to do that I suppose that’s when I became a bit obsessed looking back at it now I guess I was more of a annoyance then anything else.” He continued as Sakura shook her head. “No you weren’t sometimes maybe but there were quite a few day’s that I was feeling down that one of your pranks actually brightened them up even though I acted like they were annoying on the outside I was laughing on the inside although I could’ve been nicer to you.” Said Sakura as Naruto looked at her confused.

“Why did you save me I know I said that if I had the power to save someone I would’ve and I still would but why?” She asked. “I couldn’t stand the thought of losing you I love you so much Sakura that the thought of you being killed would completely brake me that’s my worst fear is watching you die or finding out that you were killed there would be no mercy for the person that was the cause of it.” Said Naruto as Sakura looked at him and stroked his hair. “You don’t need to worry about it now Naruto I’m never going to leave you.” She whispered as she looked at him while he stared a small smile on his face. “You’ve had to go through so much I want to give something that will give you some happiness in your life.” She whispered kissing Naruto again. Sakura laid next to him her head on his chest as he stroked her smooth hair “I like this feeling I don’t feel alone.” Thought Naruto as Sakura closed her eye’s “I feel the same way.” she responded as they both eventually fell asleep both deciding that sharing a bed was a nice feeling.

Morning

Shizune looked at Naruto’s bedroom door nervously as Tsunade walked up behind her. “Shizune you need to tell him he deserves to know.” Replied Tsunade as she gave her a little push as she reached for the knob hesitantly before lightly knocking then opening the door finding Sakura asleep with her arm around a equally sleeping Naruto causing Shizune to stare wide eyed as Sakura stirred and slowly opened her eye’s seeing Shizune and Tsunade starring at her.

“It’s not what you think we didn’t do anything I swear Naruto was having a nightmare and I came to comfort him then we both fell asleep.” Said Sakura looking at both woman nervously as Naruto sat up sleepily looking at everyone then his eye’s also widened. “It’s not what you think.” He started as Tsunade held up her hand. “It’s alright we already know but that’s not why we’re here Naruto Shizune has something to tell you.” Said Tsuande nudging Shizune forward. “Naruto… I… I know who your father was.” Said Shizune as Naruto stared at her surprise on his face. “Who is it? Do you know who my mother was too?” He asked as Shizune tensed but Tsunade nudged her again. “Your father was Arashi Kazuma the Yondaime Hokage.” She replied as Naruto looked at her dumbfounded. “Do you know who my mother was?” He asked again as Shizune looked at him. “Yes.” She replied sadly as Naruto looked at her. “Well who was she?” He asked as Shizune looked at him then away again. “Shizune tell him.” Said Tsunade as she took a deep breath. “Naruto I’m your mother.” Said Shizune as Naruto looked at her Sakura could feel the conflicting emotions inside him so many questions running through his mind that she was having difficulty keeping up. “Naruto.” Said Shizune as he clenched his fist. “You’ve been alive this whole time and never came for me never even told me after we met. Why…why did you abandon me?” Asked Naruto as Shizune looked at the ground sadly. “Naruto I…” “Where you scared of me did you despise me is that why you didn’t come back is that why you never told me till now do you know how much pain and suffering I had to go through where were you when I needed you? Did you even care what was happening to me?” Asked Naruto anger in his voice as he disappeared before Shizune could stop him. Sakura looked at Shizune who had tears streaking down her face. “Don’t worry Shizune-sama let me talk to him he’s just angry and confused but I’m sure he’s really happy to know he has someone from his family alive.” Said Sakura disappearing from the room.

Hokage Monument

Sakura approached Naruto as he sat perched on top of the Yondaime’s head. “Naruto.” She said as he just sat there. “Please just leave me alone right now Sakura.” He said as Sakura sat next to him. “Naruto.” She replied trying to get a look at him but he turned away. “Please I don’t want you to see me like this. “ He said as she turned him around and saw the tears that he was trying to keep back. “I promised myself long ago that I wouldn’t cry anymore.” He said as Sakura slid her hand across his cheek before hugging him. “Let it out Naruto don’t hold it back because if you do you may not be able to cry anymore.” She whispered as Naruto clutched her burring his face into her neck. Sakura could feel the warm tears falling on her as she held him tightly all the years of pent up anger and sadness being released all at once.

“I know how angry you must feel but at least you know that your mother is alive don’t let your anger and hatred keep you from her.” Said Sakura as Naruto pulled away and looked at her. Sakura inched closer to him her lips lightly touching his as she pulled away a little while Naruto looked into her eyes “I love you Naruto.“ Said Sakura before he closed the gap again kissing her back passionately as she ran her fingers through his hair before pulling away. “I really like kissing you Naruto but this isn’t the time for making out.” She said as Naruto looked at her before shaking his head both disappearing.

Hokage Mansion

“Shizune please calm down Naruto doesn’t hate you.” Said Tsunade trying to comfort her friend who was on the floor crying. “How couldn’t he hate me I just left him here by himself I should have taken with me.” Said Shizune continuing to cry as Naruto and Sakura appeared again. Naruto looked at Shizune who continued to cry as she looked up at him while he knelt down then hugged her. “I’m sorry I got angry mom.” He whispered as Shizune looked at him before hugging him. “I’m sorry Naruto I was only trying to protect you from your father’s enemies.” She said as Naruto pulled away. “I originally had no plans to leave Konoha but someone leaked information to Iwa about my wedding to Arashi and the information sent might of included a photo of me , if they found out that I had a baby they would’ve tried everything to get to you so I left with Tsunade-sama hopping they would watch me. I didn’t think the village would have treated you as bad as they have other wise I would’ve taken you with me.” Said Shizune as Naruto looked at her. “I understand mom.” He said as Tsunade and Sakura smiled while Shizune continued to hug Naruto as he hugged back Naruto also crying with her because of how happy he was.

End of Part 1

Read and Review