Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Treasure Hunt ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

this ones a long one people, be prepared

Chapter 8: Treasure Hunt Madness
Three days later…
We see the `All Male Table' plus Taki - she will now be a part of the All Male Table - at the front of school.
The rest of the class was chatting. Everyone was in groups of four. Especially Sakura and Ino who was sending death glares at her already because she wasn't shy to talk to their favorite eye candy.
Miss…I forgot her name already…Miss Seiko whistled to get their attention.
“I gave each group a list. And you absolutely have to get the item from the people in the pictures. Whoever finds the most items wins the prize,” Miss Seiko said.
“What's the prize?” some random student said.
“You guys would have to win first to see what it is,” Seiko said all mysteriously.
Taki sighed and crossed her arms.
“Hope we don't work too hard for something stupid,” she said.
The guys agreed to that.
They looked at the list that was a bunch of pictures. The first picture was an orange flower sitting by itself on a shelf. Second was a bag of chips that an old man was holding. Next was a picture of a man who was wearing sunglasses. An arrow was pointing at the sunglasses.
After that was a cup of ramen, chopsticks, a book - not just any book but specifically the arrow was pointing at Hatake Kakashi's book Icha Icha Paradise. And the last picture had two arrows THE Hokage's smoking pipe AND his pimp hat he wears all the time. A total of eight `treasures.'
“You have until one o'clock,” she added.
Those last three were going to be a problem if those two won't give up their things to a bunch of preschoolers.
“If someone has something on the list, can we steal it from them?” Kiba yelled out.
“Yes. Any other questions?”
“Can we attack other people for their items?” Taki asked.
“Yes.”
Some of the kids groaned and some of the girls whined. You don't want to know what was in the All Male Table's thoughts right now.
Miss Seiko looked at her watch, “Ok you can go now! Don't get hurt too much! I have a first aid kit just in case.”
The preschoolers scampered out of the front lot. It's nine o'clock. They have four hours to find all the items and possibly fight for them. Now that I think about it this reminds me of the chunnin exams with the scrolls.
“So what are we going after first?” Taki asked, after following Sasuke, which seemed to know where he was going.
“We're going to get the flower. I seen it in the Flower Shop,” he said.
“Why don't we not look for the items? We can just go to the park and play,” Shikamaru said.
“We can't Shikamaru. The honor of the All Male Table is at stake!” Taki clenched her fist together.
“What honor? It's not a clan.”
“So do you like chocolates Shika-chan?” Taki asked him.
“Sure do but my mom doesn't like me to eat chocolates. Chouji sure is lucky,” he sighed.
“Well if we win. We'll look so cool, that you'll be cool, then that makes the other girls think you're cool. Then maybe they might start having a crush on you. Then when it's Valentine's Day you'll get lots of chocolates. You get my drift?” she poked him with her elbow.
“You mean I have ta look cool? Heh that's a lot of work. I prefer eating off of Sasuke's candy.”
Taki just huffed.
“Look there's the flower shop all we need to do is take it when the shopkeeper isn't looking,” Sasuke said.
They snuck into the shop without the bell ringing. It looks like they were the first group there. They saw the flower; it was right where it was, on a shelf. Except that it was over the door for the employees only.
They hid behind some potted plants.
“So who's gonna get it?” Taki whispered.
“Let Shika do it. You're a good monkey,” Sasuke grinned.
“No way. What if someone comes through the door?”
“Scared little porcupine?” Taki taunted him.
“No just thinking of the possibilities.”
“Let's draw straws,” Sasuke already made some in cases like this.
They took one. Shikamaru lost, his straw was the shortest.
“You can do it Shika-chan. You'll be the first ninja of the day,” Taki cheered him on as he crawled away.
“…to get caught,” Taki said after he left.
Sasuke evilly giggled at that.
“Who really got the shortest?” Shino asked.
“Hehe I did,” Sasuke did.
“What a cheater beaver.”
The shopkeeper yawned and there were no other shelves on the wall. How will Shikamaru get up there without getting caught?
The group anxiously watched him get a long stick and poke at the plant from sitting in the corner. It was about to fall until the bell rang and another group came in.
“Oh hello Ino-chan what are you doing out of school?” the shopkeeper perked up.
“We're on a treasure hunt, Mom,” Ino held out her list.
Ino's mom went around the counter and came over to them. Taki and the others scooted around the plant.
“Let's see what you're looking for,” her back was at the orange flower.
Shikamaru jumped on the counter and jumped to the shelf.
“Eh!” that was Sakura.
Shikamaru got the plant and pushed off the wall and fell into a bushy plant. Sakura blinked.
“What's wrong Sakura-chan?” Ino asked her.
Sakura rubbed her eyes, “Nothing I'm seeing things.”
The bell dinged again. Taki and others pretended to just come in.
“See I told you Ino was probably going to head here first. Her mom does work here,” Sasuke said.
“Oh fine. Let's get the next item instead,” Taki said.
They left.
“Well the plant is just over the do-. It's gone!” Ino's mom exclaimed.
“Masaka…?” (Can it be?)
----
“That was a close one,” Shika breathed.
Taki slapped his back, “You are a good monkey. I thought you was gonna get caught.”
“You owe me three pieces of chocolate Taki.”
“Hehe next time I'll win. I'll pay you back later Fro,” she said.
“You guys were betting on me?” Shika's brows raised into question.
“Sure was. I knew I should've cheated or something,” Taki said.
“What do we get next?” Sasuke crossed the plant off their list.
“Let's get those bag of chips. That sounds pretty easy,” Shikamaru said.
----
They saw some of their classmates standing around the old man that was in the picture.
“Dude! We need those bag of chips!” a student yelled out.
The old man had a confused look on his face. He slowly got up, put the bag of chips in his mouth, folded up his chair and put it under his arm. He jumped off into the streets.
“After him!”
The preschoolers started chasing after him.
“Okay, we'll get those later then,” Sasuke sweat dropped.
“Miss Seiko really makes us work for our prizes,” Shikamaru yawned.
“Let's get the sunglasses,” Shino said. Finally I make him speak.
The three looked at him.
“You know where he is Fro?”
“He's my uncle,” he explained.
“Alright Shino! Score one for the afro!” Taki laughed and slapped him on his back.
“Right let's hurry and finish this dumb hunt,” Sasuke put the list in his pocket.
“I'm telling you we should just go to the park and play. We're wasting our time when we could be playing at the arcade or something,” Shikamaru as always complained.
Taki put him in a headlock and continued to follow Shino, “Oh shush Shika.”
----
“There's my little nephew!” Shino's uncle spied them hiding in a tree.
“Uncle,” he jumped down easily.
“Little Shino has friends AND he's ditching preschool? Tsk tsk. Well I used to do it too so I guess this is a good lesson for you,” Uncle pushed up his shades.
“Mister Shino's uncle we need your sunglasses,” Taki said.
Uncle looked down, “You even got a girlfriend!”
Flash. The four rubbed their eyes. Uncle just took a picture of them.
“Can't wait to show these around the place,” Uncle laughed out loud.
Apparently I turned him into a photographer slash ninja. The uncle easily gave up his sunglasses to the group and went on his merry little way.
“That was easy.”
They checked off sunglasses.
----
The All Male table got the chopsticks and the ramen.
“I can get the pipe and the Hokage's hat. You can get your uncle's book and then we're done!” Sasuke looked at the list.
“How come I can't get the Hokage's stuff?” she argued.
“Because I have a plan that will work and you already know your uncle will give you the book with the famous I-want-it-because-I'm-cute look. He'll give it to you easy peasy,” he answered.
Taki pouted and crossed her arms. But she was secretly okay with that cause she forgot where and who the Hokage was.
“Let's split up gang,” Sasuke said. Took that quote from Scooby-Doo.
“Kill two birds with one kunai. Good thinking Sasuke. I'll take Shika-chan with me,” she grabbed Shika's arm, the list, and leaped off.
“It's one stone baka.”
-----
Taki asked Shikamaru where the academy students usually train. He led the way and she followed. Kakashi told her yesterday he was a teacher.
Kakashi was giving his students the go ahead to try and take his bells.
“Uncle!” Taki ran over to him. Shikamaru just walked, lazy.
“Taki what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in school.”
“We're on a treasure hunt and we need your book,” she pointed to the one in his hand.
“This one?” he pointed at it.
Shikamaru and Taki looked at the list and then at the book.
“Yep. It has the circle and cross over it. That's the one we need,” she stuck out her hand.
“Nope,” he easily said.
“Why?”
“It's not for children your age.”
“Bbbbut we need it,” she whined.
“She said it was for the honor of the All Male Table,” Shikamaru explained.
Kakashi raised an eyebrow.
“I'll give you a cookie,” she tried to bribe him.
“One isn't enough for this book,” he patted it.
“Okay how about a cookie and my super duper ultra mega death secret?”
“Five cookies, your secret, and you have to do something for me.”
Taki squinted, cocked her head to the left and mulled it over.
`Five cookies. That's a lot and be a slave. Hmmm,' she nodded to herself.
Taki held out her hand, “You got yourself a deal Uncle Kakashi.”
He shook her hand and slowly handed her the book.
“You better not lose it, break it, burn it, rip it, cut it, or anything else for that matter. You'll die to protect this book okay?” Kakashi said.
She nodded and flipped through the pages. She didn't know most of the words.
“Who's your teacher again?”
She thought for a couple of seconds.
“Miss Seiko,” Shikamaru said, she was taking too long.
He nodded, “Ah that woman.”
`She's the one who likes to collect other peoples things,' he thought to himself as he remembered Miss Seiko taking off with one of the Uchiha's fan symbol.
He ducked as one of his students attacked him. Luckily Shika and Taki got out of the field just in time.
----
“Let's go the arcade. They'll find us there sooner or later,” Shikamaru said.
One hour later…12:30 pm.
“You may be good at Dance Dance Revolution but I still and always will rule in Guitar Freaks,” Taki said after losing against the monkey ten times in a row.
Shikamaru spotted another Konami game. (They are a part of Konami aren't they?)
“Wanna play Dance ManiaX with me? I'm sure we can decide on who's the better player. But you know it'll be me,” Shikamaru said confidently.
They just pushed in their coins when Sasuke and Shino showed up.
“There you are! We were looking all over the place for you chumps! Let's go,” Sasuke complained.
He started pulling them out of the arcade.
“But our game,” Taki whined.
“What about what you said? `The honor of the All Male's table is at stake,' Taki,” Shino said.
He had a point. Taki crossed her arms as she was still being dragged behind
Sasuke with Shikamaru beside her on the ground.
“Sometimes you suck Fro,” she pouted.
----
All Male's group was standing behind the school. 15 minutes left until they had to go face the class.
“So you get the book?”
“Course. Did you get the hat and pipe?”
Sasuke was silent.
“His `plan' backfired,” Shino filled in.
“What?”
“Another team got them.”
“Wasn't my fault they came in snatched it away.”
“Who cares not like the prize is a passing grade,” Shika yawned.
----
“Well the winner is…” Miss Seiko looked through each of the bags.
“The All Male Table,” the group gave each other high fives.
“…And the Beatles!”
“All right!” another group cheered. It was just a bunch of nobody's.
“What! How?” Taki yelled.
Miss Seiko dumped all the goods in one giant bag, “Each team had the same number of items. So both of you automatically win the prize.”
“And what's the prize?” the other group leader said.
It was just some funny punk. Miss Seiko threw the bag over to them and she began to walk away.
“I'll see you guys on Monday. I'm going to be sick tomorrow,” she skipped away.
The other kids awed and ran to the park instead seeing that the bell didn't ring yet.
“Let's go. Maybe our coins didn't get used at the arcade,” Shikamaru put his hands on the back of his heads and started to walk away.
Shino followed him. Taki and Sasuke were looking at the bag still.
`Should we keep it or give it to those baka's?' as they thought in unison.
They looked at the so-called `Beatles.' They looked pretty ecstatic about some random object in a raggedy bag.
Looking at each other, both having the same thought, Sasuke and Taki nodded and walked away. Aren't they maturing well?
“They look cool doing that don't they?” some Beatles member said.
“Maybe they are,” another one put up their little pinky.
They giggled.
“You think? Let's tell everyone.”
The Beatles grabbed the bag and split up telling any one they saw.

Okay finished. we still don't know what's in the bag. oh well. maybe next chapter? this could turn out to be a...Love Rectangle. lol