Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Seishun no Tobira ❯ Of Wood and the Babysitter! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Name: Makou Monosashi
Age: 14
Hair: Long and black with wild bangs.
Eyes: Lime green
Height: a little Taller than Neji
Body: athletic
Jutsu: Makou is good at Taijutsu and likes to use her legs (which is why she has the first Hokage’s strength), and has a Kekkei Genkai; Mokuton (wood style) She can grow extinct herbs (if she knows there DNA thingies first XP) and can have vines (for probing purposes >.>) and has a natural “green thumb”, works part-time at the Yamanaka Flower Shop
Past: Makou and her sister lived in the mist village and went to the academy. The fled the village during the graduation exam because they couldn’t/didn’t want to/ kill the other students. They arrived at Leaf Village and were give a home and starter money. Makou attended the academy as well as her sister, currently they are about to graduate. (Was supposed to graduate the year before and be on Gai’steam)
Friends: Rock Lee, Shikamaru, Shino, and sort of Sasuke
Does not like: Sakura, Ino, and TenTen, (any others?)

Name: Rei Monosashi
Age: 12
Hair: Bright red and in a spiky bun
Eyes: Blue-green
Height: Naruto’s size
Body: busty
Jutsu: Rei uses water style, and can use it in a desert without a body of water. She has the mist village’s clan Ice Jutsu, and is related to the first and second Hokage. Rei can also talk to animals.
Past: Her father was in the Senjuu clan and was given a mission to the mist village, he fell in love with a member of the mist village’s clan, and they had two kids, Makou and Rei. Rei got her mother’s ice and her father’s strength. Makou got her fathers Mokuton and strength.
Friends: Hinata, Naruto, Sasuke (who has a crush on her), Kiba
Hates: Sakura, Ino, Neji (in that brotherly I-hate-you way) and TenTen


Part One: Of Wood and the Babysitter!

You sat in the waiting room of the hospital kicking your feet and waiting anxiously. A girl, a sister. You grinned widely and started bouncing in your seat. “Makou, calm down a bit, ok?” Your father said. “I can’t! How long till the baby gets here, dad?” You asked. “Just be patient, I’m sure it’s coming soon.” You sighed loudly and slumped in your chair.
You couldn’t sit still! You tried to entertain yourself by growing some flowers in your hand, but a mean looking fat lady with too much make-up glared at you, so you stopped. You sighed loudly and looked out the window. It was raining; it had been for the past week. It was June for Christ sake!
You sighed again and looked around the waiting room. A balding man who sat with the fat lady was glaring at you, you felt like sticking your tongue out, but you had more sense than that. It was childish to do that.
You weren’t normal for a two year old, you could talk well and everything. Maybe it was because your father said you were a genius, but you wee sick of feeling lonely. You couldn’t wait until the baby was old enough to play with!
Thunder struck outside, at the same time a tall muscular man walked into the hospital followed by a small boy. You recognized them immediately. “Haku!” You shouted and ran to your brother. “Makou-nee!”
Your father talked with the man, Zabuza, and you looked at Haku. “I haven’t seen you since a week ago! You said motioning to both of them. “Hey, Shark!” Zabuza greeted and ruffled your hair. You opened your mouth and pretended to snap at him before giggling.
Zabuza had babysat you a few times; he would bring different people from the Seven Swords Men of the Hidden Mist with him, like Raiga, or Kisame. A nurse walked up to your father and tapped his shoulder, “Sir, your baby has been delivered, and you may bring the child with you.” She motioned towards you.
“’Think of a name for the little thing?” Zabuza asked. “Yes I have, were going to name her Rei.” “Isn’t Rei a boy name?” Haku asked. Zabuza quieted him with a flick to the forehead.
You followed the nurse down a hallway and into a room. Your mother sat with her long black hair tied back loosely, and a bundle in her arms. “I wanna see! I wanna see!” You shouted running over.
“Um”, you craned your head for a better look, “It looks kind of freaky.” Haku said nodding as if to verify what he said. Zabuza flicked him again. “Can I hold her?” You asked. Your mother handed you the baby and you looked into her big blue-green eyes.
“She’s actually kind of-” Vomit landed on your shirt front. “I hate it.” You muttered darkly handing the, now giggling, baby over to your father. “Yes, this is our Rei. The last piece of our family.” He said kissing your mom. “Ha-ha!” Haku laughed pointing at you. Zabuza laughed a little too, and said he would see you later.
“Be a good little man-eating shark and listen to your parents, ok?” You nodded as the nurse wiped of the vomit from your shirt. “By Makou, see you!” Haku waved exiting the room.



A whole year had passed and Rei was one. She looked a little less freaky, for one she had red hair, which amazed you. It was bright, like fire. Her eyes were still big and round. You and Haku had to baby sit while your parents went out with Zabuza.
You and Haku watched as the drool from the baby’s mouth dropped onto her chest. She was laughing at nothing, or, she was laughing at the fact you had to stay and baby sit when you could be doing something productive outside.
The summer air outside was nice, and the flowers were blooming around the house. And here you sat in the kitchen watching a little one year old. “I was talking by your age, ya know that?” You said tapping her head. She bounced and giggled. “I think it’s stupid.” Haku concluded.
Rei blew a spit bubble and let it pop, and started over again. “That’s disgusting.” You said popping a bubble. Rei blinked and spit at you. “Gross!” You yelled standing up and wiping your face.
Haku laughed, that was, until Rei’s lunch splashed on his face. “I hate oatmeal.” Haku groaned. It was your turn to laugh.


You grinned at Rei, “Ready?” You whispered. She nodded. The target lay sleeping helplessly on the couch. Black hair in his face and red eyes closed. You put the shaving cream in his outstretched hand, while Rei crawled onto the arm of the chair and brushed some red hair from her face.
Gently she traced a feather down the man's face. He twitched and moved a little, but that was it. “Gimme that!” You giggled. You placed it in his nose, this got his attention. The shaving cream hit him square in the face!
“You little brats!” The Uchiha roared spitting the cream out of his mouth. You hurriedly grabbed Rei and jumped over the couch. “Kisame-sempai!” You hollered running behind the shark man. “What’s going on?” He asked Itachi, who had white cream in his hair and on his clothes. “Those witches! They did it!” He said pointing a finger at you.
“You’re not good with kids, are you? What were you doing while I was at the store?” Kisame asked chuckling. “Not sleeping I hope, Zabuza made that mistake.” Kisame dumped the contents of his grocery bag onto the counter. “Sweets!” You shouted with joy. “Yay!” Itachi groaned and looked at the sky, “Why me?” He asked


“Nee-chan, don’t go! We’ll miss you!” Rei said crying into Haku’s chest. “I’m sorry, but me and Zabuza-san can’t stay here any longer.” Zabuza looked down at you, “Hey, listen Shark. Be careful, ok? Things are rough in the ninja world, if you’re going into the academy, don’t finish.”
“Are you telling me to quit?” You gasped. “No, I’m telling you for your own safety, don’t graduate. Our village has the name Blood Mist Village for a reason. We slaughter our own classmates. I don’t want you to have any blood on your hands, got it?” He asked patting your head.
“I wish you didn’t have to go.” You said putting your head down. Your mother put a hand on your shoulder, “It’ll be alright, sweetheart, you’ll see them again.” She said softly. Your father was currently away on a mission, so he was not there to wish Haku ad Zabuza farewell.
“Hey, Soul Eater, I want you to have this, ok?” Zabuza handed Rei a stuffed toy bunny. Rei wiped her eyes and hugged Zabuza tightly. “Arigatou!” “Alright, Haku we better get going before trackers come looking for us.” Zabuza ruffled your hair one last time and shook your mom’s hand.
“See you later!” Haku called walking away. “By nee-chan!” You yelled waving back until the pair was out of sight. “I miss them already!” Wailed Rei.

The fire’s roared, but the rain still fell hard like needles against your skin. You hurried into a dry ally and hid in a box with Rei, who held Usa-chan, as she had named the bunny, tightly to her chest.
“This is bad.” You muttered. “What happened?” Rei asked. She was oblivious to the fact that your parents were gone forever, along with your life in this god forsaken village. You shook your head. “Rei, naivety is something you can’t have as a ninja. If were going to make this work, we have to leave this village. Or else we might die!”
Rei looked shocked at first but smiled. “Don’t worry,” she said, “we’re not gunna die.” You smiled back and nodded. “I hope not, or else I’ll kill you.” “How will you do that when I’m already dead?” She countered. “Simple, dear sister, I will clone you, kill all your clones, and never talk to you again.” You smirked in triumph. “Like you really mean that.”

You spent the night in that box, luckily no enemy ninja found you. In the morning, you set off for a different village. You had to fight several enemies on your way, you were just two children. Those pervert bastards thought they could steal money, or do worse things to you.
You finally made it to the gates of Konoha. Tired, hungry, and filthy. The ninja at the gate looked shocked to see seven and nine year old kids traveling alone. You felt yourself fain, and Rei called out your name. Strong arms picked you up and it all went black.
You awoke in a hospital bed, Rei was sitting next to you looking fed and cleaned, and she was even wearing different clothes. “What happened?” You asked. “When we reached the gate, you passed out. You really scared me.” Rei explained setting Usa-chan down in the chair beside her.
A nurse came in with a tray of food. “Here you go sweetie, eat up ok?” She smiled kindly and left without another word. You gasped at what you saw, “Hospital food, has never looked so good!” You said grabbing the spoon and attacking some Jell-O.
You shared some with Rei, and talked about random things, until a man with a scar across his face came in to the room. “Hello, my name is Iruka. It’s nice to meet you.” He said with a wave. “Uh, Hi, I’m Makou and this,” you said swallowing your food, “is Rei.” Rei nodded at him, but stayed quiet.
“I’m the teacher for the academy. I heard you both had special talents.” He said. You looked at him cautiously; this guy was a leaf chuunin. “We’ve already- OW!” Rei said rubbing her arm. “I’m guessing you wondering if we’ll enroll.” You asked taking another bite.
“Yes, I am. We would be happy if you did. Your sister here told Izumo and Kotetsu you were planning to live in this village. If that is true, we wish to give you a house and some money to start off with.” Iruka said kindly. “F-for real!? Get out! That’s awesome!” You cheered.