Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't suddenly own them.
Wow! Talk about great reactions! I've been told that either ni-san or ni-chan is the less formal thing to call Harry but which is it or are both usable? Plus I just got another review saying onii-san; just how many words are there for big brother? See my lack of any knowledge of the language. Maybe I should go buy a dictionary.
Glad you all like the start. There are no pairings yet and I have no plans to pair Harry with any witch or wizard however I will take suggestions for pairing him with someone from the Naruto world. He is 13 yrs older than Sasuke, Naruto and their group so it would have to be someone older obviously.
 
Chapter 2
 
 
Harry simply stared as Fudge began to squirm. He could practically feel the amusement coming from one of the Aurors stationed in the room while the other was busy practising his death glare on Harry. Not that its very effective on a person who's faced a hundred Dementors plus Voldemort and his Inner Circle at various times. He vaguely recognised the man as one of the newer Order members before the group was officially disbanded after Dumbledore's incarceration. He squeezed Sasuke's hand gently as the toddler began to fidget. Poor kid had no clue what was going on and had been scared since the Aurors had intercepted them as they were leaving the bank. The adoption ritual had gone off without a hitch and already Harry could feel changes in the child's magic, not that he had much. Harry himself found it ridiculous that the head of his government was intimidated by a fifteen year old who hadn't even finished school yet but then again he was the boy-who-lived. He wondered what amazing and totally far-fetched abilities the papers had attributed him with this week.
 
“I'm assuming there's a reason we're here Minister.” Harry stated calmly, not wanting to upset the toddler. The last thing he needed was for Sasuke to start screaming or something.
 
“Of course Harry, of course. Now, we realise of course that as you have been legally emancipated in both worlds you no longer need to reside with your relatives it is believed that the Ministry at least should be informed as to your living arrangements. After all you are only fifteen.”
 
“A fifteen year old with a psychotic mass murder after him. No Minister, I will not be telling anyone where I live. For my own safety and theirs. If that is all we need to do some shopping.” Harry turned to leave.
 
“And the child is?”
 
“Mine, legally and by blood now. Good day Minister. And I better not see anything dealing with my brother in the Prophet or you will be hearing from the Potter family solicitors. Gentlemen.” Harry walked out of the room, Sasuke clinging to him tightly.
“It's okay Sasuke. Come on, we need to get you some things and Aniki needs some more food before we have to eat Hagrid's cakes.” Sasuke giggled at the face Harry pulled.
 
-----------------
Harry stared at the ceiling holding his breath but the house remained quiet. Good, he hadn't woken Sasuke tonight. He sat up and shakily grabbed the glass of water he'd left beside the bed for this exact reason. The nightmares came every night now. Sometimes he'd relieve the events of the graveyard, the DoM or even his parent's deaths. None of them led to a pleasant nights sleep that was certain. The worst by far was seeing Sirius fall to his death over and over and then being possessed by Voldemort. At least he hadn't had any visions since throwing the other wizard out of his head. He missed Sirius so much, even if his death had led to such a good change in Harry's life. His emancipation and being able to leave the Dursley's, getting out from under Dumbledore's thumb and having the freedom to train were all good things but he missed the animagus fiercely. He didn't know what he would have done if Sasuke had not appeared, maybe that was why he had. To keep him from wallowing in guilt and grief. Looking after the insanely curious toddler was definitely a full time job and Harry was worried about what would happen when he returned to school. Would Sasuke be allowed to go with him?
 
So much had changed since the fight at the DoM. He remembered trashing Dumbledore's office, hearing the prophecy and then being called to the Ministry to testify about the events of the night and then at a posthumous trial for Sirius where he had been found innocent and Dumbledore's fall had started. Surely the man had realised that pushing for Sirius to be incarcerated without a trial would come back to bite him one day. Dumbledore had realised that if Sirius had raised Harry he would have come to Hogwarts prepared for his place in their world and wouldn't have been the naive easily manipulated orphan he wanted. The Potter's will had been found and read, revealing that Harry should never have gone to the Dursley's, there was a whole list of people to take him in if Sirius was unable too. It turned out the man had also manipulated events every year to test his weapons growth, putting a school full of children under his care at risk. Needless to say he wouldn't be seeing daylight any time soon. It saddened him that the man he had once seen as almost a grandfather had done so much to him without his knowledge and for that he almost hated the man. As soon as all the wills had been read Harry had wasted no time in getting out of the hellhole he'd once called `home'. With the help of some polyjuice he'd purchased his small two-story house, had it warded by Gringotts employees who had then had themselves Obliviated so that they could not give his location away. It also helped that the house was under the fidelius and that he was his own secret keeper so there was no chance of another Pettigrew incident.
 
Deciding he wasn't going to be getting anymore sleep for a while he slipped out of bed and down the hall to check on his son/brother. The adoption may have made Sasuke his son but Harry had decided to keep their relationship as that of brothers. After all having a kid only thirteen years younger than him just felt weird. He smiled at the sight of Sasuke curled up under his blankets holding a stuffed wolf Harry had named Moony while the stuffed Padfoot and a stuffed Prongs lay nearby seemingly keeping guard over the newest Potter. Still smiling he closed the door and headed for his small study/library to write a letter requesting a meeting with the new Headmistress within the next week or two. He needed to organise Sasuke's situation for the coming school year as soon as possible.
 
--------------------------------
Minerva McGonagall, newest Headmistress of Hogwarts couldn't help but stare in shock as her favourite student walked into her office with a toddler situated in some sort of carrier attached to his back. Surely he was too young for a child of such an age? Harry grinned sheepishly at her and her heart froze.
 
“Relax Professor. Meet Sasuke Sirius Potter, my little brother and technically blood adopted son.”
 
“How?” Was all she managed to get out.
 
“Found him on the doorstop. When I couldn't find his family I decided to take him in. Magic gave him to me and I will not let anyone take him from me. I know looking after a child is a huge responsibility, especially considering my age and circumstances but I have had help. He's also why I'm here.”
 
“You want to know your options once school returns.”
 
“I still have two years left and I need to finish them but I don't know how I can leave him for such long periods.”
 
“You wouldn't be the first student parent although traditionally it is usually girls who end up in this situation. The school has made provisions before for such a happening so I see no reason why we can't adjust them to your situation. You wouldn't be able to stay in your dorm obviously however there are rooms set aside near there for such purposes. Sasuke would not be able to attend classes with you but the house elves are perfectly capable of caring for him during that time. He would be allowed to attend meals with you.”
 
“That sounds good. Are the house elves able to start tutoring him or something? His native language is actually Japanese. We're both going to end up bilingual in the end. I don't want to rob him of his heritage by only teaching him English; I want him to learn about his parent's culture.”
 
“That can be arranged Harry. Since the train may prove to stressful and dangerous would you prefer to arrive the day before so that you can settle him in without the distraction of your fellow students?”
 
“That would be great. Thank you Professor.”
 
“Harry? How are you coping, honestly? This summer hasn't been the easiest for you.” The honest concern on her face made him answer.
 
“I…it's been hard but Sasuke has been a great help. Caring for him has pulled me out of the funk I was in. he's a great kid and I love him. I'm still dealing with the whole Dumbledore mess; I still can't believe what he was doing. I thought he really cared about me.”
 
“Albus managed to fool us all Harry. I'm only sorry I never saw it. I argued with him that night but in the end I gave in. if I hadn't…”
 
“It wouldn't have changed anything Professor. Thanks for the help, I need to get home before Sasuke realises its past his lunch time.” Harry smiled and then left before she could say anything else. It was so hard to get the boy to open up that she was surprised he'd said as much as he had but perhaps Sasuke was helping him to open up more.
 
---------------------
Harry smiled and pointed out various things around the Great Hall in a mixture of English and hesitant Japanese to his otouto. He could already hear the other students approaching and was trying to keep Sasuke occupied so that he didn't have time to get scared by the noise or numbers. It worked until the doors opened. As the students spilled in Sasuke was suddenly in his arms, head buried in his robes. He held him tightly, whispering encouragements as the students fell silent at the sight of Harry Potter with a child half buried in his school robes. A scared but hesitant whisper reached the boy-who-lived.
 
“Aniki.” He hugged the toddler even closer, murmuring reassurances as Hermione and Ron pushed their way through the crowd and to their friend's side.
 
“Hello Sasuke. It's okay little one.” Hermione encouraged quietly. Slowly a dark head emerged and dark eyes blinked at her before the toddler threw himself at his `aunt'.
 
“Mione.” The toddler squealed, the crowd forgotten at the sight of another familiar figure. She laughed and caught the boy, letting him cuddle close.
 
“Sasuke this is Ron, he's our friend.” Harry explained seriously. Dark eyes studied the red head before he was given a hesitant smile.
 
“Ron?” Sasuke looked to his brother to make sure he'd gotten it right and grinned as the older boy nodded and smiled back.
 
“So who'd you knock up Potter.” Sasuke clung tighter to Hermione at the tone of Malfoy's voice. Harry stood calmly but protectively in front of his small family. He levelled chilling green eyes on the blond and the other boy actually took a step back.
 
“Leave my brother alone Malfoy. My family life is none of your business.” Harry's voice was as cold as his eyes and Sasuke whimpered, burrowing into Hermione's robes. The blond sneered but left and Harry waited a few seconds before sitting down and reaching for his brother. Hermione handed the protesting toddler over and Harry pulled him in close.
“Shhh, it's okay otouto. I love you kiddo.” Harry rocked the shaking boy for a bit but he wouldn't calm. He looked to the head table and met the concerned eyes of McGonagall. She nodded and Harry stood, easily holding the crying boy, leaving the Great Hall for their rooms. So much for an uneventful year, not even the first day of classes and Malfoy was causing him problems.
 
-----------------------------
Harry collapsed on his bed exhausted from a full day of classes. He'd just started to drift off when something slammed into his stomach. He sat up; wand ready and then flopped backwards amidst Sasuke's giggles.
 
“Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Wait till you have to spend all day in class.” Harry grumbled earning more giggles. Sasuke's grasp of English had come a long way in the last three months so that his language skills were fairly equal in both languages.
 
“Aniki grumpy.” The toddler stated making Harry laugh.
 
“Yeah, guess I am. Snape's being a bas…meanie.”
 
“Naughty Snape. Spank?” Harry cracked up at the mental image that caused.
 
“No, we can't spank Snape. He's a teacher.” He explained, trying to calm down.
 
“Gongall spank?” Harry had finally stopped laughing but that made him laugh even harder. He really didn't need to think about McGonagall spanking Snape.
 
“Adults don't get spanked kiddo.” Harry explained, sitting up and lifting Sasuke off of him placing him on the bed.
“Hang on, aren't you meant to be in bed by now?” Sasuke `eeped' as Harry got ready to pounce and ran as fast as his little legs could carry him into his own bedroom. But he only made it half way before he was grabbed and lifted into the air to hang upside down over Harry's shoulder. Squealing in laughter Sasuke began squirming to get down but Harry held on tightly and then dropped him down onto his bed.
 
“Story?” Harry got the book out and opened it to where he'd left off the night before. He'd only read ten pages before noticing the boy was asleep. He smiled and put the book away before bending to kiss his little brother goodnight and then left the room.
 
TBC…
How much of his old life in Konoha would Sasuke remember being only two?