Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own. Do I really have to write this stupid thing every chapter?
I've gotten some really great reviews and lots of info on Japanese words for brother and what Sasuke should be able to remember. I have also been told that Harry would call Sasuke, Sasuke-kun so he shall occasionally call him that from now on.
So far Kakashi is the most wanted for Harry's pairing since they will pretty much be the same age. Oops, forgot to mention Harry's sixteenth birthday, so he's actually 16 now.
By the way, I have no idea when Sasuke's birthday is so I'm making it up.
Chapter 3
 
 
“Relax Mr. Potter, Sasuke will be fine.” Harry relaxed slightly at the nurse's words. The toddler stirred fitfully in his arms and he rocked him gently, trying to sooth him.
“It's a rather common ailment in magical children, you probably suffered a lighter version yourself at some point. He'll be running around again in a few days and you'll never even know he was ill.” He smiled shakily at Madam Pomphrey. He'd been petrified when he'd returned from class to find a panicking house elf trying to wake Sasuke with no results. His panic had only grown when he'd lifted the child and felt the heat radiating from his body. He'd never been so glad to see Snape as when he'd almost literally run into the man in the halls. He'd taken one look and forced a potion between the unconscious toddlers lips before running with them to the infirmary. Sasuke had started convulsing half way there from his fever causing them to stop as the Potions Master forced more potions down his throat.
 
“Are there any side effects?” Harry asked, still shaky. He was actually grateful for Snape's presence in the corner.
 
“Don't worry dear he'll be fine.” Harry stared at her and grimaced. She wasn't telling him something. His gaze turned to his teacher and the man sighed.
 
“There is a possibility that he will lose his magic completely. With how high his fever went it is more likely then in your average case.” Harry's eyes widened and he cradled his brother closer. He glared at Pomphrey.
 
“When were you planning on mentioning that?” Snape quirked an eyebrow at the growl and Pomphrey stepped back slightly.
 
“You are still a child yourself Mister Potter, you don't need to worry about things like this.”
 
“Don't need to worry? He is my brother, my son by blood and you say I don't need to worry!”
 
“It is hardly a problem, I can easily arrange the paperwork.” She continued and Harry stared at her.
 
“What paperwork?” Snape's lips quirked into a half smile, half smirk. He had the feeling the poor nurse was about to end up on the wrong side of Potter's temper. He'd been watching the teen closely since the end of last year and had finally admitted that he wasn't his father. It was obvious how much he loved the child and how protective of him he was.
 
“To place him up for muggle adoption of course. It is the usual thing in such cases.” The ward went deadly quiet.
 
“You will do no such thing. No one is taking Sasuke from me. No one! He is my otouto, I will not lose him. I don't care if he doesn't have magic.” Harry practically hissed, making Snape shiver slightly. It was disturbing to hear coming from Potter, especially when every loose item in the room was rattling dangerously. He'd seen the damage the teen had done to the Headmasters office and didn't want to see the cause first hand if it could be avoided.
 
“Mister Potter caring for the boy, if he's lost his magic… It is a tradition to give up such children.” She tried to explain.
 
“Screw tradition. Try to take him and I'll fight you.” Harry stood, lifting Sasuke gently.
“If there is nothing more you can do then we're leaving.” Harry moved towards the doors and only stoped when Snape stepped forward.
 
“I'll bring you some pain relieving potions for the child and see to it that you remain undisturbed until he has recovered.” Snape smirked at the suspicion in the teen's eyes, so he'd finally learnt not to be so trusting.
“As you have so often pointed out Mr. Potter, you are not your father.” With that he gently pushed the stunned Gryffindor out of the ward and in the direction of his rooms.
 
------------------
“Nii-san?” Harry jolted awake and was quickly by the bed as he heard the weak call. He smiled down at the boy and helped him sit up enough to sip some water.
“Hurts.” The boy whimpered.
 
“I know, it's okay though. You'll feel better soon, promise.” Harry lifted him into his arms, cradling the toddler carefully. He reached out and snagged the potion bottle Snape had delivered earlier.
“You need to drink this Sasuke-kun. I know it's yucky but it'll make you feel better.” The boy obediently drank the foul liquid and feel back asleep quickly. Harry was relieved to find the fever had finally completely disappeared and that he seemed to be sleeping more naturally now. Snape had also kept his word, no one but the house elves who delivered his food had disturbed them the last two days. He settled down on the bed, not letting go of his brother. He only hoped Snape had kept the nurse from doing anything against his wishes, he really didn't want to end up accidentally blowing something up because she made him lose his temper. Harry sighed and shifted his grip slightly, he knew Sasuke would never receive a Hogwarts letter now, he could feel that all trace of magic had been wiped from him by the illness. But he had told her the truth, it didn't matter to him. Sasuke was a Potter now and he would always be a Potter, Harry's heir. Once he'd graduated he'd have to move somewhere with good schools. Sasuke would receive the best education Harry could give him and would be encouraged to find interests outside of school. He would have the childhood Harry had been denied.
 
------------------------------------
“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Sasuke-kun. Happy Birthday to you.” Harry sang as he held the cake out to his little brother. The boy was still bed bound almost a week after the emergency trip to the hospital ward but he was steadily improving. Hermione had been the one to find the charm to find out Sasuke's birthday so that they could celebrate on the actual day and know for sure how old the toddler was. As of today, December fifteenth Sasuke was officially three years old. Sasuke grinned and blew out the candles while Hermione and Ron clapped, Snape just watched from a nearby chair. Harry had finally let the three in two days ago to Snape's amusement. The man seemed to enjoy watching Harry turn into an overprotective mother hen. Sasuke eagerly unwrapped his presents, giving everyone a hug for them, even a surprised Snape. Harry and Hermione hid their laughter in their robes while Ron gaped.
 
------------------------
Harry groaned as he tried to open his eyes. His whole body ached fiercely. Trying to think back he came upon a blank spot in his memories. He'd gone to Hogsmeade with Ron, leaving Hermione behind with Sasuke since they boy hadn't wanted to go. They'd sat down for a butterbeer and then…Then what? He groaned again and tried to move but there was a weight on his chest. He cracked an eye open and was met with a mess of dark hair. He smiled and forced an arm up to wrap around the sleeping child. Sasuke woke at the movement and sat up, blinking blearily at him for a few moments before squealing and throwing his arms around Harry.
 
“Aniki!” Harry grunted as the pain flared but he fought not to show it, he didn't want to worry Sasuke.
 
“Hey kiddo.” He smiled and managed to ruffle his hair.
 
“Welcome back Mister Potter.” They both looked up to see Madam Pomphrey approaching.
“You had us all very worried for a while. Young Sasuke here has refused to leave your side the entire time.” She said with a small smile. They'd finally reconciled a month ago and things had gone back to normal between the nurse and her most frequent patient.
 
“What happened?”
 
“What do you remember?”
 
“Ron and I were having a drink at the Three Broomsticks then nothing.”
 
“Hogsmeade was attacked by Death Eaters. You and Mr. Weasley moved to help and were separated. The last he saw of you, you were facing Malfoy Snr. You were found badly wounded near his body. It looks like part of the building collapsed, striking you a glancing blow but crushing him.” Harry nodded, Sasuke still held securely in his arms.
“You've managed to once again miss the end of year feast and there will be visitors by later. I'll have some food brought in for you both.
 
---------------------------------
Harry snapped awake as the weight of a healthy three year old slammed onto his stomach.
 
“Happy Birthday Nii-san!” The boy yelled. Harry grinned and grabbed Sasuke tickling the laughing boy mercilessly.
“Mione made breakfast. Get up!” The young child pulled on his hand and Harry grudgingly crawled out of bed.
 
“She didn't give you any sugar did she?”
 
“Nope. Come on!” Harry grabbed his robe and then picked Sasuke up, carrying him piggyback downstairs. Hermione was spending the summer with them since her parents were in America and Emily had insisted that Harry and Sasuke needed a female around.
 
“Good morning Mione.” He greeted his best friend.
 
“Happy Birthday Harry. Ron'll be over later with your Weasley presents. The others are in the living room. But breakfast first.”
 
“Thanks.” They all sat and shared a cheerful meal, interrupted by Ron's arrival amongst a cloud of soot. They soon finished eating and watched as Harry opened his presents. The drawings from Sasuke were proudly pinned to the walls and the clay figure he'd made with Hermione placed on the mantle. The small but happy family spent the day playing games, eating sweets and chatting about nothing in particular.
 
TBC…
Going to snapshot mode otherwise this would end up several hundred chapters long.