Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
I've been told Sasuke's Birthday but December works for this so December it is.
So far HarryKakashi is still winning for a pairing. It will be decided in the next few chapters so get your opinion heard if you haven't yet!
It's been suggested that Sasuke be a Parselmouth and Harry have the Sharingan due to the adoption ceremony. What do you all think?
To any who are interested. I am hopeless at writing scenes going any further than a few kisses. So anyone who is interested can write said scenes for ch5 of Vampires Call, ch36 and 26 of Surrey Troubles, and/or ch9 of Dreams and then email them or it to me at kirallie@ausi.com . I will read them and then use the ones that fit best in the stories and say they came from you. Remember to make them appropriate for ffnet and MediaMiner.
 
Chapter 4
 
 
“Aniki! Aniki!” The group parted for the four year old as he ran towards his older brother. Harry laughed and bent, grabbing him and tossing him into the air amidst laughter from the other graduates. He settled Sasuke on his hip as he turned back to his conversation with Moody and Shacklebolt but the toddler didn't like that idea. The two Aurors fought not to laugh as the boy began using Harry as a climbing tree. The teen was obviously used to it as he kept talking, occasionally moving a hand to keep his brother from falling.
 
“Congratulations Potter.” They turned to see the Potions Master. Harry smiled at the man and nodded.
 
“Thank you Professor. Glad to be rid of me?” He teased.
 
“Potions will definitely be quieter without you and Longbottom. Still planning to become an Auror?” Snape's eyes went to Sasuke as the boy tried to climb from Harry and onto him. Sighing he accepted the bundle of energy. Harry watched his little brother as he played with the sleeve of Snape's robes. He honestly wasn't sure. The life of an Auror was not an easy or safe one and he had Sasuke to think of. But the training would be useful when it came time to face Tom.
 
“I don't know anymore.” He answered softly, eyes never leaving his little brother.
 
----------------------------
“Sasuke! You're going to be late!” Harry called upstairs as he finished gathering the five year olds lunch and putting it in the small backpack. He smiled as Sasuke came flying down the stairs.
 
“Do I have to go? Want to go with you.” Sasuke pouted and Harry smothered a laugh.
 
“But you'll have loads of fun kiddo. Think of all the friends you can make.”
 
“Don't need any.” Sasuke crossed his arms and Harry sighed. He sat on the bottom stair and pulled Sasuke onto his lap. They'd been arguing about Sasuke starting pre-school for months now. The boy wanted to stay with his nii-san but Harry couldn't take him to training with him all the time.
 
“Sasuke-kun you need friends your own age to play with. I can't always take you with me, it's too dangerous. I'm sure you'll love it if you just give the other kids a chance. School is great fun, you've heard all our stories from it.”
 
“That's Hogwarts it's different.” Harry sighed, Sasuke was right. He'd explained that Sasuke would never go there as a student and the boy had been more than a little disappointed but the move had taken his mind off it. They'd moved to a new area six months ago because of the local schools, they had very good reputations academically and a very large number of other activities such as sports. Sasuke needed to be around others his age, he was too used to being with Harry's group and people even older than them.
 
“Please, try it for a month. If you're still not happy we'll work something else out.” Sasuke frowned, trying to work out if Harry was being serious.
 
“Promise?”
 
“Promise.” Harry nodded seriously.
 
“Okay.” Harry grinned in relief and stood, glancing at the clock and then swearing, earning a giggle. He went read and gulped.
 
“Don't repeat what I just said, ever. Bad, bad, Harry. But we really need to move kiddo. Oh, remember no talking about you know what.”
 
“No talking about magic.” Harry sighed and then grabbed his little brother and ran out the door, the five year old squealing with laughter at his brother's antics.
 
--------------------------
“Something bothering you Potter?” He looked up at Moody and smiled sheepishly.
 
“Sorry Moody, Sasuke's first day. Had a bit of trouble getting him out the door this morning. Because of that he was late and it's seems my days been going down hill ever since.” Harry's head hit the desk with a thump and Moody laughed.
 
“Joys of parenthood Harry. Better get it together though. You've got me for combat today.”
 
“Oh joy. And I thought today couldn't get any worse!” Harry dragged himself after the laughing Auror.
 
--------------------------
“He's gorgeous Harry!”
 
“Yeah mate, what she said.” Harry grinned proudly at the other two thirds of the Golden Trio and then turned his attention back to the play. In all honesty it wasn't all that good considering the actors were all five years old but it was adorable. He clapped loudly as Sasuke gallantly rescued the damsel in distress before the dragon could eat her. The boy spotted them and paused to wave happily before continuing with his rescue.
 
“Did you see?” The five year old was bouncing in place as the three walked up.
 
“You bet we did.” Ron exclaimed, swinging the boy up onto his shoulders. As the tallest Ron let Sasuke have an excellent view of the crowded theatre. At six foot four Ron towered over Harry at five foot nine and Hermione at five foot six. Harry was just glad to no longer be the shortest of the group.
 
“Shelley!” The boy waved at his best friend from the red heads shoulders and the other five year old darted over. The girl was short and quiet but very smart for her age. Sasuke had rescued her from some older bullies during the second week of school and they'd become close friends. Sasuke's ability to fight the other boys off had come as a big surprise to Harry. The boy had admitted to vague memories of watching others do what Harry had worked out was training. One had apparently always shown Sasuke but the boy didn't remember who he was really. Apparently though some of it had stuck. So Harry had taken to doing some of his physical training at home when Sasuke was around, letting the small boy copy him and then try what he remembered. But Harry had always insisted that he be there in case Sasuke hurt himself.
 
“You did good Sasuke.” Shelley said quietly. Harry grinned and scooped the girl up onto his shoulders so that the two children could talk better in the crowd, keeping an eye out for her parents. They adored Sasuke but he knew they didn't think much of Harry himself. It wasn't like he could tell them what he did for a living or where he'd gone to school.
 
“What do you all say to some ice cream to celebrate?” Harry asked.
 
“Yeah! Ice cream!” Sasuke yelled, causing Shelley to laugh.
 
------------------------
“Happy Birthday Sasuke!” Harry sang as he threw back the curtains, flooding the now six-year olds room with sunlight. The boy simply burrowed deeper under his quilt.
“Well, I guess I'll just have to open all those presents myself.” Harry stated with a small smile. A dark blur was suddenly darting into the hallway much to his amusement.
“That worked.” He followed at a slower pace.
 
“What's this aniki?” Sasuke was holding up a certificate that had been in an envelope. It wasn't unusual for the two to switch between languages; both Potters spoke English and Japanese quite fluently since Harry had not wanted to deprive Sasuke of his birth culture.
 
“It's a plane ticket to Japan.” Harry held up a matching slip of paper but this one was in his name.
“I thought it was about time you saw the country of your birth. What do you say?” Sasuke's sudden bone crushing hug was enough of an answer.
 
-----------------------------------
Harry ducked and dodged behind a piece of what was left of a wall to catch his breath. They'd been fighting for nearly an hour now and neither side had made much headway. They couldn't withdraw until everyone had been evacuated and neither could the death Eaters since they were here to kill the evacuees. Harry sighed, this really sucked. He peeked out from his shelter and sent a few hexes at some exposed Death Eaters before ducking down again. In the last three months since returning from Japan the war had picked up a lot. He was only thankful that he'd decided to enrol Sasuke in a school in Japan for the coming years with Luna and Dobby caring for him. Luna had been injured in a battle last year, leaving her unable to fight the war. So far Japan had remained safe from Voldemort so he felt no fear in leaving his brother there until things quieted down. The six year old had not been happy about leaving his friends and family but Harry had given him no choice, it was simply becoming too dangerous in England.
 
TBC…