Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Sorry to disappoint but just because he's in Japan does not mean he'll be meeting any Shinobi anytime soon.
 
Chapter 5
 
 
Luna laughed as Sasuke roughhoused with Sevy, their year old border collie. The seven year old had adapted well to life in Japan but it was obvious he still missed Harry fiercely. It was rare that the eldest Potter had the chance to visit anymore since the war continued to escalate. Harry had given him the dog last Christmas and it had instantly been named for Severus, apparently much to the mans horror. The child was flourishing at school, finding the more demanding curriculum a welcome challenge compared to the work he'd been doing back in England. He still had very few friends but she wasn't too worried about that. With Harry's permission she'd even allowed Sasuke to join a local dojo and apparently they were very impressed with his progress, saying the boy was a natural when it came to fighting. She'd taken to teaching him potions since not all needed a magical brewer; there were many that relied on the magic of the ingredients instead. With Hermione's help she'd been researching other branches of magic that Sasuke could learn, leaning more towards wiccan and druidic magics since they called on outside forces. As Harry Potter's brother he was simply too big a target to be left with no way to defend himself.
 
-------------------------------
Harry collapsed on his cot, exhausted from the hours spent in emergency sessions with the various department heads. The war was not going well. Magic, at least in England, had been exposed to the general public when Tom had decided to attack in the middle of London in broad daylight. At least most muggles had been smart enough to realise that not all wizards wanted them dead so there had been no effort to reintroduce the idea of witch killings, yet. Harry couldn't bring himself to be optimistic enough to believe it wouldn't eventually happen if the war continued on as it was. He rolled over and stared at a dull wall. He missed the cosy house he shared with Sasuke but it no longer existed. Luckily he had already shipped his brother's things to him and had taken to carrying his own in his trunk, shrunken and transfigured into an earring. He smiled slightly as he remembered Hermione's reaction to that. He sighed, what he missed the most was his little brother. He missed being woken up by the boy jumping on his bed, running to make it to school on time, helping him with his homework, what little he had at that age. Luna kept him as well informed as she could but any contact raised the risk of them being found. His smile widened as he glimpsed the drawing that she had sent him at Sasuke's insistence, the boy was no artist but he treasured it because his little brother had made it for him. It was a picture of their entire odd little family in front of their old house. He sighed, he had been hoping to make it to Japan for his birthday but it looked like that was going to be impossible. He rolled over, wrapping himself in his blankets and forced himself to sleep.
 
----------------------
Luna frowned as Sasuke froze, head tilted as if listening to something only he could hear. And maybe he was, she'd given him several books on wicca and had watched him as he practised a few of the basics. She watched as he paled and then grabbed her hand, trying to drag her along.
 
“Sasuke what is it?”
 
“Danger, we have to leave!” Deciding to trust his instincts she began to run, lifting him into her arms. Luna stumbled as the wards collapsed, the magic washing over them but righted herself and kept running. She would not let them get Sasuke, even if it cost her life to do so. Sasuke screamed and she dodged, seeing a curse fly by. The child was trembling in her arms and the Death Eaters were catching up. How had they found them? Only Harry knew where they were and he would never tell, no matter what torture was used. With Sasuke screaming warnings she managed to avoid the various curses being sent after her but she couldn't run forever. She could feel the pain in her leg increasing the longer she ran, Sasuke's added weight not helping. She gathered her magic and managed to apparate a short distance. She put the child down.
 
“Sasuke you need to run okay. No matter what happens you keep running. Get into town and hide.” She slipped her order pin onto his shirt so that they would be able to find him.
 
“Luna?”
 
“I'll be fine. Go now!” The boy nodded and turned, running towards the town even as tears streamed down his face. He ran as fast as he could, witch considering his age and height was quite impressive. He forced himself to keep going even as he heard the fight start behind him. He turned as he heard Luna scream and froze, watching as she collapsed in an unmoving heap to the ground. He knew what that colour meant, the curse had been the same colour as his aniki's eyes. Luna was dead. He sobbed slightly and then forced himself to keep running.
 
“There he is!” He gasped and pushed himself harder. He had to make it! Remembering what he had learnt he calmed his mind and heart as best as he could and focused on the power coming from nature around him. Behind him he heard cursing as levitating tree branches tripped the men, giving him the time he needed to bolt into the town and disappear into the alleys.
 
--------------------------------
Sasuke collapsed to the ground from exhaustion. He'd been running for what felt like days but he was positive he'd lost them ages ago. He drew his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them for warmth. He huddled next to a dumpster, using the darkness to hide. He fought back tears of fear and pain; he couldn't afford to cry like a baby now! He had to stay strong till nii-san came for him. He knew his brother would come soon; he had to believe he knew something was wrong or else he'd cry. He stayed huddled in the shadows as night fell and his body slowly surrendered to exhaustion, his eyes slowly drifting shut and his body slumping. Because of that he didn't see the figures that emerged from the darkness around him, quickly surrounding him. He woke briefly before the world became distant and he felt warmth surrounding him.
 
The Death Eaters smirked behind their masks as the boy stood calmly waiting for orders, firmly under the influence of the imperious curse. He'd led them quite the merry chase but now they could return to their Lord, mission accomplished.
 
“Come here boy.” One of them ordered and the child obediently walked over. He held tightly to the small arm as their portkeys activated, taking them back to base and leaving no evidence the alley had ever been occupied, except a small pin lying on the ground.
 
------------------------------------
Harry stared in shocked horror at the body before him. He raised a shaking hand and gently brushed Luna's hair back, pulling away as he felt how cold her skin was.
 
“I'm so sorry Luna.” He whispered before straightening.
 
“Harry! We've got a lock on her pin.” He nodded and they apparated, wands drawn and ready. Harry looked around the alley, bending as light glinted off something half hidden under a dumpster. He bent and picked it up, Luna's pin. He crushed it in his fist, knowing what had happened. Luna had given Sasuke her pin so that they could find him. So where was he?
 
“Sir.” He turned to the younger Auror.
“We're picking up traces of Dark Magic. One of the Unforgivables was used about a day ago and there are traces of at least one portkey being used.” Harry closed his eyes. Sasuke.
 
“Destination?”
 
“Unknown.” Harry looked down as Hermione's small hand wrapped around his clenched fist.
 
“He's got him. Voldemort has Sasuke.” Harry stated quietly.
 
“We'll get him back Harry, no matter what it takes.” She couldn't say anything else as her friend vanished. She sighed and then straightened; with Harry gone she was in charge.
 
------------------------------
Sasuke huddled in the corner. He didn't know how he'd gotten here or how he'd been found but he was scared. He knew his nii-san's enemies had caught him and that it was going to hurt, a lot. He let out a quiet sob, he'd failed Luna. He wondered if Sevy was okay or if they had killed the loyal dog too. He wanted his aniki so much. Hearing a noise he looked up as the door was flung open.
 
“Get up boy!” He scrambled to his feet, knowing it would only hurt more if he fought back, now. He had to wait for the best time. He knew how to fight, he could and would escape. He flinched slightly as rough hands grabbed him and began dragging him through cold stone corridors. He had a very bad feeling about where he was being taken. He gasped as he was forced to kneel on the cold floor, his head pushed down.
 
“So this is the youngest Potter.” A cold voice hissed and Sasuke stiffened.
“A muggle brat. You caused my men a lot of trouble boy and for that you will be punished.” Sasuke barely had time to brace himself before the first curse connected. He fought not to scream but couldn't help it as he writhed under the cruciatus curse cast by Voldemort himself. He went limp as it was lifted, panting for air through a raw throat.
“At least you are more entertaining then your pathetic brother. It takes so much to make him scream.” One hand balled into a fist as the man insulted his brother. Sasuke resolved to stay strong, he had to he wouldn't make Harry look bad.
 
-------------------------------------
Sasuke whimpered piteously as hands moved along his skin, trying to get him to uncurl from his spot in the corner. He tried to fight back but he was so weak and it hurt so much.
 
“Shh. It's alright Sasuke-kun, its Harry, nii-san. I'm here kiddo. Please look at me.” He just whimpered again trying to get away. He could hear someone talking but the words didn't register. He gagged slightly as a potion was gently forced between his lips and then everything went black.
 
Harry gently lifted the broken body, trying not to cause the unconscious child any more pain as he stood. He cradled his little brother to his chest as he strode from the cell, pure fury radiating from his form. The few battling Death Eaters and Aurors backed away quickly from the enraged man radiating enough power to make all think twice about getting near.
 
Hermione and Severus appeared as Harry approached the medical tent, both paling at the sight of small, limp bundle in his arms. Severus was at his side instantly, potions already in his hand. Harry refused to hand the boy over so the medics were forced to work around him. No one was going to try and force them apart, not with the way his eyes were all but glowing killing curse green.
 
------------------------------------
Hermione watched from the entrance as Harry gently rocked his brother, being extremely cautious of his injuries. She swallowed her tears at the sight, no one believed the child would survive the night and all feared Harry's sanity should the boy die. Even if he did survive he had been held under the cruciatus for a long time, enough to cause insanity in a child. Sasuke was strong, but that strong?
 
-----------------------------
Harry gently lay the small body down on the cot and kissed his brothers forehead gently.
 
“I'll be back soon, I promise. Just hold on little one.” He brushed Sasuke's hair off his face and then turned and left the tent. He easily avoided everyone else in the encampment, heading straight for Slytherin Manor and what he knew would be the final fight. He met with no resistance as he entered the stone hallways, heading unnervingly for the `throne room' and the man who had stolen everything from him. He would not let him take anything else from anyone ever again. He didn't even have to touch the doors; in his anger they flew open, revealing a room full of Death Eaters and Dementors. Memories of his time with Sasuke and Sirius fuelled the most powerful Patronus any had ever seen and Prongs ripped through the foul creatures, actually destroying them.
 
“RIDDLE!” Harry yelled and the Death Eaters backed off, apparently they still had a sense of self-preservation.
 
“Harry Potter.” The red-eyed man hissed.
“Did you enjoy my gift? How is the little muggle?” Harry's answer was a wandless cutting hex, aimed at the Serpent like mans neck. Voldemort barely dodged, surprised by the show of power. Perhaps he had underestimated the boy. In seconds curses were flying back and forth, the Death Eaters doing what they could to avoid the two battling men. They began running as the battle started causing too much structural damage to the old house.
 
----------------------------
Harry moaned in pain as awareness slowly began to return. Everything hurt! In fact he was pretty sure even his hair hurt.
 
“Harry?” He managed to crack an eye open at the sound of a concerned female voice.
“Oh Harry! We were so worried when we found you in the rubble. You looked like you were dead!” He groaned as Hermione's voice went up, his head was killing him!
 
“I am sure that while Mr. Potter appreciates your concern Mrs. Weasley this is a hospital ward.” Harry managed a small smile that was more a grimace of pain than anything else as he heard Severus.
“A pain potion.” Harry let him raise him enough to swallow the potion and breathed a sigh of relief as the pain lessened greatly. He managed to fully open his eyes and look around; he'd know his surroundings anytime. He was in his bed in the Hogwarts hospital wing. But something important was missing.
 
“Sasuke.” He croaked and his heart froze as they exchanged hesitant looks. He gave as much of a glare as he could, letting them know they had better tell him.
 
“He's alive Harry, but he hasn't woken. They're not sure if he will.”
 
“Where?” Hermione moved and pulled back the curtain behind her to reveal another bed. Harry turned his head to study the small, still form and then began to push himself up.
 
“Harry don't! You're not to move.” Hermione yelled, trying to push him back down.
 
“Sasuke.” Severus moved over to the other bed and gently lifted the child, placing him down beside Harry and ignoring Hermione's protests. Harry rolled so that his little brother was cradled against him and ran a hand through the dark hair but Sasuke didn't move.
“Sasuke.” Harry whispered, pulling Sasuke even closer and burrowing his face in the silky hair to hide his tears. Knowing they needed to be alone Severus lead the distressed Hermione from the room.
 
-----------------------------
Ron wrapped his arms around his wife and she turned to sob into his chest. He tightened his embrace in alarm.
 
“Mione what is it? Harry?” She pulled back a little and gave him a watery smile.
 
“He's awake.”
 
“Then why the tears love?” He asked softly, gently brushing the tears away.
 
“He asked for Sasuke. Severus moved him to Harry's bed and he just curled up around him, crying.” Hermione began to sob and Ron held her close, tears falling from his own eyes at the thought of what his surrogate brother was going through.
 
“Everything will work out, it has too. He's lost so much, fate can't be this cruel.” Ron reassured her quietly, only half believing his own words.
“I love you.” He murmured into her hair and they fell silent, just standing in each other's arms, giving comfort. The war was finally over but the price had been too high.
 
-----------------------
Harry gently washed the now eight-year-old boy before slipping him into a fresh pair of pyjamas. It had been four months since Voldemorts defeat and Sasuke was still unresponsive and unconscious. Harry refused to give up hope though. He knew his little brother was strong enough to fight his way back in time. He'd had enough of the looks and comments two months ago and had fled the wizarding world, returning with Sasuke to Japan. His brother had been happy here before the attack and hopefully he could be happy again. He carefully carried the small boy into his room and settled him into bed. He absently petted Sevy as the dog lifted his head and wagged his tail at his Master. Sevy was very helpful, staying with Sasuke when Harry was out of the room and alerting him if he thought Harry was needed.
 
Harry settled into his own bed and turned out the lights, smiling slightly as the border collie made himself comfortable at Sasuke's feet to keep watch through the night. Harry didn't like the idea of leaving Sasuke for too long so they now shared a bedroom. Harry set the monitoring charms and then let himself drift off into sleep.
 
-------------------
Harry ran into the bedroom as Sevy continued to bark, ready for anything only to freeze next to the bed. He sat down and slowly reached out a shaking hand to his brother.
 
“Sasuke-kun?” He barely dared to breath at the sight of clouded dark eyes.
“Sasuke can you hear me? Please answer.” He slowly moved his hand and lifted the smaller own in his own. Sasuke blinked and slowly moved his eyes to their joined hands before looking at Harry's face. Harry felt a lump of fear settle in his stomach, there was no recognition in that gaze.
 
TBC…