Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
I know I'm a very horrible person but I couldn't have Sasuke leading the perfect childhood except for Harry's prolonged absence. There is no way he wouldn't have been a huge target as Harry's brother. I feel so horrible for torturing him and killing Luna but it needed to be done.
 
Chapter 6
 
 
Harry ran into the bedroom as Sevy continued to bark, ready for anything only to freeze next to the bed. He sat down and slowly reached out a shaking hand to his brother.
 
“Sasuke-kun?” He barely dared to breath at the sight of clouded dark eyes.
“Sasuke can you hear me? Please answer.” He slowly moved his hand and lifted the smaller own in his own. Sasuke blinked and slowly moved his eyes to their joined hands before looking at Harry's face. Harry felt a lump of fear settle in his stomach, there was no recognition in that gaze.
 
Harry flinched as Sasuke screamed and yanked his hand away, scrambling weakly back on the bed and away from him. Sevy barked in agitation and he quickly sent the dog from the room as Sasuke's screams gained volume and he curled in on himself as if protecting his body. Harry swallowed thickly and then slowly moved closer, talking softly to try and calm his brother down. He winced as Sasuke tumbled to the ground, glad for the extra thick carpet. He watched in agony as the small boy huddled in the corner, knees drawn up to his chest protectively as he rocked slightly and suddenly whished there were Death Eaters nearby for him to seek vengeance on. He pushed those feelings to the side, they would not help now and Sasuke needed him. Harry carefully got off the bed and sat on the floor near Sasuke but not close enough for the boy to feel threatened, hopefully. He leant against the wall and looked out the window, watching Sasuke from the corner of his eye and began to talk again about nothing keeping his voice soft and even. Sasuke eventually feel silent twenty minutes later but Harry knew it was only because he'd worn his throat out. And still he kept talking even as night fell. He only stopped once he was positive Sasuke had fallen asleep, the small body slumping slowly to the ground. Moving with the utmost care he lifted his brother and placed him back on the bed, tucking the covers securely around him to keep him from falling out if he startled awake. Harry sighed and ever so softly brushed Sasuke's hair off his face before settling into a chair beside the bed, he would not be getting any sleep tonight.
 
--------------------------------
Harry groaned as Sevy let him know it was time to get up. It had been a month since Sasuke had woken and ever day was the same, the boy would stay huddled in a corner all day while Harry sat and talked to him. Mealtimes hurt the most as he was forced to stun him so that he could feed him the nutrient potions that were keeping him alive since he wouldn't eat if Harry left food near him. He staggered to his feet and let the dog out before returning to the bedroom, he hadn't meant to fall asleep on the couch in his lab but he had. He'd discovered in his last two years of school that he was capable when it came to potions if his professor wasn't breathing down his neck the entire time. So he had been brewing some healing potions for Sasuke last night and had obviously fallen asleep.
 
He ate a quick breakfast and grabbed a nutrient potion before heading for the bedroom. He unlocked the door and slipped in, sighing as he saw Sasuke in his usual corner, at least he didn't scream as much any more. That had to be an improvement, right?
 
“Morning kiddo. Feel up to drinking this for me?” Sasuke didn't answer, just continued to watch him like a cornered animal but there was something different today. He sat slowly and began moving closer. To his surprise the boy remained still and quiet even as he sat right beside him, although his grip around his legs tightened significantly. Harry very slowly reached out and placed a hand on Sasuke's arm and while he flinched violently there was no other reaction to his touch. Harry smiled softly.
“That's it Sasuke-kun its just me, aniki. Come on kiddo, uncurl for me a bit.” Very gently and slowly he applied enough pressure to get Sasuke to uncurl slightly and slowly raised the bottle to the boys lips. Fearful eyes stayed locked on him the whole time.
“Its okay kiddo, not going to hurt you. You need to drink this okay?” When Sasuke just continued to watch him he tilted the bottle and was relieved when Sasuke swallowed.
“Good work Sasuke. Can you talk for me? Do you understand what I'm saying?” Sasuke simply continued to watch him and Harry sighed. He didn't know if Sasuke had suffered permanent brain damage or was simply locked in the memories of his time in Voldemort's care. If it were simply memories then he could snap out of it at any time but brain damage was permanent. He couldn't stand the thought of Sasuke being like this for the rest of his life, it wasn't fair. Harry smiled warmly at him and settled against the wall for a day spent talking to him.
 
--------------------
Harry leant his head back against the wall as he talked, staring up at the ceiling. Since the first time two months ago Sasuke had stopped fighting him when it was time for his potions although he still watched him fearfully the whole time and Harry was now able to sit right next to him most of the time, a big improvement in his mind. He didn't know if Sasuke was beginning to snap out of his memories or if he was simply beginning to understand that Harry wouldn't hurt him but it gave him hope that his little brother was in there still. He sighed and fell silent, it was getting late around the time Sasuke usually started drifting off. A quick glance to the side showed that dark eyes were beginning to close and he smiled. Sasuke turned to him and Harry stayed perfectly still. Ever so slowly the boy began to uncurl until he was sitting almost normally. Harry held his breath, as the dark eyes never left his, even as Sasuke slowly moved. When he stilled Harry was smiling like an idiot with Sasuke's head resting in his lap. He could feel the tension in the small body so very slowly he began running his fingers through the dark hair.
 
“Its okay Sasuke. Just go to sleep kiddo, I'll watch over you.” He whispered gently. Very gradually the boy began to relax and drift off to sleep. Harry remained awake all night, never stopping the soothing motion of his hand or losing the smile.
 
-------------------
Harry blinked awake and lay still, waiting for Sasuke to wake. He wouldn't move until he did for fear of startling the jumpy and fearful child. At least he would now hesitantly follow Harry to the bed at night, that had taken a lot of time and work but his back and neck had thanked him for it. Sasuke may only be eight but he was a twenty one year old war veteran. Even magical healing only went so far and he had the scars to prove it. He remained still as the small body next to him began to stir. Dark eyes blinked open sleepily and Harry smiled gently.
 
“Good morning Sasuke-kun.” Sasuke studied him, frowning slightly. Harry swallowed, that was the most expression, other than fear, that he'd shown since waking.
“Sasuke?” The boy hesitantly opened his mouth and then closed it again.
“Its okay kiddo, what is it? Come on I know you can do it, say something Sasuke.” Harry encouraged gently. Sasuke continued to occasionally go to speak for the rest of the day but he always stopped himself at the last minute. It was frustrating but Harry put up with that feeling because he really wanted to hear his little brother speak again. He still hadn't spoken when they went to bed that night although it felt to Harry as if he were curled a little closer than usual, his head resting over where Harry's heart lay.
 
Harry groggily opened his eyes, not sure what had woken him. He froze as his gaze locked with Sasuke's.
 
“Sasuke? Is something wrong?”
 
“Aniki?” The whisper was barely even there but Harry heard it and felt his heart constrict in hope and joy. Harry's grin was wide enough to split his face he was sure but he didn't care.
 
“I'm here Sasuke-kun, I'm here.” He answered, fighting tears. He slowly wrapped his arms around his brother, wrapping him in a warm hug and not letting go when the small body stiffened in fear.
“Its okay kiddo, I've got you you're safe. They can't hurt you anymore.” He felt Sasuke shudder in his arms and then warm moisture began soaking through his pyjama top. He began to gently rub the trembling back, hoping to calm his brother.
“You're going to be alright now. I won't let anyone hurt you.” Harry continued to whisper even after he realised Sasuke had fallen asleep again.
 
---------------------------
Harry smiled as he set the plate down in front of his brother. It had been three weeks since Sasuke had first spoken and he was definitely more aware of where he was now. He still flinched away from sudden contact but he would seek out Harry when he was in the bedroom and sit right beside him or even curl up in his lap. He'd spoken a few times but his voice was rusty from disuse, except for the screaming. Today would be the first try of solid food since Sasuke had bee rescued. He watched as Sasuke studied the plate before looking back up at him.
 
“Go on, give it a try. My cooking's got to be a thousand times better than those potions.” Harry teased. Sasuke shakily picked up the sandwich and took a very small hesitant bite. Harry sat beside him and wrapped his arms around him lightly when Sasuke climbed into his lap to continue his sandwich. It took nearly an hour but eventually the sandwich was gone. Harry continued to lightly hold the boy afterwards, just happy that Sasuke was no longer really afraid of him. He felt a gentle tug on his shirt and looked down. Sasuke was staring up at him in uncertain hope.
“What's wrong Sasuke?” He asked softly.
 
“Real?” Harry bit his lip and nodded in answer to the quiet question.
 
“This is real Sasuke, I promise. You're here with me.” Sasuke seemed to think about it for a while before nodding slowly.
 
“Don't leave.” Harry tightened the hug.
 
“Promise.” To Harry's delight Sasuke slowly returned the hug, burying his head in Harry's neck.
 
--------------------
“Happy Birthday Sasuke-kun!” Sasuke turned from where he was staring out the window to watch as Harry approached. The ghost of a smile touched his lips as he saw the silly hat on his aniki's head and the large cake with nine candles he was carrying. He then looked at the calendar and back to his brother.
“Okay so I'm three months late. But I wanted you to enjoy it kiddo.” Harry put the cake down and ruffled Sasuke's hair, making sure he saw his hand coming.
“Well, you going to blow them out or not?” Sasuke took a breath and slowly blew the candles out before carefully looking at Harry who nodded. Harry cut the cake and gave them both big pieces of the moist chocolate. Harry watched as Sasuke slowly ate his piece. He still didn't eat many rich foods since Harry was trying to let his stomach slowly adjust so the wizard wasn't surprised when Sasuke couldn't finish.
 
“Sorry.” Harry just smiled.
 
“There's plenty left for later Sasuke-kun. Don't eat more than feels comfortable.” Sasuke nodded and turned back to the window. Harry bit his lip sadly. Sasuke still tended to space out and he very rarely talked anymore, even though his voice had recovered. Harry knew that whatever torture he had suffered had changed his once always happy little brother forever.
 
TBC…
So it's been a year and seven months now since Sasuke was rescued and the war ended, just in case you wanted to know.