Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them.
There will be a brief mention of the Naruto world.
Chapter 7
Harry looked up and smiled as his brother walked through the front door. The ten year old had finally returned to school a month ago but had seemed to hit a wall in his recovery. He pushed a plate towards the kid as he sat down at the table opposite him. Harry reached out and ruffled the messy dark hair, earning a small smile, a very small one but it was still a smile.
“So, how's school?” He asked, earning a shrug.
“Your teachers seem impressed with your work.” Sasuke started eating but didn't answer.
“Do you want to go back to martial arts? And what about your magical studies?” Sasuke looked up at him, obviously thinking about it.
“Martial arts.” He answered quietly.
“Okay, I'll get you signed up.” Harry smiled again; Sasuke was finally taking an interest in life again. The boy nodded and continued eating. Harry sighed softly, he was happy Sasuke wanted to go back to class but he wished he would show some enthusiasm. He finished his food slowly as Sasuke finished his, put his plate in the sink and headed upstairs to do his homework.
Harry stood and opened the window as he spotted a familiar owl hovering outside. The snowy white owl swooped in and settled onto his arm, nipping his ear affectionately.
“Hey girl. Got a letter for me?” She nodded and extended her foot. Harry untied the parchment and sat back down to read. He smiled softly as he read. Hermione and Severus were the only two back in England he still communicated with since he had fled with Sasuke. His smile turned into a grin as he read Hermione's letter, she was pregnant with the next Weasley. That would make grandchild number five for Molly, she would be ecstatic. He laughed as he read Severus' letter, McGonagall had made him take her old position as deputy headmaster. Suffice to say he was not happy about the time it took away from his precious potions. According to him the British Ministry had finally given up the search for him. Harry was happy about that, he was tired of having to duck the various search parties.
----------------------------------
Sasuke walked down the street, heading home. Today had been his first day back at a dojo and he had enjoyed it even though he was exhausted. He kept his head down as he walked, trying to keep from being noticed by anyone from school, especially the girls. He hated all the attention; all he wanted was to be left alone. Harry understood, even though Sasuke knew Harry wished he were more like he had been before. Harry had times when he wanted to be alone too and he didn't socialise as much as he had when Sasuke was little. He knew Harry had seen a lot of bad things while fighting and that he often had nightmares because of it. They still shared a bedroom because of Sasuke's nightmares. He woke most nights scared and confused about where he was and it often took Harry a while to calm him down. He hated it and wished he could stop them but they still kept happening. Harry never said anything about it but he knew his aniki was worried about him. He hated worrying Harry, his nii-san had more than enough worries without him but he didn't know what to do.
------------------------
Harry looked up as his boss wandered into the room. He'd gotten a job after Sasuke had gone back to work for something to do during the day. He had purposely avoided any jobs that had anything to do with the magical world, not wanting anything to do with them anymore. Sure, he still used magic occasionally but he was quite happy living in the muggle world as a muggle. So he had managed to get a job working at a local museum behind the scenes doing research on various myths and legends, he found it fascinating how right and yet how wrong muggles had gotten things.
“Found some interesting things for you Harry.” Jarrod commented as he leant against the doorway. He was the only other Englishman working at the museum so they tended to work together a lot.
“Such as?”
“A lost continent.”
“Atlantis?” Harry arched an eyebrow.
“Nope, this is a different one. Apparently somewhere off the coast.”
“Of Japan? Interesting. How much have we got on it?”
“A few passages in some very old scrolls we just purchased from an estate. Hopefully you can find some more.”
“Hopefully.” Harry stood and followed him to the reading room. He sat down and began to go through the first scroll; luckily he had been forced to learn a bunch of ancient languages while researching for the war.
------------------------------------
“So how was your first day back?” Harry asked as he sat next to his brother, watching him work on his homework.
“Good.” Sasuke answered quietly.
“I'm glad. You look tired though.” Sasuke shrugged and then put his pen down.
“How was work?” Harry smiled at the question.
“Not bad. Some scrolls were bought that mention a lost continent off the coast. Sounds like a fascinating place. It seems to be a continent of fighters or something.”
“Shinobi.” Sasuke murmured, staring off into space.
“Sasuke-kun?” Harry questioned the pre-teen.
“Shinobi. Protect the village.” Harry stared, realising his brother was remembering something from before he had appeared in England. Was it possible the continent actually existed and that Sasuke was from there? What were the odds? But it made finding information more important. If it was Sasuke's original home did that mean he had family somewhere? Family that would want to claim him? But he was a Potter now, by blood. Harry shook his head, he could think about it later. For now he wrapped his arms around his little brother in a hug.
“Aniki?”
“It's okay. You're just remembering something from before you came to me.”
“You think I could be from there?” The ten year old asked.
“If its real then its possible. I'll keep looking till we know Sasuke.”
“What happens if?” Sasuke asked hesitantly.
“If you want to go and we can find it then we'll go. You might have more family there.”
“You're my family.” Sasuke stated. Harry smiled and tightened the hug for a second before letting him go.
"Wouldn't you like to have more than just me?" Sasuke shook his head.
"Just because you might have more family doesn't mean I'd leave you kiddo." Harry reassured, sensing the reasoning behind Sasuke's reluctance.
"Never?" Sasuke asked very quietly. Harry smiled warmly down at him.
"Never." He reassured.
TBC...
I know it's short but it's better than nothing.