Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't suddenly own Harry Potter or Naruto.
Chapter 8
Harry slipped down the street, careful to keep his hood up and his face hidden. Last thing he needed was for someone to recognise him. Spotting the shop he wanted he picked up his pace and quickly stepped inside. Seeing as it was the middle of term the store was empty except for the two identical redheads. Both tensed slightly seeing as he was hidden in a black cloak. Harry smiled; peacetime hadn't lessened their paranoia.
“You'd think you would be happy to see your main investor.” He commented softly. Two sets of eyes widened in shock before he was quickly ushered to the back of the store.
“Harry? Is that you?” In answer he took his cloak off and was promptly smothered in twin bone-crushing hugs.
“Hey guys, how have you been?”
“Not bad.”
“Business has been up”
“Since Hogwarts re-opened.”
“Hermione's pregnant.”
“Again.” Harry laughed at the twin's unique way of speaking, he'd missed them. He ignored the walking stick that Fred leant on, trying not to let the guilt overwhelm him.
“So what brings you,”
“Our most wonderful investor and saviour,”
“To our most humble shop?”
“I need some help. I've found references to a lost continent off the cost of Japan and when I mentioned it to Sasuke it triggered some memories. I've exhausted all the references I could find through work without learning much. I don't want to risk being seen in the Wizarding world or I'd do the research myself.” Harry explained.
“Leave everything to us
“we'll find it if it exists.”
“Thanks guys, you're the best.”
“How is the little guy?” George asked seriously making Harry smile.
“A lot better. Still very quiet and often withdrawn but he's back at school and at a dojo. All of his teachers are impressed with him.” The twins smiled, relieved that Sasuke had recovered from his captivity since they really liked the kid. He had helped them with several pranks before Harry had sent him to Japan with Luna for safety.
-------------------------------
Harry grinned as Sasuke knocked the older boy to the mats and was declared the winner. He joined the other proud families who made their way towards the students. Sasuke gave a small smile and Harry scooped him up in a hug.
“I'm proud of you kiddo.” He whispered in the youngest Potter's ear.
“Your brother is an amazing student sir.” Harry turned to face Sasuke's sensei and bowed politely to the older man.
“Thank you. He seems to enjoy himself when he's here, more so than school.” Sasuke went slightly pink causing the two to laugh.
“If he keeps going the way he is he may be able to beat me in a few years.” The old man said quietly and then moved off.
“Wow. How about ice-cream to celebrate.”
“Yes please.” Sasuke answered, his smile widening.
----------------------------
Sasuke stood in the doorway, watching as his nii-san poured over the books that had arrived earlier. He knew the books were about the continent and that Harry was pouring so much energy into the search because of him. He smiled softly, pleased that Harry cared so much about him. He wasn't as worried about Harry leaving him if they found his original family, Harry had sworn a magical oath after all, but he still couldn't get rid of all of his fear.
“Someone's thinking loudly.” Sasuke jumped as Harry spoke.
“Come here kid.” Harry took his glasses off and opened his arms. Sasuke walked over and wrapped his arms around his big brother.
“Found anything?” Sasuke asked quietly.
“More rumours about the people and demons. Apparently there was a war between them and wizards that ended in a stalemate, that's when all mention of them vanishes.”
“So they went into hiding for protection?” Sasuke questioned.
“Maybe, or just to stop any future fights. Looks like the place is warded more heavily than pretty much any other place on the planet.”
“Then how?”
“We'll think of something. We have to figure out exactly where it is first. But...if we do go it may be a one way trip so we need to think about this very carefully.” Harry explained and Sasuke nodded, knowing it was very serious.
---------------------------------
“Hey Jarrod, how's the exhibit going?”
“Great! I don't know where you found those references but everyone loves them.”
“Thanks. I just called in some favours back in England.”
“You're really taken with the idea of this continent aren't you?” Jarrod asked.
“I find it fascinating. I mean, imagine it an entire continent of people that have evolved with no outside interference in a thousand or more years.” Harry grinned in excitement and his boss laughed.
“Well, good luck.” Harry blinked in surprise.
“Oh come on, I know you're going to keep looking. Just be careful if you decide to go looking in person.”
“I doubt it'll get that far but thanks.”
------------------------------
Harry blinked. He adjusted his glasses and re-read the page. A wide smile slowly spread across his face. He discreetly used magic to copy the relevant passages and left the library to apparate straight home. He began to check the information against the other passages, maps and satellite images. Exactly one hundred kilometres off the coast was a spread of deep water with nothing else, no small islands, no shipping routes, nothing. It was like everything was encouraged to ignore the area simply because there was nothing there. The satellite images were definitely off, showing an expanse of deep ocean surrounded by shallower water that indicated there was land nearby. He grinned and left the room to find Sasuke.
“I found it!” The eleven year old jumped slightly at his brother's sudden appearance.
“Found?” He asked, looking at Harry as if he were nuts.
“The continent! Well, I'm ninety percent sure I've found it. Look at all this.” So the two brothers spent the afternoon going over Harry's findings. By the end Sasuke was smiling as well.
“So what now?”
“I'm going to rent a boat and go out to take a look.”
“We're going to rent one.” Sasuke corrected him but Harry shook his head.
“No Sasuke, not until I've had a good look at whatever wards are on the area.”
“But...”
“Sasuke, I won't risk you. I can apparate out if anything goes wrong and I'll take a portkey as well. I promise that any other trips to the area you can come too but not this time.” Sasuke sighed but agreed, knowing Harry would not give in.
------------------------
Harry turned the engine off, double-checking his coordinates. He looked out over what appeared to be calm seas before going to drop the anchor. Once he had the ship secured he gathered his supplies and made himself comfortable on deck. He wasn't a curse breaker like Bill Weasley but the older man had taught him more than a few tricks during the war although the other had often joked that Harry didn't need the tricks, he had enough power to simply overload most wards. But not these wards, they had been made to hide an entire continent for all time and that took more power than even he had. Harry summoned his ancestor's sword and laid it across his lap, he had the feeling he'd need the extra power the sword gave him. He pulled out both of his wands, his original holly and phoenix feather one and his second, more personal wand. This wand he had made himself under Ollivander's watchful eye. It too was made from holly, twelve inches, but the wood had been soaked in a mixture of basilisk venom and his blood. The core contained a thestral hair and some of Sasuke's blood. He had wanted a wand no one else could wield and he had gotten one. Any Parseltongue could use a wand soaked in basilisk venom but the addition of his blood meant only someone who shared his blood could use it. Unfortunately that had meant Voldemort could have if he hadn't added Sasuke's blood to the core. Since Voldemort had taken Harry's blood in fourth year he did not share blood with Sasuke like Harry did. The wand felt even more comfortable than his phoenix one and allowed him to access even more magic, it was also better for battle magic.
When Harry re-opened his eyes the sun was setting and he was utterly exhausted. He put his magical supplies away and then turned the boat to shore. He didn't want to risk spending the night so close to the wards if he didn't need to. At least he should only need tomorrow to finish his work.
-------------------
Sasuke sat on the dock, waiting impatiently for Harry, not that anyone could tell by looking at him. He'd received a few odd looks from the various sailors but had ignored them; he wasn't moving until Harry returned. He stretched his senses out and smiled as information flooded them. It had taken him a lot to finally take up his magical studies again but he had decided to do so once they had started looking for his birthplace. Harry could not be expected to always have to protect him and they would be alone on the continent with no one to truly trust. He would not be a liability. He smiled as the boat his brother had rented came into view. It widened as Harry spotted him and waved hello. He waved back and was on board as soon as it was safe to do so. From Harry's smile he knew, they had a way in.
--------------------------
“You've got everything?” Harry asked for the millionth time making Sasuke smile.
“Yes Aniki. I've said goodbye to everyone as well. They all think we're moving to America. You already shrunk my trunk for me and I have the necessary ingredients for a variety of defensive spells plus weapons.” Harry grinned sheepishly even as Hedwig pecked him before flying to rest on Sasuke's shoulder.
“Okay, okay, I can take the hint.” Harry shrunk his own things and slipped the transfigured trunk into his ear. No one would be able to tell it wasn't a real earring. Hermione had had a fit when she'd found out he had pierced Sasuke's ear for the same purpose but it was the safest way to carry them.
“Right, I obliviated Jarrod and the others at the museum just in case and sent off our goodbye letters by rental owl so it looks like we're ready to go.” Sasuke nodded and shifted nervously.
“Last chance to change our minds.” Harry offered but Sasuke shook his head.
“Okay then, hold on tight no matter what.” Harry knelt so Sasuke could climb onto his back, leaving his hands free. Harry took a deep breath and gathered his magic, smiling as he felt the more earthy magic Sasuke called to help him. He felt the pressure build and then with a loud crash the house was empty.
TBC...
So we say goodbye to the world of Harry Potter. Next chapter, hello the world of Naruto.