Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 28

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them.
 
Chapter 28
 
 
Harry splashed water over his face, shaking off the remains of the nightmare. He'd been expecting the backlash from his attack on Itachi but this was worse than he'd thought. He was suddenly glad for his upbringing, the Dursley's may have been bad and Hogwarts not that much better but at least he had some support.
 
“Harry?” A concerned voice called and he turned to see Kakashi leaning in the doorway, dressed in simple sleeping pants.
 
“I'm okay.” He answered, turning the taps off and drying his face off. Harry moved closer and Kakashi wrapped his arms around his waist. Harry rested his forehead on Kakashi's shoulder and accepted the comfort.
 
“I heard you screaming from down the hall.” Kakashi told him and Harry shrugged slightly.
 
“Nightmares that aren't mine. Side effect from ripping through Itachi's mind.”
 
“You're getting Itachi's nightmares? Harry...”
 
“I'll be okay Kakashi, I can handle nightmares.” Harry soothed and Kakashi nodded slowly, relaxing his grip a bit.
“Would you...could you stay with me tonight?” Harry asked softly and Kakashi had to think. He had never actually shared a bed with someone for the night before.
“It's fine.” Harry started to pull away and Kakashi tightened his grip.
 
“It's not that Harry. I've never spent the night in the same bed as someone. I'm worried about how I'll react to movement or anything in the night.” Kakashi told him and Harry looked up with a smile.
 
“So I sleep with my wand in hand. I trust you Kakashi.”
 
“Okay.” Harry smiled and led Kakashi down the hall to his own room.
 
----------------------------------------
“Sleep better?” Harry opened his eyes and smiled up at Kakashi who was leaning up on one elbow and watching him.
 
“Yeah. No more dreams that I can remember at least.” Harry answered, leaning up to give Kakashi a soft kiss.
“I'm going to be spending the day meditating, trying to sort his memories out. Do you want to stay here or have me drop you off somewhere for the day?” Harry asked and Kakashi thought about.
 
“I'll stay in, might need someone to watch your back or help wake you up.” Harry smiled and got up.
 
“I'll make breakfast, why don't you grab a shower?”
 
----------------------------
Kakashi looked up from his book to stare at Harry. The wizard was sitting on the ground, body relaxed and eyes closed, he'd been like that nearly all day. Kakashi was worried about him, he knew Harry had seen war but having Itachi's memories on top of that? It was no surprise that Harry had had nightmares the last few nights. The only up side to the whole thing was maybe Harry could find some useful intel amongst everything.
 
He smiled as Harry shook his head and his eyes opened. Green soon locked onto him and Harry got up walking over to give him a soft kiss.
 
“You okay now?” Kakashi asked and Harry nodded.
 
“All sorted and stored away. I'm going to need to talk to Sandaime at some point about a few things, nothing urgent though. How about some lunch?”
 
----------------------------
“We need to talk Itachi-san.” The missing-nin spun to see the stranger who had attacked him in Konoha. He tried to go for a weapon but found he couldn't move.
“Relax, if I was going to kill you, you'd already be dead. How's your head?” Curious green eyes observed him and Itachi wondered how he was supposed to answer if he couldn't move but decided to try anyway.
 
“Fine.” He was surprised he managed to speak.
 
“Liar. But then again you lie about a great many things, don't you? The real reason behind the massacre, your joining Akatsuki, shall I continue?”
 
“Who are you? How do you know that?”
 
“Simple, when I tore through your mind I also copied your memories. Trust me, it's an unwanted side effect. My nightmares are bad enough without yours on top of them. As for whom I am, Potter Harry. Adopted father of one Uchiha Sasuke.” Itachi felt himself go pale. Was it possible? Could his little brother actually be alive.
 
“You lie. Sasuke is dead.” Itachi did his best to glare at the man in front of him who sighed and then locked eyes with his. Itachi tried to look away as he felt another mind against his but this time the intrusion was gentle. And then the world around him changed. He watched as the man, now a boy, opened a door to find Sasuke on his doorstep, watched his baby brother slowly grow up and become a shinobi of Konoha. Then the images were gone and he was staring into understanding green eyes.
“They told me he was dead in an accident.”
 
“They may have believed he was Itachi.”
 
“He hates me.” Itachi sank back as he suddenly regained the ability to move.
 
“No, he has no reason to hate you or like you. He doesn't remember you or your clan and I raised him to never believe what he is told about someone without knowing them. Should I explain to him what I have learned of you?”
 
“No. He is safe in Konoha, if he were to learn the truth...”
 
“He would still be safe in Konoha. The council has been made aware that they should not cross me.” Harry gave an amused smirk and Itachi wondered what the older man had done.
“It is your choice of course, unless your decision puts him in danger at some point and then I will act. But Sasuke can handle the truth.”
 
“I would like to see him.” Itachi admitted softly and Harry smiled.
 
“Team 7 has a mission to one of the small border towns in a few days.” Harry handed over a scroll with directions.
“I haven't said anything to anyone else so stay out of sight of the others.” With that Harry vanished.
 
----------------------------------
Harry smiled to himself as he felt a familiar presence, so Itachi had decided to check in on his little brother, good. Kakashi remained oblivious to the missing-nin's presence, the only reason Harry knew was he'd placed a discrete tracker on Itachi while they'd been talking. The presence remained all through the mission and when things, as they inevitably did, went wrong several of the thugs suddenly disappeared when they started to target Sasuke. Sasuke stared at Harry in wonder but he just gave a small, secretive smile and his adoptive son just shook his head in annoyance. Once they were done Harry called Sasuke over for some private training.
 
“What's going on niisan, that wasn't me and it wasn't you.”
“No, it was the person standing behind you.” Harry answered and then teen spun, freezing as he saw the older version of himself standing there, minus the red and black cloud cloak. Sasuke swallowed and then took half a step forward, unsure.
 
“Harry-niisan?” Sasuke asked and Harry smiled softly.
 
“It's okay Sasuke.” Harry gave him a gentle push and Itachi was nearly knocked over by the dark haired missile that slammed into him and refused to let go. Shocked the older Uchiha managed to rest a gentle hand on his siblings head.
 
“Itachi-niisan?” Sasuke asked quietly, tilting his head back to stare up at his brother who nodded, icy mask softening for his brother.
 
“I missed you Sasuke-kun.” Was the very soft answer. Neither noticed Harry slipping away.
 
TBC....