Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

By: AlwaysHiei

Chapter- 4

"Well, here it goes. Hopefully, when I leave here, it'll be with Sasuke/Naruto/Sakura/Hinata." They all said, before entering the dance.

Luckily, it was dark, so, their disguises weren't as easily called.

Sakura swiftly made her way through the park, in search of Sasuke. 'What if he didn't come? I mean, he doesn't seem like the dancing kind of person...' Sakura thought. 'No! I can't give up!! I haven't died my hair blue, changed my personality, put on white contacts, and Embarassed myself in front of Ino for nothing!!'

Naruto was also going through the croud, looking for Sakura. 'I know she came! She had to of. She'd never give up a chance with Sasuke, however slim the chance is.' As Naruto was thinking this, he was unknowingly spotted by Sakura.

'Ah! It's Sasuke!! He came!!' Sakura thought as she ran over to Naruto.

"S-Sasuke-Kun. It's n-n-nice to see y-you!" Sakura said from behind Naruto.

"Huh? Oh! Hey, Hinata-San." Naruto replied. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"I-I guess. I j-j-just got h-here." Sakura explained. 'Allright, then. I guess I'll make my actual self look good, and I'll make sure that the fact that Hinata likes Naruto is NAILED into his brain.' "H-have you s-seen, N-Naruto-Kun?"

"Huh? No, I-I haven't, but, Why?" Naruto asked, a little confused. 'Why's Hinata looking for me?'

"Oh, W-well, I a-actually o-only came t-too hopefully s-see him." Sakura replied. "He a-actually c-convinced me t-to come, and, s-said I'd d-dance with him."

"What? I never said--I mean, uh, the idiot never said that." Naruto insisted. 'I'd remember something like that, wouldn't I?'

"H-how would y-you know that, S-Sasuke-San?" Sakura asked, a little suspicious.

"Because, H-he would've, um, told me. We always tell eachother that kind of thing." Naruto explained. 'Almost blew my cover!'

"R-really? I d-didn't know y-you were that c-close. I knew you w-were best f-freinds, but, not r-really c-close to the p-point of t-telling eachother s-secrets and s-such." Sakura replied, a little surprised. She didn't know they told eachother EVERYTHING.

"Yeah, Surpirsing, huh?" Naruto said, lamely. "So, uh, why don't we sit down?"

"Um, s-sure." Sakura affirmed, as she sat at a small table with Naruto.

Hinata was currently walking around, looking for Naruto. 'Where could he be? I know he came!! I JUST know it!!' Hinata thought urgently.

Sasuke was also walking around, in search of Hinata. 'Maybe she didn't come. She IS a really shy person, after all. She might've been too embarassed to actually dance.'

As Sasuke was lost in thought, Hinata happened to spot him walking about.

"Ah! Naruto-Kun!!" Hinata called after the Uchiha, who was forced to stop for the sake of keeping his cover.

"Ah! Sakura-Chan!" Sasuke called back, as he was waiting for her to catch up with him. "I'm glad you came."

"Yes. I'm glad you came, too." Hinata replied. "Have you seen Sasuke-Kun?"

"No, why? Can't you stay with me, Sakura-Chan?" Sasuke asked, a little embarassed. 'This is all for Hinata!'

"But, Sasuke-Kun..." Hinata said, a little uncertain. She was planning to put a good word in for herself and make sure he knew Sakura like Sasuke, but, she couldn't say no to his pouting face. He was just so darned cute to her. "Oh, allright, Naruto-Kun. How about one dance?"

"Of course, Sakura-Chan!"

"Say, Hinata. Why don't you dance with me, while we wait for Naruto?" Naruto suggested, holding out his hand.

"Oh, o-okay." Sakura replied, accepting his hand and walking with him to the dance floor.

'Since I promised her, one dance couldn't hurt. Besides, it'll help me with Sakura.' Naruto thought as a he and Sakura danced to a fast-song.

'This'll help me with Hinata, so, it's okay.' Sasuke thought as he danced with Hinata.

'Oh, Sasuke.... I'm seriously dancing with Sasuke. Too bad I look like Hinata, but, this'll do.' Sakura thought happily.

'Ah, I'm dancing with Naruto-Kun. Don't faint. Don't faint. Don't faint!' Hinata thought frantically, as she happily danced with Sasuke.

After the quick song was over, a slow one was played, and, the four quickly left the dance-floor.

"Well, Sakura. I'm gonna go find Hinata, so, seeya!" Sasuke said, as he left Hinata, who proceded to find Sasuke. She needed to make sure Naruto knew that Sasuke and Sakura were together.

"Bye, Hinata." Naruto said, overdramatically, as he left to go find Sakura. Sakura then proceded to find Naruto.

This time, Sasuke found Sakura first.

"HINATA-CHAN!!" Sasuke yelled loudly at the artificially blue-haired girl in front of him.

"Oh, N-Naruto-Kun!" Sakura said, as she turned around to look at him. "H-How are y-you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." Sasuke replied. He had to find 'Hinata' in order to make sure that she knew that Naruto loved Sakura, not Hinata. "Have you seen Sakura-Chan? I was planning on spending tonight with her."

"No, I-I haven't.N-Naruto-Kun, would y-you like t-to dance?" Sakura blurted out. She wasn't in the mood for wasting time right now; She wanted to be with Sasuke as soon as possible.

Sasuke couldn't help it, He HAD to say yes. "Um, okay. Just once, though."

With this said, they went to the dance floor for another fast-paced song.

This time, it was Naruto who found Hinata.

"Sakura!" Naruto called as he approached Hinata.

"Sasuke-Kun!" Hinata replied, with fake enthusiasm.

"So, have you seen Hinata?" Naruto asked.

"Um, no, I haven't." Hinata replied, really confused. 'Why's Sasuke looking for me?'

"Oh, that's too bad. I really wanted to dance; with HER." Naruto explained. He was trying to make Sakura realize Sasuke didn't like her, and that she should let him go.

"Oh, really. Since she's not here, why not dance with me?" Hinata suggested.

"Well, okay." Naruto accepted the offer. One dance couldn't hurt, could it?

As they danced together, Ino and Neji happened to dance between the two 'Couples'; Naruto and Hinata, Sasuke and Sakura. They were the only people keeping all of their plans from being foiled.

"Oh, Hey, Sakura!" Ino called to the actual Sakura, who ignored her. Instead, Hinata answered her.

"Hello, Ino, Um, pig?" Hinata replied, a little unsure of what to say.

"Since when did you start insulting Ino, Hinata?" Neji asked, shocked.

"I-I didn't." Sakura replied. She and Sasuke couldn't hear Hinata and Naruto, and, it went vice-versa for them, too.

"I KNOW, you didn't, Sakura-San. I was talking to my cousin." Neji replied, sarcastically.

"Where's your cousin?" Naruto asked.

"She's dancing with you, idiot." Neji said.

"Um, I'm not related to you, Neji-San."

"Who are you calling an idiot, Neji?" Sasuke asked.

"My cousins 'Date'." Neji explained.

"Me, you mean?" Sasuke asked.

"No. I mean my cousins date." Neji insisted.

"I am your cousins date!" Sasuke, too, insisted.

"Y-Yes, Neji-Nii-San. H-He's with m-me r-right now." Sakura affirmed.

"I don't particularly CARE who you're with, Sakura-San." Neji replied.

"Hey! I care, Neji! She's my best friend." Ino defended.

"If you don't care, then why do you keep bringing it up?" Hinata retorted.

"Because you're my cousin and I DO care." Neji explained.

"If y-you do c-care, then why d-did you j-just s-say you d-didn't?" Sakura asked, gettng suspicious.

"Because I don't care about your date, Sakura-San." Neji said.

"If you don't care, then, wh did you say you did?" Hinata asked, getting suspicious.

"Because--oh, never mind! The songs over!!" Neji yelled, very irritated.

"Let's go get something to drink, Neji!" Ino suggested, as she and he made their way off of the dance floor, Hinata and Naruto in front of them, Sasuke and Sakura going the other way.

"Is Hinata's cousin insane, or what?" Naruto commented.

"Yeah, he's definitely weird!" Hinata agreed. 'More lke extra sharp!'

"Well, I need to go find Hinata now. Bye, Sakura!" Naruto called as he ran off.

"Jeeze, your cousins weird, Hinata! I mean, he must hear voices or something." Sasuke commented.

"Y-yeah, b-but he protects m-me and a-all." Sakura defended.

"Yeah, that's cool. But, I gotta go find Sakura now. Bye!" Sasuke called as he ran off.

TO BE CONTINUED

Sheesh! This is confusing When I have to write it!! Oh well, it's worth it. I'm updating so soon simply because I was, and am, ecstatic about the amount of reviews I've recieved in such a short amount of time.

Thanks for the many reviews, and, I encourage you all to please review again.

About the whole "They could just use jutsu's" thing. it's funnier this way I think. So, let's just say that they didn't want to use up chakra all night. That's my excuse.

I won't be updating quite this often, because, weekends don't last forever and it's easiest for me then. Sorry!

Once again, please, review!!

ALL READERS!! I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE! And, some votes!

First off, anyone have any suggestions as to how I might make this less confusing for my readers? It's seems to be hard to read.

And, as for votes, Anyone want a particular pairing in the story? So long as it does NOT involve Sakura/Hinata/Sasuke/Naruto/Ino/Neji.

It'll probably be first come, first serve. Unless, I happen to like another pairing better.

So, review your suggestions/votes in.

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei