Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ Dancing and Girl Power ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

So, I guess the parenthese helped, hm? I'll do my best to not get mixed up!

Chapter- 6

'Oh, great. I can't find Hinata OR Sakura anywhere, and, I might run into that idiot Naruto anytime.' Sasuke (Naruto) thought irritatedly.

"Oh, man! This is GREAT! I wish I had a camera!" Somebody, who turned out to be Kankurou from the sand village, yelled while pointing staight at Sasuke.

"What is it, Kankurou? Quit wasting time." Gaara said, as he walked over to his brother.

"Yeah! I want to find someone to dance with or something like that as soon as possible. You two are bugging me." Temari complained as she followed her brothers to Sasuke.

"It's Sasuke Uchiha, wearing bright orange!! ORANGE!!" Kankurou yelled, before completely cracking up.

Sasuke (Naruto) just sighed depressingly. He already felt stupid enough without that idiots comments.

"I didn't know you liked bright colors so much, Sasuke." Gaara commented while smirking.

"Ehhh? You looked WAY better before, if you asked me." Temari said, with a look of dissapointment on her face. "And I was hoping to hang out with you, too. Oh well."

Kankurou, who was on the ground laughing, suddenly jolted up and pointed in another direction. "Woah. Is this dance supposed to get everyone to dress up stupidly, or what?"

"What do you mean?" Gaara asked curiously.

"I mean, isn't that Hinata Hyuuga, Neji's cousin? With PINK hair and GREEN eyes?" Kankurou explained.

"What the? I thought Hyuuga's always had white eyes or something." Temari said.

'Hinata Hyuuga? What in the heck are they talking about? That's clearly Sakura!' Sasuke (Naruto) thought. 'Idiots.'

Hinata (Sakura) spotted the sand nins pointing at her, and walked over to ask them what was going on. That was something Sakura would do, right?

"Excuse me, but, why are you staring at me?" Hinata (Sakura) asked.

"Why do you think?" Kankurou asked, once again on the ground laughing.

"Um, I wouldn't really know." Hinata (Sakura) replied a little uncertainly.

"It's because you died your hair pink, and your eyes are green, Hyuuga." Temari stated.

'Is my disguise really that obvious to everyone but Sasuke, Naruto, and I?' Hinata (Sakura) thought. 'What do I tell them? I mean, Naruto is right here!'

"...Eheheh!" Hinata (Sakura) said while scratching the back of her head.

"Uh.... Hey, Sakura-Chan!" Sasuke (Naruto) greeted the girl finally. "Nice to see you, again!"

"Hello, Naruto-Kun. Good to see you, too!" Hinata (Sakura) greeted Sasuke (Naruto), glad for a way out of her awkward position.

'I'm not sure why, but, for some reason I can tell that Sakura's really uncomfortable. And, even weirder, I want to help her out for some reason.' Sasuke (Naruto) thought before asking her, "Say, would you like to dance?"

"Huh? Oh! Sure." Hinata (Sakura) replied. "See you all later!" 'Thank you so much, Naruto! Once again , you've helped me out so much!'

This time, while they danced, they actually had a conversation.

"Thanks for helping me out, Naruto-Kun. It seems that everyone has been mistaking me for Hinata-Chan. It's starting to bother me."

"I see. Well, eveyone thinks I'm Sasuke, too. It's very annoying!" Sasuke (Naruto) explained. " So, I guess I understand."

"Oh, I don't really understand why they'd think that. You just look like, well, you." Hinata (Sakura) replied.

"Well, glad someone else only sees me!" Sasuke (Naruto) stated happily. 'For some reason, I think I'm liking her a little more now. She reminds me of Hinata; without the stuttering.'

"So, Sakura-Chan... What do you think of Hinata-Chan?" Sasuke (Naruto) asked suddenly. He'd been wondering what everyone else thought about her for a long time.

"Huh? Hinata-Chan? Well, she's... She's a really nice person, and, very strong, but, noone ever really gives her a chance to prove herself. People always assume she's weak." Hinata (Sakura) replied, honestly. "I think she just needs someone who really cares and believes in her to come and help her off of the ground and push her into the right direction."

'That person will be me!! BELIEVE IT!!!' Sasuke (Naruto) thought. '...Oh man!! Not only am I dressed like that idiot, but, I'm thinking like him too!' "Oh, uh, I see."

Meanwhile, Naruto and Sakura were getting into another arguement.

"I-I CAN'T B-B-BELIEVE YOU, S-SASUKE-SAN!!!" Sakura (Hinata) screeched, while throwing kunai after kunai after Naruto (Sasuke).

"WHAT?! STUPID HINATA-CHAN!!!"

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME 'STUPID', STUPID!!" Sakura yelled. She was so angry at him, that she forgot to stutter. 'I can't believe Sasuke-Kun!! This is better than I originally dreamed!' Deep down, Sakura had always wished for her and her spouse to almost always have different opinions on things like these. The 'Opposites Attract' thing had always been something Sakura loved.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT NEJI AND INO!!" Naruto countered. "IT'S DEFINITELY NOT TRUE!!!"

"WHAT? HOW IS IT NOT?! I MEAN, I KNOW TENTEN AND KIBA AREN'T, BUT, THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!" Sakura screeched in anger.

"KIBA AND TENTEN TOTALLY ARE!!!" Naruto disagreed. "I MEAN, DIDN'T YOU SEE THEM DANCING TOGETHER TODAY?"

"YEAH, I DID!! AND, TRUST ME, THEY TOTALLY WEREN'T!!" Sakura replied.

"Um, why are you two still arguing about this...? I mean, it's okay that you have different opinions..." Chouji, who had brought up the subject, said, trying to calm the two down. "...Naruto, Sakura?"

"THEY TOTA--... Huh? Chouji? Why'd you call us 'Naruto and Sakura'? We're 'Sasuke and Hinata'." Naruto (Sasuke) explained.

"Yeah, so, quit calling us that!" Sakura said.

"O-okay, I guess..." Chouji replied.

"Say, Chouji, Since you're here, why don't you settle our arguement?" Naruto suggested. "Is the 'Neji-Ino' pairing cute, or not, and, is the 'TenTen-Kiba' pairing cute or not?"

"I-I don't know... They're both fine--"

"CHOUJI!!! ANSWER US!! ARE THEY CUTE OR NOT AS COUPLES?!!!" Sakura suddenly yelled, pulling out a kunai. "Answer us, or else..."

"Yeah, or else..." Naruto joined in, pulling out some shuriken.

"Hehheh... c-can't you ask someone else?" Chouji asked, sweating nervously.

"One." Sakura counted, starting to evily smirk.

"I-I..."

"Two." Naruto counted, his eyes starting to get an evil glint in them.

"There both, um, they're both--"

"THREE!!" Sakura and Naruto both yelled in unision, before throwing their weapons. But, their aim was very bad, so, instead of Chouji, they all hit the couple that was singing a love song for karaoke.

"AAAHHHHH!!!" The couple screamed, as they dodged the weapons narrowly, only to have them hit the big sign behind them that read "Couples Karaoke: COUPLES ONLY!!" Which, in turn ,fell right on top of the frightened two.

Chouji took this moment to run off, leaving Sakura and Naruto to get into trouble themselves.

"HEY!! YOU TWO!! GET OVER HERE!" The man who was running the stand called at Naruto and Sakura, who nervously walked to the karaoke area.

"Fortunately, the couple wasn't all that injured. Just some scratches. But, to repent for your actions, the two of you will sing a song together for karaoke." The man quickly explained, before handing them both microphones.

"Eh?!" They both yelled, before being pushed on stage.

Up on a screen, some words started to scroll by, and, the duo started to sing.

But, for some reason, the song was "Girl Power" By the Cheetah Girls.

'WHAT THE? I'M A GUY!!' Naruto thought, before they began the song.

"Throw your hands up if you know that you're a star!
You'd better stand up if you know just who you are!!
Never give up, never stay down.
Girl Power! Girl Power!!"

'I can't believe I have to sing this!!' Naruto (Sasuke) thought.

'I can't believe Sasuke's actually singing this!' Sakura (Hinata) thought.

I've made mistakes before, but I know I'm not perfect,
It's okay 'cause who could ever be!
As long as I did my best,
It won't matter what noone says
'cause deep down in my heart I got the power to make it all happen!"

"Throw your hands up if you know that you're a star!
You'd better stand up if you know just who you are!!
Never give up, never stay down.
Girl Power! Girl Power!!"

"Throw your hands up if you know that you're a star!
You'd better stand up if you know just who you are!!
Never give up, never stay down.
Girl Power! Girl Power!!"

Sometimes life might get you down,
But you'd better hold your ground
Can't nobody live your life but you
stay true to who you are
And always follow your heart,
Your heart,
Your heeaaa-eeaaarrrtt!!!"

"Throw your hands up if you know that you're a star!
You'd better stand up if you know just who you are!!
Never give up, never stay down.
Girl Power! Girl Power!!"

"Throw your hands up if you know that you're a star!
You'd better stand up if you know just who you are!!
Never give up, never stay down.
Girl Power! Girl Power!!"

"You two suck!!!"

"You hurt my ears!!"

"I'm gonna go deaf!!"

When they'd finally finished the song, Naruto (Sasuke) and Sakura (Hinata) quickly excited the stage and left the karaoke area.

"MAN!! I can't believe I sang that song!!" Naruto whined. " I'm not a girl!!!"

"Hee-Hee!!" Sakura giggled. "Sasuke-Kun, I have to go, so, seeya later!!"

"Oh, okay. Bye, Hinata-Chan!!" Naruto (Sasuke) replied, before walking off in search of Sakura.

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey, thanks for all of the reviews so far!! They've been very motivational!

Please, continue reviewing, so I can continue updating!!

About the parenthesis. Most people like them, but, they bother some people.

So, would it be okay if I used the parenthesis at the beginning of a conversation or something only, and, if it lasts a long time, use then from time to time throughout the characters' interaction?

If you oppose such actions, or, if you're for such actions, review and tell me so!

Seeya,

AlwaysHiei (Tori)