Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ The End ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 17: And so it All Finally Ends

Hinata Hyuuga, stared in shock at the man she had come to love in this short evening; the man who she thought to be Naruto Uzumaki. The man who had turned out to be Sasuke Uchiha.

And Sasuke Uchiha stared right back in shock. He'd thought he had loved Sakura Haruno in the end, but now it turned out he had it all wrong. He had had it all right before; he really did love Hinata Hyuuga.

Over by the food area, Sakura Haruno stared inm shock at the guy who she had unexpectly fallen for; it wasn't the serious and handsome Sasuke Uchiha she'd always dreamed of. It was the loud, goofball Naruto Uzumaki whom she never even imagined falling for.

Naruto Uzumaki stared in happiness; He thought he loved Hinata Hyuuga in the end, and that he'd been wrong for years about loving Sakura Haruno, but it turned out that for once, Naruto was the one in the right the entire time; He truly did love Sakura Haruno.

"...NARUTO?!!!" Sakura yelled in surprise. "I FELL IN LOVE WITH NARUTO?!!"

"YOU LOVE ME?!!" Naruto shouted in joy. "SAKURA LOVES ME!! SHE SERIOUSLY, REALLY LOVES ME!!!"

"OH, SHUT UP NARUTO!!" Sakura yelled; everyone was staring now, and it was a bit embarassing to her. "IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S A BIG DEAL!!"

"OF COURSE IT'S A BIG DEAL! I FINALLY GOT THE GIRL OF MY DREAMS TO LOVE ME BACK!!" Naruto continued to shout. "I'M SO EXCITED!!"

"Jeeze...It's not that great." Sakura mumbled, starting to blush.

"SAKURA!! I promise to always love and protect you!!" Naruto said, pulling Sakura into a hug.

"Um, o-okay...You d-don't have to be s-so serious..." Sakura mumbled into Naruto's shoulder. She then proceded to think, 'Oh no! I think the stutterings stuck!! NO!!'

"Then...You're not Naruto...?" Hinata asked quietly.

"No, I'm Sasuke Uchiha...And, you're not Sakura?" Sasuke questioned quietly.

"No, I'm just Hinata Hyuuga..." Hinata affirmed. "Sorry if you're dissapointed by me..."

"No. It's fine." Sasuke denyed, shaking his head slightly. "I'm actually relieved and... happy. I've always loved you... But, are you okay with this?"

"Of course I didn't expect this, but, I'm fine with it..." Hinata began. "I always thought I was meant for Naruto, but... this just means I was wrong...And, I think that's okay; I felt like tonight I could sortive connect to you, more than Naruto...I may not have spoken to you much, and maybe I don't know much about you, but this seems like...like the real thing. And even though I never thought this would happen, I'm really happy. I'm happy that I finally found someone I truly love." Hinata finished the last part in a much more confident voice.

"...Thank you." Sasuke mumbled, a bit embarassed. "I'll do my best...to make this all work out."

Everyone at the food stand immediately awwed at the two scenes before them. "That's so cute!!"

"I'm so sad, and yet so happy!" Gaara began to say. "I had such a huge crush on Hinata, and now she has a boyfriend, and it isn't me! I'm happy she finally found peace, though!!"

Shino, who was currently dabbing his eyes with his handerchief, muttered. "That's gotta be the two heart-warming scenes I ever saw with my own two eyes."

His bugs all began agreeing with their master.

Orochimaru ran to the karaoke stage, grabbed the microphone, and started singing, "On The Wings of Love" by Jeffrey Osborne.

"This is dedicated to HinaSasu and SakuNaru!!" He yelled before starting with the lyrics.

"Just smile for me and let the day begin,

You are the sunshine that lights my heat within,

I'm sure that you're an angel in disguise,

Come take my hand and the two of us will rise!



On the wings of love

Up and above the clouds

The only way to fly

Is on the wings of love

On the wings of love

Only the two of us

Together flying high

Flying high Upon the wings of love


You look at me and I begin to melt

Just like the snow when a ray of sun is felt

I'm crazy bout ya baby can't you see

I'd be delighted if you could come with me


On the wings of love

Up and above the clouds

The only way to fly

Is on the wings of love

On the wings of love

Only the two of us

Together flying high

Flying high Upon the wings of love


Yes you belong to me

I'm yours exclusively

Right now we live and breathe Each other

Insepreble it seems,

We're flowing like a stream

Running free flowing

On the wings of love


On the wings of love

Up and above the clouds

The only way to fly

Is on the wings of love

On the wings of love

Only the two of us

Together flying high

Together flying high


On the wings of love

Up and above the clouds

The only way to fly

Is on the wings of love

On the wings of love

Only the two of us

Together flying high

Together flying high

Upon the wings of love!!"

After he finished, everyone clapped.

"Thank you, thank you!! I hope you all liked my singing!" Orochimaru began. " That was dedicated to HinaSasu and NaruSaku; the best couples ever!!"

Everyone screamed in agreement to the statement.

Orochimaru bowed before jumping offstage and dashing back into the announcer office.

"OKAY!! WEREN'T THOSE TWO SECENS JUST THE CUTEST, EVERYONE??!! AND THE SINGING JUST THE BEST EVER?!!!" The announcer said. "WELL, NOW IT'S TIME FOR EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR THEIR FAVORITE COUPLES IN THE CONTEST!!! LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!"

All of the contestants crossed their fingers as everyone else filed in and out of the voting booths.

After about a half-hour, the voting was finished and the results were all tallied up.

All of the couples waited nervously for the winners to be announced.

"AND NOW EVERYONE, THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!" The announcer said. "THE THIRD PLACE WINNERS OF OUR CONTEST ARE.....HOLD ON A MINUTE..."

"Hurry it up!!" Shino yelled in boredom.

"HANG ON!! I CAN'T GET THIS ENVELOPE OPENED!!" The announcer complained. "OW!! I GOT A PAPER CUT!! WWWWWAAAAAHHHHH!! I WANT MY MOTHERLY-FIGURE!!"

"JUST OPEN THE STUPID ENVELOPE!!!" Gaara yelled.

"OKAY, OKAY!!!" The announcer agreed frusteratedly. "AND THE THIRD PLACE WINNERS ARE.... ANKO AND KAKASHI!!!"

"...THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE A SPEECH!!!!" Neji complained.

"NEITHER DID THE HOKAGE!!" Some random person countered.

"AT LEAST SHE CAME TO THE SPEECHES!!!" Ino yelled back.

"UM, CAN KAKASHI AND ANKO PLEASE COME UP?" The announcer said nervously.

Suddenly, there was a poof of smoke onstage, and there stood Kakashi and Anko.

"Sorry we're late..." Kakashi began.

"YOU'RE THE THIRD PLACE WINNERS!! HERE'S YOUR TROPHY!!!" The announcer interrupted, throwing a trophy out of the announcer offices window.

"Allright!! WE GOT A PLACE; AND A TROPHY!!" Anko exclaimed, grabbing the trophy.

"Yay..." Kakashi said excitedly.

"How did they get a place?!! They didn't even come for the speech part!!" Sakura yelled.

"Exactly!!" The whole audience shouted back. "They didn't force us into the sheer agony of listening to a terrible speech!!"

"AND IN SECOND PLACE; JIRAIYA AND TSUNADE-SAMA!!"

"I only voted for them because she's the hokage..." A voter who was wearing a T-shirt that said "I VOTED; CHUUNIN COUPLES CONTEST 2006!"

A murmur of agreements were heard throughout.

"AND IN FIRST PLACE; THE CUTEST COUPLE IN ALL OF KONOHA IS..." The announcer interrupted again. "THE CHICKEN AND THE STICK!!"

"What the??!!!" Neji yelled. "I didn't even see them on the list of couples!!"

"True, but you gotta admit; they are pretty cute together." Tenten commented.

"Yeah, they totally deserve it." Ino agreed.

"I gotta say, those two defintitely earned their right as the cutest couple." Shino added.

"Well, guess we didn't win..." Sasuke stated, holding Hinata's hand.

"Guess not. But it's fine..." Hinata replied.

"Yeah. Not a big deal; at least I still got the girl of my dreams." Sasuke agreed.

"AUGH!! NOW I WON'T GET THAT PRIZE MONEY!!" Both Naruto and Sakura shouted. "HINATA AND SASUKE ARE ONLY OKAY WITH THIS BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH IN FOR HUGE INHERITANCES WHEN THEY TURN EIGHTEEN!!"

"Yup. That's pretty much it." Hinata and Sasuke agreed, both still smiling.

"STUPID RICH JERKS!!" Sakura and Naruto screamed.

"Well, we aren't rich yet." Hinata pointed out.

"STUPID-SOON-TO-BE-RICH JERKS!!" Sakura and Naruto corrected themselves.

"That we are, that we are." Sasuke agreed.

"AUGH!" Sakura and Naruto both yelled agitatedly.

Suddenly, Gai walked towards the group.

"My butt!" He shouted in pain. "I'm too old for this..."

'WHAT THE--?!!' The four all thought. 'Gai-ACTING UNYOUTHFUL?!'

"NOOOO!! SENSEI! YOU MUST ACT IN ALL YOUTHFULNESS!!' Rock Lee yelled from the food stand.

"OWWW! SHUT UP, LEE! YOUR YELLING HURTS MY EARS!!!" Gai yelled in anger.

Lee, who'd run over to the group while he was yelling, dropped to the ground with anime tears flooding his eyes. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU'VE GONE TO THE SIDE OF THE LAZY, JUNK FOOD EATING, COUCH AND/OR COMPUTER CHAIR SITTING, TV WATCHING, COMPUTR OBSESSED PEOPLE!!! YOU'VE GONE TO THE DARK SIDE!!! TO THE SIDE OF COMPLETE UNYOUTHFULNESS!!!!!"

Suddenly, Gai seemed to go back to his senses as he looked down at his look-alike student with a shocked look of realization on his face. "....It's true. I've really become one of them..."

"Oh, Gai-Sensei!! Please, come back! Come back!!" Lee begged.

"But-but how?!! My butt; it hurts too much!!" Gai replied. "It's all so hopeless!!"

"You can come back, sensei!! All you must do is bear the pain and do five-hundred pushups!! A MERE FIVE HUNDRED PUSHUPS!!! You can do it!!" Lee urged, standing up.

"I don't think I can..." Gai replied, shaking his head before looking at his students face, which had a look mixed with sadness at his sensei's self-defeat, and confidence in his sensei's push-up abilities. After seeing this, Gai continued speaking with, "But, I MUST TRY!!"

Gai got down onto the ground and did his push-ups. The two couples both got up and left.

As they walked away, Naruto and Sasuke realized something....THEY WERE WEARING EACHOTHER'S CLOTHING!!! Sakura and Hinata were as well, but they could easily go into the restroom and change. Unfortunately, the males' restroom was currently out of buisiness, due to Gai recently using its facilities.

Sasuke and Naruto both immediately froze in realization of this and turned to look at eachother.

They both yelled, "WE GOTTA SWITCH; NOW!!!" Before running off in random directions. Sadly, they both went in opposite ways.

Naruto ran through the part of town in which all of the silent, cold-hearted guys who have fanclubs hang out. As soon as they saw Naruto running through their area in Sasuke's clothing, they all greeted him, and welcomed him as a new member of their group...in a very happy and excited manner.

Naruto, who'd quit running, merely stared at them in awe. These people were actually kind, happy, friendly, and maybe even annoying and loud?!!

He just continued staring as he saw them all laugh and joke around together, look through magazines, and play around with cute girl dolls.

Sasuke had ran into the area of town where people who wear orange or other bright colors, talk a ton, are accused of being really annoying, and seem to get punched a lot by the girl they're crushing on hung out. As soon as they saw Sasuke in Naruto's clothing, they greeted him and reluctantly let him into the group...in calm, uncaring manners.

He just looked on as these guys joined in on staring contests, glaring contests, bragging contests, and silent contests.

After watching in boredom for a little while, Sasuke, who was kinda freaked out, left the area in search of Naruto.

After they both ran for about a half-hour, they finally found eachother.

"Uh, hey..." Sasuke greeted lamely. He was sortive nervous, though he didn't know why.

"Yeah, hi..." Naruto replied, also nervously.

They fell into a moment of silence before they both blurted out, "You'd better not have any feelins for Sakura/Hinata!!"

They just looked at eachother for another moment before once again blurting out, "Not that I'd ever break up with her if you did."

Sasuke smirked and Naruto followed suit.

"I can't believe you actually dressed up like me. You must be desperate to get a girlfriend."

"Watch it, man! You dressed up like me too."

"Yeah, well, for your information, I could careless about you being with Sakura. I love Hinata; not Sakura." Sasuke said.

"And I don't care that you're with Hinata either!" Naruto replied.

"Good; I mean, I only asked because I know she liked you, and wanted to know if you had feelings for her." Sasuke continued.

"Me too." Naruto agreed.

"Because if you did, I'd beat you up if you tried anything."

"Glad we cleared that up; now let's change our clothes!!" Naruto finished.

They ran into the nearest restroom, switched outfits, used the toilets, and washed their hands before running off towards Sakura and Hinata.

With Hinata and Sakura

"Um, Hinata?" Sakura said quietly, looking towards her friend.

"Yeah?" Hinata replied.

"You are okay with me and Naruto being together..Right?" Sakura asked curiously.

"Of course! I really liked him before, but now I realize it was more of a family-love. You're okay with me and Sasuke, right?" Hinata affirmed.

"Yup." Sakura replied. "I liked him for all of the wrong reasons, anyways."

They both smiled at eachother before their new boyfriends popped up in front of them.

"Sorry about that!!" Naruto yelled.

"Yeah, sorry." Sasuke said calmly.

"It okay."

"It's fine." The girls replied, waving their wait off. "Let's just go."

The two couples got up and walked off together, each person holding hands with their boyfriend or girlfriend. As they walked off into the distance, their silouettes became smaller and smaller in the moonlight.

It had been tough, and it took a lot of time, not to mention humiliation, but these four people had finally managed to find their true loves. It would seem "Tsunade's Dance of Romance" had actually worked, as it had created many wonderful couples that were sure to create plenty of juicy gossip within the small town.

And who knows? There could be more couples just waiting to form. I suppose we'll just have to wait for next year's "Dance of the Jounin" to discover them.

Yes, It was a pretty sight to waitch, the two couples walking slowly into the night together; well, except for the shadow of the toilet paper hanging out of Naruto's pants.

THE END

Yup. That's the end. Hope you all enjoyed this story til this end. I had lots of fun writing it all, and had plenty of laughs from it. I loved all of the reviews I've recieved for it, and I'm glad so many people like this one. I feel kinda sad that it's all over, but a bit happy to know it ended fairly well in my opinion. I really like how it all turned out. I know a lot of people are dissapointed with the couples outcome, but I also know lots of people are happy, including myself, so I'm pretty satisfied.

I hope everyone found this entertaining, and I hope to hear from everyone on another of my stories too!!

Seeya or goodbye, depends upon whether you read my other stories,
AlwaysHiei