Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ Chapter 16

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 16

Once Naruto (Sasuke) and Sakura (Hinata) got offstage, the announcer announced that Jiraiya and Tsunade didn't have to make a speech because 'TSUNADE IS OUR HOKAGE, AFTER ALL!' though everyone knew it was because they were both completely drunk. The announcer then continued to annouce that Sasuke (Naruto) and Hinata (Sakura) were up next; after intermission.

Though she saw no reason to have one when they only had two more speeches to go, Hinata was thankful for the extra time to calm herself down. She was already quite nervous, and it didn't help that everyone had just discovered Gaara's crush on her a few minutes ago.

Even though she hadn't heard really any of the speech, and had no clue who'd been speaking, due to her and Sasuke (Naruto) going to the food area to get all the good food before everyone else got back there, somehow she'd heard the entire Gaara part. And it freaked her out.

'Gaara and Hinata sitting in the sand, there goes Gaara touching her hand...' Continuously echoed through her mind as she did her best to calm down.

Sasuke (Naruto) quickly noticed his partners nervousness, and did his best to console her.

Unfortunately, Sasuke was not the best person to try and cheer someone up. Especially not people who annoyed him like Sakura. Although, she hadn't been annoying him the entire night.

Still, if only she were Hinata. Well, maybe not...Hinata was being a bit irritating as of tonight. Which was weird as well.

Sasuke just shrugged it off, and began his efforts to cheer her up.

"Hey, Sakura! It'll be fine. We're not gonna mess up, and you'll do great! So, come on!" Sasuke (Naruto) urged, surprising himself. He didn't have any idea of what he'd say, but it all just flowed out.

'Oh, Naruto-Kun! I feel a bit better now. If only you would've said "Hinata".' Hinata thought. Lately, her feelings for Naruto were getting stronger and stronger. This night, her feelings had seemed to grow more than ever before.

"Thank you for the encouragement, Naruto-kun. I'm sure we'll do fine, too." Hinata (Sakura) replied, smiling at Sasuke (Naruto).

"Yeah, we will." Sasuke agreed, smiling.

And Hinata wasn't the only one who saw this. Everyone in the audience saw that smile, and they were all shocked amd amazed.

"Awww! Hinata and Sasuke were meant to be!! They're destined for eachother." Neji said.

"Yes! Hinata is the only one who can, and will, melt away the ice on his heart, and Sasuke will protect her from all things tainted and evil." Tenten shouted in joy.

"So different and yet so similar at the same time!" In yelled in spirit and support.

"Sasuke will be her prince, and Hinata his georgous princess!! IT'S SO CUTE!" Kankurou explained in joy.

Sasuke was, naturally, blushing like mad by this time. 'Gotta quit blushing, gotta quit blushing!!' Sasuke urged himself, to no avail.

"Hey, Why're you blushing, "Naruto"?" Shino mocked. Sakura (Hinata) and Naruto (Sasuke) were currently walking towards the food stand for food.

As they walked, the two were each lost in thought.

Sakura's thoughts were the following. 'I am completely in love with Sasuke now!! I mean it. I always liked him, but, after tonight, I'm seriously in love. I guess it's probably because he seems a bit happier now, and more enthusiastic. He's louder too, which is great, because I'm used to loudness, and I've sortive come to enjoy it.'

Naruto's thoughts were akin to the following. 'This is weird!! I have no clue why, but I think I'm in love with Hinata here! I always thought she was quiet and weird, but, right now she seems different!! She's talks more, doesn't blush and/or faint as much! Actually, she hasn't fainted even once (That I remember) tonight!! This is great! Yeah, she's defintely better. Almost Sakura- like! Which is wonderful!'

"AHHHHH!! TWO JERKS ATE ALL OF THE FOOD!!!" Everyone heard Naruto (Sasuke) yell.

Gaara replied, "How do you know it was only one or two people?!!"


"BECAUSE THEY LEFT A NOTE!! WITH CRUMBS ON IT!!" Naruto explained.

"What does the note say, idiot?!!" Kiba asked.

"IT SAYS: 'Hello there. Loser(s). We have eaten all of the food while you were at that idiotic speech. How sad for you; you will have to starve the rest of night, while my girlfriend and I are perfectly fine and full. Be jealous of us.
My girlfriend has decided that we should be a bit merciful, so, we have left an abundance of crumbs; enjoy.'!!!!!" Naruto read in anger. "GAAAHHH! I'M SO HUNGRY! I KNOW; I'LL EAT THE CRUMBS--NO!! I DROPPED THEM ON THE GROUND!!! NOW I'LL HAVE TO EAT THEM ALL OFFA THE DIRTY GROUND!!"

"Hey! YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PERSON HERE, JERK! WE'RE HUNGRY TOO!!" Shino shouted in anger as he stood up and raced to the food-table for the crumbs.

"I want some too!" Another audience member agreed, as he ran after Shino. Soon enough, the entire audience ran to the food area, and were now in a giant fight over all and any crumbs there was.

"WELL... YOU TWO CAN START THE SPEECH NOW. I'LL JUST BE OVER THERE FIGHTING FOR THE CRUMBS!! GOOD LUCK!!" The announcer announced to Sasuke and Hinata, who looked over to the dark room the announcer apparently stayed in only to see.... Orochimaru dash out the door and towards the raging and hungry crowd.

"He's the announcer?!" Sasuke and Hinata exclaimed in unision, staring with wide-eyes at the back of the evil sannin.

After a few moments of utter silence, Sasuke (Naruto) and Hinata (Sakura) agreed to just do the stupid speech.

Basically, they walked onto the stage, faced the empty seats, opened their mouths and said...nothing. They had nothing to say. Their speech was completely forgotten by both as soon as they got onstage.

'Oh! Within the few hours I've spent with Naruto-kun, my love has more than doubled for him! I have discovered so many reasons why we should be together in these few hours, but, I'm disguised as Sakura! And I don't think Sakura belongs with this man standing beside me; I know she doesn't! Because I do!! But since I'm pretending to be her, I have to support her being with him. But what do I say to support an idea I positively hate?!!' Hinata (Sakura) thought in confusion.

Meanwhile, Sasuke (Naruto) was in the midst of similiar thought-process. 'I have no idea why, but, I've somehow fallen for her! I always thought she was annoying and loud but now, I think she's the most wonderful person on Earth! But, wasn't Hinata the most wonderful person on Earth? Isn't she the reason why I'm standing up here, looking like moron, wearing an orange outfit?! If I fall in love with Sakura, It'll all be pointless! Yet, no matter how much I try and deny it, it's true! I've fallen in love with this person next to me!!'

As they were thinking, Sakura (Hinata), who'd jumped out of the crumb fight was, as usual, perfectly fine with her feelings, except she was really hoping Sasuke'd stay the way he was being tonight, and that he'd decide he liked bright colors like Naruto did.

Naruto (Sasuke) was fighting his way out of the fight, but, as he fought for his life, he just wished Hinata would be like Sakura all the time; he especially wanted her to dye her hair pink!

Though Hinata was already okay with her feelings, she had one dilemma. She'd always liked darker colors, because lighter colors tended to bother her and hurt her eyes, should she look too long. And, though Naruto had seemingly began to be a lot quieter, which was a huge part of why Hinata's love for him had nearly doubled seeing as to how loud noises could often hurt her ears, he'd end up getting loud again, knowing Naruto. Which was her only issue.

How could she get Naruto to completely and totally change his personality to permanently be like how he was tonight, if not even more quiet and subdued, and if she could get him to dye his hair black, and wear dark colors...Basically, she wanted him to be like Sasuke Uchiha.

She didn't know much about him, but, she knew he wasn't very brightly-colored when it came to clothing and looks, nor was he at all loud in personality, and though she always crushed on Naruto, she had also dreamed of marrying someone like Sasuke Uchiha.

It was odd, but, when she was younger, she had actually had a crush on the Uchiha, before he became coldhearted, of course. Though she'd moved on to Naruto, she never did forget about Sasuke or her old dream to marry him.

After a few more minutes of thinking, Sasuke came to terms with his feelings. Only one problem. What to do with that pink hair and loud personality? Too bad she wasn't always like Hinata Hyuuga.

Suddenly, as if in answer to their questions, it began to rain. It wasn't a drizzle; it was a downpour. Which was very bad for the foursomes' disguises. As you may remember from early on in this tale, they each bought hair dye to dye their hair with. But, they didn't just buy hair dye; they bought CHEAP hair dye. Very cheap hair dye. They kind that'll wash off with only a tiny bit of water spilled on it.

And as can be easily predicted at this point, the hair dye came out of each and every one of these fours hair.

Slowly but surely, Sakura's blue dye dripped out of her hair to reveal pink.

Hinata's dye dripped out to reveal blue.

Naruto's dye dripped out to reveal blond.

Sasuke's hair dripped out to reveal black.

The dye began to get inside of their contacts, too, so they each grudgingly removed them to reveal their original eye color.

As soon as they finished this, they all turned to face their 'dates' only to find that their dates weren't who they first thought.

'Then I've actually fallen in love with Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura/Hinata?!!'

TO BE CONTINUED

So, it's really almost finished. Wow. I hope you liked this chapter, because tried pretty hard on this one.

Finally, after so long, the announcer's identity is finally revealed!!

I guess the pairings are pretty much revealed in this chapter, but if you still didn't figure it out, then the pairings are, as they were from the moment I began this, Hinata/Sasuke and Naruto/Sakura. Sorry if you're dissapointed, and I hope it doesn't keep you from reading the last chapter (Which will probably be the next chapter, or the one after that).

Anyways, all those who've stuck with this story: Please review. Especially if you haven't done so yet. Even though it's almost over, I still want to know everyone's opinions on this. That way, my newest story can be even better (Though it's not comedy).

I hope to recieve many reviews!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei